Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2018 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the weather doesn't seem pleasing this episode (caused by a card). However, I like how the episode gave Sakura her froggy outfit to match the rain theme. (Aqua card looks kinda nice)

Tomoyo is still cute as hell this episode. She always gets enthusiastic with cute scenes.
The Toya and Yukito scene was kinda funny, glad this season still gives them some screen time.

Seems this episode is still building on the mystery of that figure Sakura has been seeing.

Stark700Jan 20, 2018 5:27 PM
Jan 20, 2018 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
Sakura looked really good in her froggy outfit.
Jan 20, 2018 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Two cards in one episode, fantastic. :D
I love how we finally got a full version of Sakura summoning her cards complete with the wand spinning and black backdrop. XD

Touya and Yukito scene was funny.

Tomoyo deserves more praise, she makes the best outfits. :)

There's definitely something going on with Li but the end where he gave Sakura his coat was cute.

We finally see the real version of the thing appearing in Sakura's dream. Considering how Sakura says that the thing is the same height her, is this white robed thing some kind of reflection of herself?
Jan 20, 2018 6:00 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That sudden Sakura x Shaoran moment was pure love!
Jan 20, 2018 6:01 PM

Mar 2015
Li-kun and Oniichan got my hopes up.
I was scared that we're gonna repeat the same routine just like the 1998 again.

Jan 20, 2018 6:54 PM

May 2016
Who thinks that the person appearing in Sakura's dreams may be Shaoran?
Jan 20, 2018 7:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
WolfsStars said:
Or it could be the new transfer student next episode. However, Syaoran was acting really suspiciously.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Apr 2016
it was nostalgic seeing redone clips from the old episode where Sakura and Syaoran were in that play together
the frog outfit was ADORABLE!
it looks like the plot is thickening a bit, with the mystery of the hooded person
another good episode, and still glad to have this series back!
Jan 20, 2018 7:41 PM
May 2009
WolfsStars said:

I've been 95% certain since the first episode that it was him. I'm pretty sure the bear he gave her in episode one has something to do with it. There was also the whole "I hope you dream about the one you care about" from Eriol
Jan 20, 2018 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
Hmmm this episode felt a little fast paced for me. Not used to see two cards in one episode. Although that little flashback clip to the last show was very nice to see. My heart leaped a bit there and in a good way.

This episode reminded me of the rain card a lot. Now I'm kinda feeling bad for the water card since I feel aqua has replaced her. :( Hopefully the old cards come back soon.

Next episode hype!! Yue appears!
Jan 20, 2018 8:13 PM

Sep 2010
What are you keeping quiet about, Syaoran? What is going on with you too, Touya?

As always, it was great to see Sakura spending time with her friends. The flashback of their past class play was funny, along with Yamazaki's lines.

The rain animation was great. It was pouring, almost flooding!

Thank goodness Tomoyo's camcorder is safe!

There's going to be a transfer student appearing next episode, huh? I wonder what she will be like.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 20, 2018 9:26 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode again this week. ^^ They fit a lot into it and it seemed a little rushed, but not too bad! Curious to know what's going on with Touya and Syaoran! Hopefully some things will be cleared up next week.

Also I really love Yamazaki's ridiculous stories. xD
Jan 20, 2018 9:54 PM
Jul 2018
Hmm, two card in one episode? Well didn't expect that happening since watching original :O They should have slowed done since manga is not so far away from anime I think.

Speaking of reflection card, I think its for reflecting magic attacks, so I wonder why everyone was vanish when Sakura was dealing with reflection card? This part was quite suspense stuff indeed and other thing also about Touya and also having a feeling of that mage thing with Sharon.

Jan 21, 2018 1:29 AM

Jul 2012
Nice to see two cards this episode instead of the classic one card like in the original.
WolfsStars said:

If it's not him then he's still clearly hiding something at the very least.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 21, 2018 3:07 AM

Jun 2016
At least this episode is not as tacky as the previous episodes whenever Shaoran and Sakura have their moments, and when they have their moment in this episode, I just screamed "NOOOOO". Hahaha.

Tomoyo's such a cutie. Damnit. And that Frog outfit. Hahahaha. What a dork!

