Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, Shikimori really considered about what to wear for her moving date.

The movie they picked was a horror? Lol, it made the moments more sweet since they held hands together like a couple should. Shikimori looked great this episode imo with her red clothes and ponytail. Shikimori and Izumi is still one of the most charming character pairs this season.
Apr 23, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2021
Honestly, I don't recall Shikimori's mom or brother appearing this early? But whateves they can go rush with the source material all they want and going to say both the anime and manga are entirely separable mediums, the anime is almost in a different context at this point and now that people are going to drop this series since they have made it to the 3 episode rule, I myself am going to appreciate Shikimori's braid ponytail!!!
Apr 23, 2022 10:41 AM

May 2020
Just think how embarrassing it must've been when you're out on a date with your girl, never mind showing any cool side or anything along those lines, and then getting red every other minute, screaming your lungs out on the sight of a horror scene and going as far as dropping your own wallet, losing the only chance to flex in front of her. Moreover your parents offering a dinner out of pity just because they spotted you in that hopeless situation, damn....

God truly is unfair to this dude.
Apr 23, 2022 10:45 AM
Mar 2021
Such a disappointing series. 3 episodes in and it feels like we've watched a cheap remake of Tonikaku but 100x more boring, I guess Waifu bait can only get you so far.
Apr 23, 2022 10:56 AM

Nov 2021
It was a wholesome episode.....Izumi's dad was also funny lol
I felt that the movie they watched was based on the film 'It'
Apr 23, 2022 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
Shikimori-san was very cute when she was wearing her glasses.

btw, the train station from this episode is Hino Station. So, they must live in the area of Hino city in Western Tokyo(Tama Area). The same area as Machikado Mazoku. The cinema that they went to on a date is located in Tachikawa.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 23, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
The movie part went as i expected.Also seeing Izumi's luggage i laughed...

Shikimori and Yuu's parents bonding was pretty nice to see...Also his mother and Shikimori relationship is pretty heartwarming and cute.And also it was pretty funny looking at his father and Shikimori playing boxing videogame together.
Arjuna777Apr 23, 2022 11:05 AM

Apr 23, 2022 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
I think this was better than last week, for me Shikimori didn't come over as such a perfect character this time which makes her a bit more interesting.
We also got some more background on the main.
the mains parents seems like a interesting couple so it would be nice if they keep appearing.
Apr 23, 2022 11:37 AM

Jun 2021
The adaptation is all haywire, they're rushing the entire source material ig...but still good to go ig,since some ppl who were complaining live really exciting lives themselves and were having trouble with slow pacing.
Apr 23, 2022 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Inuzuka's free movie tickets given to Izumi, this explicitly calls for a date to the movies with Shikimori. "No more bad luck, prep for the worse!" with Izumi, while Shikimori's getting the right clothes for the occasion.

And indeed, Shikimori looks cutesy and fantastic with her clothes. But it's selecting the movie that she wants to see, and Izumi ups his boyfriend game...just to get all scared by watching a horror movie. Izumi's "Jason Voorhees" splatter experience wasn't enough to spare him, but Shikimori's presence did.

Izumi's parents are pretty forgiving for his "same old story" of bad luck, given it's an inheritance that runs in the family. And yeah, it's great to see some family bonding time between Shikimori and Izumi's parents for a start, to understand the boyfriend's side of things and affirm it. LELS Shikimori and Izumi's dad sparring over the Wii Sports knock-off boxing lols.

But above all, for Izumi's unlucky streak, his lucky moment can only be attributed to Shikimori being the perfect girlfriend for him. Wholesome relationship.
Apr 23, 2022 11:50 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Shikimori's so cute when she wants to be taken out. Being prepared is always a good thing though i do question the need to tie a strong to your wallet when keeping it in your pocket where you feel it would have been sufficient. On the other side Shikimori sure tried hard to come up with ideas of her own as well. In the end looks like Shikimori decided to go for something simple but classy. Still its nice to see Izumi show some assertion for a change. Despite the horror mishap at least things went as planned. Its amusing seeing how nervous Shikimori is when visiting Izumi's family. But the convo she had with Izumi's mom showed well the depth of her feelings for him. In the end despite some mishaps the date turned out pretty well with the added bonus of Shikimori being able to bond with the family as well. Overall really liked this ep as it served to expand upon both Izumi and Shikimori while featuring romantic situations thats pretty relatable. Its a nice change seeing Izumi be the one thats taking action instead of the other way around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2021
Pretty average episode. Some good, some not so good. The episode was fine just like the first 2 were. Hopefully it gets better soon.
Apr 23, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2017
Ahh I also hate horror movies but my ex that I was with for nearly 6 years was a big fan. Definitely bringing back some warm memories with this one.
Apr 23, 2022 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
This one was my favorite episode so far.

