Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love and Lies
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 25, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
Hmm, I assume from that scene with Misaki and that mystery girl that she actually has received her notice, but is too conflicted to tell Yukari about it. That would also explain the scene with her talking to Nisaka and also explain his reaction to the revelation that both Ririna and Misaki are going to be on the camping trip as well. Then again, that could just as easily be him being excited about being able to spend some time with Yukari, but then being disappointed to find out that the girls will be there as well. After all, he knows full well how Yukari feels about Misaki and that Ririna is Yukari's assigned wife as well.
Jul 25, 2017 4:42 AM

Jan 2016
A lie can't go on forever, this is gonna end up hurting Yukari and might even hurt Ririna.

Well I'm gonna root for Ririna, she and Yukari clicks and that's the most important thing. In this anime atleast.................
Jul 25, 2017 5:18 AM

Feb 2016
For the first time i will be rooting for that BL ship, just to fuck w/ the status quo :3
Jul 25, 2017 5:40 AM

Dec 2013
And the mystery deepens....
So just what is the deal with Misaki's application from the first episode? Does she have connections to the Ministry? Did she/someone else tamper with Yukari's match?

Why do I get the feeling that this is some sort of experiment that Misaki pulled off to prove to the Ministry that their system isn't 100% foolproof, and is using her true match as the experiment by pairing him with another girl to prove that even the "second best option" works or something like that? Like she's sacrificing her pairing to prove a point or something? :/

Or maybe I'm just reading into these conspiracy theories too much...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2017 6:18 AM

Jun 2017
Sweetie_Love said:
itowokashi said:
how come goverments didn't know Misaki's adress? this involves some mystery.

In the manga, it's kinda said that they got the wrong map from a coworker.

This show has my OP of the season. Bless that the full version's out so early

Also Japan's address system is so bad mail very often gets delivered to the wrong house, or never gets delivered.
Jul 25, 2017 6:34 AM

Jul 2013
Who the fuck decides on OSTs for this anime? the director? the sound director? did they not realize that putting background music on every little scene is FUCKING DISTRACTING!!

Not only the music itself was horrible and unsuitable for the scenes, they made it difficult to focus on the character because there were too many unnecessary background noise.

I seriously want to slap whoever decided to do so into oblivion. I'm so going to reduce this anime rating by 1 or 2 if they don't fix this annoying problem in later episodes -______-
Jul 25, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
So just what is the deal with Misaki's application from the first episode? Does she have connections to the Ministry? Did she/someone else tamper with Yukari's match?

Why do I get the feeling that this is some sort of experiment that Misaki pulled off to prove to the Ministry that their system isn't 100% foolproof, and is using her true match as the experiment by pairing him with another girl to prove that even the "second best option" works or something like that? Like she's sacrificing her pairing to prove a point or something? :/

Or maybe I'm just reading into these conspiracy theories too much...

Coincidentally, I was thinking the same thing. I, too, think that Misaki might have a hand in all this. I was just thinking that maybe she has someone in the Ministry who upon her request changed Yukari's match to prove something. However, it didn't come to my mind that she wants to prove that the Ministry's system isn't 100% foolproof.

I think what I had in mind is that Misaki maybe wants to see if Yukari will still love her despite him being assigned a different partner. Maybe she is testing him or something but by the time she realizes that what she did isn't on her favor, it'll be too late as Yukari would've fallen for Lilina. Of course I could be wrong but this is what I though.
Jul 25, 2017 9:31 AM

Mar 2013
troyvimala said:
straggy said:
Uh, so if those officials were there to specifically see if you were happy, then... why not tell them you're in love with someone else? Like, they said it was specifically tailored to make sure you fall in love, but if you've already got someone then shit their job's done, they don't gotta bother. Like, you can't then start complaining that she's getting an assignment if your ass said literally nothing lmao.
because Lilina was sitting literally beside Yukari, imagine being Yukari screaming I LOVE TAKASAKI AND NO ONE ELSE then the Government Workers leave the house after consoling him by saying 'dont worry this assignment is scientifically backed up, it'll work out'

Do you watch the show lmao? Ririna WANTS him to love Takasaki lol, that's literally been the entire plot. Besides, him actually growing some balls and admitting his feelings like that woulda caused some actual damn drama in this show if she was suddenly bothered by it outta nowhere.
Jul 25, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2016
straggy said:
troyvimala said:
because Lilina was sitting literally beside Yukari, imagine being Yukari screaming I LOVE TAKASAKI AND NO ONE ELSE then the Government Workers leave the house after consoling him by saying 'dont worry this assignment is scientifically backed up, it'll work out'

Do you watch the show lmao? Ririna WANTS him to love Takasaki lol, that's literally been the entire plot. Besides, him actually growing some balls and admitting his feelings like that woulda caused some actual damn drama in this show if she was suddenly bothered by it outta nowhere.

