Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 1, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
Dang it, was hoping the Shalltear scene would be in this one...at least it SHOULD be in the next one.
Feb 1, 2018 10:13 PM
Mar 2017
I feel stupid for asking... but why is Ainz fighting the lizardmen in the first place? ._.
Feb 2, 2018 3:48 AM

Sep 2014
Badass entrance from Ainz and co. wew.
Way to end the episode though "Impregnate me" I'm fucking dead ^^.
Feb 2, 2018 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
CplDarkeye said:
I feel stupid for asking... but why is Ainz fighting the lizardmen in the first place? ._.

Did you seriously not watch this episode? =_= Or remember the last season's end for the original goal?
Feb 2, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
I sure hope Ains encouraging his guardians to think for themselves won't come back to bite him in the future.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 2, 2018 11:13 AM
Jan 2016
007DragonGod said:
I was little annoyed that they skipped a little moment between ainz and shalltear. Ainz entrance was badass.

uuuuh uuuuh, I spotted a fellow manga and/or maybe Light Novel Reader.

The Scene with Shalltear is regretable but if they screw up Shallchair in the next episode Albedo won't spare them :D
Feb 2, 2018 4:20 PM
May 2014
kyled00m said:
A new favorite quote:
Crush Lulu(Overlord II [not a Hentai]): Impregnate me!

... I hope we get an animated scene of Shalltear's punishment! licks lips

xD

She is also one of my favs with Albedo.

Let's see Ains's massacre in the next

virushatter said:
007DragonGod said:
I was little annoyed that they skipped a little moment between ainz and shalltear. Ainz entrance was badass.

The Scene with Shalltear is regretable but if they screw up Shallchair in the next episode Albedo won't spare them :D

What moment? Didn't read the novel yet, I only watched season1 last week and now season 2 >.<
Feb 2, 2018 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
So finally Overlord is back. Because let's admit it, the first 3 episodes were just fillers.
Feb 2, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
thiago52192 said:
So finally Overlord is back. Because let's admit it, the first 3 episodes were just fillers.

That's a funny way of spelling world and character building >_>
Feb 3, 2018 9:51 AM
Jan 2016
Dretax said:
kyled00m said:
A new favorite quote:
Crush Lulu(Overlord II [not a Hentai]): Impregnate me!

... I hope we get an animated scene of Shalltear's punishment! licks lips

xD

virushatter said:

What moment? Didn't read the novel yet, I only watched season1 last week and now season 2 >.<

Well, to make it easier to understand just read the manga chapters of Overlord ^^ Volume 07 chapter 22

---> Hope its ok to post it here.
Feb 3, 2018 2:17 PM
May 2014
virushatter said:
Dretax said:

xD

Well, to make it easier to understand just read the manga chapters of Overlord ^^ Volume 07 chapter 22

---> Hope its ok to post it here.

Hehe that's awesome!

Thanks, I think i will be going through the manga, I don't read, but this anime just got me into it, and I must do it!
Feb 3, 2018 3:09 PM
Jan 2016
@Dretax

Damn man... stfu and go already! :D

And pick up the light novels too while you're at it!
Feb 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
It's better when Ains is actually in the anime...
Quite the show he put on.
Feb 3, 2018 3:47 PM
May 2014
virushatter said:
@Dretax

Ya mean buy them? :D
Feb 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
thiago52192 said:

That's a funny way of spelling world and character building >_>

The first season is great example of how to do world and character building right. But this is just pathetic. They try so hard to people like the Lizardman, but they are making people hate them
Feb 3, 2018 7:16 PM

