Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 26, 2021 6:15 PM
Mar 2012
fun festival. Najimi's so intense great business sense lel.
Tadano in maid dress is becoming natural for him. Sad they cutoff most karaokes.
Seen enough school sol most this quite generic, but helped by some good comedy, a few beautiful scenes with character moments.
Dec 27, 2021 3:36 AM
Jan 2021
I cannot say much about that show but, it was really amazing for me. I hope it continues for the second season. 9/10 definitely.
Dec 27, 2021 8:39 PM
May 2021
Oongbuh said:
Slimsith said:
I'm sick of dumb-assed anime like this.

Fuck season 2, I'm not wasting my time with it like I did with this.

Maybe I watched it out of desperation.

Regardless, if Komi can't communicate, maybe Komi can do Hentai.

LOL!

Aaaaaand I'm waiting to find out who's gonna miss you.

Jeez.
You make it sound like some one should care.
Well, I don't.
Dec 29, 2021 7:32 AM
Jun 2021
i loved the part where they order different drinks, but end up getting cola
Dec 30, 2021 7:16 AM

Apr 2018
The second part of the festival is just as good as the first part. Cat Komi who sounded like a pig in the haunted house got me rolling for real. Her hair tied up with glasses is pretty cute but I prefer the normal style. Well, the confessions at the roof top were pretty fun to hear. Yamai got destroyed up there and Komi-san promoted her cafe pretty well. The dance part was alright I guess. It was nice to see her dance but it did feel awkward as hell for both of them. The Karaoke part was the best part of the episode. I loved it when everyone was ignoring Tadano and Komi-san was the only one who actually listened to him. That's what you call a good friend. The ending was satisfying for sure.

The animation was top notch for most of the part and the overall soundtrack was beautiful but I felt that they overused the main one. The characters are pretty likeable except the sidecharacters but most of them had some uniqueness to them. The OP and ED were honestly one of the best from this season.

8/10. Can't wait for the second season (haven't read it yet).

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 30, 2021 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
DKDiabloLicht said:
Wow Najimi pissed me off 😡. What a disappointment, Najimi is usually so accommodating for those two but they FINALLY get a chance to have a legit moment together and you gotta fuck it up by jumping in which let all the other clowns get involved too. I know nothing real is going to happen for a LONG time at this damn pace but at least let them have a damn dance. At least let them have 2 minutes without the goon squad.

Also Tadano for someone who doesn't want to stand out and just in general has GIGANTIC balls. There is no way on hell I would dress like a woman in high school with stockings and everything. Especially in an age where people have cell phones and cameras everywhere 😩

That's why I opened a thread on how annoying Najimi can get.

Everytime, he/she bugs into Tadano and Komi, the entire squad starts to come and ruin everything. At least, Onemine read the room and decided to give them their space.

Everytime Najimi gives attention to them when they are alone, Yamai decides to join and everything goes to shit. Onemine should just tie both Najimi and Yamai in a closet or somewhere for few moments so that Tadano and Komi could have their peace.

Dec 30, 2021 4:23 PM

May 2015
Oh my god that ending! Thats such a good way of announcing a season 2.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 30, 2021 6:26 PM

Mar 2021
Clearly one of the best anime from this season !

People dont liking it, I guess they didnt understand ~

Loved everything, its simple but cool, funny and cute, funny characters and reactions, especially towards Komi the goddess xD

Im personally concern with the story, being shy since I was young, talking to no one, even the teachers, own family etc, I can relate to Komi even I dont have exactly her symptom, just super shy, but I grew up, just like her, ending talking with people and having friends <3
Dec 31, 2021 7:28 AM
Aug 2019
Nice final episode especially the karaoke section. The characters really felt like (dumb) teenagers + the opening song being played though why skip most of the characters singing?

While I liked it, the show never reached the highs of the first episode and the use of one note characters meant that my initial impressions about them remained the same. The ones I liked (Tadano, Najima, Older Sister, that one girl that likes competing with Komi) I liked through out and the I hated (Yamai, dog girl, Komi appreciation Squad™) I still dislike . Really never like the constant fawning of Komi and (over) use of manga panels/speech bubbles. The show worked a lot better when it was trying to be comedic and with a few exceptions, fell flat when it comes to drama

