Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2013 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I feel sorry for Punpun now..seems like he got totally rejected there.
May 27, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2012
that's fucking depressing
Aug 18, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2010
Bitch slapped XD

Well he did want to rape her <_< Lol'd at "God" "Just Do her" O_o? XD
Aug 18, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
God is just his subconscious. Punpun's way of thinking is so effed up now that he'd even stoop down to the levels of rape. By the rate at which this is progressing, he will eventually become a serial rapist when he grows up. Something needs to be done so he can get back onto the right track.
Aug 25, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 2011
I feel really bad for Punpun. I understand that he doesn't care for mather, who even don't want him as a her child. But at a moment he wasn't himself, it was strange. But then Kanie slap him and he turn to his normal self and rthen he had tears in his eyes, I wanna cry with him. I have tendency to feel sorry for him quite often, maybe also because he has cute pressence of a sweet bird (I had a budgerigar), and when he has tears in those eyes... I feel so bad for him...

Btw. i don't see his way of thinking as really effed up like someone say here, well maybe still thinking about "want to have sex now" a bit irritate and surprise me, well he also has more features that irritate me but I also feel bad for him, because he's life is a bit tough
Kirin4Aug 25, 2014 12:28 PM
Jan 23, 2015 4:09 AM

Jun 2008
rape ? what are you people talking about..? He just misunderstood and thought that both of them wanted to kiss but hesitated. Who does that girl think she is? She was dull from the beginning.
Go home kid, you don't know what Punpun has been through
Mar 27, 2015 3:47 PM

Mar 2015
Too relatable ;(

m4shir0 said:
rape ? what are you people talking about..? He just misunderstood and thought that both of them wanted to kiss but hesitated. Who does that girl think she is? She was dull from the beginning.
Go home kid, you don't know what Punpun has been through

this
May 3, 2015 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
Punpun's inner thoughts and feelings surfacing for the first time.

"And I thought you were smarter than to impose your subjective standards on my circumstances." *shots fired*

"Please go out with me?"(Talk about horrendous timing.)

Attempted rape or Punpun misunderstood the situation?

This chapter was so full of wins,favorite chapter yet.
Jul 13, 2015 8:57 PM

Oct 2013
lol God always gives good advice.
Jul 22, 2015 1:34 AM

Jan 2013
That went badly, but understandably so.
Jul 26, 2015 7:51 PM
Nov 2014
Get a fucking grip Punpun....
Aug 9, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2008
Oooooh, daaaaaamn!

I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 29, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
Oh yeah, Kanie totally had to kiss him even if she didn't want to. That's not like, rape or anything right guys
Feb 28, 2016 3:54 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Most intense chapter yet, as it's nice seeing Punpun fall that deep. Kanie dissed him real bad.

5/5
Jun 27, 2016 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
I can't say I feel bad for Punpun, he acted really dumb in this situation.
Oct 24, 2016 11:33 PM

Apr 2013
Because Punpun being raped definitely didn't impact his mentality at all.

Punpun is in the exact same situation as when Midori raped him, except that he's in Midori's position.
Jan 5, 2017 10:22 AM
May 2012
Touka said:
Oooooh, daaaaaamn!

toooooo savage.
seriously though, he fucked up.
Mar 31, 2017 11:29 PM

May 2016
You guys are too quick to say "rape!". Midori didn't rape Punpun, nor did Punpun attempt to rape Kanie.

