Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2020 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kinda strange how a sudden fax stirs up the amount of drama this episode. Seems like there's a small bits of mystery or somewhat.

Minare seems more focused than ever though on her work. But even among the drama, I love how the characters continues sell their reactions, especially during the phone scenes. This anime just has its own way of entertaining the viewers.

Can't wait to how much more they plan to develop the rest of the story.
May 8, 2020 12:06 PM

Apr 2016
Oh man i can't wait for the next week conclusion to this ridiculous "interview".
May 8, 2020 12:09 PM

Feb 2019
Jeez time’s flying, we’re already halfway through this. Saddens me

Damn Makie’s backstory is horrible, no wonder she was sleeping in the restaurant. The tension’s building with she Minare and Nakahara. I wish Minare would just be honest with herself about her feelings

“He must be gay” Lmaoo, or he could just be socially awkward Minare

On second thought, this may be best ship

Damn no wonder that dude’s been acting so weird, he’s got to deal with a rotting meat storage right above him that’s probably began sleeping through the ceiling. His depression must’ve kept him from actually complaining about it

Another great episode. Halfway through and I think the 7.01 is criminally low for this show on MAL. Been really refreshing and relatable so far. Can’t wait to see the “conclusion” to this investigation next week :)

[Highlight](https://imgur.com/a/CyJA246) of the ep for me
May 8, 2020 12:35 PM

Feb 2017
Maybe the person on the next floor is a murderer?
but ... why would the blood fall only at that hour?
corpses hidden beneath the floor?
May 8, 2020 12:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not bad, a lot of character development, some scenes were funny
May 8, 2020 12:56 PM
Sep 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Minare fault again. Maybe she forget about meat she left in the sink before she move out. And the meat got rotten and the sink leak into Oki's room.
May 8, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2008
THIS!
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
THIS HERE IS WAVE BIGGEST PROBLEM!

Genius mangaká Mr. Hiroaki Samura crafted such deep and smart story that the multitude of "mr. Oki" who watches anime regularly is biologically unable to processes and understand how funny this is!

phantomfandom said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Minare fault again. Maybe she forget about meat she left in the sink before she move out. And the meat got rotten and the sink leak into Oki's room.

Since the first episode I see people complaining about the pacing, about the characters that appeared for some seconds without introduction, things that didn't had a follow up.
People unable to follow a dynamic script that it's built piece by piece at it's own pace. What happened at the end of the episode was the culmination of a bunch of little details that were being planted since the beginning.
Remember the red stain on Minare's hand from the first episode?

This was a funny manga to reread and will be a funny anime to rewatch.

Also, the animation is already good, and by the previous looks like the next episode will be specially well animated.
PaninaManinaMay 8, 2020 1:11 PM
May 8, 2020 1:16 PM

Apr 2012
nice cliffhanger, i actually can't wait to find out what is going on
May 8, 2020 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
If all her ideal radio shows are gonna be like this, then it's gonna be real entertaining. Cannot wait for next week.
May 8, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2013
It's been a wile since I had this much fun. This show is constantly getting better. Can't wait to see the outcome of this investigation.
PaninaManina said:
[...] will be a funny anime to rewatch.

Also, the animation is already good, and by the previous looks like the next episode will be specially well animated.

Yeah, it should be even better when all the pieces fall in their place, it's wildly random atm.
Ellenwitch said:
If all her ideal radio shows are gonna be like this, then it's gonna be real entertaining. Cannot wait for next week.

That made me want to check out night radio shows IRL.
matheoo41May 8, 2020 1:26 PM
May 8, 2020 1:49 PM

May 2015
phantomfandom said:

Didn't she say she lived diagonally above his apartment? Right above him should be the other neighbor she brought salmon to.

May 8, 2020 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
Ten said:
phantomfandom said:

Didn't she say she lived diagonally above his apartment? Right above him should be the other neighbor she brought salmon to.

Yes, this is the important detail, Minare lived at the "wrong" apartment, can't be her fault at least not in this way.
This plot runs deeper.
May 8, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2019
lol it went from a comedy/drama to a thriller real quick

I wonder what's the deal with the dude.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
May 8, 2020 2:29 PM

Mar 2019
That was an okay episode, the mysterious atmosphere was interesting
May 8, 2020 2:33 PM

Nov 2016
Love the yuri running gags.