Honestly, Shikimori looked great in all of the clothes she tried on, they all work for her.

The scene with Shikimori and Yuu’s parents at the end was surprisingly emotional. It was nice to hear Shikimori talk about why she likes Yuu, sweet of her. Being more unlucky than anyone makes Yuu kinder and more empathetic than anyone else.

The scene where Yuu’s Mom was able to see him off with a smile was so nice.

Every episode Shikimori wins me over more and more.
Apr 23, 2022 11:59 AM
Jul 2021
This episode was significantly better than the first two episodes, I was a little bit surprised tbh
Apr 23, 2022 12:00 PM

Mar 2021
episode was wholesome as always. That chainsaw dude and the clown dude are definitely the rip off of Texas Chainsaw and It.

This is seriously not a complaint
I just felt this weird. Why does Izumi's parents talk like npc bots?
Apr 23, 2022 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
Now I know why Shikimori has such a cool personality when her brother appear, he's such a hot guy and I'm pretty sure he's as protective as his sister, where can I sign up to be his boyfriend?
Apr 23, 2022 12:06 PM
Mar 2022
Sono kawaī, kawaī, kawaī, hijō ni chōkawaī

"This anime is not the best, but it's not boring either, because everything is so cute, cute, cute, I think you get the idea… (kawaī)
Apr 23, 2022 12:07 PM

Mar 2010
Best episode for me. Enjoyed the date and moment with the mom.
Apr 23, 2022 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
_cybersadist_ said:
The adaptation is all haywire, they're rushing the entire source material ig...but still good to go ig,since some ppl who were complaining live really exciting lives themselves and were having trouble with slow pacing.
They went back to adapt early chapters that were skipped over, that feels like the opposite of rushing, what am I missing?
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 23, 2022 12:17 PM
Dec 2017
watch them go for 12 episodes without a kiss or a hug. typical romance anime
Apr 23, 2022 12:22 PM

Nov 2016
Definitely a step up from the pile of nothing that was the last episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2022 12:23 PM

Feb 2007
They're basically already married by this point. ^_^
Apr 23, 2022 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
V1P3R0P said:
episode was wholesome as always. That chainsaw dude and the clown dude are definitely the rip off of Texas Chainsaw and It.

You say that like everyone doesn't come across like NPC's in the anime, it all feels unnatural to me, the manga isn't translating well.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 23, 2022 12:28 PM

Mar 2021
LostSpectre said:
V1P3R0P said:

You say that like everyone doesn't come across like NPC's in the anime, it all feels unnatural to me.

The other Va felt a bit natural to me. I didnt find that weird. But these were exceptions. Atleast in today's episode.
Apr 23, 2022 12:30 PM

Feb 2019
Tfw no Shikimori to protect me, smh. Really cute episode. Seeing shikimori bond with izumi’s mom was nice. I still dislike how much of a loser the mc is but I guess the concept couldn’t work without it
Apr 23, 2022 12:31 PM

Jan 2013
V1P3R0P said:
LostSpectre said:
You say that like everyone doesn't come across like NPC's in the anime, it all feels unnatural to me.

The other Va felt a bit natural to me. I didnt find that weird. But these were exceptions. Atleast in today's episode.
Oh, I wasn't really talking about the VA's. Yeah, they're both just really laid back characters in general.
Apr 23, 2022 12:36 PM

Mar 2018
Shikimori just has the best fits.

Great familial relationship, it's the best feeling to see one's significant other get along with your parents.
Apr 23, 2022 12:46 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Komi-san's brother made me gay, but Shikimori's brother makes me gayer

Also call me a monster, but 10/10 anime if Izumi gets hit by truck-kun and dies

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 23, 2022 12:51 PM

Feb 2007
BetaMaleUltra said:

Don't we have enough isekai already?
Apr 23, 2022 12:59 PM
Aug 2021
It was a great episode today
Apr 23, 2022 12:59 PM
Aug 2021
I was ready to drop but this episode was good and gives me hope for good things to come so I'll watch at least a few more.
Apr 23, 2022 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Izumi’s Mom (Young Ver.) > Izumi’s Mom (Current Ver.) > Shikimori

After this episode, yup Shikimori definitely isn’t just a cutie.
Apr 23, 2022 1:07 PM

Jan 2012
Man, this series is just so wholesome and feel good. I feel like I never want it to end! I will say though that the most jarring thing so far has to be Izumi's dad. I would have sworn until this episode that his single mom was living with her father, Izumi's grandfather, just going off the character designs. Seriously, she looks maybe 45(honestly not even tho) while he looks at least 60 purely from a character model perspective. Clearly that's not the case but it is rather...jarring, as I said. Anywho, another fantastic episode.

