Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2008 5:51 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't see why what Yano did was such a big deal. Nana has a right to be mad, but not like that. Yano did the right thing. It's unfortunate that it had to land on the special day they planned though.
Oct 8, 2008 3:03 PM

May 2008
I agree. I would get mad too but he didn't go out with her for fun or something..He went to the hospital. And I give Yano a bonus for telling the truth.
Oct 9, 2008 3:50 AM

Aug 2008
Give me a break. Why she is so stubborn? Sometimes I cry when they are making such as hopeless mistakes...
jotkaOct 11, 2008 2:37 PM
Mar 16, 2009 1:07 PM

Dec 2008
-.-

They should have just ended it at Episode 20.
Jun 1, 2009 10:24 PM

May 2008
indeed Yano did the right thing, and Nana is just jealous of Yamamoto cause she said that she would probably not get angry if it was some other girl

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 23, 2009 11:07 PM
Apr 2008
Well, I'm finally starting to finish up this series, and with this episode, how are they going to finish it? It feels way too rushed now... Hope they pull off something amazing.

So far though, the series has been pretty great, from what I remember...
Jun 30, 2009 10:25 AM

Mar 2009
I think Nanamis reaction was justified and right. Yamamoto had no right to call Yano because whats happens to her mother is no concern of Yanos and it was out of selfishness because she loves him and deep down she knew he would come if she asked him.

Jul 27, 2009 6:12 AM
Jun 2009
Well, she doesn't have anyone else to lean at a time when the only other person she has left is her mother (I don't really like Yamamoto either, but I can understand her actions). Nana has a right to be upset but her reasoning for it is insensible, first time in the series where I felt like she was being overly stubborn. Getting close to the end, makes me kind of sad. >_<
Sep 10, 2009 12:00 AM

Aug 2008
This episode made me feel really sad :(

Feb 23, 2010 8:23 AM

Dec 2008
I was pretty indifferent with Nanami, but now I'm beginning to hate her. Sure, she can feel disappointed with that it happened on their special day, but she shouldn't be getting that upset. Yano was just helping Yamamoto in her time of need when her mom was in the hospital and Yano did tell her the truth.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Mar 15, 2010 9:13 AM
Oct 2009
nana is being sooo selfish, i thought that she'd go there too ..!
Apr 1, 2010 5:06 AM

Jan 2008
Yano indeed did the right thing. Who the hell with a bit of brain, would leave a girl alone, whose mother is hospitalized because of unknown reasons. I don´t like Yamamoto but i felt a tad bit sorry for her, when they told, that she had no relatives anymore and such.
Plus Yano told Nanami directly what was going on.
To a certain point i could understand Nanamis thoughts about the whole situations she was in with Yano, but now i just wanna smack her. >.>"

Sep 17, 2010 2:10 PM

Jan 2010
god damn it now nana's starting to annoy the hell out of me...

i don't like this twist much,it wasn't too realistic,either this or both Nana and Takeuchi are dumb

but still 5/5 because it was very entertaining :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 29, 2010 11:55 PM

Jul 2010
Alicia3000 said:
I think Nanamis reaction was justified and right. Yamamoto had no right to call Yano because whats happens to her mother is no concern of Yanos and it was out of selfishness because she loves him and deep down she knew he would come if she asked him.
Exactly. Yamamoto could have called some other friend. And if someone wants to say she doesn't have any other friends because no one in the school seems to like her, well isn't that her fault for always beind so cold? Karma. What's she thinking confessing her feelings to Yano when her mom is in the freaking hosipital and when he's already in a relationship? I have no idea how anyone can sympathize with her.

