Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yashuo has need of his stand. I can't wait to see who is in the tree. We have the rest of story from the last chapter too.
Jun 18, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
Dammit Araki! Wasn't SBR supposed to be about Johnny getting his life from「minus 」to「zero 」, and now he's being thrown back to「minus 」again with all the sufferings.
Jun 18, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2010
「minus 」to「zero 」

Yea! Its so unfair even with how much effort Johnny put in, and he still can't even have a nice normal life.

Chapter for anyone who wants it.
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/58lsgj3m0zq375ggyapouc6ee5fkwkq1/
AnvicaJun 18, 2013 9:57 PM
Jun 19, 2013 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
The people that chased after Johnny definitely have something to do with Funny Valentine.
Jun 19, 2013 10:53 PM

Jul 2010
LapK said:
The people that chased after Johnny definitely have something to do with Funny Valentine.
probably his agents/henchmen. Or maybe every President and their underlings have hair like that
Jun 20, 2013 2:05 AM

Jun 2009
gaptoothsailor said:
LapK said:
probably his agents/henchmen. Or maybe every President and their underlings have hair like that

Well, who wouldn't want to have hair like that?

I guess the person in the trunk is the baby?

And this chapter just destroyed my theorie about Lucy not having sealed the corpse at the end of SBR. I still don't understand how Johnny got the corpse so easily. Wasn't it supposed to be unreachable for at least 80 years or something, even by a stand user?
Jun 20, 2013 4:35 AM

Jun 2010
Excellent chapter overall, Johnny sacrificing himself to save his sons life provided him a noble end, which is a much more memorable end than "and then his head was crushed by a boulder and he died". Also I want to know who the guy in the tree is and why he's there in the first place, he's either going to be one of the Higashikata's or a completely new character.
grandy_UiD said:

And this chapter just destroyed my theorie about Lucy not having sealed the corpse at the end of SBR. I still don't understand how Johnny got the corpse so easily. Wasn't it supposed to be unreachable for at least 80 years or something, even by a stand user?

Yeah that bit confused me too, there's always the chance that the corpse wasn't sealed completely like Valentine had intended but the justification is sort of weak. It may just be as simple as Araki changing his mind when he came up with Jojolion and found a further use for the corpse here.
Jun 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
Nilvius said:
Dammit Araki! Wasn't SBR supposed to be about Johnny getting his life from「minus 」to「zero 」, and now he's being thrown back to「minus 」again with all the sufferings.

Come on, this is the curse on the Joestar is back. This is no beat the death of Jonathan.
Jun 21, 2013 2:24 AM
May 2012
No matter the world he is in, Jonathan can't have a happy life...
Jun 21, 2013 3:08 AM

Nov 2011
To be completely honest the explanation of Johnny's death wasn't as satisfying as I wished but it does create the effect of relaying the message that there's more to it. Well, he did screw himself up once again, except this time there was nobody to save his arse. It's not like he can help it though, being a Joestar just meant that fate had to drag him into a hellhole. As mentioned, how did he get the corpse? I'm guessing that Rina's disease is part of a scheme by someone (perhaps a stand attack)?

grandy_UiD said:

Well, who wouldn't want to have hair like that?

Yes, cool hair.
Jun 21, 2013 8:53 AM

Feb 2009
grandy_UiD said:
I still don't understand how Johnny got the corpse so easily. Wasn't it supposed to be unreachable for at least 80 years or something, even by a stand user?

Tusk can easily warp things, so it's not that strange. Remember how Johnny split the ground to get to the sewers? He could do the same to the gate, or use the Spin to open the lock.
Jun 21, 2013 2:52 PM

Nov 2011
I would think that the corpse room was stand-proof though - like the prison in Stone Ocean, or any old stand user could break in and that's defeating the purpose of sealing the corpse...
Jun 22, 2013 1:25 AM

Oct 2007
WTF ARAKI
Jun 23, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
Jonathan's fate is still tragic, doesn't matter which universe he lives in.

Rinso said:
grandy_UiD said:
I still don't understand how Johnny got the corpse so easily. Wasn't it supposed to be unreachable for at least 80 years or something, even by a stand user?

Tusk can easily warp things, so it's not that strange. Remember how Johnny split the ground to get to the sewers? He could do the same to the gate, or use the Spin to open the lock.