Will definitely check out season 2 which is coming out in 4 months?? Hopefully the characters will be fleshed out more or at least be funny in their one recurring trait.
AbrahamOmosunDec 31, 2021 7:39 AM
Dec 31, 2021 3:27 PM
Dec 2019
It was a great way to end this season with karaoke. Tadano was pretty good compared to some of them it's kind of mean of them to ignore his singing but at least the people that actually matter to him payed attention. I loved seeing this anime and I'm looking forward to watching the second season.
Dec 31, 2021 3:27 PM
Dec 2019
It was a great way to end this season with karaoke. Tadano was pretty good compared to some of them it's kind of mean of them to ignore his singing but at least the people that actually matter to him payed attention. I loved seeing this anime and I'm looking forward to watching the second season.
Jan 1, 2022 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
usually dont like episodical stuff too much but this was pretty cool
Jan 1, 2022 6:26 AM

Nov 2014
An anime like this is usually within my wheelhouse and I end up loving a lot, but I never felt like the characters went together very well for this show. I'm certainly underwhelmed.

It wasn't bad either, it was just kinda inoffensive. It wasn't particularly funny/lighthearted or try to push the boundaries with Komi's social problems. It probably also has one of the least interesting supporting casts.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 1, 2022 2:18 PM

May 2016
Started very promising and went downhill bad.
still enjoyed a lot the elements of the series
Especially Komi reactions.

7/10
Jan 3, 2022 11:58 AM

Apr 2015
Not quite as amazing as EP1 promised, but was a consistently above average show with lots of fun gimmicks and situations, never really heavy handed or dull and satisfying throughout. 7/10 probably
Jan 5, 2022 8:22 PM

Jun 2017
So where is episode 12? Netflix dropped the ball, and ended the series on episode 11.
Jan 6, 2022 1:16 AM
Jun 2021
ZER0PT said:
I can see why people liked this but for me the "girl is cute must protect" plot and everyone treating her like a goddess got old really fast. 6/10.
I too have the same complain. Using the same formula again and again just gets boring. It was great till ep 4 then the repetitive shit happened with trash supporting characters.
Jan 6, 2022 4:14 AM

Dec 2018
Kaede inside the trash can lol <3
Jan 6, 2022 5:46 AM

Jan 2009
Overall I think a pretty good, wholesome show. I did find the comedy hit or miss and at times a bit too repetitive. But man when the comedy did hit it hit well. Had quite a few laughs throughout the show and a smile on my face during the cheesy stuff. A solid 7/10 and I am very much looking forward to season 2.
Jan 6, 2022 6:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ZER0PT said:
I can see why people liked this but for me the "girl is cute must protect" plot and everyone treating her like a goddess got old really fast. 6/10.

I feel the same way. The constant worshiping of someone just because she's incredibly attractive got a bit stale for me after a while. I like Komi and think she's a sweet girl, but the constant goddess treatment is over the top.
That said, its a well made adaptation and sweet story I suppose.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 6, 2022 9:34 AM

May 2015
Kaede is best character in this show. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 6, 2022 6:20 PM
Nov 2020
Gotta love that smooth jazz being played during the post-festival dance party at the gym.
Jan 6, 2022 8:49 PM

Aug 2021
Too bad more of the cutest brother I've ever seen didn't show up.
Jan 6, 2022 8:52 PM

Aug 2021
FrozenRaider said:
Kaede is best character in this show. :D
I don't know if it's because of his slowness or his patience towards Komi.
Jan 6, 2022 9:16 PM

Dec 2014
Great fun, great show on the whole. If Komi-san is happy, I'm happy.

Big props to the way this was executed and directed, very compelling. Truth be told the only real criticism I have for the show is that the Netflix subtitles aren't very good, written dialogue gets skipped often and I have to pause and read the Japanese for the full experience but I guess that's not particularly a fault of the show itself. To be honest, I enjoyed reading the Japanese as it helped with my Japanese studies. So I guess it's not really a criticism of the show for me personally either. :P

8/10, looking forward to S2.
Jan 7, 2022 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
oh farg it! Yamai is friggin' obnoxiously crazy!
oh man! they should have made VA Kajiwara Gakuto showcase his true singing abilities! his singing at the Karaoke was just held back!
5/5.

Jan 7, 2022 7:43 AM

May 2018
Good final episode. Lol only Tadano's song was shown (probably due to copyright issues) but he sang really well.

Overall 6/10. The first 2 episodes were by far the best. Since the comedy does not try to be unique or non-repetetitve, and it does not seem as though much character development is going to happen any time soon, the main factor of the show aka the comedic value definitely went down as the episodes progressed. However this is a beautiful adaptation and my high score reflects that UwU
Jan 7, 2022 5:11 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
A quite nifty way to end off the show by incorporating the OP/ED into the karaoke scene.

