Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh the teasing.

Drama is still pretty evident as Momo deals with his perosnal demons. Nino's skills are put to test as she introduces herself to the other judges. God I wish she sung a different song besides Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Nino makes a scene in front of everyone...yikes.
May 9, 2017 7:27 AM

Nov 2007
So Momo started to work as a composer to pay his father's debt. Wow, so he already gave up on meeting the girl. He also changed his name and said not going to appear in front of people.

Main girl still needs lots of practice... Also new outfit.

Showing a bit of the memory when Momo's family left. It seems like his mother is using him... The truth behind him not wanting to meet her.

Audition day. He originally didn't plan to show up, but he did. Their memory song cannot bear him. He left her cruel word.

Ep.1 syndrome again at the band performance. A different song was used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8nepdytkQ. (Wished this was used instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paS5J8hyAYc) Momo said on TV.
tsubasaloverMay 9, 2017 8:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2017 7:31 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Well the serie is getting better. Maybe Nino is going to start haiting Momo but he deserves it

May 9, 2017 8:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was really intense......Dunno what to say right now tbh

May 9, 2017 8:56 AM

Jun 2015
So Momo used the songs he wrote for Nino for money. He even said she failed at the audition. But that didn't stop her from trying harder.
May 9, 2017 9:01 AM
Nov 2013
tsubasalover said:

Ep.1 syndrome again at the band performance. A different song was used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8nepdytkQ. (Wished this was used instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paS5J8hyAYc) Momo said on TV.

Canary is more addictive
May 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
This episode was quite something, really good one at that.

We finally get to see Momo's side of things, I've been wanting to learn his story since episode 2 and I'm glad we got it. :)
So Momo doesn't want to sing with Nino because he feels ashamed for having used the songs he wrote for her to make money. In fact he feels he writes for money and not because he wants too and that makes me feel bad for him. The part where he said he didn't know how to write songs for Nino anymore was really sad. :(
Momo's mom sucks big time.

I'm glad Momo decided to sit on Alice's audition but he was definitely quite harsh on her. :(

In No Hurry performance was great and Momo's shock on seeing it was nice, maybe he'll finally be able to write songs for Nino again. At least I hope so.
May 9, 2017 9:53 AM

Nov 2016
Dat Yakuruto advertisement :D

I found the audition very unpleasant to watch and not just because Nino sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" again. The following drama on the other hand was more to my liking, even though Nino shouting Momos name was cringey(I hate that word, but I can't think of anything better) again :S

The performance at the end was quite decent. Overall solid episode, it was nice to get some insight from Momos perspective.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2017 10:00 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was the first time where the drama did its job here instead of making me shake my head. Definitely the best episode so far.
May 9, 2017 10:15 AM
Jun 2015
I actually felt so embarrassed watching the entire scene with Nino's audition. Yikes!
May 9, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
Finally Nino makes her presence known. Damn too intense!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 9, 2017 10:34 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Toot Toot. Weeabbboooo here~! (Also haven't read the Manga)

Oh lordly lord.. Momo has some intense angst... (Also all I hear is Tsukishima when he speaks...This guy is just Tsukishima without Volleyball...)

Protect my smol son thou.

Also.. savage... savage drummer.... (but cute) ahahaha....

WHEN SHE STARTED SINGING THIS I WAS READY TO THROW SOMETHING. DAMNIT MAN...... -RANDOM SQUARKS...

Nino bby pls you're killing me and Momo over here... we cannot handle the angst...

*Random dying sounds and choked sobs*

Momo you're a boob sometimes but also.. feels... I don't know if I want to punch you or hug you damnit... Please either be an ass or be ansty but stop being both because I have so much mixed feelings for you.

Yuzu. Yuzu is my favourite.... he's short and precious and is Izuku... I just hear Izuku....

He's a cute lil Tsudork... :') He's adorable! I just need him to be happy.

And Momo... rude? :') You don't call the girl you're in denial about liking, a monster.

But damn son she can go berserk... but generally looks amazing in that outfit.
May 9, 2017 10:56 AM

Mar 2016
Wow the was an emotional episode! I never thought the slow monotonous backstory would play out to give the characters in this anime such depth but that's exactly what happened in this episode! Momo has a weight on his back holding him down and preventing him from coming to grips with his true feelings for Nino and Nino is fighting the emotions welling up inside her then you've got poor Yuzu who is a bystander to the conflict between Momo and Nino but is entangled in his own struggle to reach Nino with his feelings. None of this is new information but it finally feels real in this episode...I can feel the struggles of the characters and the emotional battle resonates in a way it hasn't before in this anime! When Nino sang at the orientation I didn't have any emotional response to her losing control and singing with a passion because the character was still a mystery that had not yet been fully explored BUT NOW I felt a deep emotional connection to her performance on stage with in NO Hurry and it looks like Momo did too! Can't wait to see how the follow this episode up next week!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 9, 2017 11:11 AM
Aug 2016
Wow really loved everything about this episode. Can't really wait too see (if it'll be animated) when Yuzu find who Momo is.
May 9, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Another great episode. Btw, is it me or graphics were pretty bad today?
May 9, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2015
I think I heard Arai Satomi as the producer.
May 9, 2017 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
Alice's sing-screams are awesome, especially her scream at the beginning. Just her head and arm movement get kind of weird to watch after a while... The costumes are great though. I love the music in this series!