I just wanted to scream at Yano, "Dude, what are you doing? You were being so careful with your relationship and now you're ruining it! How can you be so DUMB?!" Unnecessary drama? Check please.
Oct 31, 2010 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
Nana is being selfish but she has the right to be upset. Yamamoto doesn't really cares so much for her mom I mean her mom is in the hospital and she is telling Yano that she likes him, what is that?
Dec 1, 2010 6:55 PM

May 2010
cmon you can't hate nana for this. we're talking about yamamoto here. remember how she felt when yano told her they had sex? this is just as bad..

if anyone's to hate here it's that idiot takeuchi for leaving that chisa girl, his girlfriend, all alone! and on top of that, comforting nana cause he knows she's vulnerable. takeuchi has become the worst :|
Dec 9, 2010 6:31 AM

Jul 2010
I'm sorry but that the sort of thing that would make me call a girl a bitch. What kind of care of person wouldn't do what Yano did? Shes being completely selfish and I hope she realizes that.
Dec 24, 2010 10:45 PM

Oct 2008
Oh my god. Nanami is such an overdramatic drama queen. HE'S GONE TO CHECK ON A FRIEND. Selfish girl.

Yano also told her the truth. Urghhh, makes me want to strangle her.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 5, 2011 3:34 PM

Dec 2009
I agree, Nanami is too dam selfish here, she's becoming too much like Yano. (Yes I really am a Yano hater). Why the hell do they get pissed off of each other for the littlest things? Like really -_- and I'm starting to dislike this Takeuchi x Nanami thing. Takeuchi deserves so much better than her.
Aug 7, 2011 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
Ha, everything was supposedly going fine and Nanami screws up the thing.

… Sincerely, for the first time, I’ll say Yano did something good in his life; and I don’t give a damn if Yamamoto was actually planning that to be able to confess to Yano, she’s got her mother on the hospital and nobody else to rely on, why would that be so hard to comprehend? Nanami is making a fuss over nothing and acting like a total drama queen. It’s not as if they planned the sleep-over one month in advance, either. She has the rights to be upset, yes, but not be a dumb, selfish crybaby over Yano.

If you’re unhappy with him, he’s not your guy, leave the relationship. How difficult is it to think clearly? Geez. Huff, at least it gave Take the chance. Thanks for that, you complicated teenagers.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 22, 2011 4:49 AM

Sep 2010
I can understand Nana-chan. I mean, after all, it was Yuri. She just felt like Yano chose Yamamoto over her.
Take-kun, you went to girl who was crying and left other to cry. What? XD At least, I'm happy he came first, maybe Nana-chan will give him a chance now.
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Jan 2, 2012 11:18 AM

Jan 2011
What Yano did was the right thing to do, and he acted honestly and fairly. Cant believe Im saying this, but he is THE ONLY ONE who acted right in this episode.
I can understand Yuri, a lot of people would have acted the same way. With all that happened I can understand her feelings taking over at this moment. Yes, it did look bad, she was wrong and pretty much could have ruined the life of the one she loved. But Yano had to take responsibility for what he did sooner or later, that cross he has to bear. And to boot, he did it the right way.
I can understand Nanami, but she overreacted. BIG TIME. She acted like pure drama queen, with no faith in her boyfriend and zero confidence in herself. Sorry, but you cant maintain stable relationship like that.
And in the end - Takeuchi. Its not really clear what he did, he didnt actually say anything out loud. He is wrong to side with Nanami here, but hes always too soft towards her, so... Still, I dont think he will make a move here, he didnt before when he actually had real reasons to...
AlexGKJan 2, 2012 11:50 AM
Jan 19, 2012 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
I hate Yamamoto, I don`t like Yano, but I think Yano did the right thing. Despite the Nanas reaction I love her so far and I want her to be with Yano even though he is selfish. I think it is great couple. So, answer me, WHY THE HELL TAKEUCHY DO ALL THIS CRAP?!

