Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Summertime Rendering
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 8, 2022 9:49 PM

Jan 2021
Kymazaki said:
Spicelit said:
dawg, I’m not surprised I just think it isn’t necessary

well i mean the whole relationship between shinpei and ushio is literally romance soooooo ofc theres gonna be other characters who have love interests too, its a given.
ok bud, but that doesn’t prove my opinion wrong. Their whole relationship isn’t just romance, but ok think what you think
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Sep 9, 2022 12:07 AM

Nov 2019
Germs_N_Spices said:
Noisrev said:

"Plot armor in fiction"

What, you're not making any sense, where else should it(plot armor) be other than in fiction?

If it was justified beforehand then it's not plot armor, it's either justified or a plot armor, no in-between

Now you're just being mad for the sake of being mad. Turns out you didn't even bother to read into my posts and now you're just spewing vitriol at random phrases. I'm literally just explaining how plot armour works and how this show avoids relying on them. Who the hell hurt you?

Bro you avoiding my first question leads to me asking another question, just answer my first and second question, and drop your childish assumptions please, I'm just genuinely asking questions that you're tryna avoid somehow
Sep 9, 2022 1:10 AM
Jun 2022
Spicelit said:
Kymazaki said:

well i mean the whole relationship between shinpei and ushio is literally romance soooooo ofc theres gonna be other characters who have love interests too, its a given.
ok bud, but that doesn’t prove my opinion wrong. Their whole relationship isn’t just romance, but ok think what you think

ok, there is absolutely no way that were watching the same show if you haven't realised that their entire relationship since they were young is romantic. you really think that a whole show would have it were only two characters had some sort of love interest and then just say fuck the rest?? i mean theyre still just regular people who knew each other since childhood and got crushes on their respective love interest, they had nothing to do with shadows before so they had no need to be brooding loners focused on revenge like hizuru basically is.
Sep 9, 2022 6:34 AM
Feb 2021
Kymazaki said:
awyz said:
This is getting boring and boring every single episode

stop watching?? i swear people be commenting on mal just to make themselves look like whiny bitches like nigga we dont care

Why do you even quote to my post if you don't care my boy? Just shut the fuck up and try not to get offended by every single opinion that you don't agree with.
Sep 9, 2022 6:48 AM

Jan 2021
Kymazaki said:
Spicelit said:

ok, there is absolutely no way that were watching the same show if you haven't realised that their entire relationship since they were young is romantic. you really think that a whole show would have it were only two characters had some sort of love interest and then just say fuck the rest?? i mean theyre still just regular people who knew each other since childhood and got crushes on their respective love interest, they had nothing to do with shadows before so they had no need to be brooding loners focused on revenge like hizuru basically is.
dude literally chill the hell out. As awyz said, don’t go getting mad at other people’s opinions, just shut the fuck up and move on

Sep 9, 2022 6:55 AM
Jan 2022
The episode was very creative
Sep 9, 2022 6:58 AM
Jun 2022
Spicelit said:
Kymazaki said:

dude literally chill the hell out. As awyz said, don’t go getting mad at other people’s opinions, just shut the fuck up and move on
Spicelit said:
Kymazaki said:

bro what??? why would you possibly assume that im mad at your opinion?? you literally said that my previous statements didnt prove your opinion wrong so i was simply giving more factual information about the characters and their relationships, like hello?? i wasnt typing in all caps or cussing all through my sentences or anything of the sorts so you need to stop assuming so much.
Sep 9, 2022 7:07 AM
Jun 2022
awyz said:
Kymazaki said:

stop watching?? i swear people be commenting on mal just to make themselves look like whiny bitches like nigga we dont care

Why do you even quote to my post if you don't care my boy? Just shut the fuck up and try not to get offended by every single opinion that you don't agree with.

i can easily quote your post while simultaneously not giving a fuck, its not hard at all and i only even responded to your shitty take because you commenting that was absolutely retarded, like why the hell would a person with more than 1 brain cell possibly continue watching or doing something if they find it bad, boring or progressively deteriorating?? literally no one on this website needed to know what you typed, "oh my word I must let everyone know that i find the show boring and that it gets more and more boring" without giving any sort of valid reason on why that stupid ass sentence was typed.
Sep 9, 2022 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
Kymazaki said:
Spicelit said:
Spicelit said:

bro what??? why would you possibly assume that im mad at your opinion?? you literally said that my previous statements didnt prove your opinion wrong so i was simply giving more factual information about the characters and their relationships, like hello?? i wasnt typing in all caps or cussing all through my sentences or anything of the sorts so you need to stop assuming so much.
ok sorry, I thought you were mad because you were using double question marks, stupid I know. Let’s just acknowledge that we view the show differently and move on with our day.