Touya pinched Yukito's cheeks. Gaaaaaaah. I need more scenes between them two alone. Jesus. Haha. They're my babies in this show I s2g, I mean since I was so little seeing them two makes me squeal. I guess I've been a fujoshi since 1998. Pfffft.

3/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 21, 2018 3:25 AM

Feb 2016
This is fucking perfection, holy damn. :o

I think it's pretty clear that's the new transfer student coming in the next episode, although the mystery still remains who and what exactly that is. Alternate timeline Sakura sounds pretty cool theory?

dat smug face doe XD
AquamirrorJan 21, 2018 3:33 AM
Jan 21, 2018 4:55 AM

Jan 2014
two card in one episode. I feels like rushed in this episode.

wakka9ca said:
WolfsStars said:
Or it could be the new transfer student next episode. However, Syaoran was acting really suspiciously.

at first I thought it was Shaoran, until the preview of the next week said there would be a new transfer student.
If I remember it correctly, it's just like before, when Eriol makes his entrance.

holyfox6894 said:

if that's true, maybe Shaoran actually know something back in Hong Kong.
Like Eriol makes a contact with him, or something to do with the guy in the hood.
AbyhapeJan 21, 2018 4:59 AM
Jan 21, 2018 7:14 AM

Feb 2010
Syaoran & Sakura's moment <33333 but i love their expression more in manga

Im very curious will this connect to TRC or not? since well, that dragon in ep.1 kinda reminds me of dragon in TRC

and the person in that dream might be Sakura from TRC, the dreamseer can enter dream at will but Sakura from TRC is older & taller...

can't wait for next

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 21, 2018 7:54 AM
Aug 2007
roppuri said:
Im very curious will this connect to TRC or not? ... the person in that dream might be Sakura from TRC, the dreamseer can enter dream at will but Sakura from TRC is older & taller...

can't wait for next

That's what I've been thinking too.
Jan 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
MaliyaWong said:

That's what I've been thinking too.

It's very possible since in TRC

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jan 21, 2018 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
When that OTP moment came I just got like aaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAあああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ
The drawing on her notebook also gave me such a huge smile aaaawn.
My heart can't take it.

Okay, I'll forgive the season three rain plot repetition just because the froggy outfit was cute af. Also, I just realized it now but that school seems so fancy.
I know we can't reveal things too soon but all this "everybody obviously has a secret" makes me so tired.

And here comes your token transfer student, that's not suspicious at all am I right.

About a possible TRC crossover, idk I just don't see it happening. This would mean you'd have to read 28 volumes of another manga to understand what's happening and I feel they wanna have CCS be it's own thing.
Of course I could be wrong but that's what I feel right now.
Baby, daijobanai...
Jan 21, 2018 10:09 AM

Mar 2014
I'm surprised by how well they've been doing with this show after it's been dead for so long. That ending theme is so good! Though, I'm liking the entire soundtrack.
Jan 21, 2018 10:29 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m interesting on Li's perspective about what has been happening, he has been having that "I know more than am showing" face for awhile now.

This episode costume sucked ass though, previous one was much better.
Jan 21, 2018 10:45 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, man! It was totally worth it holding back from reading the manga! I am loving Madhouse's dedication for the anime so far. Certainly one of the best ongoing from production quality and I am hopeful it will return dividend when the discs are out!

Coming back to the episode, I am now suspecting the lovely new transfer student. Initially I thought it could be Syaoran but he is of course taller than Sakura so he can't be the one in her dreams based on what Sakura said at the end of the episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 21, 2018 10:51 AM

Oct 2017
Loved this episode! The Aqua card is gorgeous. Also, I was not expecting 2 cards in one episode, but I guess I can see how the Reflect is connected to the Aqua card, and it might also be useful in the next episode. There must be a reason for it.

Also, agree with all the comments about Sakura's froggy outfit. That was so cute!

Finally, some proper Touya and Yukito screen time. Wish it were longer.