The animation quality seemed to have dropped a lot in the episode though... there seemed to be even more deformed faces/unproportional bodies than in the earlier episodes.
May 9, 2017 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Lol. What a dick. I didn't expect something like this.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 9, 2017 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Loved the way Alice got to say "In your face " to Momo Here's what you could have had. Poor Yuzu gets to hear his Alice turn into a monster using his music just to speak to Momo
May 9, 2017 6:55 PM
Jul 2018
wow, poor alice. momo is an ass smh. i've never liked him.
May 9, 2017 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
I so wanted to love that show but Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Lalalala songs killed it. I think I will lose my mind if she sings that again. Still watching though.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
May 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Jun 2016
A nice Momo heavy episode. I wanted to know more about him so it was nice. His parents suck, absolutely suck. Guessing the only reason why he did all this was to possibly see Nino again? His whole struggle within himself is probably one of the more interesting things about the show so far.

Plus, the show seems better with the more blatant comic relief. It doesn't feel too heavy like the first 2 episodes.
May 9, 2017 9:31 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, the live performance rocks!! Wish I can hear a version without dialogue.

I've been thinking this for awhile now, but this one had me convinced that In No Hurry is better with berserk mode Nino than the normal bland sounding Nino. The band thrives in it, everything sounds much more alive.

No doubt, Momo had notice that too hence his big reaction to call Nino a monster.
May 9, 2017 9:32 PM
Nov 2013
Momo is actually so good, he is harsh for reason not because he is acting all mighty or being tsundere just the sake of it. Now, I don't know which team to chose

I laugh my ass of when Nino suddenly used englsh I DON'T KNOW and Miou respense OH...they are cute
Takeoff31May 10, 2017 4:04 AM
May 9, 2017 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
Me when Nino said she was going to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star:

May 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Dec 2011
See I get momo's side of things but still cant come to like him much, including after how he reacted during the audition. Yes Nino was singing their child hood song but he only said she fail because it drove to past up and he didnt like that. Kind of a dick move really on his part though twinkle twinkle little star was a cringey song to being with. Love the way Nino then shoves it in his face at the end when he sees her on tv. Was great the face he made when he realized what he basically created without actaully realizing it. I would much perfer Nino and Yuzu ending up together but at this point who knows. Including with the dialogue at the end it sounded like Yuzu and his regret probably hinting toward momo and Nino probably reconnecting but then again who knows. Good episode cant wait for more.
~♠♦♣♥~

“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.”

~♠♦♣♥~
May 10, 2017 5:25 AM

Jan 2017
Finally, things are moving along in a good direction! I am glad we got to know more about Momo's backstory. His actions towards Nino make much more sense.

I sure hope she puts Twinkle Twinkle to rest now.
May 10, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
Annick said:
I so wanted to love that show but Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Lalalala songs killed it. I think I will lose my mind if she sings that again. Still watching though.

i love her lalala songs, but i admit i'm getting bored of twinkle little star, too many animes use it already...

oh well i still like this show cause of the music and yuzu is cool, i don't like momo tho
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 10, 2017 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was awesome, though i feel Nino's singing as Alice is a little strange compared to prior, the new opening was a little weird too. Overall i absolutely love this anime though and want to know why its ranked in the 3k's, do not enough people know about this or something?
May 10, 2017 8:54 AM

May 2016
i laughed so hard when i saw CGI concert.
May 10, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2012
EVERYTIME NINO SAYS MOMO DRINK A SHOT!
No, really, stop that, it is annoying af.
YUZU IS BEST GUY AND THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FRUSTRATING Ç-Ç
Momo is kinda meh, too angst for my tastes

I...
don't really like Nino's voice. It is...bad...I suppose it is going to be like this and then get better...? I can see the potencial tho.
(When she screamed "MORE" it was so much better than her singing voice)

Annick said:

I KNOW RIGHT?! OH MAN, I HAD TO MUTE THE EPISODE IN THAT PART. D:
taynisMay 10, 2017 10:12 AM

May 10, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
taynis said:
EVERYTIME NINO SAYS MOMO DRINK A SHOT!
No, really, stop that, it is annoying af.
YUZU IS BEST GUY AND THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FRUSTRATING Ç-Ç
Momo is kinda meh, too angst for my tastes

