Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 16, 2017 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
Social enough. I dont have any problem talking and socializing.
Jun 16, 2017 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
random bursts of extrovert moments online, more of an introvert in RL but I have some good friends I enjoy talking with.
Jun 16, 2017 3:55 PM

Jun 2015
Wolfsbane said:
Huh, what?
Pretty sure you were a shy girlo last I checked.

Jun 16, 2017 4:15 PM

Aug 2014
i try to be social but everyone at school hates me :(

penis lol
Jun 16, 2017 4:24 PM

Jun 2016
It depends on my mood honestly. I am social when I feel like it.
Jun 16, 2017 4:39 PM

Feb 2015
Cirno9 said:
The better question is, why do people here prefer to be alone when the humans nature is being social?

There can be many reasons. Being alone is easy and comfortable. You can do whatever you want without the need of taking others into consideration. It's also because it's difficult to find people that are pleasant to be around with. Most people I don't feel any sort of connection with. We have nothing in common, and nothing to talk about in detail apart from the regular stuff, such as the weather or news topics, and I don't care for small talk. So, why bother with being around with people when being alone provides a more enjoyable experience?

I'm not very social, and can easily entertain myself without the need of other people. I do have a few good friends I regularly talk and do stuff with, so it's not like I'm a complete social shut-in anyway.
Jun 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty average i guess, hard to say tbh
Love speaks in flowers. Truth requires thorns.
Jun 16, 2017 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty shy, but gotten alot better as time went on. I have a fair amount of friends, but there's still only a select few i'd trust 100%
Jun 16, 2017 5:09 PM

Apr 2016
Milennin said:
Cirno9 said:
The better question is, why do people here prefer to be alone when the humans nature is being social?

There can be many reasons. Being alone is easy and comfortable. You can do whatever you want without the need of taking others into consideration. It's also because it's difficult to find people that are pleasant to be around with. Most people I don't feel any sort of connection with. We have nothing in common, and nothing to talk about in detail apart from the regular stuff, such as the weather or news topics, and I don't care for small talk. So, why bother with being around with people when being alone provides a more enjoyable experience?

I'm not very social, and can easily entertain myself without the need of other people. I do have a few good friends I regularly talk and do stuff with, so it's not like I'm a complete social shut-in anyway.

Wow, this is so fucking true. I remember when I had a truckload of friends, multiple cliques to hang around, but none of them actually shared interests with me, to be honest I have still no clue til date why I even hang out with them.

I don't know if this applies to you too, but sometimes I feel like doing nothing. Video games bore me and I can't be arsed to call a friend. It's like the ultimate boredom and you are willing to do nothing. Sounds weird I guess...
Jun 16, 2017 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
rawrX3pounces said:
Wolfsbane said:
Huh, what?
Pretty sure you were a shy girlo last I checked.

Who knows? It can vary man.
Also, open your comments or accept FR dammit.
Jun 16, 2017 10:41 PM

Feb 2015
Nattsun said:
I don't know if this applies to you too, but sometimes I feel like doing nothing. Video games bore me and I can't be arsed to call a friend. It's like the ultimate boredom and you are willing to do nothing. Sounds weird I guess...

I usually feel I'm doing nothing when I mindlessly browse MAL, lol. I suppose that's my way of doing nothing. If doing nothing means staring at the ceiling in bed, then not so much.
Jun 16, 2017 10:59 PM

Aug 2016
Nope. I'm practically silent during class, and sometimes I don't say anything around my few friends, though that also has to do with the fact that one of them prefers to talk to another and those two are fujoshi and BTS fans, both of which I'm not. They also have other people to hang out with and talk to those other people a lot too. While I don't mind being left alone and can just sit and have my lunch. I am fine if one of my friends wants to talk to me, just that I don't say much sometimes. I guess they understand that I don't like to get into those big groups and stuff. Around some classmates, I do crack a joke or say a thing or two, but other times I keep to myself and try to pay attention. I guess I'm also afraid of saying the wrong thing to people and hurting their feelings or causing misunderstandings. I'm sensitive as well. And I'm also trying not to be intrusive, so I don't indulge very much in gossip.
Jun 17, 2017 1:56 AM

Feb 2008
I try to go out with people every single day, and feel like I'm wasting time if I don't. It's easy to do so when you live in a dormitory in Tokyo. Too much to do here, and not enough money.
Jun 17, 2017 2:04 AM

Dec 2008
Depends on my mood whether to be social or not.
Jun 17, 2017 2:08 AM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
^secretly bipolar.

