Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2020 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, we're getting more juicy content for this show now with the shifted focus on Suzuki. Personality wise, he has some anger issues. However, I also kinda feel bad for him seeing how he is abused.

Even Hina knew something wasn't right while Suzuki was reaching for that power. Definitely the most serious episode so far and Yota didn't hold back his own feelings. Hina better come back.

Dec 5, 2020 7:31 AM

Feb 2018
This is a really good episode, yeah this is gonna be sad end maybe... Those last scene, this is confession, huh. Will youta save Hina? The identity has been revealed. Bgm it's sad to hear, those credit... Title: Natsu Nagi

Dec 5, 2020 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
HA! Called it! Knew the end of the world is just Hina’s world.
Also either Im just being cold hearted or not but I felt nothing this episode, even the kid getting manipulated pulling cyber crimes and soon getting his ass whipped the moment he realized what he’s doing is wrong and wont do it again.
That confession was... so lackluster lol, Izanami’s ep is still this series’ peak and even that wasnt something to write about.
Anyways.. a few more eps to go, Im expecting Hina to actually live, still clinging on one more of my gut feeling that the title is Youta saving Hina from an impossible task that not even she could have known possible hence the day I became a God = The day I saved my loli.
Dec 5, 2020 7:43 AM

Apr 2020
Finally, Suzuki was directly involved. Hina can live because the quantum computer left by Dr. Koroki is in her head, and it seems like a prediction because it is connected to all kinds of information.

The sudden confession was a little too rapid
Dec 5, 2020 8:11 AM
Jul 2016
What a sad episode. I knew the end of the world refer only to Hina.
Youta confession... to me it didn’t seem a romantic confession, but more as a family or friend.
Dec 5, 2020 8:27 AM
Jun 2020
QuynhNhu said:
Youta confession... to me it didn’t seem a romantic confession, but more as a family or friend.
At this point, you're just ignoring the truth. How much more evidence does anyone need to prove it? It all started with Episode 5. A kiss is unexpected since the main couple didn't even get to kiss in Jun Maeda's other works Angel Beats & Charlotte as well.
Dec 5, 2020 8:59 AM
Dec 2017
-Stray said:

yeah, but until now she thought that the world's gonna end. I wonder where that came from, did her grandpa put a prediction knowing that MiB will come for her?
Dec 5, 2020 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
Pain. No thoughts. Just pain.

I have to admit, white hair kid not being a bad guy was a shock for me. I was expecting him to be an antagonist. Turns out he has a tragic backstory full of abuse and neglect.

We got confirmation of what most of us had been expecting, that the “end of the world” was actually just Hina’s world. So she’s basically a supercomputer that everyone is afraid of.

I wasn’t expecting the confession to come soon, but I loved it. Really beautiful moment. I’d love nothing more than for them to have a happy ending, but given Maeda’s comments about this being the saddest anime ever, I don’t think it’ll happen. πŸ˜”
Dec 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2015
Jesus Christ, where are we going now?

There was so much build up and hints about the confession coming, so I wasn't surprised in that end, I'm more surprised that about the way everything happened, which leaves me without any idea of what's going to happen next.
Dec 5, 2020 9:19 AM

Feb 2020
Ok episode, but I didn't hate this, I just felt that the emotion of this episode was a bit lacking...
Dec 5, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
Surprised this has happened now, and not like before the final episode honestly. Like it's making me wonder what'll happen next since we've still got three episodes left. Gonna be a super fun ride.
Dec 5, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
Kinda felt bad for the hacker guy, his talent was abused until he lost all trust in his own parents and adults in general. :(

Not sure why but the Hina and Yota scene at the end didn't hit as strong for me.

However, it sounds like we got confirmation that Hina has some sort of processor embedded in her so I guess for technical reasons she is kind of an android. xD
Dec 5, 2020 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
Oh boy I'm hyped now, with 3 episodes left for Youta and co to save Hina (or anything else), it definitely feels like it avoided what Charlotte did
Dec 5, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The hacker Suzuki gets enough screentime to focus on Dr. Korogi's experiment of Hina, whom her "all-knowing omniscience" has been nothing but a series of logic computations through a man-made quantum supercomputer.

Suzuki's backstory though, it's a whole other thing by itself. Never expected to see another abuse story through his strong-willedness, but clearly he's grown to be cunning in the world of adults while his Quirk is once again utilized for the wrong reasons. The case of the "cat chasing the mouse" ever regardless.

The imagery of the goldfish from the OP finally made sense for a barrage of top-secret information that Suzuki wanted to get his hands on badly, and that leading to Hina's creation by the professor before his death, and now befalling on Hina's world ending (which wasn't a surprise given speculations from episodes prior).