Hilarious as always, but I'm also really intrigued to find out what's going on.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 8, 2020 3:25 PM

May 2015
skipped chapters 12-13-14-15-16-17-18
May 8, 2020 3:30 PM

Sep 2017
Damn that brother was seriously fucked up. Also pretty weird cliff hanger. It's prob like rotten meat seeping through the floor somehow.
May 8, 2020 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
they had to end it right here, cant wait to see how this plays out lol...that upstairs neighbor Minare sent salmon to has to have something to do with it

i love the dialogue and the execution from the actors. its really making this show.

i also lol at the common trope of adult female characters being insane reckless reckless drivers
May 8, 2020 7:03 PM

Apr 2009
God damn the banter between Matou and Minare are great.
Most underrated show of the season.
May 8, 2020 7:14 PM
Oct 2018
Man, direction in this episode was incredibly amazing. There were a lot of both funny and epic scenes due to the use of designs, angles or drawing styles that intensified the situation very effectively. Also loved Nakahara's sister personality, she's very straight to the point and has a very realistic point of insensible sagacity that builds her as a relatable character. Considering the step down taken by Yesterday wo Utatte, that is taking is time to develop the characters before starting the real drama, Nami Yo Kiitekure is right now the anime I most enjoy this season together with Kakushigoto.
Akkarin! Hai!
May 8, 2020 7:16 PM
Oct 2018
nanashi796 said:
there is something really important going in in this chapters or it was ok cutting them?
Akkarin! Hai!
May 8, 2020 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
Can't wait to finally see the conclusion to this dripping blood. I don't get why it had to hint at it so early in the series but now we're here I can't wait to see where it goes!
May 8, 2020 10:07 PM
Aug 2018
This episode

????????????????????????????????????????
May 8, 2020 10:26 PM

Jul 2017
DAYUM, Minare's not taking second thoughts, and Nakahara, you're still going for her? What a low brow man...

And a surprising call from her dad, that's something if it takes her presence far.

Persona111 said:
nanashi796 said:
there is something really important going in in this chapters or it was ok cutting them?
Only Nakahara's family part is covered in Chap 12, that's all. As for skipped content, there's no right or wrong answer, but it'll be nice to get them adapted as well, just the shuffling of orders and don't need to be 1-for-1 with the manga.

Nakahara's family, more than the eccentric kind, nice to know their feelings though (especially his sister's). Onto Minare's family though, very strict and not so conservative.

Mr. Oki though...the trauma between him and Minare still lingers from that one time. But Nakahara...man, he's the MVP adding onto Minare's job. Apparently, Minare's radio broadcast that one time brought a trigger onto Oki's life (which was last episode's occult/terror scene that was funnily frightening). This time, taking Mizuho for the ride, and they got more than what they bargained for.

What it is though, next week! Pretty high-octane and funny episode as usual.
May 8, 2020 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
I think the walls are bleeding due to Minare hiding her damn fish that her mother sends her. Lol. That or the meat she gave her neighbor has been rotting into His downstairs as well.

Pretty funny episode. Slightly less then last week but still good.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 8, 2020 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
Man, it gave me goose bumps when the ceiling started dripping blood. Can anyone recommend some occult stuff like that? I've seen Another and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.
May 9, 2020 1:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gee, that was one tense cliffhanger right there! Minare-san living diagonally on top probably rules her out but I'm betting it'll come down to her ultimately because why not xD. Nakahara-san called it earlier, and I just knew we'd be seeing that mad folk again.

"It only goes to show how deep and immense his struggle is." - lmfao, this is just gold! Couldn't stop snorting when he started to break down out of the blue without any explanations, I'm sorry. He's had it rough, real rough...

Minare's parents totally live in different worlds lol, that's exactly my first impression. Certainly runs in the family it seems, Nakahara-san.

Tachibana-san's brother is a serious lost cause, I must say. I wonder how things will pan out on this front. Meanwhile, it turns out that there really is nothing between Nakahara-san and Tachibana-san unsurprisingly. Just an act of goodwill on his part but Minare-san's misunderstanding continues lol.

Sweet little moment between Minare-san and Nanba-san there too btw lol (yuri flags strong on this one most certainly) and I really enjoyed her conversation with the Director-san. It's going to be interesting to see what's next in store for us and I'm particularly curious to see how "Nami, yo Kiitekure" will fare on this and future endeavors.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 9, 2020 1:51 AM

Feb 2019
Okay, that's pretty weird (not that I'm complaining, just didn't expect this sort of development). Is this supernatural or just a normal mystery?
May 9, 2020 1:59 AM

Jun 2015
The series continues to be very enjoyable! Minare's voice actress is the bomb, I really like how she portrays the character! Everyone else is fitting too. The sudden occult mystery was a bit weird development, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens! Damn cliffhangers lol
May 9, 2020 3:08 AM

Jun 2013
That was a hilarious episode. I love it whenever Minare goes off on a tangent and tries to seduce her roommate albeit jokingly.

I'm sure that blood leaking is from defrosted meat or something from someone's defrosting meat storage or refrigerator.
臭い-
May 9, 2020 4:37 AM

Oct 2017
I love this development, can't wait to see what's actually happening lol. Pretty sure it will be some sort of hilarious conclusion.
May 9, 2020 6:11 AM

Feb 2008

Yes please.

It is nice to know that the radio has shinto ritual gear readily available. Minare and Mizuho went though all the trouble only to be brushed aside.

Understandably, though, as that Oki fellow sure has it rough. Although I bet it is Minare's handiwork again.