Sep 9, 2022 7:21 AM
Jun 2022
Spicelit said:
Kymazaki said:

ok sorry, I thought you were mad because you were using double question marks, stupid I know. Let’s just acknowledge that we view the show differently and move on with our day.

yeah thats my bad too cuz i normally just put more than one question mark when im just like really confused but i guess it can come off as me being aggressive
Sep 10, 2022 8:16 PM
May 2020
It was great! i'm rooting for shinpei
Sep 10, 2022 11:46 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, I haven't felt this excited watching an anime in a long time. This anime keeps exceeding my expectations. Beautiful animation, great fight scenes as well as great soundtracks.

The underwater chase scene was very fluid and tense leading up to Ushio’s revival which was an amazing reunion scene!!!

I knew she will be back but didn't know how. I
was so happy to see her back <3
I am sleepy
Sep 11, 2022 11:17 AM

Feb 2018
Love the way they did that reunion at the end there.
Sep 13, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
Mio "lost"! Wow, who would've thought? Lol.

Anyway, knew that Ushio would come back, but how the moment was done still got me excited af.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 15, 2022 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
She's back hnnnnnnnnnngg

Sep 17, 2022 9:26 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
straight up dropping the bomb "you're my lil sis" with a blank face.... I felt like that was tactless of him. and worse than being friend zoned, sister zoned 💀💀.

just let tokiko have her

Sep 17, 2022 10:44 PM
Mar 2021
"Its about not how long you lived. But how well you lived". Hizuru.
Sep 17, 2022 11:36 PM

Jul 2021
What a banger of an episode. Absolutely loved it.

Shinpie and Ryousuke have merged and apparently Shipie's presence can be hidden when Ryousuke's is in charge, which is great.

And finally the truth about that sea shell is revealed.

Two hearts were broken that night. Mio at least had someone to go and cry to, what about Sou :(

What the mom doin?

I did not really understand the explanation behind how 2 Ushio's exist but it doesn't matter, what matters is Ushio coming back. There was obviously no way for them to win without Ushio with them so it was just a matter of time for Ushio to come back, glad she's back.

But Ushio just waking up to find a giant baby coming after her lmao, must have scared the bejusu outta her.

The whole sequence following Shinpie finding Ushio was so cool. Shide chasing them, shell reacting to Ushio, Ushio regaining her memories and then slashing all the shadows, it was so great, had a huge smile on my face during that whole part and a lil bit of tears too.

Ushio's back in the game so the chances of them winnng look high now. Just 4 more episodes left, can't wait to see how this concludes.

6/5.
TsutanaiFuunSep 17, 2022 11:44 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 18, 2022 5:10 PM
Apr 2020
ushioooooooo volvio!!! y f por mio xd ce viene fuerte los siguientes caps 👌
Sep 19, 2022 12:33 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! Ushio is back!
so her 2nd presence was the one where she fell deep in the ocean but i forgot what previous ep that was! but it was nice that she's back in her full glory!
5/5.

Sep 19, 2022 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
AAAHHH WASN'T EXPECTING A COMEBACK TWIST BUT I'M SO HYPED FOR USHIO !! best girl keep winning, love that girlboss energy 😎 I'm so happy for them and kudos to Shinpei for realizing and taking the risk to get her back, 5/5 as always!!
Sep 20, 2022 12:20 AM

May 2019
Glad to see Ushio back! And it looks like both Hizuru and her brother are living in Shinpei's mind which explained Shinpei predicting the thunder at the beginning, and possibly being able to hide from Haine (not really sure how that works).

