Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2021 12:02 AM
Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Raws and spoilers are out...

Finally Kid Vs Big Mom started this chapter, The Kid panels were also really clean.

Looks like Luffy has been KOed once again by Kaido. Probably this is the turning point of this Act.

Unfortunately we have a break next week. Cant wait to find out what happens next.
May 13, 2021 7:00 PM
May 2020
Mad_Scientist9 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

Finally Kid Vs Big Mom started this chapter, The Kid panels were also really clean.

Looks like Luffy has been KOed once again by Kaido. Probably this is the turning point of this Act.

Unfortunately we have a break next week. Cant wait to find out what happens next.
ignore "that" blind hater...

Yeah this chapter was fire...it was unpredictable asf tho

I never thought that Luffy would lose lmao xD and i love how Oda just did that before a break

And yeah , people were always complaining that Big Mom was just a "plot device" because she literally cant attack Otama before lol...but yeah , this chapter just proved that they were ABSOLUTELY wrong xD

5/5 chapter like always
One Piece is bad, really
May 13, 2021 7:17 PM

Jul 2020
Kozuki_0den said:
Mad_Scientist9 said:

I never thought that Luffy would lose lmao xD and i love how Oda just did that before a break

And yeah , people were always complaining that Big Mom was just a "plot device" because she literally cant attack Otama before lol...but yeah , this chapter just proved that they were ABSOLUTELY wrong xD

5/5 chapter like always
I can find the spoilers but can't find the raws. Help me dude. Please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2021 7:39 PM

Jan 2015
StrawHatTitan said:
Kozuki_0den said:

5/5 chapter like always
there is local scanlation from the raw. the english version likely will out soon either today or tomorrow.

la critique de l'intention pure
May 13, 2021 7:43 PM
May 2020
StrawHatTitan said:
Kozuki_0den said:

5/5 chapter like always
https://imgur.com/a/msn27x6

Here you go bud , im sorry if its too late

I didnt notice your reply
One Piece is bad, really
May 13, 2021 9:01 PM

Nov 2016

I don't even mind that Luffy lost again. It looked good yet too good to be true. Last chapter with Zoro and Sanji gave me pre first loss against Crocodile vibes. Kaido aka the strongest mofo around was holding back and above all, we're still in Act 3. Other characters such as Yamato and Marco deserve a shot at him. Top Commanders weren't even a challenge. But first we need someone to save the falling Luffy. Could be either him or Momo.

My problem is how unfavorably Nami and Usopp got portrayed so far. Last chapter Nami was ready for the smoke, now Big Mom steals the kill. The sad thing is that these two aren't even allowed to utilize their skillset fully.

To their defense. The battlefield, especially close combat isn't their preferred terrain.  They shine more elsewhere(tho Usopp didn't in Wano so far) Looking at older arcs they rarely had proper fights either, here they face monster. Ulti and P1 could get back up again because Ancient Zoan masterrace. She took Yamato's Thunder Bagua like a champ. Other already beaten characters came back too, so why not.

The one genuinely hype aspect was Kid coming clutch. Compared to Luffy he has a lot to make up for. With that said and taking into account the "structure" of the Onigashima raid, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in front of Kaido somehow.

All in all I'm torn, ngl. I enjoyed the comedy despite convoluted storytelling with as much chaos as in Big Mom. We know enough about her including her backstory to make sense of it. I hope we get one for Kaido soon, his line at the end got me intrigued again. I want to learn more about him, possibly see his other L's aside from the one Oden gave him(if that one counts)

The one thing that gives me hope is that Marineford also had a lot of off paneling, jumping from fight to fight situations etc. In Dress Rosa it was a real struggle till GoD Usopp blessed us. It took it's sweet time for the tournament participants to get into position and even longer before they wrapped up their fights. Admittedly it's a lot messier and more convoluted here, but I keep my faith.
FMmatronMay 14, 2021 7:54 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2021 12:55 AM

Dec 2011
Just read the chapter. Oda surely must have watch theories videos as everything turn more badly for our heroes...
Is Zeus really dead now and he will not comeback to Nami and now Mom will even kill O-Tama for siding with the Straw Hats.
May 14, 2021 1:02 AM

Feb 2021
This chapter was soooo good! Finally some Kid action, I've been waiting for this :o
Poor little Zeus tho... I feel really bad for him :(

I'm concerned about the way this chapter ended tho... Doesn't look good man.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
May 14, 2021 1:26 AM