Anyway, I'm thinking the hooded figure is either Syaron or the new transfer student, but somehow it makes me think of Clow Reed, and it's obviously not Eriol, so Syaoran makes sense because he's a descendant. However we dunno the transfer student so it's too early to tell yet. Can't wait for next week's episode!
Jan 21, 2018 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Considering how Sakura says that the thing is the same height her, is this white robed thing some kind of reflection of herself?

That's what I thought too, but maybe it's the new transferred student.
Jan 21, 2018 3:06 PM
Jul 2015
I really enjoy watching Sakura and all the characters on scene again, but, for me they don't really feel the same... like, shaoran hasn't done anything useful by now, and I don't understand why is sakura so chill about the sakura cards becoming trasparent like... when I saw that I was like "holly fuck! what happened to mirror and, voice and...!!", you know??... sigh, I'm having fun watching this new "season" but... feels a little off to me idk xP
Jan 21, 2018 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
2 different cards this episode, one pretty simple just making it rain, but Reflect was a pretty strange one. And then she had that weird dream thing again. Lots of strange stuff happening, wonder where this is all going.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 21, 2018 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
REALLY LOVING this show so far. Brings back so many memories of my elementary school summers where I binge watched the series.
Syaoran acting real suspicious ever since he got back from Hong Kong. I wonder if he knows more than he lets on. Or if he is the person Sakura is seeing in her dreams? I'm so tempted to spoil it for myself but I'm going to try to hold off as long as possible.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 22, 2018 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
I'm enjoying this too much! I guess not reading the manga was the right choice, madhouse are absolute geniuses. Keeping the 90s vibes but still in HD quality with vivid colors.
Jan 22, 2018 9:12 AM

Oct 2008
Several interesting observations I had about this series now that we're three episodes in. And while it might have been obvious to most, it just occurred to me that this is pretty much a reboot in disguise. Other than new merchandise, they needed to take away her old cards in order to start her from zero again so that she could start collecting cards from scratch again. Not to mention, the cards are pretty much the exact same in terms of abilities save for the designs. Gale = Windy, Aqua = Watery, Reflect = Mirror, Siege = Shadow, etc... At the moment, there is literally nothing new.

That was one of my issues about this series. Why do we have to retread the same formula again? Yes, she is indeed Cardcaptor Sakura, but I stand by my initial opinion of wanting to have seen Sakura develop her existing powers more. Think of the opening scene of the second movie. More of that, where she has already mastered her powers. It's the Metroid problem. What reason do we give players for taking away all of her upgrades from the previous games to necessitate yet another treasure hunt?

That became painfully clear with the heavy rain thing. I found it weird when Sakura never mentioned something like this happening before. But I guess that would have drawn far more attention to that reused plot point than necessary.

Other interesting things I have noticed:

- The chant to release the staff doesn't have "contract" in it. I like that.
- Are these cards more powerful? Weaker? Do they have personalities?

Nyako_San said:
I really enjoy watching Sakura and all the characters on scene again, but, for me they don't really feel the same... like, shaoran hasn't done anything useful by now, and I don't understand why is sakura so chill about the sakura cards becoming trasparent like... when I saw that I was like "holly fuck! what happened to mirror and, voice and...!!", you know??... sigh, I'm having fun watching this new "season" but... feels a little off to me idk xP

Yup. That was one of my biggest pet peeves. However, I have to admit that at least they acknowledged it in the previous episode with Sakura saying "Nothing I can do... So, why worry?" Fair enough. Li doing nothing is a great point. Why is he not in his battle attire? He still can use elemental magic.
Jan 22, 2018 3:54 PM

Oct 2015
I'm loving this sequel, everything looks so nice, Madhouse is really delivering!

I'm surprised by how fast paced this is, specially this episode with Sakura capturing 2 cards! I guess it won't be long until we start getting more "filler/non canon" content, probably with anime only cards! As someone who is up to date with the manga, I look forward to the new content, I hope it's good!
Jan 22, 2018 6:03 PM
Apr 2011
I love that Shaoran is back but he seems kinda suspicious. I wonder if hes the guy in the coat? I just don't know why he would put her through that stress. There would have to be a very important reason...The fact that Eriol isn't concerned makes me think this also. But maybe it is a reflection of Sakura and thats why the key wants to go to them. Possibly something about ignoring certain parts of herself... I dunno but I'm excited to find out!