Anyways, I'm more optimistic about the outcome now (but I also feel a little bad for Mio after being rejected, too bad she doesn't like Sou like that, oh one last thought, it was funny how shadow Mio pointed out that both her and shadow Ushio will be gone once Haine is removed so maybe regular Mio will have a chance then).
Sep 30, 2022 11:29 AM

Mar 2010
The case was pretty cool and short lived, But cool that ushio is back but at what cost?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 2, 2022 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
I am truly baffled at people being upset that Mio "lost" the romance "battle". There is no battle when one party has zero chance of winning in the first place. Unrequited love doesn't make a triangle.

Ushio is back and now the final real battle can commence.
Oct 3, 2022 2:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Shinpei absorbed Ryuunosuke's shadow and also has the 2 second future seeing instead of Hizuru who's dead... but yes we forgot that Ushio was still following him since the past loop so there is still the other shadow Ushio that didn't emerge yet, and fortunately Shinpei managed to find her and let her take the memories that were stocked in the shell, we lost Hizuru but got Ushio back, also poor Mio with her confession to Shinpei :(
Oct 3, 2022 8:28 AM
Nov 2019
Loved it a lot! Sad to see it coming to an end though
Oct 4, 2022 5:11 AM
Sep 2021
This anime is too much to handle.. The moment you think what's gonna happen next, it changes to a completely different cliche. Ushio chan is back to action I guess.
Oct 8, 2022 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit Ushio is back by transferring her memories into her other self in a new timeline
Oct 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Jul 2022
I love when I see when someone is rejected xDD
On the other hand, COME ON, LET'S GOOOO, USHI IS BACK
Nov 8, 2022 10:17 AM
Nov 2021
NekOniiChan said:
Very fitting visuals following the events of last week's episode and in no way made to be artistically cliché: the black clothing and umbrella on a rainy day at the beach.

"...now he shoulders the responsibility. At times like this, he always carries the burden on his own."
It is unquestionably clear how much this describes Shinpei's character, as rather befitting of an MC. Not to mention how much was lost during that showdown of late, it seemed all too hopeless, "Do we even stand a chance on our own?" On the other hand, for all who have waited for Ushio's return—which, let's be honest, is about almost everyone—they can be rest assured given how she isn't technically all gone as Haine previously thought. For once, that news put a small smile on shadow Ushio's face, a character described of having no mercy or hesitation and being indifferent to anything happening.

Yes, nothing is more cliché than having the sun come up after a rainy day whenever the MC achieves or realizes something advantageous.
I love how even though Sou tries to fit in with the conserve and seriousness of a given situation, he always turns it into something quirky, especially if it has to deal with Mio. Additionally, Mio had the audacity to confess her love to her "Shin-chan" despite having understanding of the current context; but hey, we gotta break the tension some way.

Final thoughts, it's nice that we're given a brief recap of the past 20 episodes since, as I'm sure many will attest to, watching the plot weekly rather than all at once post-release helps cover some plot holes and misunderstandings from before. Additionally, we should still be expecting something different from Haine & Shide given that, as you may recall last week, the two have vastly different objectives (though that's gonna be hard to acknowledge until probably the last minute), and that a hell of a lot of things will be coming in these remaining 4 episodes. Also, what was that about Mrs. Hishigata about to light up that hallway under the clinic? Guess that's a story for another time.

"She's coming back."

Props to the composers for the OST, especially in the latter half with the urgent and tense tone it gives off.

I still wonder the purpose of the scene that Mrs. Hishigata hold the light at the hallway

I don't get it though I've already watch until the final episode
Nov 13, 2022 6:07 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Mio getting sister-zoned, well at least we got Ushio (shadow) back to fight off those monsters.

Nov 14, 2022 2:47 PM
Jan 2022
yayyyyyyyy ushio is back
Nov 19, 2022 8:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmfao that was truly a longest day for Shinpei; figure out how Ushio actually left him a shell compass, also need to attend your little-sister-in-law confession and ofc also rejected it, hide inside the big baby shadow and surfering deep down in an ocean, while also need to sharing consciousness together with Hizuru twin brother. But its absolutely worth getting a shot to walks pass by since our heroine comes back again!