Overall, I don't think that anime can quite capture the manga's charm. However, OLM probably took the best shot at it.
Jan 7, 2022 10:51 PM

Aug 2021
Lol the confession "Meow" XD....Kaede is lost again lmao
They didn't got the grand prize due to Najimi XD..........yay the dance was and the karaoke were so wholesome :D
Can't wait for the 2nd season!!!
Jan 8, 2022 10:39 AM
Apr 2016
SoraSenpai said:
They did the school festival very well and the karaoke part was perfect.
Tadano embarrassed no one was listening expect Komi...my heart <3

I loved the adaptation easy 10/10

Hyped for April

JustAnotherWeebs said:

I think you need to stop looking at it as a "shtick" then you might not be annoyed lol. It is a legitimate disorder after all. Though the anime isn't very vibrant with the disorder side of it since it's a wholesome anime, I can understand how you've come to feel that way.

That aside, does anyone know what Komi wrote on her notepad at the end of the episode, when she was on her bed?

It was the list of her friends she has made so far.

Aww dude, that'[s so adorable
Jan 8, 2022 4:42 PM
May 2020
much like the manga, s1 was such a ride along. the vibes matched perfectly . loved it
Jan 9, 2022 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
Warning: THIS IS AN OVER EXAGERATION FROM THE PESPECTIVE OF A NON SLICEOFLIFE REGULAR.

The wholesomeness in the bonus scene got me. Komi's incredible character development progress, while also having the least ever MC development in anime history. Coming from a guy went from watching football to Netflix, watching Komi's shy side is so adorable. The Rooftop "Meow" left me in a stunned daze from cuteness overload. Shouldnt police get involved once the set price to touch High School girl thighs was paid by an actual creep?

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Jan 10, 2022 5:51 PM

Aug 2018
And so, the school festival came to an end.
It was very good. I loved the anime.
Well, let's wait for the 2nd season in April.
PS: When they take Najimi away hahaha xD
Jan 12, 2022 10:03 AM

May 2013
Loved the end message and the Omake, overall a wholesome and funny anime, it did nicely his job based on the manga. Shoutout to all the people out there who had or have a problem of communication
Season 2 is coming I'm happy, we'll be able to see Manbagi animated !

Jan 13, 2022 4:53 AM

Sep 2018
This anime is fine. Komi is cute but the side characters are all annoying and simp for her (but I love Najimi, she’s the only one who’s funny here).
If the theme is communication disorder, Watamote is the best in that! It’s more relatable and also more funny.
Jan 14, 2022 11:01 PM

May 2012
This anime was a lot better than first expected when I saw the pilot episode which was released on Netflix.

A pretty fun, cute, and filled with interesting characters that certainly has potential for a second season.

So yes, I quite enjoyed finally watching everything in one go as it had a quite enjoyable slice of life atmosphere.
Jan 16, 2022 8:30 AM

Mar 2017
Saved the best for last… loved this ep! Najimi is definitively one of my favourite anime characters of all time with how cheerful and slightly sadistic he is 😆

Overall this anime soothed my soul with its sweet, wholesome vibe and I’m SO glad we’re getting a season 2!
Jan 17, 2022 3:52 AM

Feb 2019
Kaede is so cute ^^

And wow, didn't expect that first post-credits scene to hit hard. Dedicated to everyone who's ever had difficulty in communicating with others. Quite a sweet and touching final(ish) word for the first season of what was an adaptation beyond expectations! Didn't expect this series to get this good of an adaptation.

Looking forward to season 2 when it comes! Solid 8/10.
Jan 17, 2022 5:45 AM
Jul 2021
overall a good adaptation will give an 8/10 as some fun scenes from the manga were not adapted.
Jan 31, 2022 8:02 AM

Jun 2021
This was... as good as expected. Really good, except for a well identified character. And the season finale didn't disappoint overall, with Najimi as wild as always for the better or worse (messing up maid club cafè win, not caring about taking drinks order at the karaoke, being taken away by monks...) Nice after credits scene. Favorite funniest moment was the random students at the rooftop confessions gathering: "i love you!" "i don't!"