I...
don't really like Nino's voice. It is...bad...I suppose it is going to be like this and then get better...? I can see the potencial tho.
(When she screamed "MORE" it was so much better than her singing voice)

Annick said:

I KNOW RIGHT?! OH MAN, I HAD TO MUTE THE EPISODE IN THAT PART. D:

Good idea! I will have a shot or two until I don't mind anymore XD
I'm not a fan of her voice either, especially when she sings Twinkle Twinkle and before that lalalalala. I was ok with it once or twice but I think they abused of it a little too much.
My Candies:

Bonus candies:
May 10, 2017 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly dramatic confrontation, definitely a long way to go.
May 11, 2017 12:54 AM

May 2016
AbyssAnime said:
This episode was awesome, though i feel Nino's singing as Alice is a little strange compared to prior, the new opening was a little weird too. Overall i absolutely love this anime though and want to know why its ranked in the 3k's, do not enough people know about this or something?
Maybe because its Shoujo and has Romance tags in it.Shoujo in particular is somewhat predictable and most people tend to avoid it.

What a horrible Mom.
So he is tone deaf huh?That's why his voice is not really good

Again with the Twinkle Twinkle Star.Although it is slightly better compared to the past episodes ,i wish this is the last time we hear it, though from the looks of it,we will still hear it in the future episodes :(

What a dick move, Momo.

Love the glare that Nino made while performing in the TV.It just basically screams of "Suck this, Asshole!"
May 11, 2017 1:42 AM

Feb 2011
BtheBeast said:
A nice Momo heavy episode. I wanted to know more about him so it was nice. His parents suck, absolutely suck. Guessing the only reason why he did all this was to possibly see Nino again? His whole struggle within himself is probably one of the more interesting things about the show so far.

Plus, the show seems better with the more blatant comic relief. It doesn't feel too heavy like the first 2 episodes.

I totally agree: poor Momo, carrying that heavy burden all to himself over his parent's mistake: using his greatest treasure he loved with all his heart as a duty ( no longer his passion) only for the sake of money to pay out his parent's debt. I have to say, Momo has a tragic life after he moved away: getting up or should I say, sacrificing everything he desires: his dreams and promises he made with Nino by carrying on a path only he suffers alone ( and he doesn''t want Nino to see the person he has become) that's the main reason why he doesn't want Nino to see him.

When Momo heard Nino singing that song they both sang together as children was a reminder of the past where he was happy and full of joy: now Momo believes that he can't grant that happiness they both shared: he said those cruel words just to cut ties with her, but deep down, it's only hurting him more and more by saying things he doesn't mean it: so much that he was crying alone): it was very emotional seeing how hurt both Nino and Momo feel where Nino only wants to bring the promise they both made and Momo believes he doesn't deserve to be happy anymore: I got very sentimental when I saw the part of the episode: I kept saying, why Momo, why you must give up your happiness over something it was never your fault- his parent's greatest mistake is what drive him to become distant from the things and the person he loves: it's so sad. T_T
To me, Momo is my favorite character and it's too bad we hard see him: every time I see him, I always get curious to know more about his character. It's nice to see a fan like you who also sees Momo as one promising character: most fans say bad things about him which it's sad really: but then again, it's all matter of opinion I suppose.
sweetangieMay 11, 2017 2:33 AM
May 11, 2017 12:26 PM

May 2010
A serie very much was pleasant, but knowing that will be farther - any more it isn't pleasant :( As children small, really. She childhood friend! How it is possible to ignore her all this time?? It will be worse further, be afraid...
May 12, 2017 5:13 PM
Nov 2016
She sang her heart out! Thats our nino!!! Way to Go ! 👏🏻👏🏻😘 Great ep 👍🏻
Awesome performance! CANARY Indeed!!! Perfect namn 👏🏻 Chills!

I dont think Nino is the one went beserk! I think it's was momo! With this episode I do get his story more now and that he feels ashamed to show himself for Nino! Also it's very frustrating how he did everything for his family yet is so heartless and ungrateful! Who bullies their kids dreams so what he's a bit tone deaf? I would still be proud of a person like him! 😤 But Momo you still need to work on his mind! Not cool man, at this point he's not only self harming himself but Nino along with him! Such a tusendare!😞

Gosh it's feels like everybody is hurting in this show! Love how they make you feel connected to every character yet confused 😵 since you don't who to root for cause efterone has their reasons!
Gotta give to our honey Nino but still rooting for Yuzu too.

