Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 14, 2018 11:14 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Holy fucking shit, bakugo is literally testing my patience.
And I would like to know what the bakugo fans are smoking.
Apr 6, 2018 10:16 AM

May 2016
AWESOME!!!

THAT WAS SO COOL!!!

10/10
Apr 6, 2018 8:37 PM
Dec 2014
First part was so cringy with Katsuki screaming all the time.Second part have night fight scenes.
May 17, 2018 2:41 PM

May 2014
animefan8800 said:
And unfortunately he has to do so with Bakugo, imo the douchiest, most obnoxious character in the series. But hey, let's see WHY young Bakugo is such a douche. Oh, what's that? Absolutely no good reason at all? Okay then, sure. Well I did at least get an enormous amount of pleasure from seeing All Might make him spew. That was awesome, we need more of that! :D[/img]

Yeah, I know every popular shounen needs to have a Vegeta, but Bakugo is easily my least favorite of all the Vegatas. I think his douche levels are way too over the top, beyond just a harsh rivalry. This guy seriously HATES Deku for trying to help him up one time when he fell down... not a very good explanation for his behavior towards Deku.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 12, 2018 2:29 AM

Jun 2013

It’s finally Bakugo and Deku’s turn as a team. Jesus Christ, Bakujoe’s temper tantrums and ego is so annoying but his pride is probably all he has. He used to admire All Might, he’s just like Deku but the difference is that he wants to become better than All Might, defeat him and prove he’s number one. While Deku wants to make All Might proud and become as strong as him.

I’m glad they were able to work together while still retaining their own personalities: Bakugo’s unending pride, arrogance and great strength and Deku’s inability to let others suffer while letting allowing himself to win. In the end, they both passed.

We got to see the blonde-haired villain girl again. I can’t wait to meet more villains in this series.
臭い-
Aug 17, 2018 1:03 AM

Aug 2009
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

DepravedMagi said:

this and this. I don't see the appeal whatsoever atm. so until I see some more development he is just unlikable. hell, for me he is almost irredeemable for straight up punching someone who simply wanted to help him. like wtf

Aug 19, 2018 2:39 AM

Mar 2010
I'm surprised people hate on Bakugo so much. It shows the difference in western vs. Japanese audience, I guess.

That aside, this was my favourite fight so far. 2 of my favourite characters against the strongest character. I really liked the scene where Midoriya punched Bakugo, I didn't expect that. And I also like the change in Bakugo already, I can't wait to see more of him.

I loved every single scene of this fight. From Midoriya and Bakugo struggle to them passing the exam. They have a huge potential as a team and I really hope that when they grow up, they will become a duo of heroes.
Aug 22, 2018 6:19 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
lovexLuffy said:
owlette said:
how do people actually like Bakugo? he's easily one of the worst characters. i really hope he gets better character development because so far he's been like "get out of my way! i am so cool and strong and no one else matters!" for no reason whatsoever, like i get it he hates Deku and is his rival or whatever but wtf. like this episode is the first time he slightly cooperated with Deku and still BARELY. the only good feature he has is that he's strong, that's literally it

DepravedMagi said:

this and this. I don't see the appeal whatsoever atm. so until I see some more development he is just unlikable. hell, for me he is almost irredeemable for straight up punching someone who simply wanted to help him. like wtf

Would you look at it, I see someone else with common sense
Sep 29, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
Why would All Might be that careless about destroying a city? Katsuki needs to follow the rules, he's supposed to team up with Izuku and he's not being a good sport. Why does that guy always got something bad to say about people? Did somebody hurt him? I feel like something traumatic has happened in this guy's past and I really want to know about it and why he's the way he is.

OMG, All Might made Katsuki throw up just like his elderly mentor did to him! All Might is really learning from his mentor! Yes, Izuku, punch Katsuki! He deserves that punch for being such a jerk to you and giving up the battle. Lol at Izuku jumping like a bunny after that.

Lol Recovery Girl's scolding All Might like a Grandma but I think he deserved that because he was being too carelessly bold with them.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 6, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2015
Blonde girl at the end... I don't know but she seems crazy... like Harley or Junko crazy... hopefully she shows up more in the next season.
Oct 24, 2018 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
Well that as probably one of the worst episode of BnHA for me, which means it was still at least average. Probably because I hate Bakugo and Deku is too much like the usual protagonist.
Dec 9, 2018 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
was i the only one screaming WHERE ARE THE DAMN HANDCUFFS? the whole fight? all mighty grabbed both of them more than once and have openings for them to use them. i know the fight wouldn't have been nearly as epic if they did use it and passed the test but well, it seems everyone forgot they had that resource to win anyway.