(only in the last weeks i noticed/remembered that Akane Tendo/principal Minami was the narrator all along)
Feb 7, 2022 8:41 PM
May 2019
SwiftCracker said:
Idk where to watch it so no opinion (my illegal website I used hasn’t finished translating)

Watch it on Netflix because the dub is out now 😁
Feb 8, 2022 6:01 PM

Nov 2012
It was a good adaptation, but in some aspects of the transition to anime didn't turn out well. Namely the comedy which was really hit and miss at times, not helped by the need to maintain a 24 min ep structure so some jokes either drag or hit their punchline too early to little effect.

Don't want to sound like a manga purist but I remember liking the beginning portion of the manga way more than the anime's. Maybe it's comedy was just better suited to the semi 4-koma like style the manga has 6.5/10.
Feb 23, 2022 2:23 PM

Feb 2020
I wanted to hear everyone sing, not just Tadano. Why are you doing this to me ? That's cruel.

But that aside, that was an adorable way to end the show ! And overall, this anime has been very wholesome to me. As someone who can heavily relate to Komi (though fortunately I managed to begin growing out of that even if relationships and communication are still very difficult to me), I was glad to, for once, find a show that paints it in a heartwarming way. Sure, not everything is realistic, actually I can even say that it is completely exaggerated and that many situations would never happen in real life, but it made me feel good. And as exaggerated as it could be, it was the first time I could relate this heavily to a socially awkward character so I have a feeling the author knows what it feels like. It's nice to feel understood and not judged.

And other than that, everything was heartwarming and fun ! I was surprised to see that pretty much all the characters were endearing (yes, even Yamai, I know many people don't like her but I thought she was the funniest character after Najimi) and it's always great to become attached to a whole cast of characters. And as I said, it was very fun ! I found myself giggling multiple times (just the voice acting is enough to make me laugh, with a special mention to Rie Murakawa). The one thing that bothered me though, is the behaviour of Komi's classmates. I'm find with those we are familiar with because they turned out being a lot of fun but otherwise, the way poor girl is completely idolized just because of her looks despite how uncomfortable it makes her was pretty hard to watch at times, it felt like she was some doll, that was weird.

In the end, I give it a good 7/10 ! It's not a super deep show with very complex characters but it's a very heartwarming comedy.
Mar 8, 2022 5:12 AM

Oct 2021
The animation is so clean and slick. And they did the best possible job of adapting the manga. I don’t think there’s anything they could’ve done better. The only thing I didn’t like is Yamai and how Komi forgave her easily. But that’s more to do with the manga. I’d give this anime adaptation a 10/10.

My favourite characters outside of the main 3 have got to be Onemine, Nakanaka and Otori. Worst is easily Yamai.

I felt so bad for Tadano at the karaoke. Feels like something that would definitely happen to me. But I try and see it as more of a “everyone is just enjoying his performance while doing other stuff”. It looks like (apart from Komi) Nakanaka and Otori were focusing on Tadano’s singing as well which is nice.
SaltyCookieMar 8, 2022 5:22 AM
Mar 15, 2022 11:35 AM

Jan 2022
Najimi and Onemine are like opposites, Onemine always leaving Komi and Tadano alone together but Najimi always joining them lmao

Speaking of Onemine, the one cut of her and Otori dancing together was so cute

Favourite characters are definitely Yadano, Otori, Netsuno and Najimi- I hope we get to see more of the first three in the second season. Netsuno and Otori especially, seeing how late they were introduced.

Glad I decided to finish this before the second season comes out, can't wait for it

Overall 9/10
Mar 19, 2022 2:12 AM

Sep 2018
I suffer from social anxiety and I felt this anime got me really deep and got easily emotional. I really loved Komi and in my opinion this is one of the best slice of life I've ever seen.

Awesome graphics. different characters and situations, the style with the embarassed/anxious Komi is really cute, and soundtrack is amazing with the piano.

Can't wait to see much more!

My visual novel list
https://vndb.org/u152159
Mar 20, 2022 6:39 AM

Jun 2019
Loved seeing the Manga come to life, Wholesome & Hilarious!
Can't wait for Season2!

Will keep reading the Manga in the meantime.
Mar 25, 2022 7:40 PM
Oct 2018
holy fuck komi is so hot I love anime
Oct 2018
Oct 2018
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

93 by SolalAnime »»
Jul 29, 6:19 AM

» This show is an absolute disgrace at representing social anxiety ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Apr 26

67 by JizzyHitler »»
Jul 27, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2021

121 by mal-Ghifari451 »»
Jul 9, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2021

97 by Azurosa »»
Jun 19, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Komi-san wa, Comyushou desu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Oct 6, 2021

362 by FlexDaddy24 »»
Jun 13, 2:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.