Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 14, 2023 12:57 PM
Dec 2021
Man! all that built up tension over two weeks and it paid off in the most unexpected but best way!
Feb 14, 2023 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
My boy Denji can't find peace at all. 
Nayuta showing the control devil way to do things.... I was excited to see her but I didn't enjoy much. I'm curious how she'll develop to not become a b*tch.
Feb 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Aug 2022
For that girl to so easily turning the war devil into a pet like that...she must be scary strong already 🤣
Feb 14, 2023 3:18 PM

Feb 2022
Nayuta is a very funny character, I love it

I wonder why Yoshida asked Asa out
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 14, 2023 3:23 PM
Feb 2022
Nayuta es tan posesiva como era Makima. Se nota que es el mismo demonio. Ahora habrá una cita entre Asa y Yoshida . ¿En que terminara? ¿Me pregunto que sentiría Yoru si supiera que se comporto como perro?
Feb 14, 2023 3:28 PM
Aug 2021
Best chapter we could have got in Valentine’s Day
Feb 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Feb 2012
Good chapter and Nayuta is great. 

BUT I feel we were a TINY bit robbed from having any plot progression. I'm disappointed with the memory wipe and returning to the status quo. We are having fantastic character moments but I guess I have to stay patient for some plot progress. I was really looking forward to Denji and Asa/War Devil finding out about each other.
Feb 14, 2023 3:43 PM

Apr 2016
Yoru as a dog is fun hahaha
I love that Nayuta is just an immature child version of Makima
Yoshida as the new love interest?? I'm not so sure about that, but we'll see!
Feb 14, 2023 4:52 PM

Mar 2015
nayuta is makima personality but with denji attitude, LMAO.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 14, 2023 5:06 PM
Jan 2023
Didnt like it, totally expected nayuta to be an annoyning controlling brat, i hate memory loss tropes, hope this gets better...
Feb 14, 2023 5:45 PM

Dec 2021
Well great chapter as always, I really like nayuta's character, she gives power vibes and that's what I liked about her most, her calling denji her property was hilariously 😂.
Feb 14, 2023 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
Damn, guess I'm caught up now. Have liked Yoshida's presence a lot, excited for more of him. Nayuta's pretty good so far. Ice cream everyday. Definitely feels like she takes from Denji, by extension having some Power aspects as well, fart chart, haha.
Overall, Part 2's been really good so far, big improvement in art, I've liked following Denji more cause of his development. This Part has been crazy sweet as well but interested in seeing how things turn out. Has reminded me of Parasyte where Part 1 reminded me a lot of Devilman. Of course, very much is its own thing, building off of what came earlier. I typically forum post on lots of stuff I watch or read but don't know if I'll bother here, is more fun discussing this guy's works with discussions over forum posts I feel. But yes, very good series, sucks to be caught up though, haha.
Feb 14, 2023 7:04 PM

Oct 2021
Nayuta ruined Denji's date! I am so disappointed. And Nayuta turned Asa into a dog!?! WHAT?? 😵 In just one snap, she erased Asa's memories and made her think that Denji stood her up on their date. Well, she's not wrong that Yoru (using Asa's body) is bad influence on Denji. But with this chapter entitled "Triangle", the Love Triangle could possibly be among Denji, Nayuta, and Asa (or Yoshida, Asa, and Denji).

Asa thought Denji forgot their date! Poor girl! And that wall of text is Asa's rationalization to herself that she doesn't need Denji. But she should admit to herself that she needs company. No one is an island --- not even her. She's lonely that Denji didn't come for her.

Now that her memories were erased, in comes Yoshida "looking for company". What does he want? Now I ship Asa and Yoshida! 😊♥️

I wanna see more Asa x Denji scenes. Sad to say, Fujimoto is scrapping those scenes early as he has other plans for Asa --- the mysterious but cool Yoshida! 😎😏
marquinti2Feb 14, 2023 7:10 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Feb 14, 2023 7:23 PM
Jul 2021
Why, Asa is my favourite character, why fujimoto whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Feb 14, 2023 7:28 PM
Mar 2022
umm il like these chapter
Feb 14, 2023 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
What a coincidence, both Asa and myself were stood up on Valentines day. 
Feb 14, 2023 7:52 PM

Apr 2019
rs678 said:
Is anyone else generally disappointed with Part 2? The pacing is so slow and every time you think something interesting is going to happen Fujimoto immediately shifts the plot. I was looking forward to seeing more interaction between denji Nayuta and asa but it looks like we're not getting that anytime soon. I get that that's the control devil's power, but its way too convenient of a way for the plot to completely change after one chapter. It feels like we've only gotten hints of plot for Part 2 at a time, but nothing to show for it even still. Compared to part 1 this is very slice of life, which is good if you're into that, but for me I can't say I'm a fan anymore. 