That's Forced drama and Totally Lowlife thing to do. Neji Is already feeling enough guilty to make his future wife doing this stuffs for him. Lilina is like a child, who is yet learn this stuffs and Neji knows that, that's why he is always looking out for her cuz Naturally Anyone else in Lilinas shoe would be severely hurt by now. Lilinas Rooting for them is very immature, It could destroy her later on..Just like Misaki said, "You will care about it soon"...Neji isn't dumb, He knows Lilina might start feeling bad. In his self conscious mind he also feel bad about doing this to her. (Even though Lilina says she is doing it for misaki which is halff true)
Jul 25, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
RagisNex said:
straggy said:

That's Forced drama and Totally Lowlife thing to do. Neji Is already feeling enough guilty to make his future wife doing this stuffs for him. Lilina is like a child, who is yet learn this stuffs and Neji knows that, that's why he is always looking out for her cuz Naturally Anyone else in Lilinas shoe would be severely hurt by now. Lilinas Rooting for them is very immature, It could destroy her later on..Just like Misaki said, "You will care about it soon"...Neji isn't dumb, He knows Lilina might start feeling bad. In his self conscious mind he also feel bad about doing this to her. (Even though Lilina says she is doing it for misaki which is halff true)

She's immature because she... didn't automatically fall in love with some guy she doesn't know? lol ok, that sounds like the opposite, but sure.
Jul 25, 2017 11:36 AM
Dec 2011
I was thinking, the biggest purpose of that ministry is get ppl together with the person that will most likely work out with so they have a successful relationship and subsequently children. So, what if Misaki can't have children?
Jul 25, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Misaki's definitely lying about her marriage notice. And her way keeping things to herself is getting on my nerves. Sooner or later, it'll put a strain on their relationship.
Jul 25, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2016
straggy said:
RagisNex said:

She's immature because she... didn't automatically fall in love with some guy she doesn't know? lol ok, that sounds like the opposite, but sure.

No, Don't make things up. You were talking about Nejimas action not Lilinas(When you don't have anything to back up, start arguing about random stuff) lol

Anyway, Lilina is immature cuz She doesn't even know what love and relation is, Nejima is her future life partner.. Lilina is not getting that, You don't shove your arranged partner with someone else when You are going to live with that person your entire life! That's immature to do, Love is different issue..You will marry him and eventually fall in love...She will regret her choice later.

You see in arrange marriage People eventually learn to love, In Lilians case it will happen too since they are so compatible with each other...She needs to realise it Before its too late. (Not going to spoil but If you think Nejima and Lilina can straight up reject the marriage, that's not easy to do in this case:)
Jul 25, 2017 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
RagisNex said:
straggy said:

No, Don't make things up. You were talking about Nejimas action not Lilinas(When you don't have anything to back up, start arguing about random stuff) lol

Anyway, Lilina is immature cuz She doesn't even know what love and relation is, Nejima is her future life partner.. Lilina is not getting that, You don't shove your arranged partner with someone else when You are going to live with that person your entire life! That's immature to do, Love is different issue..You will marry him and eventually fall in love...She will regret her choice later.

You see in arrange marriage People eventually learn to love, In Lilians case it will happen too since they are so compatible with each other...She needs to realise it Before its too late. (Not going to spoil but If you think Nejima and Lilina can straight up reject the marriage, that's not easy to do in this case:)

lmao you literally said she was immature cause she's not in love/doesn't "get" love as though that's the instant key to maturity. Also lol, getting married doesn't mean they're going to definitely fall in love, that's a stupid thing to say. Yes, many arranged marriages do work that way, but not all. Even the officials in the show say this isn't 100%! The fact that she doesn't feel anything and thinks Neji is better with someone he does love isn't "immature", it's being true to how she actually feels herself. At the end of the day, marriage is just a sheet of paper, and she shouldn't have to force herself to have feelings she doesn't have because you happen to think it's oh so "immature" if she doesn't.
Jul 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2017
straggy said:
troyvimala said:

yes I do watch the show sir, and, welp, if you actually believe that the whole anime will be about Lilina rooting and pushing Yukari to go for Takasaki, then we have different views..it cant be helped
Jul 25, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2016
I hate this show. It's so goddamn dumb, and the art is ugly. I'm only watching it for KanaHana to be honest.
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Jul 25, 2017 3:10 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Riri finally gets to visit Yukari's house then eh. First time i saw someone overuse salad cream out of nervousness lol. I think its natural that at their age that they will be interested in the various types of kisses though. After all they are arranged to be married after all. Hmm so Riri is conscious of all the things that couples should be doing eh. That she no doubt wants Yukari and Misaki to do as well. Riri is a very organised person that prefers to be in a clean environment eh. Looking through yearbooks is always fun and its funny seeing Riri have fun seeing how Yukari and Misaki looked in the past. Hmm so Yukari was in love with Misaki before giving her the eraser eh. Wow the creepy story about the model though. Still its nice that she didn't kiss the model though lol. Its's actually pretty funny in seeing how much Ririna actually cares about the romance between the two and how her research helps as well. So after being assigned and after a period of understanding they also get interviewed again then eh.

The interviewer sure has a sense of humor lol. So everything from their exam scores to their daily surveys help in determining what kind of genes you have and from there match you to your assigned partner eh. I think that the system actually does work pretty well after hearing this explanation. Hmm after that talk i don't blame their reaction lol. Well Misaki is at that age so she would have received her notice by this time at least. It will be interesting to see how Yukari would react if Misaki did get her notice though. Hmm so Ririna actually had confidence in Yukari because of his determination to stay true to his love for Misaki eh. Lol it is weird kissing her because Riri told you too lol. Hmm i wonder what the secret is between Misaki and Nisaka though. Well the pamphlet session shall came at a good time for Yukari. Im glad that the notice was just a scare though. Its nice that the two's feelings haven't changed at all though despite the circumstances. And a new character also appears that Misaki knows eh. Hmm so Misaki was lying to protect the friendship she has with Yukari eh. Lol anyone who fights a bear in hand to hand will die though. An interesting episode as always. It seems even Misaki is hiding something as well.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
I really wanna know who this white haired girl is
She's an old friend of Misaki. She went to the same grade school with her and Neji.
Jul 25, 2017 5:00 PM
Mar 2017
I think lilina isn't falling for Nejima but for Misaki
Jul 25, 2017 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad, finally an episode on par with the first one. They pretty much sticked to the manga, even with inner monologues, which is good. Although... spoiler-girl already? She only appeared very late into the manga.. even though that nice little sunset scene only hinted, not spoiled anything (but yeah, it's kinda obvious even from that).

Anyway, really look forward to the trip, there are some interesting things to come! :D
Jul 25, 2017 5:26 PM

Oct 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

Well, if I have to guess this only serves one thing: Now he's spending time with Ririna but after a while Ministry guys arrives to tell him there was really a mistake and that his government notice girl should be really Misaki. That probably sparks further drama when Yukari realizes he actually don't want to lose Ririna and to become strangers again with each other.

From this loss his love to Ririna would be born and he realizes Misaki was just fleeting "looks girl" for him, unsuited for marriage as Ichijo mentioned in her explanation this time. Notice they are always just pretening when they are with each other, never sharing their problems or fears, afraid of breaking what they have. While with Ririna, they can talk about pretty much everything.

Well, I would really want to be wrong but...
Jul 25, 2017 6:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Hibiki07 said:
Tokoya said:
I really wanna know who this white haired girl is
She's an old friend of Misaki. She went to the same grade school with her and Neji.
Oh my =o I'm very curious to see where this goes
Jul 25, 2017 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
they're learning how to kiss
Jul 25, 2017 8:34 PM
Mar 2016
Oh boy. Things are getting a little more interesting and a little more depressing. If this show becomes a mess I'll be happy because I love when the shit hits the fan in more ways than one
Jul 25, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2017
Aww, Yukari's so cute, bringing his boyfriend along on the camping trip. Can't wait for this camping episode, was excited for it ever since I saw the four of them going camping in the OP.
Jul 25, 2017 9:58 PM

Dec 2015
HDMaster said:
I hate this show. It's so goddamn dumb, and the art is ugly. I'm only watching it for KanaHana to be honest.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This show is honestly just a train wreck.
Jul 25, 2017 10:48 PM

Feb 2008
Worked all day yesterday, just finished watching it. Can't get enough of HanaKana in her role, plus Ririna's voice is also very good.