Can't believe i forgot the basic concept of time traveling concept; the parallel world, that which lead them to found the fact about Ushio third loop shadow there and ready to kick Shide ass hard enough.

Shide alts trick revelation kinda tickling me so hard xd. But well that's makes sense from someone who tried to survive 300 years with switching, reincarnating, swapping, and many more shit experience with shadow. But well, its time to put an end to his scheme, right? Especially since its related to some cute being like Haine. Let's go, Shinpei-kun!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Mar 2020
Actually it's not very new this kind of scenario where there's a time travel concept, but am I the only one to find that it's always the same quagmire of temporal explanation each time for this kind of story ?!! xD
Dec 4, 2022 2:49 AM

Feb 2021
Ushio is coming back with full power this time :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 15, 2022 12:21 AM
Dec 2022
Five stars no doubt
Dec 23, 2022 9:24 PM

Jul 2016
Shinpei... dude. There was no need to pull such a hard "I love Emilia" on Mio like that. Not to mention the nerve you had to also sister-zoned her afterwards smh.

OK episode, I guess. Honestly, it's been a while since I stopped following this show's explanations but I gotta assume it makes sense how they managed to bring Ushio back.

Edit: Nevermind, it actually makes sense. Though it's a shame none of the characters realized there have been 2 Ushio's co-existing since the 4th loop.
Feb 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
Aw!!! Poor Mio! At least she shot her shot. Not the end of the world….oh wait.
Feb 3, 2023 2:58 PM
Nov 2013
How does Haine not know Ushio's location although she scanned Shinpei and got his memories so she knows everything he does?

Shinpei says that Haine and Shide don't know that Ushio is going to be washing up on that same shore she did the first time. So far, every time Shinpei has looped, Haine has looped with him as she has been observing the present as well.

We have also seen that Haine knows where Shinpei is because of the "mark" she left on him - so she can probably just track Shinpei because she knows Ushio shows up before the tribute is complete.
Feb 23, 2023 10:13 AM

Oct 2018
The underwater scene was so nicely put together, 
Feb 26, 2023 8:33 AM

Oct 2017
I thought she was done for good, c'mon
Feb 27, 2023 7:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Ushio´s return, amazing and shiny!!! kekeke
Apr 13, 2023 3:48 AM
Nov 2019
So apparently this show runs on multiverse theory, which should mean the villains succeeded in a bunch of other timelines. 

I'm not really a fan of the love triangle in this show, it feels weird to me that Shinpei loves Ushio but sees Mio as his little sister.  
May 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Sep 2014
so Ushio is back but Hizuru is gone for real? Unfair!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 28, 2023 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
Well at least they got Ushio back, but I guess Gil is gone now as well. Still 4 episodes left though, is this really the last loop? We'll have to see.
Jul 2, 2023 9:42 AM

May 2015
ANd Ushio is back! NICE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 5, 2023 11:15 PM
Nov 2016
Another awesome episode, when things looked hopeless, I can finally start seeing a bit of hope in all the despair, no time to celebrate or be happy yet since you still have the crazy 4 eye guy on top of you, in the middle of nowhere and if Shinpei dies then it's all over, unless he has 1 more loop or something which I doubt at this point but who knows and even if he loops again, the enemy will know what's up and they will be prepared for a counterattack and at this point, the good guys will surely lose, they've been losing all this time because the enemy was counterattacking so another loop will probably screw Shinpei over, he can't die at this point.

The last few episodes are pretty good, especially this one, I really liked this episode and it's one of my favorites for sure, 5/5 episode.
Aug 9, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
At the beginning of the episode I was right there with everybody in how bleak everything seemed. I definitely didnt see Ushios resurrection coming, and what a glorious and emotional resurrection it was! I really liked the cutaways to the romance drama, who likes who stuff. These were just kids trying to enjoy their summer after all.
Feb 13, 10:08 AM
Sep 2021
Very cool cool caht
Mar 11, 7:13 PM

May 2021
Thats a sad rejection rip
Step sister got sibling zoned
Inhales oxygen
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

160 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

489 by Stuntdrath »»
Aug 31, 9:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.