Also this show could be going towards the feelings of the cards. Someone mentioned how this spell doesn't have the word "contract" when shes catching the cards and the fact that she has to say release to call upon her powers. Maybe they are usually locked up and since they have been ignored for so long they left and changed somehow? I dunno, the same person also mentioned that these "new cards" are just revamps of the old ones so maybe the cards are developing themselves instead of Sakura like we expected from this season?
SailorGJan 22, 2018 6:10 PM
Jan 22, 2018 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
wow 2 clear cards acquired in just a single episode huh!
LOL Daidouji is ready anytime with her equipped costume for Sakura. Even her camcorder is water proof!
Hmmmm, almost the same height as her? maybe it's Shaoran? or I could be wrong...
4/5.

Jan 22, 2018 10:13 PM
Jun 2011
Actar said:
Several interesting observations I had about this series now that we're three episodes in. And while it might have been obvious to most, it just occurred to me that this is pretty much a reboot in disguise. Other than new merchandise, they needed to take away her old cards in order to start her from zero again so that she could start collecting cards from scratch again. Not to mention, the cards are pretty much the exact same in terms of abilities save for the designs. Gale = Windy, Aqua = Watery, Reflect = Mirror, Siege = Shadow, etc... At the moment, there is literally nothing new.

That was one of my issues about this series. Why do we have to retread the same formula again? Yes, she is indeed Cardcaptor Sakura, but I stand by my initial opinion of wanting to have seen Sakura develop her existing powers more. Think of the opening scene of the second movie. More of that, where she has already mastered her powers. It's the Metroid problem. What reason do we give players for taking away all of her upgrades from the previous games to necessitate yet another treasure hunt?

That became painfully clear with the heavy rain thing. I found it weird when Sakura never mentioned something like this happening before. But I guess that would have drawn far more attention to that reused plot point than necessary.

Other interesting things I have noticed:

- The chant to release the staff doesn't have "contract" in it. I like that.
- Are these cards more powerful? Weaker? Do they have personalities?

Nyako_San said:

Yup. That was one of my biggest pet peeves. However, I have to admit that at least they acknowledged it in the previous episode with Sakura saying "Nothing I can do... So, why worry?" Fair enough. Li doing nothing is a great point. Why is he not in his battle attire? He still can use elemental magic.
i dont think seige is shadow like the shadow card. there is nothing in his abilities that feels like the shadow. he not trapping pepole and many other things the shadow did
elior1Jan 22, 2018 10:17 PM
Jan 22, 2018 10:53 PM

Feb 2010
That little frog outfit is so cute!!
I'm actually pretty bummed that so far none of the cards are cute girls. One of my favorite part of the series was seeing the design of the cards and how they were all so cute. I remember I use to draw them so much as a kid because I love their design. I seriously hope all the cards aren't animals or objects. But I still they look really pretty. I love how they are clear.
Also that short toya/yukito moment was the best. I got a little too excited XD they are without a doubt my OTP. I really hope there are more scenes with them together.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Jan 23, 2018 12:30 AM
May 2009
Actar said:

This is pretty annoying, I agree, but considering that the original series double and triple dipped on most of the cards with very similar powers (Fly Jump and Float; Lock and Maze; Voice and Song, endless water based cards: Watery, Rain, Snow, Storm, etc), I just smile and nod.
Jan 23, 2018 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
Touya and Syaoran are acting mighty suspicious. Really wanna know who the hooded figure is.

That moment between Sakura and Syaoran though~ how can a simple gesture be so sweet?
Jan 24, 2018 8:21 AM

Apr 2011
I'm really curious who's that hooded person is, when Sakura seems to know it.

Watching CCS in 2018 feels so surreal. Its like going back in the 90's. Its the best way to start the year.
Jan 24, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2018
2 cards in one episode? Wow. Aqua and Reflect seems interesting. Moreover, I think Touya knows something. Hmm.