Didn't even realize that the Minister girl was Kumiko's voice. I have a problem with how big the eyes are, but as long as I get Misaki in every episode, I am okay.

meanwhile camping trip waiting room
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jul 25, 2017 11:42 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode. I guess it wouldn't be too much manpower to go talk with every 16 year old personally.
Jul 26, 2017 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Another cringe episode. God why am i still watching this trash.
Jul 26, 2017 1:19 AM

Apr 2017
This is such a good anime. I didn't want to say this after episode 1, but now I surely can. It is very good. The story seems wonderful and hopefully I won't cry at the end if anything unexpected happens (cough Clannad cough...) I'm not really into romance anime but this one is so good. And for some unknown reason I want Ririna and Neji to fall in love. She seems like she loves him but just wants him to be happy and denies her feelings. That's love. You need to let the person be free and let him/her decide who he/she is in love with.
And the opening's very catchy. When I heard it for the first time I couldn't say if it is good or bad, but now I sing it at the start of every episode.
Jul 26, 2017 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
Another enjoyable episode. This camping trip is surely going to be awkward lol. Though I am still kind of curious as to what kind of relationship Nisaka and Misaki have.
Jul 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
After episode 1 I was seriously considering dropping it, but I'm quite happy I didn't, at this point. The comedy can be pretty savage, and a couple of plot twists and reactions really caught me off-guard. Dis cud be gud.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jul 26, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Another great episode!!! I'm loving the direction of the plot and I'm really getting into the story and the characters! I can't wait to see what happens on the camping trip!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
I just want the boys to kiss and the girls to kiss tbh.
Jul 26, 2017 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
So the government had no problem keeping track of Nejima at the mid of the night, but don't know where Takasaki lives? ... i call bullsh*t!

OT: I find it hilarious how hard the show is trying to rationalize the whole system and also encouraging teenage sexual relationships. Either way looks like the love square has been established.
Jul 26, 2017 5:13 PM

Oct 2008
on the part wherein Nejima & Takasaki kissed again, i have never felt this excited on the romance ever since I read the manga Ichigo 100% a long time ago!
5/5.

The_Odyssey said:
I think lilina isn't falling for Nejima but for Misaki

LOL and then Nisaka falls even more for Nejima!
matias067Jul 26, 2017 5:20 PM

Jul 26, 2017 10:43 PM
May 2015
straggy said:
Uh, so if those officials were there to specifically see if you were happy, then... why not tell them you're in love with someone else? Like, they said it was specifically tailored to make sure you fall in love, but if you've already got someone then shit their job's done, they don't gotta bother. Like, you can't then start complaining that she's getting an assignment if your ass said literally nothing lmao.

You can cancel the arrangement, but doing so will damage your reputation as you act against the government's will. So your career is on the line.

However, the marriage can be cancel without penalty but it has to go through series of tests and interviews to see that the pair doesn't really in love with each other.

The premise of the show was about finding what is love. As of right now, we are in the same shoes as Lilina and MC. Right now they knew only his love for Misaka, but they didn't know how to interpret thier own relationship. Which one is the true love or the lies.. well that's what I get from the show anyway.
Jul 27, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2009
what a ride! and the episode was way too short again ahhhh :D

Misaki kissing MC was really cute and heartful it was a nice moment after what she "confessed" to him.

Nisaka is still behaving kind of weird! I'm a little bit iffy about how he didn't agree to go on a trip with MC asap I mean if he's in love with him why not going on a trip together?

Also what was he talking about with Misaki? Are they kind of related I'm really curious.

Jul 28, 2017 1:28 AM

Feb 2014
rvbrick said:
eXtacy67 said:
Another cringe episode. God why am i still watching this trash.

i dunno what you're talking about man this is the best anime i've seen all year especially cause it's so experimental and unconventional in its unwillingness to provide a single reason why anyone would be attracted to the creepy loser MC

Really, there's a big enough reason for Ririna to be attracted to Yukari (arranged marriage and what not, in addition to the fact they seem to have a decent amount of chemistry... at least compared to other cardboard cutouts) but there's no reason for Takasaki to be hung up on him considering they barely know each-other. Did I mention he's a creepy loser?