A dangerous professor with a dangerous creation of a young girl to be apprehended to seal humanity's information, that's the only likely conclusion after all this while. The scene of Youta and Hina though sad, that confession is (but isn't) really out of love, but more of a precious friend, that's grandiosely precious as ever.

With the final quarter to go...I'm debating Jun Maeda's words right now of this being the saddest anime he has ever done.
Dec 5, 2020 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
it's garbage i had high hopes from PA works thought i would get a tear jerker but what did u get
1-7 episode of dog shit slice of life
8-9 episode of some sci-fi dog shit
don't know what will happen next 3 episode this much was enough to give up on this series. If i feel one bit of emotion from last 3 series i will come back and edit this post
Dec 5, 2020 9:33 AM

Aug 2018
Fair episode, but cliched execution. The pop-science is starting to get cringey.
Dec 5, 2020 9:45 AM

Sep 2019
I don't know what just happened. There were few almost pointless episodes but they tried to reveal many important things in a single epsiode.

Some unfriendly looking man tried to capture Hina but Hina's friends stopped them(not for too long) like they were expecting someone to come and kidnap Hina. It looked like Youta confessed to Hina but I'm still not sure if it was that kind of "I love you" or not.

This was probably the start of the "drama" but it didn't effect me at all. It felt too forced and weird. I really wanted to connect with this show and its characters but it didn't happen. I highly doubt that this show will get better since there's only 3 episodes left, but I really hope it will.
Dec 5, 2020 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Finally satisfying answers.

Shirase-san said:
The sudden confession was a little too rapid

Execution was clumsy. It was still mildly touching, tho and thankfully not as bad as in another certain Key anime.

I have my doubts regarding the last couple of epispdes and the potential rescue mission, but I'm excited since it feels unpredictable (for better or worse)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2020 9:47 AM
Oct 2020
Get a box of tissue ready for next 3 Saturdays
Dec 5, 2020 9:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the hacker and the guard finally make it the main plot. In the eyes of the greedy though Hina just become a very valuable tool to take possession off. Though Hiro had great ability its too bad that his parents only used him to secure an advantage over others within society seeing him more as a tool than a person. Still at least Suzuki was able to recognise the risk that he put Hina in and try to atone by warning her. The fact that the higher ups decided to view Hina as a threat and not a person and agree to the removal of the quantum computer from her that easily sure sent chills up my spine. Still its heartwarming to see Yota and Hina's friends step in so readily to protect them as a result of the bonds that they all forged with her. Overall an interesting ep that did well to shred some light into the true nature of Hina as well as give Suzuki a much needed expansion via intro of his past which was pretty messed up for him. Damm things really got real and emotional in this ep. Hopefully Hina won't die from the removal of the chip from her though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2020 9:51 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Hina, we'll remember you........I hope it doesnt come to that and she survives.
Dec 5, 2020 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
hmm so that's why she os the god..so the world is not ending just her... either it was implied she will not last more than 30 days... though it was all screwed up i guess
Dec 5, 2020 10:02 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Well, certainly didn't expect the answer to the "world" ends to come this fast. Goes to show that there's still something to come, I'm betting.

Fairly emotional episode, though. Execution was slightly off but I'm hoping for better tear-evoking scenes in the next 3 Sunday mornings. Need that insert song on my playlist...

A computer chip doing the brain's work for a month (actually more, rather), that definitely sounds interesting. Count me in for whatever's next!

Got to feel for Suzuki lad here, on another note.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 5, 2020 10:02 AM
Oct 2019
I love that the song Hina wrote on piano got some beautiful lyrics and a title! I did a quick translate and the title of the song is "Summer Calm". It was in the credits so I'm pretty sure that was the song so i could be wrong but I'm 99% sure. This episode was great but I think that Izanami's episode was still my favorite but this is definitely a close second. It was another emotional and enjoyable episode. Only three days left. At this point, it could be a very predictable ending, but I still think its going to be good and I think that I'm still going to enjoy it in the end. Will it be better Angel Beats? Of course not. Angel Beats is my favorite anime of all time because it was the first ever anime that I watched and nothing will change that for me. Although there are obvious problems with it such as it being rushed and having a plot hole. But what can I say, I'm biased. But I do think that the ending of The Day I Became A God will hit me hard.
Dec 5, 2020 10:06 AM

Jun 2012
There was a lack of a count down in this episode, could mean that it's possible for Hina to avoid her timely death?

Dec 5, 2020 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
It was cheap, cyberspace metaphore was cringy and unnecessary, plot is badly written and it builds no tention. I realy wonder is its from the same guy who made Angel Beats.
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Dec 5, 2020 10:18 AM
Feb 2016
-Stray said:
Also either Im just being cold hearted or not but I felt nothing this episode, even the kid getting manipulated pulling cyber crimes and soon getting his ass whipped the moment he realized what he’s doing is wrong and wont do it again.
That confession was... so lackluster lol, Izanami’s ep is still this series’ peak and even that wasnt something to write about.
Anyways.. a few more eps to go, Im expecting Hina to actually live, still clinging on one more of my gut feeling that the title is Youta saving Hina from an impossible task that not even she could have known possible hence the day I became a God = The day I saved my loli.

