Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 21, 2023 5:02 PM

Aug 2014
I pity Reo XD. He looks so lost 
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 21, 2023 5:19 PM

May 2018
great match! ngl it would've been hilarious if Barou got knocked out
Jan 21, 2023 5:53 PM

Jan 2021
I’m chilling at the airport and I remembered the new blue lock ep is out this was a good ep I killed some time
Jan 21, 2023 6:23 PM

Apr 2022
very well animated episode. gotta feel for naruhaya. barou's curve was so beautiful even tho he missed.

isagi adapting and overcoming
average joe x average joe.
Jan 21, 2023 7:17 PM
Oct 2022
Torrible said:
Barou's shot: 

The animators must have watched Shaolin Soccer.  😆 

Hahaha it was exactly like that! I loved the episode, need more of this brand new Isagi!
Jan 21, 2023 8:01 PM
Jul 2016
Felt so bad for Naruhaya by the end and it's also a good representation that something's just won't happen.
Jan 21, 2023 8:10 PM

Oct 2022
Naruhaya really thought he was the mc and played like one but of course side characters cannot win against the mc.

Reo getting "dumped" by Nagi and becoming an obsessive ex is hilarious to me xd

Also, is it just me or does Naruhaya's older sister look like Bachira
Jan 21, 2023 8:26 PM

Jun 2019
ChromaticElegy said:
Not gonna lie. I thought there was gonna be an ass pull where he picked Naruhaya.
That’s what I would’ve done. Eliminate Barou now while you can.
Jan 21, 2023 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Naruhaya can't aim for shit. And he still had the nerve to call Isagi "mediocre" just moments ago smh.

Entertaining episode. I couldn't care less about Naruhaya's last-minute backstory so seeing Isagi crushing him after all the trash-talk was indeed pretty satisfying.

Also Barou losing another match + losing a 1v1 against mediocre Isagi and still calling himself "King". LOL! What a clown.
Jan 21, 2023 8:56 PM

Jul 2021
the post-credits were hilarious lmao.

of course nagi and isagi won but feels bad for naruhaya. man wouldn't feel like going home and facing his family.

it felt like plot armour worked hard in this episode. otherwise it would have been game over.

still nice tho.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 21, 2023 9:18 PM

Aug 2017
I feel bad for Naruhaya.

Both his parents passed away. Leaving just him and his sister to take care of their siblings.
Naruhaya aspires to become a pro soccer player and make a lot of money to support his family.

Unfortunately, his dream got crushed by Isagi and Nagi. Ending his soccer career entirely.
Man that sucks. But it is what it is.

Isagi now has Barou as his team mate who is an insane monster.

Jan 21, 2023 9:31 PM

Feb 2022
majestic chapter today

I don't really feel like writing but I must say that today's chapter was beautiful, full of exciting things as always
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Jan 21, 2023 10:36 PM
May 2017
Oh man, this is definitely one of the best episodes yet. Seeing Isagi go up against Naruhaya with their dream on the line was magnificent. I knew team isagi had to win this but I'm surprised at how hard Naruhaya pushed Isagi to surpass his limits. I feel bad for Naruhaya, he got the idea of stealing weapons first, but sadly his potential didn't allow for that. It's heart breaking but he should be proud of himself, he did what he could at the moment. Perhaps if he tried harder to score during the third selection, things would be different. Well nothing can be done with "what could have been" so I'll end those talks. Now it's Isagi, Nagi and now Barou. This sounds like a godly team on paper but I think Barou may be the cause of some avoidable difficulties within the group. Also speaking of Barou, he definitely thought they were about to pick Narahaya over him, he had this kind of scared/suprised expression when Isagi called out to him. He thought he was a goner for a sec lol. Anyways next episode may switch perspective to team Kunigami, idk we'll see. Onto to next ep

Fantastic episode 5/5
Jan 21, 2023 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
So that's where Naruhaya's journey ends in Blue Lock. The game was honestly as close as it could get, especially with Naruhaya's shot against the crossbar. Genius of adaptability is definitely the perfect description for Isagi's development. Was great to see him being able to outmanoeuvre Barou. Choosing Barou over Naruhaya was also inevitable, even if it could cause problems, since Barou wants to do everything on his own. But who knows. Eventually he's also able to change.  