Sep 2013
Wow! This episode is definitely the best of the season. Not only did Ainz and the gang finally get lots of screentime, but we finally know the purpose of the Lizardmen now. Before watching the second season, I was hearing that the Lizardmen arc was controversial and that many people thought it was useless to the plot. I completely disagree. I was super disappointed at first that the first three episodes were just these stupid lizards talking that I didn't care about, but now I have some appreciation and understanding. Should've been more patient. In my opinion, this arc is super important, because it shows that Ainz is not a hero, he is a villain. This is an important thing to establish in the series and I think that it is important to have some connection with the people he is killing to show just how evil he really is. Some people think they should display this in a shorter way, but you can't feel that bad for people you've only seen for one episode. It is important to show these people for a few episodes first. Another important thing this arc showed was the world. We had only seen Nazarick and a couple villages from when Ainz was with Nabe. That's about it. However, now we know more about certain races and we get to see Ainz's conquest from a new point of view. I just wish that this new season could be 24 episodes. Sure, I just wrote a huge-ass paragraph explaining how this arc is important, but I can't deny the fact that the first 3 episodes did bore me a lot...I want to get as much Ainz rekkage as possible in these 13 episodes that we are blessed to receive. Once this season ends I'm gonna have to get the Light Novels and read on, because I doubt this show will get a season 3 unfortunately :(
RogueTempestFeb 3, 2018 7:19 PM
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
Join Me, Pawns!
Feb 4, 2018 5:42 AM

Aug 2014
TenszNeumann said:
Wow, the royal procession was amazing, Ains really knows how to make an entrance.
im waiting for the day he does that at a humans capitol to show how weak and pathetic they are..
Feb 4, 2018 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
im glad their rushing through the lizardman arc as it was boring as hell in the manga
Feb 4, 2018 6:24 AM

Oct 2017
Best episode so far, i really hope for season 3.. i wanna see Magic Caster of Destroy arc adapted to anime
Feb 4, 2018 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
episode 4 end with word from Crusch :3
Feb 4, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2015
Cocytus doesn't want to fight the Lizard men I think he has great respect for them. They only have four hours too bad for them.

*side note* Zaryusu Impregnate me! Yho!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 5, 2018 1:10 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Best episode by far. Seeing Ains and the Guardians converse was infinitely more entertaining than any Lizardmen. Seeing Ains being a complete badass was incredibly satisfying.

Ains' awesome display of power was so cool to see. Proving that the Lizardmen are nothing but dirt beneath his feet.

So I guess we're gunna have some Lizard fucking here. Crusch is pretty cute though.
Feb 6, 2018 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit Ains' display of power was overwhelmingly awesome. Also now I get it. He's doing this to test his minions, I keep forgetting that he's still trying to figure out how close this whole thing is to the game Yggdrassil and to him these Lizard Men are nothing but low tier monsters.
Feb 7, 2018 2:31 AM

Mar 2009
That last line lmao.
L-LEWD.

Also, lol at the scene with Ains in his room. He's totally unaware Albedo was rolling around in the bed. Truly, he is living the dream...
MormegilFeb 7, 2018 2:35 AM
Feb 7, 2018 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
AivanK said:
So, i was +/- wrong because i thought that Ainz wanted to lose on purpose.
Gotta love Ainz reactions when someone tells him "but lord Ainz you probably were already expecting this and you were just testing us", and he's like "oh yes yes" hahaha
What a way to demonstrate power xD
I hope there will be more fighting scenes, especially with Ainz fighting someone.
That ending hahaha

I think you underestimated Ainz here. He really did expect that Cocytus may lose.
It wasn't by mistake that gave him that weak army.
The purpose was for Cocytus to self reflect and learn from his mistakes while at the same time it was an experiment to see if the NPC's can learn things.
Feb 7, 2018 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
CplDarkeye said:

First reason. He found human dead bodies do not be of sufficient quality to make great undead to add to Nazarick's power. So he is trying other races with better physical abilities.

Second reason: As a test to see how a guardian NPC like Cocytus will react and if he can actually learn new things from the experience and improve himself.
This will mean three things. First that NPC characters can escape their confinement settings and learn knew things etc. Second that leveling up and gaining XP is possible. Third, a guardian that isn't a doll that just executes commands and can actually improvise and improve will bring benefits to Nazarick and also since Ainz sees them as his children he is happy seeing them grow(although with the danger of losing their blind loyalty).