Also, I love how the friend who gave him the movie tickets is basically Bakugo from My Hero Academia(design wise they look very similar) if he were actually a good person instead of a total asshole. XD
Apr 23, 2022 1:26 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Shikimori and Izumi went to a movie together and Shikimori really tried hard to dress for it xD.
Izumi also lost his wallet...again...
it was nice to see the interactions between Shikimori and Izumi's mother and father.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 23, 2022 1:29 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode! I love shikimori so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Apr 23, 2022 1:37 PM

Jun 2019
I love that they used Chapters out of the 1st Manga Volume which was kinda just some random stories, adds more to the story building in the way they're using the chapters.
Apr 23, 2022 2:08 PM
Feb 2014
CQLLIST said:
Honestly, I don't recall Shikimori's mom or brother appearing this early? But whateves they can go rush with the source material all they want and going to say both the anime and manga are entirely separable mediums, the anime is almost in a different context at this point and now that people are going to drop this series since they have made it to the 3 episode rule, I myself am going to appreciate Shikimori's braid ponytail!!!

What make you think ppl are going to drop this. This anime is amazing. Top 5 this season
Apr 23, 2022 2:13 PM

Jun 2021
I only wish a girlfriend like Shikimori, SHE IS PERFECTION OMG

Very good episode, the parents of Izumi are so cute :)
Apr 23, 2022 2:29 PM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows Shikimori wanting to go to the movies with Izumi when he sees he got the tickets and so he invites her while he's worried about not causing any inconvenience for Shikimori she is worried about her clothes but at the end of the episode she goes to her boyfriend's house
Apr 23, 2022 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
It's cute how Shikimori is already calling her boyfriend's parents mother and father. It's starting to feel like she's already married to Izumi.

More moments with all of 'em, please!~
Apr 23, 2022 2:36 PM

Apr 2020
You know what, I get the hate, but jeez it's too much disrespect for this series, it's only just a misfortunate dude with a waifu that is great in her own way, that's it.

But that's not just the case since they went to a date this episode. I laugh at how Izumi is alright with a splatter horror but is so p*ssy on watching a flick (also IT's an obvious reference). Then we get to the part where most relationships is inevitably going to experience, visiting your partner's house arc. Motoko the mom is having fun with her daughter-in-law so far as fawning to her. But ngl Shikimori really is dedicated to her son, I wonder if we're getting that flashback soon, I mean they need to show it damn it.

Alright episode with a lot of cutesy stuffy and some misfortunes that adds up to Izumi's counter, I am telling you that video of his misfortunes will soon show up in YouTube.
Apr 23, 2022 2:46 PM

Apr 2018
Shikimori's the goat of girlfriends. I really disgust all the fucking noises Izumi makes, it makes me mad. Reading the manga is much better, I definitly liked him but I now, I just dislike him. A bit too overdramatic but the rest is great.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 23, 2022 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
I appreciate the significant other having a conversation with partners parents, don't recall that happening in these shows at all. That said this show is starting to wear on me, same thing over and over wish there was something of substance here. A cute looking waifu is not enough to make this interesting.
Apr 23, 2022 3:20 PM

Nov 2021
luinthoron said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Don't we have enough isekai already?

No we don't!

We still need at least 10 new Isekai’s every year :D
Apr 23, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2021
gswelcome said:
I appreciate the significant other having a conversation with partners parents, don't recall that happening in these shows at all. That said this show is starting to wear on me, same thing over and over wish there was something of substance here. A cute looking waifu is not enough to make this interesting.

I don't think it's gonna change much mate
I might drop it tbh on episode 5 or 6
Apr 23, 2022 3:56 PM

Jan 2022
I thought it was nice that we actually got a look into why Shikimori likes the MC so much. Turns out it's because she thins he's a genuinely nice dude which is sweet. Hope to see more of that side of things as things progress. I thought the movie scene was pretty kawaii as well. Pacing was kind of a drag and the episode was alright over all.
-insert NGE meme here-
Apr 23, 2022 3:57 PM

Mar 2018
this episode focused mainly on izumi, which gave the male lead some much needed character.
I think with this episode, the show started to redeem itself a little bit.

on a side note. When Izumi packed his all-purpose backpack, it reminded me of the cartoon Milo Murphy's law. Maybe the show took a little inspiration from that, haha... but probbly not.
Apr 23, 2022 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
Pred8r said:
gswelcome said:

I don't think it's gonna change much mate
I might drop it tbh on episode 5 or 6

I'll stick it out a little longer myself, hopefully this show will get a personality beyond blushes.
Apr 23, 2022 5:13 PM

Aug 2020
Shikimori really looks good in the date event. She's so hot when picking her outfit, I love the dresses!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

228 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

174 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

207 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 11, 7:50 PM

» Rating

Philadelphia07 - Sep 5

21 by KayKimii »»
Sep 5, 3:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.