Btw!! Does anyone else really digg the ending song? Aw that guitar solo 😍 My favourite! Kinda reflect the show for me! ❤️❤️
StarletM58May 12, 2017 5:33 PM
May 12, 2017 7:07 PM

Mar 2014
You'll regret this Momo !!
Just looking at her eyes is enough to send the message

May 12, 2017 8:21 PM
Mar 2016
Sarah_Azzawi said:

Btw!! Does anyone else really digg the ending song? Aw that guitar solo 😍 My favourite! Kinda reflect the show for me! ❤️❤️

I digg every song, the full version of the songs are awesome, there are also awesome guitar solo in almost all song, and Alice's singing is really awesome and interesting
May 12, 2017 11:15 PM

Oct 2008
I just feel sorry for Yuzu he won't get Nino...cuz Nino is still too obsessed to Momo.
Yuzu should just go for Miou.
3/5.

LOL @ the Yakult reference...i also drink that lolz

May 13, 2017 12:56 PM
Mar 2016
Huh, well now Yuzu doesn't have to be the drag queen Alice anymore, but it looks like his replacement Nino isn't up to par.
May 14, 2017 4:00 AM

Mar 2017
I'm very pleased with the episode, it looks like the story is finally taking off in the right way, and I'm curious to know what's going to happen to Nino in the future. This Nana-like comments at the end of the episodes always leave me wanting more, so I do hope we'll get too see the whole story in the end (unlike Nana T.T). It was nice to finally see things from Momo's point of view, I liked learning the reason behind his behaviour, it was also touching when he said he doesn't know anymore how to write songs for her. I am growing more and more eager with every episode to see Momo and Yuzu relationship develop and then the moment of disclosure.
May 14, 2017 10:30 AM
Nov 2016
MoDE_Actived said:
Sarah_Azzawi said:

I digg every song, the full version of the songs are awesome, there are also awesome guitar solo in almost all song, and Alice's singing is really awesome and interesting

I know right!! :D Every song is out standing in its way. I love how much work they put into all the song. The whole soundtrack of the show is amazing, even the violin and piano in the beginning of the episode. It really is awesome!! Very excited for the future and the new song! ❤️❤️ :D
May 14, 2017 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
Momo was a jerk!
Nino rocked during the performance...all that without training, image when she is skilled, she will nail it!
May 15, 2017 3:08 AM

Aug 2012
xiety10 said:
You'll regret this Momo !!
Just looking at her eyes is enough to send the message

My favourite scene of the episode..

May 15, 2017 10:25 AM
Jan 2016
Great episode
Even if I know now the backstory of Momo I can't get to like him LIKE THIS ISN'T A REASON TO ACT LIKE A JERK
The scene of Yuzu and Nino hugging each other was so heartwarming
Wished Brain's base kept that line of Yuzu at that moment
The animation was bad in this episode :(
The song was so good Glad that this anime has a good soundtrack
Nino is stupid after what Momo said to her she should not think of him when you made that face say something like "you'll regret that decision" instead of "I'll make you look my way" this is so pathetic
I cringed so much when she sang twinkle twinkle little star UGGGGGGGHHHHH LIKE PLEASE STOP ENOUGH OF THAT TRASH
I feel bad for my Yuzu :(
May 16, 2017 12:09 AM
Nov 2016
Annick said:

Omg thank you! XD i was thinking the same thing!
Her lala is really annoying! I hope not every episode will be like this from now on. It's like she can't sing anything else but lala and twinkle little star. Smh...
I do like this anime it's going good just hope they pick a different song for her to sing like the opening.
May 17, 2017 4:36 AM

Apr 2016
Welp, the audition was absolutely horrible singing wise. I did like episode a lot overall though, story wise. It is nice to see more of Momo's side of things. Her voice did pleasantly surprise me during Canary. I hope her singing gets even better as the story progresses.
May 22, 2017 10:50 AM
Aug 2014
Just finished the episode and needed some space to vent out lol

So a songwriter that couldn't sing after losing his voice… and then another songwriter who was actually tone deaf hence unable to sing. Oh god I don't know how to cope with the drama but let's make use of the emotional masochism.

I'm a musician myself so it was like… Ohhh. I thought Momo was doing a second voice in the young age backstory― turns out it was tone deafness. Gosh. finally makes sense.

Loving their songs, they're majority in a heavy rock G-major with unconventional chords. How lovely.
May 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Apr 2014
God, just drop the f*cking twinkle song already..

I guess the author really likes 'Perfume'

Katsu-kunJun 28, 2017 4:44 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

93 by imkentyholic »»
Feb 7, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Who should win Nino's heart?

bittersweetlove - Jun 4, 2017

39 by Jhenjhenmarine »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

164 by Sarakitteh »»
May 31, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

49 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 22, 2023 1:16 PM

Poll: » Fukumenkei Noise Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2017

27 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 22, 2023 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.