Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2016 10:01 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Poor old Bando...... still throwing badly. Great episode with loads of fun things happening.
Dec 18, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2016
I am starting to think Ibaru has a disorder himself.. Could be a story telling device, could be the former or maybe even a mix of both.

As someone else mentioned, there probably is some meaning behind the shots. I'd gotten so used to it that I didn't think much of it after three iterations.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jun 15, 2017 9:35 AM
Nov 2015
best ep since dick ep
Jun 15, 2017 9:37 AM
Nov 2015
Catalyze said:
Poor old Bando...... still throwing badly. Great episode with loads of fun things happening.

Is it still?? Or do they happen at the same time. It is also 17th of (what month??) at the start of Bando episode, so Irabu simultaneuously have different patients.
May 8, 2019 5:26 PM

Aug 2007
Nothing beats a Cuban cigar!

*hack cough hrk*

Aug 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Apr 2012
A surprisingly positive episode, this patient felt the least sick of them all.
Jan 13, 2020 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
So this happened at the same time with Bando's case?

Poor Nurse xD

Even a psychologist can have a problem with their mental health, just like Doctors also can be sick

I love how you can see the seiyuu's face expressions sometimes
Irino Miyu is the next patient
"Signature removed"
Feb 9, 2020 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Who didn't have crazy fantasies like that? XD Best episode yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 20, 2020 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
BANDOOOOOOOOOOO xD

That moment when the passenger on a train went out like a pack of cards hahaha

The whole episode was very good, I liked the direction

So the source of the illness was the suppression of inner desires to...watch baseball freely? xD
St0rmbladeAug 20, 2020 2:11 PM
Feb 1, 2021 1:33 PM

Mar 2010
Well im happy to see cameo of old characters
Feb 11, 2021 10:34 PM

May 2020
I really liked this episode. I enjoy that they're maintaining continuity with episodes by referring to other patients that are undergoing treatments at the same time. (Penis dude shows up in the first episode, Bando showing up in this episode)

The poor nurse. She's never going to live it down. I think this was the easiest problem to understand so far. Just a case of him feeling stifled by his in-law's expectations, although I'm glad it seems like Ikeyama does genuinely care about his wife and kid.
Jan 1, 2022 7:30 PM

Feb 2020
Good episode. I was surprised by the wholesome ending lol. turns out the guy just had to be honest with his family
Jan 10, 2022 4:02 AM

Nov 2018
Why the hell is it rated 7.95 while Tatami Galaxy is at 8.5+ ? I'd argue that Kuuchuu Buranko is even better.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 17, 2022 3:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lmao the fart in the elevator xD
Mar 27, 2022 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
Second best episode, easily. This was so much fun. I think having Irabu knowing the patient before hand helped make this one stick out a little more, and him leading the charge with the wig (I often questioned whether or not Irabu is actually present during many of these post-injection scenes [I think not], but since it was green bear and others directly talked to him, he was definitely there) was hilarious.

The treatment here was certainly the most amusing, the fart scene was pretty funny, as was the tv scene, but lifting off the wig with it's golden shine got the biggest laugh out of me. I also love how many of these treatments resulted in the cardboard cut-out background characters popping out into a more traditional design. Since Ikeyama's problem came as a result of repression to meld in with the rigid properness of his married into family's life, it makes sense to show the Ikeyama breaking out of that break the show's own mold. Very clever. And the Chameleon was maybe the most on-point animal symbol so far.

The end was also pretty sweet, we didn't get much insight onto his wife throughout the affair, but it was nice to so how immediately accepting to she was. I mean, it's just baseball of course she'd be good with it, but I like seeing it regardless. Nice to to reaffirm he has a place despite indulging in his own desires.
Oct 21, 2022 10:21 PM

Jan 2010

There's a lot of "blink and you'll miss it" moments throughout Kuchu Buranko. I liked the moment here where Ikeyama is eating, and the stormy ocean painting visually dominates the screen. It feels almost as if the entirety of the ocean's raging waves are bearing down on him, expressing his feelings of anxiety in a hyperbolic form.

Dr. Irabu mentions how he deals with OCD on a case-by-case basis, and Ikeyama's case apparently is aided by actually giving into his impulses as a means of relieving stress. However, it still doesn't solve get rid of the core cause of his stress. Ikeyama isn't just repressing his desire to be a prankster, he's been changing his entire way of being to fit into a new, stifling life. His delusions are actually pretty scary, as they seem realistic in terms of what I've seen people experience. If Kuchu Buranko has done anything, it's made me think about how much psychological damage a person can do to themselves just through self-inflicted and environmentally-induced stress.
Oct 24, 2022 10:15 AM

Jan 2020
It was interesting to see Irabu at this medical gathering prior to our usual introduction to him. I never really thought about it, but I suppose that makes him a true professional. He has colleagues and everything.

Fart treatment eh? And the poor nurse caught the blame.

With other scenes from previous patients lining up with one another, it makes you wonder how Irabu is treating them simultaneously? I mean, doctors can have multiple patients, but Irabu specifically seems to be very one-on-one. I'm fairly certain they showed him at the baseball games, and this showed him watching the scene where the baseball hit the runner. So, presumably he was at both places at once?

Anyway, I wasn't aware that destructive behaviors were a symptom of OCD. Pretty good episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 11, 2023 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
Fella just wants to cause mischief. I mean, I can understand, lmao. There were (and still are) times where I'm thinking, "What if I were to do this?~"

He farted in the elevator and blamed it on the lady, lol.

It's nice to see a cameo from Bando (who was the subject of the previous episode). I do like those kind of things 'cause it reminds me of a saying my brother once told me, "When you're living your life, someone else is living theirs."

Also, I can't get over the ending of every episode when Mayumi is waving goodbye and flashes the audience her beautiful smile. Aye yai yai
Jun 6, 8:14 PM

Sep 2016
Man the wig removal had me on the edge of my seat, that was some real suspense XD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

96 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

198 by milkdweller »»
Aug 15, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2009

45 by TheSelleri »»
Jun 6, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

53 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2009

69 by Karva1 »»
May 4, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.