Izanami seems like she'll be a footnote in the long run because we gotta have our MC romance. Also it's not just you. It feels like they could've dropped the mahjong episode in favor of better exploring hacker boi prior to now so it wouldn't just be payoff with no buildup. The revelations about him only revealed now feel really awkwardly paced and overly melodramatic. But I'm still curious with three episodes left.
Dec 5, 2020 10:19 AM
Aug 2018
KANLen09 said:

With the final quarter to go...I'm debating Jun Maeda's words right now of this being the saddest anime he has ever done.

Yeah like what is going to happen in the next 3 episodes to make us feel that way.
Dec 5, 2020 10:20 AM

Oct 2017
See, without proper build up and tone management, the transition from light comedy into serious plot is extremely jarring, as if we're watching two different anime.

This has to be the worst episode this serie has to offer because of how they handle the previous episodes. It feels out of place , forced, and cheap.

The genius guy's past story is thrown in so quickly too without proper buildup.
It's hard to care about his backstory/ suffering because the anime never gave us a reason to in the first place.

The "end of world" revelation for Hina is super boring / generic too.
This has got to be the worst confession I've ever seen in any anime.
I CANNOT stop rolling my eyes when Yota confess to Hina because it is so extremely out of place and jarring.
I can't believe the same studio/ dev who write Angel Beats/ Nagi-Asu will produce a drama love story this terrible.

This anime is by far my most disappointed anime of the season.

Angel Beats has its flaw but the tone and buildup is always at the right note that we really care about these characters, and the transition and revolation feels rewarding / touchy instead of being cliche/ forced like in this serie.
Ventus_SDec 5, 2020 10:28 AM
Dec 5, 2020 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Guess the idea that it is Hina's world that is ending was true.

You got to feel sorry for the hacker Suzuki.

Now I wonder how they will end this show with only three episodes left.

Dec 5, 2020 10:28 AM

Mar 2020
All the fun times are coming to a close, The CEO has now found what she wanted to find with the help of Hiroto. Hina is now in grave danger.

We got to see a bit of Hiroto's backstory, how sad it must be for him to be used as an instrument his whole life.

A touching moment between Hina and Youta. I loved the music... Hina's captured...however...the show is not over just yet.

This episode gave me Angel Beats flashbacks for some reason...

Good episode :)
Dec 5, 2020 10:40 AM

Mar 2019
Idk maybe its just me but this show just isn't hitting like I expected it to.
Dec 5, 2020 10:45 AM

Jun 2017
Pain.... just pain... Make it go away pls
Dec 5, 2020 10:45 AM

May 2019
The life they’ve had so far was so pointless that I figured out that the world wasn’t just going to end out of nowhere. But I didn’t expect Hina to have a quantum supercomputer thing implanted in her brain.

To be honest, I haven’t felt any emotional attachment towards any of the characters so I felt no sad emotions or whatsoever during this episode. It didn’t really work this time either, Maeda Jun, I’m sorry.

-Stray said:

I totally agree with every single thing you said lol
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 5, 2020 10:48 AM

Oct 2017
nanimeanswhat said:
The life they’ve had so far was so pointless that I figured out that the world wasn’t just going to end out of nowhere. But I didn’t expect Hina to have a quantum supercomputer thing implanted in her brain.

To be honest, I haven’t felt any emotional attachment towards any of the characters so I felt no sad emotions or whatsoever during this episode. It didn’t really work this time either, Maeda Jun, I’m sorry.

-Stray said:

I totally agree with every single thing you said lol

Exactly my thought.
Read my post and you would know why none of the stuff happened in this episode works.
It did all the setup/ buildup wrong.
Dec 5, 2020 10:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
To be honest I really find all the explanations about the electronic ship in the brain etc to be pretty stupid, and that finale scene was... ok, but far from being sad for me, and it's very predictable that Hina would die you could just know it since the very beginning, I hope that she's going to survive or something like that like an original plot twist or it would really feel meh overall
Dec 5, 2020 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
Suzuki has some anger issues, but it definitely makes sense after taking a look at his backstory.

So Hina has a quantum computer chip inside her head which allows her to know everything. This all knowing computer was able to solve Hina's illness and now people of the government were looking for it saying it was too dangerous if put into the wrong hands. That's about all I understand so far, feel free to correct me or tell me if I'm missing something.