Jan 2019
Nooo Luffy. I kind of guessed it would happen but damn, I was not ready. I would have preferred to see the fight entirely instead of just seeing how it ended. Anyway, I'm glad it happened because : on 1v1, Kaido wins.
May 14, 2021 1:31 AM

Jul 2020
I feel that we might see one more emperor in wano very soon. As for defeating kaido, god usopp is yet to do the miracle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2021 1:32 AM
May 2021
All the haters that thought oda had turned mashima concerning luffy vs kaido and big mam have been proven wrong by the Goda again!!!! At this point, they should just stop trying. Love the chaos. A little sad that nami and usopp haven't gotten a chance to step up but still understandable. And, robin chwan???? What's up with robin. I don't want an offscreen result
May 14, 2021 1:58 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That ending was not expected damn Luffy.
May 14, 2021 2:28 AM
May 2018
poor zeus mama hates him and wants to take his soul back and nami is angry at him too now he probably is gone thats sad he was a great duo with nami and he was a good power up for her. As expected big mom just does what she wants she cant be ally with anyone lmao. Damn i didnt expect Luffy to get KO-ed so soon and offscreen
May 14, 2021 2:53 AM

Apr 2017
"if it's 1v1, bet on kaido"

i was hoping luffy would lose and i'm glad he did. don't need fairy tail levels of bullshit
May 14, 2021 4:26 AM
Oct 2018
How to end this wano arc? Kaido himself is tough to beat
May 14, 2021 4:36 AM
Jun 2009
I was sure that fight with Kaido will be similar to the fight with Crocoboy, and it looks like it indeed.
What I would like to see is Nami fighting more.
And oh boy, poor Zeus. I feel sorry for him. Never thought I would be sorry
May 14, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Zeus getting the life roasted out of him. 😆

But Captain Kiddo to the rescue! 💪🏾
May 14, 2021 5:57 AM
Jan 2021
This chapter is FIREEEEEEEEEEE.Oda just slaps everybody who said Big Mom helping out Otama,Nami and ussop is bad writing.
May 14, 2021 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
the big mom and kaido is way too strong.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 14, 2021 6:30 AM

Oct 2017
After hyping it up it ended up like this after all lol, Great.
May 14, 2021 7:30 AM

Feb 2014
How does Maser Cannon work? First Napoleon is inside, then he is outside? What did they shoot?
May 14, 2021 7:37 AM

Apr 2014
This chapter was freaking crazy good. Looking forward to the next one. Luffy at the end. Wow. I was hoping he last a little longer, and at least give a couple big hits on Kaido. But I guess this is fine too. Fighting a Yonko one on one is not suppose to go easy even if you are strong. As the rumor says. If it is One on One. Kaido will win. And guess what? He freaking won. I wonder if things would've turned out differently should he not have formed an alliance with Big Mom. Speaking of which she is on a rampage.
May 14, 2021 7:48 AM

Nov 2016
asei said:
I was sure that fight with Kaido will be similar to the fight with Crocoboy, and it looks like it indeed.
What I would like to see is Nami fighting more.
And oh boy, poor Zeus. I feel sorry for him. Never thought I would be sorry

Yeah so many parallels

Croc gave Luffy the first big L in Paradise

Kaido did it in the New World( I don't count Caesar, that was cheap)

Luffy came up with water to fight Croco-boy, we felt hope, nonethless, he lost again

Same here with Ryu and advanced Haoshoku

Zoro and the crew believing in Luffy before he fought Croc the first time(their dialogue on the giant crab)

Last chapter Zoro and Sanji believing in Luffy

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 14, 2021 7:51 AM

Aug 2019
Poor Zeus but I don't think he's dead. I think Big Mom's disposal of him will come to bite her in the a** later.

I'm glad Luffy lost. I think having him win here would have been underwhelming considering the hype the emperors got. I'm not sure if the raid is going to fail but l'm glad it isn't going too well for the alliance anymore.
It was getting a bit too avengers-esque.
May 14, 2021 8:27 AM
Jun 2020
It makes sense for Kaido to send Luffy flying and regret not cutting off his head.
This only makes me think one thing, with Zoro and Luffy out of combat, Law must be exhausted by now, Kid and Killer must also be very tired ...
Can they really win without a dash?
I hope Oda surprised us.
May 14, 2021 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
So Luffy gets folded offscreen by Kaido once more. Realistically, there’s no way the straw hats should win this battle. Wondering what Oda will pull out of his ass to make it so.
May 14, 2021 9:07 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Zeus may be derpy, but I can't help but feel for him. I hope Kidd made it in time to save him from being absorbed by Hera.