Punpun is still a boring, selfish asshole though. Being Kanie a boring, judgmental asshole who thinks everyone should value the things she does, they truly are a match made in heaven.
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Jul 6, 2017 11:52 AM
Apr 2016
This manga is so broken... I like it
Jul 16, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2010
reality slap lmao
Dec 11, 2018 4:57 AM

Jan 2018
Poor Punpun i mean what did he do to deserve this kind of treatment.
Jul 4, 2019 10:07 PM

Apr 2017
Punpun thinks carelessly, he just wants to have sex with every girls he met. Kanie was right, he should care about his mother getting surgery in the hospital. Well, reality can slap you every time you do something wrong. Poor Punpun, he attempted to rape the girl but he did not succeed. Punpun must have been lonely. He only cares about himself, he is selfish. Indeed!
Oct 11, 2019 4:09 PM

May 2016
She didn't know anything about his family situation and reacted to Punpun's apathy towards his mother when she was having a life-or-death operation like how any other normal person would react but he didn't even try to explain why he felt that way towards her. Fuck, that was so relatable that I feel horrible about myself. Even worse is that he forced himself on her thinking that she'll go with the flow, closing off any more chances he'd have of ending up together.

At least Mama's alive.

Jan 26, 2020 6:56 PM
May 2017
Lease_of_Life said:
You guys are too quick to say "rape!". Midori didn't rape Punpun, nor did Punpun attempt to rape Kanie.

Punpun is still a boring, selfish asshole though. Being Kanie a boring, judgmental asshole who thinks everyone should value the things she does, they truly are a match made in heaven.

Ah 27 year old woman, mounted a 15 year old boy without consent. Even if he didn't say anything, you can look in any sex education presentation, that not saying "no" doesn't mean its ok when they're clearly uncomfortable. Moreover, the fact that punpun being a minor under law IS CALLED STATUTORY RAPE!
Jun 1, 2020 11:36 PM

Jul 2019
horny fuck i dont feel sorry at all for him jesus
DaBoi
Jun 2, 2020 11:13 PM
Jun 2017
Geez Punpun is so dead inside he's just blindly following his sexual desires without really caring about the consequences. Honestly if Punpun just didn't bring up his mom and tried to go on a second dat he might've been successful. But yet another Mistake by punpun
Aug 24, 2020 12:02 PM
Sep 2019
I don't feel really sorry for Punpun but the love of.... Someone shoot that girl in the head 72 times... She's so judgemental and boring I nearly vormitted seeing her criticise Punpun
Aug 30, 2020 11:16 PM

Jan 2016
I agree with Punpun's statement, "And I thought you were smarter than to impose your subjective standards on my circumstances." Other than being sexually forceful with Kanie, nothing he said or did was morally wrong imo.

Both Kanie and Punpun tried to be decent people, but she had natural compassion and fire that he lacked. Punpun's unfeeling and calculated efforts only disgusted Kanie, because she wanted someone like herself-- pure, vigorous, and considerate in heart, not only deed.

It was impossible for the lonely, hurt, and dull Punpun to be so ideal. Their differences of character could stem from their respective family lives. Punpun's was cold and disfunctional, while Kanie came from a warmer environment. Punpun had hardly been given proper love, so it was unreasonable to expect his heart to be full of it.

In the end though, he failed to get into her pants because he failed to comprehend her wildly different perspective. The thoughts that were normal to him were troubling to her. Night and day.

If it were me on that date, I'd've known better than to expose myself. Although I often genuinely care about others, my mind is also casually filled with dark humor and manipulative, selfish thoughts that I know would disturb many people.

If I were Punpun, I'd have either found a girl in my league, or told Kanie the sweet things she wanted to hear, gotten her to a hotel after another few dates, then started planning to end the relationship with minimal hurt feelings. It's sustainable to go for a little while pretending to be someone you're not, but not for years. Eventually, your ugliness will be exposed, so quit while you're ahead.
sobanoodleAug 30, 2020 11:21 PM
You are now breathing manually.
Sep 3, 2020 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
lmfao after all dat simping goodguy punpun got blueballed the hard way. we've another joker candidate in the making lel.
Oct 8, 2020 7:00 AM

May 2020
Punpun what de heck why did you want kiss her so frankly. You can't grow up with that kind of act. In the end Punpun's just lonely and horny at the same time.
Feb 12, 2021 8:36 PM

Mar 2020
oh brother now we gonna see this dweeb for the next 10 chapters whine & blame himself for every bad thing that ever happened in the history of mankind and how all humans suck including him & then we getting another 2 years time skip where he goes to college and fall in love with another girl and ends fuckin it up again

how many times we gonna see the same movie jesus
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 12, 2021 6:28 AM