I'm a solid introvert with extroverted tendencies. I love talking to and meeting new people and often come across as very sociable. But too much talking to people drains me and so I often go off somewhere to be alone for a while. I like being alone more than I like people lol.

Jun 17, 2017 2:37 AM

Jan 2016
Not very. I can converse if I feel the need, but nearly all conversations I've been involved in have been initiated by someone else. In fact, I only find myself even trying to initiate conversations in online settings. That and I don't hang out with what few friends I have too often either.
Jun 17, 2017 10:41 PM
Jan 2016
im an extreme introvert

i dont really like being around more than 5 people i know at any point in time

but ya gotta do what ya gotta do somtyms
Jun 18, 2017 1:10 AM

May 2015
yuliyana29 said:
Socializing and me would never make a good pair. I feel uncomfortable on social situations. I prefer being alone with/around stuff I like, and I can communicate of course but I dislike to do it often; it looks awkward. Time to time, I even tell my family members to stop being bothersome with talking and chill 'cause I honestly have no nerves to listen to some random blabs they say I'm not even interesred in. I love the silence.

This sounds pretty bad. How will you get ahead in life?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 18, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2012
I'm great at chatting to people, part of my job plus I have no worries being the retard, as I am one
Jun 18, 2017 6:31 AM

Mar 2016
On a scale from 1 to 10, Hachiman Hikigaya.
Jun 18, 2017 6:43 AM

Aug 2015
I only go out with my friends unless i feel there is a need to, or when i realize that i have wasted to many hours in front of a screen.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Jun 18, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2016
I strongly prefer being left alone, but I'll occasionally hang out with a friend irl. However, I have online friends I'd consider closer friends more than the ones I have in person/locally, since I've either known them longer and/or have more in common with them.

I'm very introverted, don't like people in general, and avoid communication with strangers when possible. In fact, I go through periods of not talking to any of my friends from time to time.
Jun 18, 2017 9:07 AM

Mar 2016
On a scale of 1-10 where most people are 6s &5s , I'd be a 4.

I'd rather sleep than party.
Jun 18, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2016
I like to have fun :D so I often go to parties and such which naturally, have lots of people. Some of them I like and some of them I can't stand the sight of, but for me that's the fun of "socializing". Lots of people assume being an anime/manga fan (or superfan in my case <3) means I "must be" asocial or shy or nerdy , etc. So they're often very surprised to find out that I am a fan of anime and manga.
And then there are days when I just want to turn off my phone, get rid of people, curl up in bed with potato chips and a really good anime on ^^
Jun 18, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2009
I dislike starting conversations, but I often become close with others if they speak to me first. I can talk for hours if the mood is right.

Ironically, it's the opposite for me in MAL. I like starting talks with new people, but I'm terrible at replying and keeping up.
Jun 18, 2017 10:39 AM

Mar 2015
I don't start conversations, I maintain them. Even forcefully if needed as there's nothing worse than awkward silence.
what
Jun 18, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
yuliyana29 said:
Socializing and me would never make a good pair. I feel uncomfortable on social situations. I prefer being alone with/around stuff I like, and I can communicate of course but I dislike to do it often; it looks awkward. Time to time, I even tell my family members to stop being bothersome with talking and chill 'cause I honestly have no nerves to listen to some random blabs they say I'm not even interesred in. I love the silence.

You sound a lot like me IRL. Only socialize if I have to and doing it too much is bothersome.
Jun 18, 2017 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
Never been really social mostly because i'm shy. I've got a few friends IRL, its kind of hard to be anti-social when you have school and a job.
Jun 18, 2017 8:24 PM

May 2008
Mostly I'm pretty close to being a shut-in these days. I work from home. I get my groceries delivered through Instacart and everything else through Amazon. I go outside occasionally to grab some fast food or check the mailbox and I have one friend who's house I'll go to maybe once every couple of months and chat with for a few hours. My 'socializing' most often involves just texting though.
Jul 16, 2017 7:47 PM

Jun 2017
In the work, I used to talk to colleagues. I don't know if can be considered, but I think I can socialize in the work. Besides this, I can handle with 3/4 persons in a group, but more than that, nops. In general, not very social. But I can handle very well in one-to-one.
TipherJul 17, 2017 6:22 PM
Jul 16, 2017 8:00 PM

Apr 2017
About 7. Maybe closer to 12 on other days.

make yourself comfortable, i'll be done in just a few decades
Jul 16, 2017 8:06 PM

Apr 2017
Very antisocial. Always been this way but I tend to be a really good team player at work or school yet beyond that I rarely ever go out or do anything with people, maybe once a year.
Jul 17, 2017 12:01 AM
Jun 2017
Im very- very antisocial. People try to be friends with me but I usually just avoid it. I want to make friends but when I get the chance I just get so nervous that I freak out and start avoiding them.