Unlike Kidd, Luffy seems to have joined Zeus in the losers club in his fight vs Kaido - but who knows, we've only just seen the first spark of Big Mom vs Kidd.
May 14, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
Zeus sacrifice for Nami really shows that he supported her at the end, wonder how will Kid vs Big Mom battle out.

Luffy at the end is just....

It was a little expected since fighting Yonko who is at his full power isn’t something many could do, but of course this makes the plot very very interesting and with Zoro out of battle, Luffy knocked out and Law half alive it’s gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.
May 14, 2021 12:37 PM

Apr 2020

So after 1013 chapters this series finally came to an end...and even Luffy couldn't protect himself from the Offscreen Offscreen no Mi
It has been a fun ride guys...Oda really jebaited us into thinking Luffy was the mc, when Buggy was the destined man all along😭😭 R.I.P. my nigga Luffy

But honestly sometimes I think Oda uses the breaks to take a look at the OP community and its predictions and then completely draw the opposite of it...
Everyone: Luffy has chance against Kaido now and Yamato is coming too. Also, Nami will get Zeus as a permanent power-up. Oh and Kid will be useless like always.
Oda: Nah, I don’t think I’ll do that. *proceeds to yeet Luffy off of Onigashima and let Big Mom say that she never would let a homie with a part of her soul escape*
Well honestly, Kid actually being useful and curb stomping Mommy was a sight to behold (that colored panel made me nut, no hands involved)

I might be late to the party but was Nami's fighting attire always like th- anyways, my girl Nami delivered us a breathtaking um...fight

And why is she fighting in high heels lmfaooo

asapabriMay 14, 2021 2:20 PM

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
May 14, 2021 2:04 PM

Jun 2017
Rip Zeus. Luffy getting offscreened was a huge disappointment.

I hate how this arc is dragging like crazy. All those chapters and no significant progress was made in the story. Kaido and Big Mom are still untouchable gods.
May 14, 2021 2:24 PM

Aug 2015
Not at all surprised that Luffy loses when facing Kaido alone. We're talking about a 21 year old rookie facing an experienced man considered to be the strongest creature in the world lol
May 14, 2021 3:03 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
What I'm wondering is what Luffy is missing to conquer Kaido. If the Raid fails that would be pretty grim, I don't know how they'll get past Wano, or what they'll do to even defeat Kaido. I want it to be batshit crazy and say they get arrested by CP0 or something and we get a bigass Return to Impel Down arc (which kinda makes sense considering all of the captures that has been happening since Dressrosa ended, all the way to Chapter 957ish). What's more likely to happen though is that we'll get another 3 years of Wano. xD

asapabri said:

kek, knowing Kaido that's probably tears for Luffy he's holding back.
ChartTopper60May 14, 2021 3:07 PM
May 14, 2021 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Is Zeus really dead? I want him as a permanent power-up for Nami...
May 14, 2021 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
So, instead of seeing how and why Luffy lost to Kaido, we get some drama about Zeus dying at the hands of Big Mom. Sure, the greatest arc of One Piece at it´s peak.

This is way too convoluted and it seems already out of Oda´s hands. There´s also Nami, whose big moment was shooting an attack and then cry for help.
May 14, 2021 8:44 PM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised that Luffy lost but at the same time, I'm quite happy he just didn't simply defeat Kaido 1v1. It feels a lot nicer this way and unpredictable this way and I'm really looking forward to future events

May 15, 2021 12:20 AM

Jan 2014
just as I predicted, Luffy comes out as a winner is too soon for him, he's just learned to coating himself with Haki after all. what can he do with someone who's already mastered that skill many years ago and doing it unconciously all this time.
May 15, 2021 2:05 AM

May 2020
I was not expecting Luffy to lose. I knew Kaido was alot stronger than Luffy but I stil wasn't expecting him to lose, man Oda did that right before a break too.
May 15, 2021 3:34 AM

Mar 2016
Aw, poor Zeus, neither Nami nor Big Mom wants his lazy ass around anymore, the only ones chomping for that booty is Hera and she's out for Zeus' souls.

Nami did well to fend off Ulti however she could, but it took Big Mom to really save her out of a pinch, I felt Usopp should've done something at least, but he didn't. Shame... I was expecting Kid to appear for a few chapter now and so he finally did, and in the process, he saved Nami and Usopp, nice one Kiddo. I kinda feel that these whole events here are kinda bullshit, I mean, imagine how thick of a plot armour these two has?! I was fully expecting Nami and Usopp to at least sustain some injuries, but they come out, almost unscathed save for a few nicks and scratches.