I suppose romances where the characters act like human beings are the exception and not the rule.

Its good that your enjoying it but I dont think you have watched all that much this year looking at your profile. If you want romance with actual believable human characters then watch Tsuki ga Kirei from last season.
Jul 28, 2017 2:27 AM

Feb 2014
Oops I skimmed your first post. My bad
Jul 28, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
Takasaki has quite the impressive rack on her. Hopefully Yukari will be taking their affair to the next level soon, although by the looks of things it'll be Takasaki who is the initiator.
Jul 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Feb 2017
This is the most creepy romance anime i ever watch. Very predictable and disgusting to see. Like they will kiss every 10 minute or so like wtf man? Even some better romance anime didnt even have kiss or creepy blush MC every minute. And kiss or retarded childish eay of think.

This is just my opinion based on 4 episode i already watch, the pink hair is lesbian, purple is gay. Its not the problem, the problem is, their think so childish like so disgusting, unintelligent and retarded, senior high school think and act like that. 7.55? People like this? Lul

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 29, 2017 8:55 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I don't buy into the story that Takasaki said, about the Ministry coming to see her parents. Them kissing so frequently is kind of getting a bit out of hand. I wouldn't be surprised if Ririna asked Nejima to go even further but I doubt it seeing as Nejima knows he's doing wrong simply from kissing Takasaki.

Jul 30, 2017 4:21 PM

Jul 2009
Misaki seems that don't care much about the future partners...I really think that Misaki's partner is Nisaka.
Jul 31, 2017 1:00 AM
Jan 2016
A very good episode
Koi to uso continue to surprise me
So we know how this system works and it's so complicated. Analysis, test, monitoring the government really works hard to find a partner to a person
I loved the fact that this system ain't perfect it seems more realistic because there is none perfect system and every system has flaws even this one and I also loved the fact that appearance doesn't count in their standards because people don't fall in love with appearances but with personalities and that makes it more realistic
Lilina is best girl the way she's encouraging Neji is amazing Neji is lucky for having her around him
Misaki and Neji are so cute together that kiss made me so soft but I think Misaki is lying about not getting her notice
The camping trip is next AAAAAHHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT I READ SOME PART OF IT SO I KNOW THIS WILL BE SO GOOD
Can't stop listening to the opening
Jul 31, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode... the photo album was really cute...

I honestly care about Lilina more so I only focus on her scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
Is Amazon making fun of Japanese accents... because her name is literally Lilina but it's always written in the subs as Ririna like dafuq it's so frustrating! Honestly they couldn't even look up the characters name when hey couldn't decide which one it sounded like... fuck animestrike

Good episode... the photo album was really cute...

I honestly care about Lilina more so I only focus on her scenes
Aug 1, 2017 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, Ririna's sincerity and frankness is refreshing. Takasaki seems to be shrouded in mystery, even more so than before. The camp ought to make things move in an interesting direction.
Aug 2, 2017 3:50 AM
Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah photo albums...
Misaki looked cute tbh in one of those.

Lilina and Neji's relationship seems to have improved imo. Not really surprised that Lilina is still wondering about kissing since she's interested about love. Ichijou's presence in this episode bought out a different side of the show imo, a more mature side as she has a professional feel to her character.

Misaki and Neji's relationship seems to have improved too.

i like the cinemotography and visuals with the sunset dusk and the orange sun
Aug 2, 2017 3:51 AM
Feb 2015
Alfyan said:
I have just seen the best job in any anime!

Getting paid by the government to monitor teenage marriage partners and examining their relationship!! Omgggg a real shippers job!

Art/Design/Characters all great, gonna keep watching
japan became a fascist government
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

315 by BarbeQ »»
Apr 28, 1:50 PM

» What the is the concept of Koi to Uso (Spoilers)

Darth_InVader - Feb 23, 2019

10 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 5, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2017

90 by Giolbat »»
Mar 18, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Koi to Uso Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2017

306 by Ak2005 »»
Dec 9, 2023 1:35 PM

» Koi to uso -About Anime, Manga and my feelings for Sanada Ririna [and the fact that i think I've come to genuinely develop love feelings for her even though shes not real]

ScaryNightmare - Jul 14, 2023

5 by ScaryNightmare »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.