I think you should take a break and come back a year or something later when their are a huge chunk of chapters to catch up on. Part 2 still has a lot more ground work to do and will have such pacing for sometime more in my opinion . Part 1 was just following the standard shonen structure in the beginning. Fujimoto was able to pace it fast because it was just following tropes that shonen fans have been familiar with for years.

Part 2 on the other hand is trying to handle a lot more plot elements that Fujimoto has set up. It needs time to put all the elements in their place so that the story can move without any hiccups. Fujimoto had to introduce a new main character, build her up, introduce the other Horsemens, explain the current status of the world after part 1, reintroduce Denji, reintroduce Yoshida and establish his role in the story, establish Asa's relationship to Denji, establish Denji and Nayuta's relationship and so on. So far I think he has done a great job. In just 23 chapters we are already seeing the elements coming into place.

I think the next arc is going to be about establishing Asa and Yoshida's relationship. It has to be slow otherwise the character relations won't make sense and it would feel rushed. I like how part 2 is handling things at the moment.
Feb 14, 2023 8:17 PM
Oct 2019
reverses the past 20 chapters of character development
Feb 14, 2023 8:39 PM

Dec 2016
Nayuta's getting on my nerves ngl especially since I'm an Asa sympathizer and wanted her happy, but I suppose it's better than her dying or staying a "dog" forever, so whatever.
Feb 14, 2023 8:49 PM

Dec 2022
Holy fudgin hecky hell..
Nayuta here is similar to Nayuta from Yogen No Nayuta fr tho ;-;
but i love it cause she's such a gremlin child omg.
And whatever the hell this pretty boy Yoshida is cooking at the end of this chapter hm??

Feb 14, 2023 8:49 PM

May 2010
Nayuta can smell a rat and is protecting denji. She is bratty but seemingly good intentioned here.
Feb 14, 2023 9:11 PM

Dec 2020
Asa lmao

What is Yoshida planning huh...
Feb 14, 2023 11:40 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was solved easier and with a lot less blood shed than expected. Nayuta is funny. She feels like the daughter of Power and Denji with a dose of Makima's controlling ways sprinkle on top.

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Lol Nayuta did turn Asa into her bitch - temporarily at least, lol.
Quite literally indeed. It was more Yoru though. If she ever finds out it's going to sting her ego.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 15, 2023 1:07 AM

Sep 2008
guess I'm done with this manga. 30 chapters of unlikable girls,
worse art than part1,
goes nowhere, everything is a copout
two chainsaw man appearances
highschool sol bs.
even a potential conquest vs war was a big fat nothing.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 15, 2023 1:45 AM
Jun 2020
If that's really the way they end their relationship that's pretty sad, for something that had a lot of potential with all that build up to be tossed aside. But that's Chainsaw Man for you there isn't happy just constantly getting screwed over. 
Feb 15, 2023 2:26 AM
May 2022
chapters are sooo meh
Feb 15, 2023 3:00 AM

Sep 2016
Uh oh... what is Yoshida up to now I wonder? I feel like he's either gonna try and kill Asa or maybe he will reveal Denji's true identity to her so they (Denji and Asa) will continue to have to deal with each other, which in turn will suck Nayuta into the action as well.

Gotta say I'm pretty curious to see what will happen next. Unfortunately many of Part 2's intense cliffhangers only lead to comedic moments as of now so I hope something genuinely big will happen next chapter. Also great we'll get the next chapter next week already.
Feb 15, 2023 3:53 AM
Dec 2020
thats why i hate kids. but if that kid is makima reincarnated then..... I HATE THEM MORE
Feb 15, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2011
judgepenguin said:
If that's really the way they end their relationship that's pretty sad, for something that had a lot of potential with all that build up to be tossed aside. But that's Chainsaw Man for you there isn't happy just constantly getting screwed over. 
don't count it out just yet besides fujimoto said part 2 is different from part 1 haruka did saw thme going to denji's house control devil's memory wiping can be undone
Feb 15, 2023 9:29 AM