P.S. Still love Tomoyo's character. She never change. Lol.
Jan 24, 2018 11:20 PM

May 2017
Abyhape said:
two card in one episode. I feels like rushed in this episode.

wakka9ca said:

at first I thought it was Shaoran, until the preview of the next week said there would be a new transfer student.
If I remember it correctly, it's just like before, when Eriol makes his entrance.

holyfox6894 said:

if that's true, maybe Shaoran actually know something back in Hong Kong.
Like Eriol makes a contact with him, or something to do with the guy in the hood.

I think it's Sakura herself, some kind of clone lol seriously tho, maybe the clear cards turned into a Sakura clone, an evil clone that's want to take her place (yeah I know, generic motive)
Jan 25, 2018 12:11 AM

Jan 2018
Honestly as a fanboy of the original CCS this sequel is kinda disappointing lol I miss those filler stories focused on the side-characters and type of cards, while Gale, Siege, Acqua and Reflect don't seem to be linked to anything in particular and came out of nowhere. In 3 episodes there was no hint of explanation, just dreams, Eriol that seems to know more on the subject, and Li who looks quite suspicious. The comedy seems also a bit forced.. I'm looking forward to the new characters though.
FfionJan 25, 2018 12:23 AM
Jan 26, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2016
I always have an umbrella in my bag if I go out, I learned my lesson a long time ago.

Nice drawing of Sakura & Syaoran there together by Naoko.

The green outfit Sakura was wearing, reminds me a bit of the frog costume in Super Mario Bros 3.

That penguin slide in the park again, it's featured so many times throughout the 1st series it should be added on the database as a main character.

Good use there of the siege card, she handled that very quickly.

Capturing 2 cards in the same episode, and using the brand new one from earlier as the main assist, quite the feat.

Mysterious person same height as Sakura, could actually be a different Sakura, my early guess is that it's the new transfer student, we didn't get to see how tall she actually was in the preview, either way she most likely has in important role in upcoming episodes.
Jan 28, 2018 5:18 AM

Jul 2008
Sakura was wearing Kero-chan......I'll wait.

And does everyone know what is going on but Sakura? Li......big bro......Erol.....just tell her already!!
Jan 31, 2018 7:54 AM

Oct 2017
The frog outfit makes it worthy to watch this episode xD
And at least the water card was a bit less easy to beat this time ^^
Feb 4, 2018 2:28 AM
Feb 2018
The graphics never cease to amaze but but hnggg I cannot did you see how Syaoran just. Lovingly placed his jacket so that Sakura wouldn't get cold??? 11/10 boyfriend material, im telling you.

Aside from that, I love seeing how far Sakura's come! It must not be obvious to anyone but me, or I could be interpreting it differently, but our magical girl's gotten really good with handling situations under pressure. You go, Sakura!

And props to Tomoyo for being prepared, but its very interesting she had the perfect outfit for the occasion.

One other thing; I'm glad to see they're taking Sakura's gymnastic skills into play here in a much more obvious fashion! In the old anime I noticed Sakura never really used her physical abilities outright, favoring using the Fly card or the Jump to get around. The only instances in the previous anime where I see her use her physical capabilities is when she uses her roller skates.

I guess a lot changed in growing up, huh? Either way its pretty exciting! Of course, I binge watched all of this last night, inlcluding Ep 5 (Different timezones enabled me to watch on on Feb 3 in my side) but I set aside a review for this particular episode because I just love it. No question.

Looking forward to Episode 6 now!!!
Feb 4, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2016
In this episode was the mention of my favorite moment from the first season. I'm talking about theatre plays. I remember how I laughed. :)
I think that Sakura fought very well. And Shaoran is very caring. So cute.^^

P.s. I and Yamazaki are the same. I tell all kinds of nonsense all the time. :)

P.P.s. Touya and Yukito are sweet couple. ^^
Feb 4, 2018 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
I have a feeling that the shadow in the cloak is Shaoran. What do you think?
Feb 10, 2018 10:24 AM

Jun 2013
Ok I really enjoyed this episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2018

41 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Sep 6, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

33 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Sep 6, 3:49 PM

» Most Popular ❀Cardcaptor Sakura❀ Characters

KingSunWukong - Aug 19

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Aug 19, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 22 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

37 by InfinityDude88 »»
Aug 18, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

62 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.