Even in school I didn't know how to make friends. I would (and still can) talk to people and have really good conversations but it never went past that.

I should probably talk to a therapist XD
Jul 17, 2017 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
i rate my social ability/life a 4/10
Jul 17, 2017 2:04 AM

May 2015
I try to be as social as I can. Introversion is boring. There is time to be alone, but life is here to be experienced, not escaped from.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 17, 2017 2:12 AM
Jun 2016
As anti social as it gets, Ever since i was a kid. I am a reserved person who enjoys solitude. However, If i like someone, I will be quite "social".
Jul 17, 2017 2:46 AM

Oct 2016
Social enough to go to work and speak in meetings I guess.. but for parties and after office invitations, I usually decline unless it's a close friend and I trust.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jul 17, 2017 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
Not at all. Being with people makes me feel exhausted, it drains my energy. I enjoy spending time with friends from time to time, but I mostly just want to be alone.
Jul 17, 2017 3:48 AM

Apr 2013
tfw personality quizzes says that ur an introvert but u also get rly lonely and can't get past 2 days without hanging out with someone. i think the whole intro/extro thing is a sham tbh.
i'm moderately social. i grab or cook food w/ friends during most weekdays & usually spend fri or sat with a big group.
Jul 17, 2017 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
i hate introducing my self first when im with new people
but i do like the atmosphere being around a group, mainly discussing something that is not pointless and say meh we're just wasting time.
Jul 17, 2017 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
I joined the MAL Discord so I must be very social.
Jul 17, 2017 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
I'm very introverted, but also very social. ôo Behaving in social situations and doing the right things just comes very natural to me and I love being around people. I just need longer breaks from them too ... and I love to read people. ^^" Like sitting there in the train and analyse how two people interact with each other and reading all the small things they do in their interaction. *just researching as scientist and hobby-author :X*
Jul 17, 2017 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
I rarely-sometimes socialize with people. I'm awkward socially
Jul 17, 2017 8:15 AM

May 2016
Asking this on MAL lol you really a have sense of humor
Jul 17, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2017
On a scale of anti-social to social, I am anti-social :)

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 17, 2017 8:46 AM

Feb 2017
I'm really extroverted. I love being with my friends/acquaintances and I love meeting new people. I like parties and hanging out in large groups, and I don't feel awkward making conversation with strangers.

I like some alone time, because who doesn't, but for me being with others is always a better option than staying in.

Honestly I just love listening to people because people are interesting.
ladamesansmerciJul 17, 2017 8:49 AM
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Jul 17, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2014
Very ambivert, it depends on my mood, really.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Jul 17, 2017 8:55 AM
Jul 2017
I'm social when I need to be. I think I can do fine as the quiet leader especially if it concerns schoolwork. I have friends but if I also have a tendency to shut myself away from everybody (except my best friend) once vacation starts, even from Facebook or Twitter.

But sometimes good anime, especially high school ones make me wish I hung out with my friends more.

Jul 17, 2017 10:28 AM
Mar 2014
"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists."
- Nikola Tesla

I highly recommend the book "Awareness" written by Anthony de Mello. It explains a lot.

Personally i have tendency to idealize people what results in many collisions with reality i open myself with an illusion of being understood and end up disappointed. i cannot bring myself to start a proper dialogue with those who kept being ignorant to things important to me which is why i feel good in my own company. i usually want to back my words or delete my statements in case of fear of being misunderstood. yah i am super antisocial.
Jul 17, 2017 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Very antisocial. Tbh I am too lazy to socialize, besides I get really tired of people after sometime.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do Americans reproduce by mitosis?

Dije - 2 hours ago

6 by PreachElectrick »»
3 minutes ago

» What is a food you hate that everyone likes? ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 30, 2023

76 by LoveYourSmile »»
22 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

61 by LoveYourSmile »»
33 minutes ago

» What do you smell like?

Theonewhorules - Feb 17, 2022

48 by Zarutaku »»
48 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

54 by Entity72 »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.