And now for something exciting. Despite Luffy's Haki blossoming during his fights, even if he has the ability to use Advanced Conquerors Haki, Advanced Armament Haki, and Advanced Observation Haki. He is still no match for Kaido who have used two of the former Haki type for ages now. It was awesome to see Luffy fight head to head against Kaido but it's only realistic that he got his ass handed to him.

Perhaps it's time for the long-awaited GEAR 5!!!
May 15, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2015
Damn that last page is one of the craziest endings and panels I've seen from OP this arc. Seeing Luffy passed out flying off of the island after being defeated by Kaido (again), especially after he was so confident is wild. It makes the fight against Kaido seem hopeless.
Seeing Big Mom get slammed by Kid was nice to see tho. Something about seeing that massive woman get body slammed is so satisfying.
And before everyone starts complaining about Luffy getting off paneled, let's wait until the next chapter to see what may have happened. Oda does this a lot and leaves us feeling stupid the next chapter.
zomikMay 15, 2021 9:56 AM
May 15, 2021 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Dat last page! I'm so hyped, can't wait for the next chapter
May 15, 2021 2:23 PM
Mar 2018
I think Oda has done a good job with these battles. Some people think that things are dragging or going nowhere, but apart from completely disregarding power scaling there has to be more than just a 1vs1 battle to take down these Yonko that the series has been building to for years. I have faith that the story is building to some crazy stuff, it just takes a while to set up so many moving pieces, while justifying how it all happens. I hope Marco, Law, and Chopper are able to get some of the key fighters healed up and back on the battlefield with their doctor abilities.
May 15, 2021 4:12 PM
Dec 2020
Complaining because you didn't *see* Luffy getting tossed is literally one of the stupidest complaints you can make. What difference does it make? Luffy lost. FOR NOW. That's all you need to know. It's not like this is the last we've seen of both him and Kaido. Seriously, what difference does it make?
May 16, 2021 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
From the beginning of this arc, the goal has been to defeat Kaido and Orochi and free Wano from their control. Right now I have no idea how that'll happen considering how unbeatable Kaido seems at the moment, and the end of the chapter certainly doesn't inspire any hope. Hopefully things turn around for our heroes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 16, 2021 8:35 AM

May 2018
I'm kinda glad Kaido win. Kaido still live up to his hype. I war really afraid Oda nerf the yonkou for the sake of protagonist plot convenience.
May 16, 2021 11:09 AM
Feb 2018
Big mom best character, kidd rip ( aka trash )
May 16, 2021 2:21 PM

Aug 2016
RIP Zeus, poor little fella.
Man Big Mom going from worrying about Tama to trying to kill a girl for leaving, she really is a psycho, she may have her own code but it's truly twisted as hell.
Luffy's loss is kinda expected, Kaido is the world's strongest still, but I'm sure this will lead Luffy to growing even stronger with the experience he's gained.
So now it's down to seeing where he lands, will help arrive (maybe Sanji, with his observation haki, airwalk and new Zoro-board for Luffy to land on) or is he going for a swim and maybe washing up somewhere unexpected?
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 16, 2021 4:29 PM

Dec 2013
I'm expecting Zeus will make a mini comeback before actually dying.

In the end Luffy not winning isn't too surprising. He'll still probably comeback eventually.
May 16, 2021 7:04 PM

Apr 2021
So is Ulti dead? Lol

May 16, 2021 7:54 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, I feel really bad for Zeus, I hope he isn't gone for good, so Nami can make good use of him. Then we have Prometheus out here tryna get some soul coochie lmao. That combo attack though was cool, RIP Ulti.

Kidd took down Big Mom damn, but we know that don't mean shit at the end of the day lmao. Luffy still needs some more experience before he can beat Kaido.
May 16, 2021 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
Kinda sad Nami didn't really get to shine, Big Mom stole the last hit it seems. And looks like we can't rely on Tama enabling Big Mom to become a temporary ally anymore.

I was kinda hoping Zeus would redeem himself and team up with Nami. Doesn't look promising if he was really ended like that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1116 Discussion

FMmatron - May 28

48 by CQLLIST »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 806 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

animefan8800 - Nov 4, 2015

124 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 7:20 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 805 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

61 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 6:59 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 804 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

88 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 6:41 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 803 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

abreugus - Oct 6, 2015

123 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Yesterday, 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.