This anime making me feel very uset. Y U NO ended at ep 4?!ToT
Apr 7, 2012 2:39 AM

Mar 2009
Yano shouldn't have left Nana for that. It's like he prioritized Yamamoto over his own girl.
May 5, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Alicia3000 said:

I agree with this as well, if anything, the best would be to take Nanami with him to the hospital instead of abandoning her on short notice. I don't get all the hate for Nanami here, I mean, I actually do feel for her =X.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 18, 2012 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
I'm starting to find Take annoying
May 27, 2012 3:58 AM
Aug 2011
Yamamoto isn't just a friend, she's been in love with Yano since elementary or so.
I mean Yano couldn't have left her alone, but Nanami isn't some sort of moral superhero who's supposed to tolerate everything. Ofourse she freaked out, those two slept together.
Sep 6, 2012 3:00 AM

Aug 2010
Anisamar said:
Ha, everything was supposedly going fine and Nanami screws up the thing.

… Sincerely, for the first time, I’ll say Yano did something good in his life; and I don’t give a damn if Yamamoto was actually planning that to be able to confess to Yano, she’s got her mother on the hospital and nobody else to rely on, why would that be so hard to comprehend? Nanami is making a fuss over nothing and acting like a total drama queen. It’s not as if they planned the sleep-over one month in advance, either. She has the rights to be upset, yes, but not be a dumb, selfish crybaby over Yano.

If you’re unhappy with him, he’s not your guy, leave the relationship. How difficult is it to think clearly? Geez. Huff, at least it gave Take the chance. Thanks for that, you complicated teenagers.

THIS.
Dec 29, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2011
This should have ended in the previous episode. Their fighting is getting annoying.
Both of them were right though to a some extent.
Feb 5, 2013 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
No one cares about Take-kun's girlfriend it seems...
Jul 18, 2013 1:55 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Nanami is a fickle bitch, Takeuchi has no self-control, Yano is a dumbass for being alone with another girl other than Nanami, Yamamoto shouldn't have said something like that out of nowhere. Fuck this shit. Especially Takeuchi and Nana. They can go fuck themselves. This is the first time anime has ever made me legitimately mad. Fuck this. I'm still going to watch it just to finish it, but these people are the dumbest fucks.

Dec 14, 2013 2:01 AM

Jun 2012
seriously right now i am so mad Nanami can drop death for me she is saying Yano doesn't trying to understand me but she is the one not trying to understand him at all i mean he even spoke the truth to her. Take had good timing here and Yano was dumb for calling him he could knew this would happen its like Yano is provoking Take to go there same when he said don't give up on her i wouldn't tel my friend don't give up on my gf.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 8, 2014 8:06 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah Nana's being selfish and needs to get over herself.

Apr 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
It would be cute if it wasn't so f***** annoying!
Seriously, everyone in this anime is starting to be so stupid.
Even Takeuchi, my favourite, is becoming kinda annoying for me.
Yano did the right thing. Nana could go there and stay with them. I undestand why she's sad, but that was too much. She was so stupidly cute, but now is starting to be a character that people can easily hate.
Is so dramatic without a reason. To me it looks so childish
DeskachanApr 9, 2014 11:16 AM
May 20, 2014 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck Takeuchi.

This anime is starting to make me so mad.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 3, 2014 3:44 AM
Oct 2013
little torn on this one. I mean kudos to Yano for being for a 'friend' and for telling his gf the truth. However to Nanami it looks like your choosing your dead ex-gf mom over your current gf. I mean they broke up because he wasn't over her and now he rushes to the family he should have no ties with anymore. Yano's big thing was not betray me but in essence that's what he just did. Either way its morally a Catch-22.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Jul 12, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2012
ALL THAT CAN GO TO HELL!!! FUCK YEAH!! Im glad I didnt drop this. It was worth it to see Yano's stunned face. Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Yano.