i like bakugou. people keep saying he could be a perfect villain, but there it is, he isn't and doesn't want to be one. everyone expects him to go to the dark side, but he wants to be the best of heroes and he's actually good. bakugou is smart, has good combat skills and is really strong and well acquainted to his quirk but his biggest enemy is himself. i actually like that he is not afraid of not speaking his kind, even when he is wrong or unreasonable. he's gotta a problem with pride, ego and is very insecure but if he didn't he wouldn't have room to grow. people like deku and his determination but you know, they're very alike in their objectives, deku is just more likable because he's easier to deal with. i don't know if it's because i know actual people that are a bit like bakugou, explosive, aggressive and full of pride, but they have hearts of gold and are people that i do love very much, and me - i'm a lot like deku, much more than bakugou - would've liked to be more like him, but i do like bakugou as a character a lot. and i think that's what deku sees in him too, he admires the confidence, the part he lacks and the guy has, even if it's a little bit too much.
Feb 2, 2019 10:36 AM

May 2016
All Might really did feel like a villain in here. He's definitely holding back on them but it still looks like he has absolutely no mercy against them even if they're both his students because he places that much trust into their power and potential. They're dysfunctional together almost all the time but once they both realize that there's no other way forward alone, their polar opposite thinking merge together to think of an ingeniously clever strategy. That grenade gauntlet to the face has gotta hurt!

Bakugo could've used Deku waddling towards the gate with a broken back as a distraction to go the exit first but he continued diverting All Might's attention from him with all he got. Forcing himself to use his ultimate move consecutive times had him picking up a move from Deku's deck for a change. In the end Izuku couldnt just leave him behind so he gave All Might a really good punch and went through the escape gate together as comrades.

Looks like the League of Villains have new recruits.

Feb 20, 2019 11:34 AM

Nov 2017
They're both so effing stupid. Finally I get to see worst girl in season 3, I hope she takes Deku away from Uraraka for good and cements a nasty relationship (going off of what spoilers I've seen for season 3, ignorant of course).
Jun 11, 2019 8:22 PM
Apr 2019
Bakugo really shined this episode, I loved it

Also ... .All Might, calm down LOL smacking Deku and Bakugo together, your crazy man.
Aug 19, 2019 5:29 AM

Dec 2013
All Might didn't hold back huh. But damn that Bakugo, I didn't like it when he hit Deku twice. I'm not really a fan of his violence but oh well, the two still work out to pass the exam in the end. So we were able to see the new members of League of Villains?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 24, 2019 12:21 PM

Dec 2016
I saw a miracle! I couldn't believe my eyes when Bakugou cooperated with Deku as a team. Bakugou's stubborness is so annoying and his anger scares me like hell ._."

Holly Hell! That's some massive force All Might made oAo" He must have made the students terrified. He showed no mercy!

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 23, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 2015
Only one episode left and I feel like this season didn't bring anything new to the table.
My boy Midoriya is the sweetest but that's not enough for a score of 10/10.

Up until now we've only seen the tournament, the heroes' training and their fight battle with their teachers.

Tbh if they hadn't shown the secondary characters and only focused on the main main, this season would have been way shorter.
Oh well.
Feb 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Feb 2017

"...they both have so many different feelings about each other piled up one on top of the other that they don't know how to interact anymore."

May 23, 2020 7:59 PM
Jul 2016
This was a powerful episode further prodding along our two main protagonists' rivalry relationship. You'd feel it too even if you haven't read the source material.

That said, Katsuki (whose name, lest we forget, means "winning self"), despite his mainly egotistical rants, is showing decent slivers of putting his smarts to good use against an all-powerful hero-enemy he's idolized for so long. It's just good that - even slightly and reluctantly - he's willing to listen a bit more to Deku now.
May 30, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
Love this fight.So many emotions.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 20, 2020 3:34 PM

May 2015
AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! That scene was so beautiful in soo many way!!!

Deku turning around to go save Bakugo,
Bakugo finally working alongside Deku,
The epic music and that Smash!

So many good things all in one scene to make me start tearing up with a huge grin on my face. These are the scenes that make MHA so amazing.

I absolutely love every scene where the music hightens and Deku uses a smash. They're so exciting and get my blood pumping. OST is amazing as usual.

When Bakugo was pinned down it was a bit sad to see. Honestly dont rememeber this episode being this good but re-watching it its amazing.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 16, 2020 12:16 PM
May 2020
I don`t like Kacchan, so this episode was kinda boring. Liked to see how All Might transformed to Sans :)
Sep 1, 2020 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Upon rewatching this (because I watched this last year), I am amazed how Deku and Bakugo are able to pass the exam in the end despite being overpowered by All Might.

Oct 28, 2020 10:21 AM
Sep 2020
this episode was really good and i love bakugos character
Feb 13, 2021 10:09 AM
Jun 2020
this episode made me realize bakugo whatever he likes he never ever gives up on winning that's the thing I loved him most.
Feb 19, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH LOOKS LIKE IT JUST GOT MORE INTERESTING
FOR THE LEGAUE OF VILLIANS
AND THAT WAS AN E-P-I-C EPISODE
Mar 2, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2020
It looked totally impossible at first. Even with those heavy bands All-might was enough to defeat them both. However he was totally in character there. He sure taught them but looked like a villain. But finally Bakugo understood he can't win alone and defeat All-might head on. This time he made a plan instead of Deku. It was wise for Aizawa to keep these two in a team. Together they are amazingly powerful. If they had proper communication then they could have capture All-might. But they really had tough time. Deku's punches were amazing though. Good thing is they won.
Mar 12, 2021 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
All Might was BRUTAL in that fight, he taught them a proper lesson.