Aug 2018
Damn Punpun is really getting more and more rejected, he just seems to be in this endless rejection circle
Nov 27, 2021 8:18 AM

Jan 2021
Punpun got slapped back to reality!
Dec 31, 2021 5:40 PM

Jun 2020
perhaps a red flag but punpun is so relatable , minus the feelings of sexual confusion. of course he wouldnt care for his verbally abusive, selfish mother’s health. she has never given him anything of value, whether it be love or a kind word. punpun is so confused, ignorantly so, his norms are different than the conventional and he is only trying to survive. poor kid
Jan 15, 2022 11:52 PM

Feb 2021
this is getting harder to read even for me. i normally like negativity but this is just straight up only pessimism
Apr 20, 2022 11:44 PM
Apr 2022
I honestly don't think that what he said to her about thinking so subjectively is wrong, cause she did judge him without knowing.

him not visiting his mom had to have a reason behind it, and she just forced her principles on him, telling him it was not ok to be with her instead of his mom,but,that doesn't change the way Punpun at this point is just letting himself get leaded by his sexual impulses, which are not healthy, probably because of the rape he had to go through, which just messed up his sexual life and knowledge in a pretty bad way.

I feel bad for him and disgusted at the same time, but mainly because I'm able to see his inner thoughts,if not,I would just feel disgusted, reading his inner thoughts and what goes through his head while doing the shit he does really changes the perspective and the way you see him.
Sep 21, 2022 8:07 PM
Mar 2020
sobanoodle said:
I agree with Punpun's statement, "And I thought you were smarter than to impose your subjective standards on my circumstances." Other than being sexually forceful with Kanie, nothing he said or did was morally wrong imo.

Both Kanie and Punpun tried to be decent people, but she had natural compassion and fire that he lacked. Punpun's unfeeling and calculated efforts only disgusted Kanie, because she wanted someone like herself-- pure, vigorous, and considerate in heart, not only deed.

It was impossible for the lonely, hurt, and dull Punpun to be so ideal. Their differences of character could stem from their respective family lives. Punpun's was cold and disfunctional, while Kanie came from a warmer environment. Punpun had hardly been given proper love, so it was unreasonable to expect his heart to be full of it.

I completely agree with everything you said.
Punpun is too damaged and Kanie has absolutely no idea who she is talking to, let alone understand someone like him (who doesn't even understand himself in the first place).

Bubbleguppies_02 said:
Punpun at this point is just letting himself get leaded by his sexual impulses, which are not healthy, probably because of the rape he had to go through, which just messed up his sexual life and knowledge in a pretty bad way.

Thanks for bringing that up, it is very important fact that many people seem to have forgotten or chosen to ignore. His actions are heavily influenced by his traumas.

I feel really sorry for both of them.
Dec 16, 2022 12:06 AM

Mar 2021
Pain :((((((

He was in the right about his mom, but Kanie had no way of knowing that unfortunately.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Dec 28, 2022 7:41 PM
Oct 2022
Punpun made the classic mistake of listening to his ID/Shadow. Rarely does anything good come from unconscious impulses; hopefully, he carries this lesson over into the future.
Jan 5, 2023 4:59 PM
Oct 2019
altas confusões nessa família da pesada
Apr 10, 2023 4:49 PM
Nov 2016
I know Punpun is like an allegory of puberty/youth, but it's getting frustrating how all of his actions are based on his instincts, in a over the top way, he has zero personality as a character. I'd rather read a Yuichi spin-off.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 24 Discussion

Danish - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Kermo1710 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 147 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ale1212 - Nov 3, 2013

326 by Bruh69XD »»
Jun 6, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

21 by MasagoYaki »»
Jun 4, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2013

30 by Meriurin »»
May 31, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 6 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jul 30, 2014

24 by Meriurin »»
May 31, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.