EDIT: If your a TakeuchiXNanami fan I recommend you drop it here. This is about the best its going to get for him.
Sol_OuJul 12, 2014 3:23 PM
Aug 15, 2014 8:00 AM

Dec 2012
Even though there was nothing wrong with what Yano did, I can understand why Nanami reacted the way she did. Like she said, this wasn't just any other friend, this was Yuri, Nana's younger sister. She was probably scared that Yano was starting to waver and choose the dead Nana over her again. After all, he tried to use Yuri as a replacement once and so him choosing her over Nanami on their special day probably threw her into that mind set.

It's also important to understand where Yuri is coming from. Her confession was a culmination of all of the time she spent trying to hate and ignore Yano. But when he came rushing to the rescue to be by her side, she didn't want to lose that. She probably knew it was futile, but she was so desperate and torn.

I really like what Takeuchi says at the end. "You like him and he likes you. It's perfect. But...you're crying." I wasn't expecting the love triangle to come back and now I'm really skeptical about what's going to happen from here since this has been 10/10 material for me so far and I don't want to see it sink on an excessively beaten dead horse.
Jul 19, 2015 12:59 AM

Nov 2014
Ugh Nana makes me mad. It's annoying how she's so constantly jealous. Staying at the hospital with his friend is the right thing to do, AND he didn't even lie about it! It's obvious that after all that's happened they still don't trust each other.
BlackFox24Jul 19, 2015 1:07 AM
Feb 6, 2016 2:30 PM
Jan 2011
Yano and Nana are both way too self centered, immature, and emotional. I feel bad for Takeuchi since he is stuck in the middle and is only treated a friend when it is convenient for them. Takeuchi's character seems only there to be canon fodder, he deserves better than that.
May 15, 2016 2:59 AM

May 2013
Wow. When I was 17, I wasn't that thoughtless and selfish. Nana is so stupid. She's really getting on my nerves. I didn't mind her until this episode, really >___>

Take really does deserve WAY better than her. What about Nana is so appealing again? Smh. What a plain, childish bitch. If you can't even handle this much, you shouldn't even be in a relationship you dumbass girl.
May 15, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2013
With this episode, the tension has reached the levels of a good Korean live action drama. Really intense episode. Enjoyed it, but it was also uncomfortable.
Jan 19, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2013
This situation SUCKS, it's the absolute WORST. Yano did almost nothing wrong. Told her specifically what the situation was. Was polite to Yuri, and ignored her love confession, then came running to find Nanami. Just a bit too slow.

Still an intense and suspenseful episode.
Jan 30, 2017 9:20 PM

May 2009
I think what Yuri did was at first wrong but it made sense though she didn't seem to want Yano to leave after he stayed with her anyway. Kind of selfish. Nanami is starting to get annoying. Well, she was annoying during their break up. Poor Take. I wish he would move on with some nice girl already. This chick obviously has him around her finger more than Yano is.
Apr 26, 2018 8:10 PM

Feb 2010
I think Yano is both right and wrong, and I do think Nanami was stubborn, but it's not like she has no reason to be.

If I'm in Yano's shoes, of course, I go to Yamamoto after she calls me telling me her mom collapsed, and I'd go and help everywhere it's possible. But Yano is not supposed to be a pillar of support for Yamamoto. He can't be the close friend, most definitely not the boyfriend and he's not family either. So his job should've stopped much sooner. By the time he calls Nanami, he should've been free to go. Had he gone immediately after that call, I think everything would've been fine, but he actually stayed a lot longer.

Now, because of the things Yano did wrong there, I understand Nanami being mad. Yamamoto is basically the one person who could've chained that reaction from Nanami, and Yano should know that. Actually, considering his past, he should know it better than no one. Sure, she overreacted, and that was wrong, but I can sort of understand it.