Nov 2020
oh boy another chapter where nothing happens
i really hated the memory wipe thing
Feb 15, 2023 10:28 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
There you go, we're gonna have to go on a detour.
Feb 15, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
rs678 said:
Is anyone else generally disappointed with Part 2? The pacing is so slow and every time you think something interesting is going to happen Fujimoto immediately shifts the plot. I was looking forward to seeing more interaction between denji Nayuta and asa but it looks like we're not getting that anytime soon. I get that that's the control devil's power, but its way too convenient of a way for the plot to completely change after one chapter. It feels like we've only gotten hints of plot for Part 2 at a time, but nothing to show for it even still. Compared to part 1 this is very slice of life, which is good if you're into that, but for me I can't say I'm a fan anymore. 
I see nothing but facts.
It's a completely different manga, and while I try to take it for what it is, it's a massive downgrade. And it's coming from someone who have read (and enjoyed) all of Fujimoto previous works... sorry, if sol works for Sayonara Eri and Look Back, it doesn't mean it will work for CSM.
Feb 15, 2023 1:25 PM
Apr 2011
TheMangaManiac said:
rs678 said:
I see nothing but facts.
It's a completely different manga, and while I try to take it for what it is, it's a massive downgrade. And it's coming from someone who have read (and enjoyed) all of Fujimoto previous works... sorry, if sol works for Sayonara Eri and Look Back, it doesn't mean it will work for CSM.

I mean fuji literally said in an interview he wanted part 2 to be different from part 1
Feb 15, 2023 3:14 PM

May 2022
im horribly scared for whatever fujimoto is cooking. the weird recurring events from part 1 is what first ticked me off that something strange is going on, but the bizarre sense of hopelessness and dread behind the cute sol moments is really noticeable, especially in this chapter. part 1 was obviously planned out a lot from the get go, and something tells me fujimoto is planning out something terribly depressing and horrifying for part 2 
Feb 15, 2023 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
Ooooo, sometimes I hate the author for doing this, but for this character I don't care. I'd rather ship Denji with Bomb-Girl anyway. At least she showed she potentially cared for Denji and could be down to do anything with him
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Feb 15, 2023 3:53 PM
Apr 2011
EZSulten said:
Ooooo, sometimes I hate the author for doing this, but for this character I don't care. I'd rather ship Denji with Bomb-Girl anyway. At least she showed she potentially cared for Denji and could be down to do anything with him

Watch bomb girl having a boyfriend that isn’t denji in this arc. Beside asa does start to love denji anyways
Feb 15, 2023 7:47 PM

Nov 2020
not as scary as i thought it was gonna be. thank god
Feb 15, 2023 8:46 PM
Dec 2019
Too Short very sad but happy because new chapter
Feb 16, 2023 1:54 AM

Mar 2021
Neutral on Nayuta. Don't like or dislike her. Though she could smell something was up with Asa and was protecting Denji so she gets points for that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2023 2:54 AM
Jun 2020

Toxin456 said:
judgepenguin said:
don't count it out just yet besides fujimoto said part 2 is different from part 1 haruka did saw thme going to denji's house control devil's memory wiping can be undone
Oh that actually makes me feel a bit more hopeful I didn't know he said that and I also forgot that the control being undone, aweseome
Feb 16, 2023 8:10 AM

May 2021
At first, I thought Nayuta was being an a-hole but then I realized that she must have smelled the War Devil so this must have been a defense mechanism. Sweet.

Feb 16, 2023 1:39 PM
Mar 2021
worst chapter ever
Feb 16, 2023 4:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Uh Asa really got f*cked with her memories effaced :S
Feb 16, 2023 6:02 PM
Apr 2011
Ashhk said:
Uh Asa really got f*cked with her memories effaced :S
not like it will last anyway 
Feb 17, 2023 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
Nayuta is funny lol, I guess Denji has raised her with love so she wouldn't turn out like Makima and it worked! I thought Asa was a goner but nah she just got made to act like a dog and I wonder where it will go now
Feb 17, 2023 6:49 PM
Oct 2022
I just want them to be happy now
Feb 18, 2023 12:27 AM
Apr 2017
Nayuta!!! haha, what a chapter for a reveal. great chapter.
Feb 18, 2023 10:07 AM
Apr 2019
I swear Fujimoto-sensei just wants to draw huskies
Feb 18, 2023 8:39 PM

Aug 2018
Nayuta erased her memories...interesting.
And now Yoshida invited Asa.
Feb 19, 2023 2:47 AM
Aug 2017
bark bark woof woof
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jun 4

370 by Catalano »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Jun 11

91 by satyrelfheim »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MegamiRem - May 21

105 by satyrelfheim »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 165 Discussion

jas-samaaa - May 14

49 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 164 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Apr 30

43 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.