I guess so, but i'm not 100% sure about that. Also, who is that baby?
Jun 25, 2014 1:08 PM
Mar 2012
gaptoothsailor said:
LapK said:

It seemed more to me to be Lucy steel as she got an important position after the probable death of Stephen steel
Jul 27, 2014 12:20 PM
Dec 2013
Was that Lucy Steel?
Apr 17, 2016 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
Aah no, my poor boy ;_; Seriously Araki why do this. Why must the Joestars be cursed like this..this is just too fucking sad.
Jun 1, 2016 6:57 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Dammit! Even the alternate Jonathan sacrificed his life. Both Gyro and Johnny got killed... why? T_T

?/5
Sep 21, 2016 6:07 PM

Sep 2016
It's really sad to see Johnny die like that. He definitely deserved a happy life after going through all the sufferings.
But Araki's never soft on killing his characters. Among his top 10 favorite characters (during the period of part 5), he killed like 6 of them. Guess we should get used to it. After all, it's JOJO we're talking about.
Aug 21, 2017 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
The Kishibe carved on the tree Yasuho is leaning against was confusing and I have to agree with everyone else that I would've preferred a different outcome for Johnny. I'm still salty that Araki never showed us the meeting between Johnny and Gyro's dad (although I can understand that he didn't want to drag the story any further)
Sep 17, 2017 11:15 PM

Apr 2013
Just read the color scans. Loved it!
Nov 10, 2017 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
Really sad, poor Johnny. Did he have it even worse than Jonathan? I think so.

Definitely the most emotional chapter of JoJolion so far.

I liked the old man's minor role in this, they wrapped up Shakedown Road nicely, with the old man charging 3000, sort of being his way of helping/warning Josuke to not return to the dangerous place.

gaptoothsailor said:
LapK said:
Funnier Valentine, The Funniest Valentine.

Akanezora said:
Also, who is that baby?
I hope this is something the story remembers, as I'd love to know.
Nov 28, 2017 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
Johnny sacrificed himself to save his son, that's sad.
Lol, why was Yasuho so happy that she was able to lick her elbow.
And talking about licking, someone is licking her ear!
Jul 21, 2019 2:13 PM

Aug 2017
Johnny's death sent shivers down my spine. My poor boy ;_; However it might not be 100% true, I guess, since it's a legend.

I found it strange how he put a sailor's hat on top of his ordinary one. Does it have any sort of meaning or something?
St0rmbladeJul 21, 2019 2:17 PM
Dec 1, 2019 4:57 PM
Oct 2018
Nooooo this is so sad, can't he just have a happy life?
Aug 9, 2020 6:48 PM

Oct 2013
Johnny's life was short, but intense and full of tragedies. :(

Those people who chased Johnny had that specific type of haircuts. Perhaps they are somehow related to Funny Valentine? Seeking for revenge, maybe?

I have no idea how Johnny got the corpse so easily, especially if it was sealed and planned to stay like that for decades, but oh well. My theory about Lucy sealing Diego's corpse instead of the Holy Corpse was just disproved in this chapter, haha.

That kid in the last panels looks so mysterious. Was Yasuho pulled by him into that cave under this meditation pine tree?

@SnixxD, please don't spoil further chapters and don't expose some details from them about a mystery that has just appeared. :|
May 25, 2021 6:11 AM

Feb 2021
Joestars can literally never be happy... Rip goat
Jun 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
Nevermind what I said on the chapter before, THIS is the best chapter yet
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2021 10:55 AM

Oct 2012
So Johnny pretty much sacrificed his life to save his family members. At least he didn't die for nothing... Still sad though. But it really looked like he got shot, right? The illness clearly doesn't kill *that* quickly and it certainly looked like a gunshot.

What also surprised me were the gingko leaves lying around Johnny when the boulder was lying on him. Did somebody use the Shakedown Road stand to finish him off?

No idea about the identity of the baby. Could be anyone I guess.

Joshu's stand name is Nut King Cole, a pun of Nat King Cole, a classic Jazz singer. Pretty funny.
Aug 19, 2021 9:37 PM

Aug 2012
It doesn't really make any sense how that legend could even spread, who the hell besides maaayybe George know what happened in the last moments of Johnny's life? But this is definitely presented as the truth mostly, and the alternative is accepting Johnny died from a random boulder, I far prefer this version. It's more tragic, and more in-line with his character, not fully thinking through the potential consequences of his action, just wanting his wife to be cured. And when it screws up badly, Johnny does what's right to save things. Him sacrificing his life for the sake of his family is perfectly fitting.

This is probably my favourite chapter thus far, somewhat hindered by the fact that it's been six years since I've Steel Ball Run, but my general affection for the series is enough to elevate it.