I don't think Takeuchi did anything wrong here though. I mean, I feel sorry for the girl, who seems to be a really good girl (from what little we've seen, a girl I'd probably take before Nanami), but from the moment that "relationship" began, the girl knew her position was bad, and she certainly knew Takeuchi didn't love her at all. I praise her for doing all she could for getting a shot at it, and Takeuchi did try it to get his mind off Nanami, but this whole situation and that call helped him realized that it wasn't that easy, and that know he'd rather fight for Nanami. He actually apologized to the girl, was never actually unfaithful to her or something and stopped the relationship at a point where it really hadn't gone anywhere. Ok, maybe he did a mistake by starting that relationship, but again, I can understand it. He loves Yano as a friend, and thought he had to forget about Nanami, everything he did was because he really is stupidly good as a person, just like back when Yano and Nanami broke. He did say he was going to steal her and all that, but in the end, he helped them back together thinking it was for the best. I can understand Takeuchi here, and his position has to hurt a lot.

If there's one thing that has impressed me so far in this series (lets see if it lasts until the end, or if I jinx it with this paragraph) is the fact that no one has been unfaithful in this series (I'm not counting dead Nana, who might've been unfaithful in the past, but it's not clear and it's not our current love triangle). I think that's pretty impressive considering everything that has happened in this weird love square.

Mistakes have been made. A lot. But they feel human, they feel like mistakes done by good people.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 29, 2019 2:38 PM
Feb 2019
eh, i understand both sides. but i wish nanami didnt have to date yano. he has way too much baggage. its too much, i wish she would end up with takeuchi :(
Jun 5, 2020 2:02 AM

Dec 2014
Annoying episode, really making me dislike every character now. This was the one right thing Yano did throughout the whole show.

Yano was honest and very considerate. While I do understand that is somewhat reasonable for Nanami to get jealous, another completly different thing is to act immature and ignore him. He was supporting someone in a hard moment.
Don't get me wrong, I think what Yamamoto did was not right. I understand she has no family or friends to rely on, and that was a tough situation on her, but it was not the moment to selfishly confess her feelings.

And Take, he shouldn't even be thinking about Nanami this time, it was made clear she has no feelings for him. I don't know what would make you think that after she has a bit of a fight with Yano, that she would in any way want to end up with him. Nanami's whole character is being in love with Yano.
I feel bad for his new girl aswell. She did not deserve to be treated like that on their date. Don't go out with someone if you still can't get over your feelings for someone else. That was basically the first 16 episodes of the series.

I would have understood these reactions better, had this happened earlier in their relationship, but at this point, I think Nanami just acted dumb.

"Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard."
Nov 22, 2020 7:18 AM

Feb 2019
I feel quite conflicted, but after thinking about it and further towards the end of the episode, I became more convinced that what Yano did was wrong. Helping Yuri a bit was okay, but to wait so long and leave Nana out in the cold? Who is more important to Yano? Yuri or Nana? And he knows Nana has insecurities about Yuri, because of what they did (had sex, that is). And what is Yano's responsibility to Yuri? Or to Yuri's mom? Because they are his ex's family?

There are limits I think.
Jun 24, 2021 8:05 PM

Jan 2021
YES. GO FOR IT TAKEUCHI. YOU'RE BEST BOI

Is Nana being unreasonable? yea..... but Yano should've left when he saw how much it upset her. What about Nana? She's his first priority. Especially when it's next to another girl he's slept with. Like Take said - why does it have to be you? and all he did was give Yamamoto false hope.

Besides, Yano has BEEN giving Yamamoto too much attention lately. wtf does he think? he should've occupied his time trying to win Nana back. too bad.
Jul 1, 2022 4:01 AM
Apr 2020
FVCK.. the drama on this anime is VERY BIG THING, HUH? With only 5 episodes left, I'm not sure anymore that this will lead to a good end.

Yano's action was pretty bad. He knows that her girlfriend is pretty stubborn and won't leave in there no matter what unless he shows there, but he still chose the b***h Yamamoto.

WELL everything that is happening now is pretty realistic. Everyone's decisionin this episode wws pretty worthless. I don't care how will this end anymore.. Will just finish this series and regret watching this... I'll probably give this a really low rate...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.