I feel they tried to make the confession scene more dramatic than it needed to be, but poor Inazami lost for sure now. Those government bastards better give Hina back! >:(
Dec 5, 2020 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
Well, that was very underwhelming, a huge let down from the creator of Charlotte and Angel Beats. The characters are bland at best and plot is all over the place. The first 8 episodes feels like complete fillers, and the turning point kinda just 'happened'. Dropping the score to 6/10 for now, though I doubt they'll be able to save this show at this point.

Good thing Taisou Samurai is there to make Saturday better...
Dec 5, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2018
Hmmm, I feel the same as the others here. I expected more from this, especially since it's a collab between P.A. Works, Aniplex and Key. The build up to the confession (be it romantic or as a friend) was way too fast even though the music and scenery was there, it just didn't work out.

But can I just say one thing? The music... That's still a 10/10 for me especially at the credits! The instrumental with rain? You got me there.

β˜†  PlayStation: KoitoTV
β˜†  Discord: Koito
β˜†  Twitch Koito
β˜†  @Koito91
Dec 5, 2020 11:30 AM

Jun 2020
how does a man go from making angel beats to this trash, jesus christ the hacking was so retarded it actually hurt, the quantum computer chip in hina's brain was what got her terminal illness that has a severe effect on her entire body fixed????????? how did this ever leave this man's head, who approved this what the fuck

I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are.

Dec 5, 2020 11:31 AM

Jan 2018
Dec 5, 2020 11:32 AM

Aug 2014
Something is of with me this show. There is no impact or make me feel nothing. I always feel Something of the earlier works. Charlotte was not so much. But air, clannad, little busters, angel they were like a knife to the heart. This is not even close to many shows.
Dec 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Jun 2017
Pretty juicy episode. It's too late for Suzuki to regret things now since the damage is already done.

Now will they asspull save Hina or not, that is the big question. Saving her would be neat imo but we were promised sad things so I won't hold any hopes. It also seems like this will be sad for just the sake of it and not because the plot really required or warranted it.
Dec 5, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Ventus_S said:
See, without proper build up and tone management, the transition from light comedy into serious plot is extremely jarring, as if we're watching two different anime.

This has to be the worst episode this serie has to offer because of how they handle the previous episodes. It feels out of place , forced, and cheap.

The genius guy's past story is thrown in so quickly too without proper buildup.
It's hard to care about his backstory/ suffering because the anime never gave us a reason to in the first place.

The "end of world" revelation for Hina is super boring / generic too.
This has got to be the worst confession I've ever seen in any anime.
I CANNOT stop rolling my eyes when Yota confess to Hina because it is so extremely out of place and jarring.
I can't believe the same studio/ dev who write Angel Beats/ Nagi-Asu will produce a drama love story this terrible.

This anime is by far my most disappointed anime of the season.

Angel Beats has its flaw but the tone and buildup is always at the right note that we really care about these characters, and the transition and revolation feels rewarding / touchy instead of being cliche/ forced like in this serie.

I just couldnt agree more
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Dec 5, 2020 11:38 AM

Oct 2015
Has Maeda, Jun been making stories this cheesy since Angel Beats and I only enjoyed it cuz it was 10 years ago? I'm inclined to believe this is true because the drama in this anime doesn't hit at all, no character is interesting besides Hina, and all scenes are rushed with no room to let the emotions settle.
Dec 5, 2020 11:44 AM
Sep 2020
QuynhNhu said:

agree, it came off fairly platonic as friend/family to me as well.

Wonder where its going from here. There's three episodes, so I predict more deaths.
Dec 5, 2020 11:55 AM
Oct 2019
I really want to like this show so much but its just not happening. I find hina annoying af and that confession was just so stupid. I really hope it was just like a 'i love you like family' type thing and not actual romance cause that just makes 0 sense. Izanamis episode is still the best episode and nothing still comes close to it
Dec 5, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
I love this show but is it just me or this episode was kind of underwhelming? I feel that everything happened too fast, Hina finding out the truth, her friends barely having time to react, the shady guys appearing out of nowhere, Hina and Youta running away... It also happened with Charlotte, I feel that Jun Maeda is unable to give a more natural tone to the change between the fluff and the seriousness of the last episodes, at least in 12 episodes.

Even the "I love you", it was nice but it doesn't hit hard. Maybe it's the lack of emotion in Hina's actions and words and her lack of understanding but I love her so much and would like to feel more attached to her. That said, it's not like I won't cry when there's a scene like Izanami's mother's farewell but with Hina xD.

One thing I didn't expect was that the hacker guy would be a good guy, that's nice. Three episodes left, knowing who Jun Maeda is I don't expect a happy ending but hope never dies.
Dec 5, 2020 11:56 AM

Aug 2018
I wish this show would just stay as comedy because that is what Jun Maeda is good at. I really dislike the forced melodrama that he puts in all his shows
_______I like rocks__
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

167 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 20, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

308 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 16, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2020

169 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 4, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.