I had a feeling Kunigami and Chigiri would choose Reo as their third. I wonder if they will face against Isagi's team in the next couple of episodes. One thing is for sure. Team Z will slowly but surely crumble up.

Looking forward to next week.

Jan 21, 2023 11:09 PM

Nov 2012
Isagi is the Genius of Adaptability. Here I was thinking he was the Genius of Overthinking and Talking o Yourself.
He should've been the genius of pretending to get knockd out and conveniently falling on the single bed.

Reo just might be in love with Nagi.
Jan 21, 2023 11:15 PM

Apr 2015
Ok episode, didn't really care much for it tbh. A lot of pointless flashbacks. Naruhaya spent the entire last episode taunting Isagi then missed all his shots lol rip. I remember I felt bad for Naruhaya in the manga but somehow didn't feel anything while watching his backstory this episode. Welp Isagi found his new puzzle pieces to add to his game play, good job Isagi. The dialogue in the manga already makes me laugh, but "average joe x average joe" sounds even more hilarious. And of course, Barou joins the team. Kunigami-Chigiri-Reo trio team, let's gooooooo.

Bro that additional time though, give Reo a break lmao. Don't make him more pathetic than he already is. T-T

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jan 21, 2023 11:34 PM
Nov 2022
SeiraJLoyonard said:
where can I watch this now?

I watched it on 9anime, you can also use gogoanime
Jan 22, 2023 12:07 AM
Dec 2022
The animation quality is getting bad, I do hope that it's because they are saving their budget for the next eps
Jan 22, 2023 12:09 AM
Aug 2022
anybody else feel like the animation was off this episode? i can't put my finger on it but something felt different
Jan 22, 2023 12:48 AM
Dec 2022
Adishonaru Taimu meccha kakkoyokattadesu!! >///<
Jan 22, 2023 1:24 AM
Mar 2021
Grecefar said:
Well it was an obvious result is not like we were going to see our mc lose, the fun is his journey to greatness.

I still think the ones who are out can still go pro in soccer.

I think if they r lucky enough they can play for different countries
Jan 22, 2023 3:02 AM
Dec 2020
AAAA im loving BL more and more every damn week. and omg i didnt like nagi at first but im liking him so much more now that he is awaken lol
Jan 22, 2023 3:22 AM

May 2021
It was so cute how they gave us Naruhaya's backstory in the middle while I knew perfectly well that he was about to have those dreams crushed here. Poor guy went up against the protag.

Also, RIP all those toothbrushes suffering Reo's gay melodrama.

Jan 22, 2023 3:25 AM

Sep 2020
mah man Naruhaya...
Jan 22, 2023 4:04 AM

Nov 2019
The author really had to do Naruhaya like that huh, by showing his sad backstory before he gets completely destroyed and his identity stolen💀. Also in, man discovers humans can only see infront of them with their eyes. Also I think he emulated not only Naruhaya but also Ichigo's mid-range, thts pretty hype.
Jan 22, 2023 4:50 AM

May 2016
It is a pity for Naruhaya, but only 1, Wow Isagi if it is broken.
Jan 22, 2023 5:26 AM

Dec 2018
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
why the hell did they choose barou? that selfish prick is no good as he is now. with that backstory i was sure the other guy was going to be a main character but looks like he's kicking rocks back home.
sad.
Jan 22, 2023 5:38 AM

May 2015
I kinda didn't even notice Naruhaya before these last episodes so can't care less about him, everyone has their sad flashbacks, but that's not what would keep you in Blue Lock.