Third reason; He is reaching out to see more of the fighting abilities of creatures in this new world and test if there is any player hiding around.
Feb 7, 2018 5:09 PM

May 2015
Impregnate me. :D

also Victim looks like something from Binding of ISaac.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 7, 2018 10:24 PM

Jan 2013
Monad said:

I think you underestimated Ainz here. He really did expect that Cocytus may lose.
It wasn't by mistake that gave him that weak army.
The purpose was for Cocytus to self reflect and learn from his mistakes while at the same time it was an experiment to see if the NPC's can learn things.

Probably yes, we never how big and smart Lord Ainz is :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2018 12:18 AM
Jan 2016
Dretax said:
virushatter said:
@Dretax

Ya mean buy them? :D
virushatter said:
@Dretax

Nah internet man. It’s enough in today society to just check out google.
Feb 8, 2018 10:58 PM

Jan 2013
Getting more interesting, but still wonder if this is leading anywhere good.
Feb 12, 2018 2:09 PM
Jan 2018
Cocytus é o cara mais legal daquele time. Depois dele com certeza o Demiurgus é top.
mas eu questão de poder: a Shalltear e a ALbedo com certeza devem dar uma surra nos dois homens do time
Feb 17, 2018 5:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"Pregnant me!" This was the last words of a decides Lizard-woman!!! kekeke
Feb 22, 2018 8:25 AM
Feb 2018
compare to all episodes this one is cool
Feb 24, 2018 8:43 PM

Dec 2008
"Impregnate me!" What the hell?! Seriously?!
Feb 27, 2018 1:57 PM
Oct 2017
This is the coolest episode pf overlord
Mar 9, 2018 9:13 AM

Dec 2016
Damn the entire scene(s) of Ainz appearing before the Lizard Men up to where he left were so badass and intimidating. It was great
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 24, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2016
Poor Lizardman I feel so bad for them I mean it the first attack was so cruel they didn't even do anything.
Mar 28, 2018 12:35 AM

May 2016
Now that I think of it, two-legged sheep does sound suspicious since I haven't seen a chimera that walks on two legs before. Momonga totally didn't suspect a thing though lmao

Now that's what I was waiting for! A most grandiose display of overpowered majesty from the guild of Ainz Ooal Gown ♥ Seeing Victim, Gargantua, and Demiurge's power for the first time was awesome too. Cocytus was watching the Lizard men too so I guess he got empathy from them as well.

Crusch is one thirsty reptile damn. Zaryusu's getting laid.

Apr 6, 2018 12:51 PM

Sep 2011
Damn am I gonna witness a reptile sex?

Apr 18, 2018 3:16 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao that impregnate me ending
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 21, 2018 3:31 AM

Feb 2013
His entrance was epic!
Lol, she wants a baby.
Apr 22, 2018 8:44 PM

Mar 2017
BruuUUhh hahaha the intro.. IJUST DIED,
how does this work ?
May 2, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2018
Now THAT'S how you end an episode. LOL

May 20, 2018 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
-Poor Lizardmen.

-That grandiose and majestic display of power, despite only for a brief warning.

-Oh so Momonga was testing if the NPCs have the ability to learn in this world beyond their programming in the original world. It's also interesting to see him as the villain after being an antihero in the previous one.

-WOW that line at the end... XDDDDDD
Aug 27, 2018 5:48 AM
Nov 2014
Please don't let zaryusu die Please don't let zaryusu die Please don't let zaryusu die.
Sep 14, 2018 6:39 PM

Nov 2016
Dat last line, tho xD

Ainz entrance was something else man, he crushed almost all confidence they've previously gained.

And the lizard romance is too cute <3

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2018 2:53 PM

Aug 2017
I like when Ainz is speaking with all of his guardians. The last scene is funny lmao.

Next episode, Cocytus vs Lizardman.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 7, 2018 11:24 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid development and with a pretty steady pacing! Looking forwards to see what will happen next.
Nov 11, 2018 6:48 PM
Aug 2018
Ains' entrance was so amazing. I would bow down immediately. 10/10 just for that.
Nov 19, 2018 6:03 AM

Dec 2014
well I seriously felt bad for cocktus too ...being treated like that... the end though
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2018

288 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

197 by RayousSR »»
Apr 24, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2018

254 by WienGirl »»
Apr 21, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2018

174 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Overlord II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

354 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 11, 5:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.