I still think Deku is a b*tch. I mean, how many times does someone have to tell you they don't want to talk to you before you finally shut up? Sounds like Deku either has a big ego or hit his head too hard to understand basic concepts like that.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 9, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah Deku you better go save Kacchan. That guy literally risked his ass to save you.
If Deku actually ran to the gate alone I would've punched my computer screen.
3099Apr 9, 2021 7:03 PM
May 4, 2021 5:08 AM

Jun 2020
O M G when Kacchan was internally raging about having to fight with Deku & yelled out D E K UUUUUU!!!!! Omg.....CHILLS

Deku going back for Kacchan ♡_____♡ He’ll never leave his Kacchan behind. I love how he was so respectful even when he was going to punch All Might lol

Kacchan looks like an angel with his unconscious sleeping face lollllol

Amazing seeing them work together, tho it’s just for an exam, as All Might mused, they will only get stronger together. So stoked!!

TABI TABI TABI TABIIIIIIIIIII

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 19, 2021 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
Baka_Debakar said:
☜(⌒▽⌒)☞

Ribbit Ribbit \( ̄︶ ̄*\))

May 19, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2021
Wow the fight scene was amazing! I think All-Might went a bit too hard on those two lol. Woah new villains into the spotlight??

Aug 22, 2021 11:42 PM

Aug 2020
Finally, he lowered his ego and work as a team. Dude is testing my patience.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2021
I frikin love MHA...And of course this episode!!!!
The match between Deku and Bakugo vs All Might was with out a doubt awesome and intense :D
And We've got plenty trouble coming with new members joining the league of villains!!!!!!!!
Oct 27, 2021 8:27 AM

Jan 2021
One of my favourite things about this arc is that it subtly shows that there's a lot more to Bakugo than his temper and quirk. In both his fights this ep he was able to figure out his opponents weaknesses, last episode he revealed how taxing it can actually be on his body and in the cavalry battle it shows that pissing him off even further just makes him more calculative (though I think this was depicted better in the manga). Superficially speaking, he's a reckless foul-mouthed hot-head but he's really up there with Deku in terms of smarts and intelligence.

In fact it really extends to Midoriya and Todoroki too, that despite having insane quirks, all of them are exceptionally talented all round.
Jan 7, 2022 3:18 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Okay yeah that was nice and all, but what should've actually happen is all might knocking deku and bakugo in a one two hit punch combo, that's it, exam failed

Perhaps those weights really were heavy, or maybe he really is getting weaker. But the man sent a shockwave punch from across half of the arena, so idk what about that is weak. These were two students against the top hero.... they managed to escape via total bs

Or maybe all might was just being a softie like mr. aizawa apparently was

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 16, 2022 11:57 AM
Jan 2022
Not expected that All Might would that cruel towards both Deku and Bakugo, but it is for their development, if else they could never work together. Usually Bakugo pissing me off due to how arrogant he is, but at least now he accepted Deku, means he got slight development right there, so my hate towards him is less for a little bit.
Jul 18, 2022 7:26 PM

Jun 2014
All Might gave Deku and Bakugo a real beating, but nonetheless, they were still able to win, although All Might might've let them win, but they still did good. The two still don't get along, but there was a subtle improvement in their relationship by the end of the battle.

Jan 4, 2023 3:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Man even if its not on his best form, All Might still as strong as ever without holding back a little. Meanwhile, looking at Bakugou, and Deku, they both like a polar magnet, so damn difficult to unite water and oil. Though, Bakugou manage to suppressing his naive pride a little and cooperate with his hated damn need, Deku, which the result obviously led them into a victory. Pretty expected honestly.

A fine match, but can be better if the conviction was more than that. Talking about the conviction, someone on the next last episode will find his final ideal conviction. Let's see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 15, 2023 5:59 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 25, 2023 10:17 AM
Feb 2022
How can Midoriya use Bakugo's grenade blaster if is was just only for show?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 15, 2023 1:58 AM

Nov 2023
Well this was a fun episode imo
Feb 18, 10:34 PM

Jul 2008
Bakugo....you really are a douche.
Apr 3, 2:35 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to SuiNoByakko
I'm surprised people hate on Bakugo so much. It shows the difference in western vs. Japanese audience, I guess.

That aside, this was my favourite fight so far. 2 of my favourite characters against the strongest character. I really liked the scene where Midoriya punched Bakugo, I didn't expect that. And I also like the change in Bakugo already, I can't wait to see more of him.

I loved every single scene of this fight. From Midoriya and Bakugo struggle to them passing the exam. They have a huge potential as a team and I really hope that when they grow up, they will become a duo of heroes.
@SuiNoByakko

I like Bakugo, apart from when he is just needlessly shouting.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

192 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 27, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

201 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 24, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

199 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

288 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 15, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.