Although, I'm still not convinced about Isagi's greatness.
Jan 22, 2023 5:47 AM
Jul 2013
Este es el Isagi que quiero ver, si señor. 🤙🏼⚽

•El rey Barou se une al equipo. 🤝🏼
Jan 22, 2023 6:13 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, they really had to show Naruhaya's backstory before he dropped out, now I feel bad, and his lil bro investing in crypto ain't helping

The way Isagi passed Barou with Naruhaya's skill and aura was fucking sick though, then he made it his own.

While there are cons right now to having Barou on the team, he's gonna be even more of a monster if he learns to utilize his teammates.

Reo mad sus.
Jan 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Dec 2010
gawed said:
the more this show progresses the more it shows supposedly pro players discovering basic movements and "strategy's".
it's like a basic football tutorial for kids XD.
None of them are pros yet, barely playing for their high school teams from what we know so far. People like Rin are probably playing for some youth team, but they are not discovering anything.

Yandere Reo is the most hilarious Additional Time yet.
Jan 22, 2023 6:55 AM
May 2021
Damn. I feel for Naruhaya man. I know what that's like to have your dream crushed right in front of you. It makes it even worse knowing that no matter what he does after Blue Lock, he'll never be able to reach the highest level. That flashback made that realization even more brutal seeing as his family struggles to make ends meet and his parents are gone. Ep. 15 was my favorite by far but definitely didn't shy from making me a little emotional. 
Jan 22, 2023 7:26 AM

Jul 2007
Wow what a great match! I'm glad it finished with "the king of adaptability" winning 😀😀😀.

The guys fighting for the bed was funny too 😝😝

Also, Reo missing Nagi was such a kyaaa moment, I'm always shipping them so hard!!
Jan 22, 2023 8:33 AM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
We finally get to the conclusion of the 2v2 matchup between Isagi and Naruhaya.

In the last episode, Naruhaya pegged Isagi as being the same as him, just an average joe. But it seems that in the end, Isagi harbors his own kind of genius after all.

It was nice to see some background story on Naruhaya and the struggles he was going through before joining Blue Lock, and how much he wanted to excel and win while there.

In the end, he wasn't able to evolve as he needed to, and he was cut loose and disqualified from the Blue Lock program.

One thing I appreciated was the anime taking the time to give us some of his backstory, even though they promptly cut him loose right after, most likely not to be seen much, if ever again, in the show.

It gives the viewer a more in depth look at what not just Naruhaya is going through, but all the players in Blue Lock are going through. They all have their motivations, reasons they have to win, and reasons they must become the best. No one is there only for the fun of it. They are there for a reason and will do everything in their power to reach the pinnacle of their dreams.

One thing that I keep loving about this show is the it's ability to showcase these intense, spur-of-the-moment scenes that change the entire outcome of the competition.

You really feel the severity and intensity in each of these moments, and it pulls you into the show and the stakes at play in it.

Jan 22, 2023 9:01 AM
Jun 2020
wawawawawawawawawawawa
Jan 22, 2023 10:06 AM

Sep 2020
StateofOhayo said:
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
why the hell did they choose barou? that selfish prick is no good as he is now. with that backstory i was sure the other guy was going to be a main character but looks like he's kicking rocks back home.
sad.
If winning is the most important thing in Blue Lock, they were obliged to take someone with hella talent.
Unfortunately, Naruhaya boy didn't got a 1/10 of Barou's talent
Jan 22, 2023 10:14 AM
Dec 2022
bruh, the additional time got me to laugh, fell kinda bad for naruhaya tho
Jan 22, 2023 10:50 AM

Dec 2018
Sumakow said:
StateofOhayo said:
WHAT THE ACTUAL ****
sad.
If winning is the most important thing in Blue Lock, they were obliged to take someone with hella talent.
Unfortunately, Naruhaya boy didn't got a 1/10 of Barou's talent
I get it, but if you have a loose cannon like that who doesn't play as a team, that's kind of a liability. anyways, can't these guys play in other leagues, minors, or coach? Sure losing might crush their dreams but it's not like their legs get amputated.
Jan 22, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2020
AAAAAAAA Naruhaya should have been chosen instead of Barou , for stratigical reasons, by eliminating Barou, one of the strongest character, and bcs his flashback... so sad

edit : Lol the post-credit end, Reo is the kind of dude that sulk to Nagi because he dreamt that he was cheating with an another player
Tsunamii_Jan 22, 2023 11:17 AM