The rest of this chapter was interesting, feel really bad for the situation Yasuho has wound up in.
Oct 25, 2021 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
As somebody who finished Steel Ball Run just a few weeks ago... Damn! It sucks that Johnny died so tragically. He overcame a lot of shit in his story only to be cursed. How on earth did he get the corpse, though? It was supposed to be sealed for 80 years. I thought at the end of SBR it looked like either he or Lucy had it, and that it wasn't actually sealed away. Also, in the family tree, didn't it say that Johnny and Rina had another child, besides George? When did that happen?
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 15, 2022 5:45 AM

Dec 2020
Touka said:
As somebody who finished Steel Ball Run just a few weeks ago... Damn! It sucks that Johnny died so tragically. He overcame a lot of shit in his story only to be cursed. How on earth did he get the corpse, though? It was supposed to be sealed for 80 years. I thought at the end of SBR it looked like either he or Lucy had it, and that it wasn't actually sealed away. Also, in the family tree, didn't it say that Johnny and Rina had another child, besides George? When did that happen?

No idea about the second child. And Johnny probably used Tusk, I guess? Tusk is able to split things open. It could split open the road in the Final race. And yeah, I thought Lucy had it too.
Jan 15, 2022 5:47 AM

Dec 2020
Probably the best chapter of the series so far. The Legend of Johnny Joestar will live on forever. George Joestar was Johnny's child but it is shown he had a second child too. Where is that child? And Yasuho is in a difficult situation now.
Jan 19, 2022 4:40 AM
Aug 2018
SnixxD said:
Ight, I have a really important question. Does the baby that washed up on the coast ever came back into the story, cuz as of chapter 95, i haven't seen him

Congrats! My first spoiler for part 8 even if its minor but it could have intrigued me atleast, really why tf do i bother coming to such forums and spoil myself, imma not look up any of these forums stuff until i finish let alone get accidentally spoiled big time because of thoughtlessness of guys like you

Anyway i still think that its somehow Johnny that's other part of josuke! , Kira for biological jojo and other 'johnny' as our canonical jojo to make the all powerful possibly the 2nd jojo who'll die a natural death like joseph the goat heehow
Jan 29, 2022 10:16 AM

Nov 2020
Another mystery lmao this part is full of it. Who tf is that man in the tree lol and why tf is he licking Yasuho's ear lmao so weird. That was a really sad story for Johnny, he cant have a normal life :(
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Apr 9, 2022 3:16 PM
Aug 2021
The way I like to think about it Johnny is that he's actually quite selfish. He was after the corpse to recover his legs and now he didn't care where the disease was going unless it was to his nearby family.
Jun 24, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2020
jonathan and this tragedy continues even in an alternate universe ,man that was sad
Aug 26, 2022 7:14 AM
Sep 2021
its cool to see what happend to johnny joestar after part 7 of the manga
Nov 17, 2022 2:50 AM

Jan 2011
Johnny's fate was indeed tragic, but to look at it another way, I'm sure he saw some happiness in taking the burden in place of his loved ones. And at least he got to live longer than Jonathan and actually spend some time with his son. And also got to have sex more than once.

Marloges said:
So Johnny pretty much sacrificed his life to save his family members. At least he didn't die for nothing... Still sad though. But it really looked like he got shot, right? The illness clearly doesn't kill *that* quickly and it certainly looked like a gunshot.
That was from Tusk transferring the sickness from his son to himself.

Jacksnapp said:
The Kishibe carved on the tree Yasuho is leaning against was confusing
Alright, man. I really gotta ask what you find confusing about it?
Oct 8, 2023 6:13 PM
Apr 2020
Johnny :( His story is so damn sad, RIP you legend. Anyway, wtf happened to Yasuho lmao
Nov 29, 2023 4:18 PM

Mar 2021
Damn Araki why'd you have to do my boy Johnny like that. He didn't deserve to suffer I thought he would live a happy life.
Apr 2, 12:58 PM
May 2021
No way his stand is named that💀
Jun 9, 10:01 PM
Dec 2023
Such a tragedy. Jonathan can't have a happy life in either universe.
Johnny tried to save his wife and the curse went to his son so he had no choice but to sacrifice his life to save them both. So it seems the corpse granted the leaves the stand ability.
Who's that baby?
Joshu's stand seems similar to ermes.
Someone grabbed yasuho. Wonder if its someone we know or a new character.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

23 by SrakhMoment »»
Yesterday, 1:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 45 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jul 19, 2015

21 by Johan_Liebert01 »»
Jun 14, 4:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Chapter 44 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2015

27 by Johan_Liebert01 »»
Jun 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 43 Discussion

gedata - May 22, 2015

26 by Johan_Liebert01 »»
Jun 12, 9:36 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2015

12 by Johan_Liebert01 »»
Jun 12, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.