Some speculation below.

May 9, 2020 6:11 AM

Apr 2014
Thats a very... interesting, place to end an episode for a show like this. Whatever it is, I kinda hope its somehow Minare's fault
May 9, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2016
Led_Wayline said:

Probably. I didn't remember it, but one of the first posters in this thread already mentioned it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2020 8:33 AM
Apr 2018
This is intriguing! That cliffhanger damn I'm gonna wait for another week.
May 9, 2020 9:13 AM

Mar 2008
You people may want this (more in the spoiler):

May 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2018
Ugh. Looks like I'll be waiting for that cliffhanger. I hope it won't be that ironic.

May 9, 2020 10:28 AM
Jul 2017
PaninaManina said:

Remember the red stain on Minare's hand from the first episode?

They cleared that up in episode 2. Minare used lipstick to thumb-print her declaration that Mr Mato could use her rant on the radio
May 9, 2020 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
Words escape me. This show is mad but brilliant. And that ending song. Found it on youtube with eng subtitles by original singer. Such an amazing song which fits with the show. Good stuff.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 9, 2020 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode, but the visuals do continue to take a decline. Not a massive problem for me, but the lack of polish is a shame, but I'm still glad it's airing. It's continued to be rock solid.
May 9, 2020 11:47 AM

May 2018

Oh look it's that creepy guy again.
May 9, 2020 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! friggin' cliffhanger!
that was a bit scary!
keep it up!
5/5!

May 9, 2020 11:33 PM
Dec 2018
another great episode. I like how they deliver the comedy for their serious situation and yeah this will turn to another drama comedy about Minare. I could say this most underrated series of the season and Im glad their airing episode didnt affect by corona. cant wait for next one.
May 10, 2020 2:44 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode again. Actually think the blood might Minare's fault, maybe she left something in her room rotting, lol.
Also, not just Minare, a lot of the voice acting in this show is excellent.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 10, 2020 5:49 AM

Mar 2008
GanguroGal said:

They cleared that up in episode 2. Minare used lipstick to thumb-print her declaration that Mr Mato could use her rant on the radio

Damn... you're right.
At least made sense in my head. (◞‸◟)
May 10, 2020 8:15 AM

Sep 2011
So Minare's new income still isn't enough for her to leave the curry restaurant behind. xD Now, this one is usually over the top and I'm having a hard time not knowing if I should take something seriously or not to be honest, but Tachibana's brother is bad news if he really kept her captive like that and it would be weird to see it being downplayed, but time will tell. Now poor Shinji. I doubt there's a rotten corpse or something up there, so it must somehow be a piece of meat or something that Minare left behind there quite a while ago since she lived above him. lol Or not, but either way this is going to be a funny second episode for her program. xD I love that she dressed as an onmyouji and that Mizuho dressed as a miko too. A pity that the listeners can't see it since it's radio, but maybe a photo will end up in the blog Mizuho mentioned or something. Oh, and Minare's parents are really something. Her father seems like a lost cause, and her mother seems pretty intense. Minare really is kind of heartless though. I mean, it might be useless to her, but her father sent her a radio, which seems like an antique and might have some meaning to him, or not, and the first thing she wants to do is to sell it. lol I wouldn't want to receive salmon like that though. lol And it seems that the person Minare reminds Matou-san of died in an accident...
May 10, 2020 1:03 PM
Dec 2019
I thought this was about a girl on the radio, not a crime mystery anime lmao
May 10, 2020 8:34 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Totally random Python namedrop? Now i love this show even more! 😁
gappasaurusMay 10, 2020 9:16 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 10, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
Guess my humour is pretty basic. I was totally expecting some joke about Mizuho's "virginity" when Minare started talking about pure maidens and stuff. Oh well.

Also, Tachibana's past was revealed and... I couldn't take it seriously but guess that was the intention, maybe? Anyways, it seems I was right and nothing is happening between her and Nakahara.

Entertaining episode overall. Really interested in seeing how this "interview" will conclude next week but I can't help but think Minare had something to do with this bizarre and bloody situation Shinji is going through.
May 11, 2020 12:58 AM

Apr 2012
Marinate1016 said:
“He must be gay” Lmaoo, or he could just be socially awkward Minare

Lol, fandom literally lives by believing that gays and lesbians are any shy, or vice versa, too friendly characters.

FMmatron said:
Love the yuri running gags.

Hilarious as always, but I'm also really intrigued to find out what's going on.

My favorite moment is when Minare will kindly “touch” her to show how friendship between people works. If I understood that scene from raws correctly, of course.

@_MushiRock11_ Mizuho is already in love with one of the male characters, so alas. Despite the rather weird fetishes, the author is rather old-fashioned in this matter.
RobertBobertMay 11, 2020 1:06 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

131 by michidicchy »»
Oct 14, 11:38 PM

» How I should Read the Manga After the Anime?

LucasChristyan - Jun 20, 2020

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Aug 7, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.