Jan 22, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2019
It's a shame getting last minute backstory on Naruhaya before getting eliminated especially after finding out that he and his older sister are supporting the family. For a minute I thought he would get picked simply because I think it will be a challenge having Barou work as a teammate (I mean look at the bed scene, Barou still thinks he deserves the separate bed because he's "king").

If Isagi and Nagi can get Barou to work as a team then they should make it far, I figure that will be part of their challenges coming up.
Jan 22, 2023 1:09 PM
Aug 2021
pretty good if I had to say
Jan 22, 2023 1:18 PM
Sep 2016
godly lets goooooo
Jan 22, 2023 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
Isagi once again saved by plot armor. Naruhaya was right in all he said... MC for Bluelock is probably one of the blandest and most unlikeable I've seen in a loooooooong, long while. There are a few with worst personality, but his is the most annoying plus he is kinda useless, if not for having to cough up things last minute to get our main character to the next episode.
Wish they'd have made him either kinder OR a bit better of a player... because as it goes, finding myself either liking all the other characters more or, when they aren't much likable, at least finding them way more entertaining to follow and have stick around.
blimundoruJan 22, 2023 1:56 PM
Jan 22, 2023 2:20 PM
Aug 2022
is good but i dont like the final
Jan 22, 2023 3:18 PM

Nov 2017
Damn good ep! Story and characters carry this hard, and when animation is on point this slaps :D
Jan 22, 2023 4:21 PM
Oct 2020
blimundoru said:
Isagi once again saved by plot armor. Naruhaya was right in all he said... MC for Bluelock is probably one of the blandest and most unlikeable I've seen in a loooooooong, long while. There are a few with worst personality, but his is the most annoying plus he is kinda useless, if not for having to cough up things last minute to get our main character to the next episode.
Wish they'd have made him either kinder OR a bit better of a player... because as it goes, finding myself either liking all the other characters more or, when they aren't much likable, at least finding them way more entertaining to follow and have stick around.

The entire point of this anime is about egoism. The characters are going to do dislikable things to further their goal. You’ve missed the point entirely if you want him to be ”kinder.” If he’s kind he’s not going to win.
Jan 22, 2023 6:05 PM
Mar 2020
I had a feeling that they wanted to keep Barou around so he can have a character development or something like that later on, but idk, that's just a guess.
I can see that Naruhaya could only take the team so far as he's not a 'genious', although he would have been a better asset to the team.
However, it was clear that Barou's individual play wasn't enough to win, so I fail to see the point of choosing him.
The point of Blue Lock is to make everyone an egoist so while my guess is that Barou will have a character development, is there really a point to it?
Jan 22, 2023 6:27 PM

Aug 2020
2.5/5

Decent episode again. Isagi finally does something intresting. GTFO Naruhaya, don't even feel a lil sympathy for this trash but I guess that was the point

Some shots were good but mostly mediocre. The tense situation quickly evaporated like nothing after the winning goal. I didn't need to see that useless Naruhaya backstory just before he bowed out, atleast he didn't cry like a bitch for redemption. Barou looked harrased, very excited whom this team of two "geniuses" and an "average Joe" face next!!
2Birds1StonedJan 23, 2023 5:01 PM
Jan 22, 2023 7:53 PM
Jan 2023
My favorite part was watching Isagi level up in real time and watch him sit there and think at such an intense level. I'm super self-relfective too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

183 by luvasaden »»
Jun 13, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Nov 5, 2022

214 by jackiw1950 »»
Jun 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

345 by Saidhiraj18 »»
Jun 5, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

133 by ooospooky »»
Jun 3, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

165 by ooospooky »»
May 31, 1:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.