Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 1:22 PM
Apr 2013
Immahnoob said:
worldeditor11 said:
Ok guys, shall I wait for the BDs or just marathon the TV version?
Just marathon it. I doubt much will change in the BD.
I guess my hopes of animation fixes in the BDs are nothing more than wishful thinking.
Sep 11, 2016 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Sometimes791 said:

If they don't have enough money to pay the art department, then they've to cut back on expenses. This leads to less detailed pictures and sloppy transitions between scenes because less scenes and less detailed scenes mean less costs. While the time also plays a role, it could also be the infamous budget allocation mistake.
Time Constraints*............................................................

Do you have proof for your statement? Like I've said, the quality of the animation is closely tied to budget.
INB4 the retards that think TV animation is about Budget...

It's not completely about budget, but budget plays a key role in the final result.

The number of frames that a key animator draws for a movement will depend upon the intentions of the key animator and the nature of the cut, with time, and budget constraints considered.

If you want to really show how "retarded" I am, give me proof. I know that WhiteFox usually has a big budget, but even they can run out of it.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Sep 11, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
worldeditor11 said:
Ok guys, shall I wait for the BDs or just marathon the TV version?

Unless you want to see more gore. I think the first BD volume featured scenes that were more graphic than the TV version

Also, friendly reminder that calling animation terrible is not a fact
Sep 11, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
GuidedCursor said:
What's the shape of DNA molecule

Double Felix

Lol. That's too much sausages
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Sep 11, 2016 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
worldeditor11 said:
Immahnoob said:
I guess my hopes of animation fixes in the BDs are nothing more than wishful thinking.

He might've referred more (if not entirely) about the gore being more explicitly shown there (uncensored).

Benphyre said:
GuidedCursor said:

Double Felix

There's enough h- no... No, no.
Sep 11, 2016 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
Benphyre said:
GuidedCursor said:

Double Felix

I actually do not mind if its Felis...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 11, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2014
Sometimes791 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Time*..............................................

If they don't have enough money to pay the art department, then they've to cut back on expenses. This leads to less detailed pictures and sloppy transitions between scenes because less scenes and less detailed scenes mean less costs. While the time also plays a role, it could also be the infamous budget allocation mistake.

Animators/painters/BG painters/photographers are paid by animation cut (range of action for a scene). Time plays a bigger role here.
Sep 11, 2016 1:38 PM
Apr 2015

This episode was good
Sep 11, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Could someone spoil me on the missing Satella scene? Obviously, use the spoilers tag.

I can't get enough of Betelgeuse. He's definitely the ultimate waifu out there, I don't care what others say.

Sep 11, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
Z4k said:
Sometimes791 said:

Animators/painters/BG painters/photographers are paid by animation cut (range of action for a scene). Time plays a bigger role here.

It may play a major role as well, but he basically claimed that budget has nothing to with animation (with different words) and called people who brought that up "retards":

I initially just wondered whether it has something to do with budget allocation as well and if they're able to pull off a satisfying animation quality for episode 25.
Sep 11, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
TsundereHeart said:
subaru has gotten a lot more efficient with his deaths...like the way this is going he only needed one death to pass this obstacle instead of like 4~5
It's not a given that he won't die.
LauraBirdie said:
Immahnoob said:

Unless you want to see more gore. I think the first BD volume featured scenes that were more graphic than the TV version

I didn't know this, they seem to have censored the scenes in such a way that it's not noticeable that shit is missing.

I think I'll marathon the BD if we ever get a S2.
worldeditor11 said:
Immahnoob said:
I actually meant it more like "There's little to fix so the BD is just for the video quality.".

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 11, 2016 1:45 PM
Sep 2016
Adioso said:

This episode was good

Hmm, maybe that good become a new meme
Sep 11, 2016 1:46 PM
Apr 2013
Immahnoob said:

I actually meant it more like "There's little to fix so the BD is just for the video quality.".

Yeah, I know.

LauraBirdie said:
Immahnoob said:

That's the main reason why I am asking; whether there is anything more worthwhile to wait for the BDs other than the extra sprinkle of gore and the obvious better video source.
Sep 11, 2016 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
Z4k said:

It may play a major role as well, but he basically claimed that budget has nothing to with animation (with different words) and called people who brought that up "retards":

I initially just wondered whether it has something to do with budget allocation as well and if they're able to pull off a satisfying animation quality for episode 25.

Just for your signature here... 14 days? If you're talking about what I think you are, shouldn't it be 7 days, for ep 25?
Sep 11, 2016 1:49 PM
May 2015
While I agree that the animation quality in this episode took a bit of a dive (They're probably going to focus most of their time on the final episode), I didn't think it was THAT terrible. I didn't even notice it until the second half of the episode.

I mean, Orange's episode 9-10's animation quality was way worse than this. You people are exaggerating and it's pathetic.

Sep 11, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Sometimes791 said:

Just for your signature here... 14 days? If you're talking about what I think you are, shouldn't it be 7 days, for ep 25?

Do you think that I'm so diligent? I'm truly slothful!
Sep 11, 2016 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
AmejiHunter said:

Will your brain tremble?
Sep 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This was a hugely satisfying episode. Finally things are coming together for Subaru!

Man, after all this time we're nearing the end. This has been one giant emotional roller coaster. I'll be both happy and sad when it ends.
Sep 11, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Todd_ said:
This was a hugely satisfying episode. Finally things are coming together for Subaru!

Man, after all this time we're nearing the end. This has been one giant emotional roller coaster. I'll be both happy and sad when it ends.

Mainly sad, don't worry. I got spoiled. You're gonna shit in yo' pants :)
Sep 11, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2015

waiting for the fifth one

Sep 11, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Sometimes791 said:

Will your brain tremble?

GuidedCursor said:
[...]

Re:Zero has a "flying people" fetish.
Sep 11, 2016 1:57 PM
Nov 2013
I thought it was good, more on episode 22s level. But good. I had more of an issue with the pacing than the animation, not like there was much fighting this episode anyway.

Also, white fox has done an amazing job on this series, so im not gonna let 2 medium quality episodes ruin the experience, they're kicking ass still IMO. And I never got the complaints with he whale episodes, I thought those were awesome from a production standpoint for the most part.

Anyway, I'll give this a 4/5.
Sep 11, 2016 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
AmejiHunter said:

Will your brain tremble?

GuidedCursor said:
[...]

Re:Zero has a "flying people" fetish.

I'm gonna trust you to update the number of days. I swear to god it would be hilarious to drop a huge ball of shit on this MAL forum, idk really how, but... you know.
Sep 11, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
AmejiHunter said:
I'm gonna trust you to update the number of days. I swear to god it would be hilarious to drop a huge ball of shit on this MAL forum, idk really how, but... you know.

My brain trembles in excitement!
Sep 11, 2016 2:03 PM
Mar 2013
Why did Subaru not tell Emilia about all his achievements? I just want Emilia to acknowledge him.
Sep 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
GET READY BOYS BECAUSE NEXT EPISODE, AFTER WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN, MAL IS LEGIT GONNA TURN INTO A SALT FEST. ANIME ONLYS WILL BE TRIGGERED

YOU ALL ARE ALREADY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE ANIMATION (Which isnt even noticeable or bad in any sense except Julius mouth disappearing. The quality did drop but you guys act like it become the end of evangelion or something) AND THE WHALE FOG ABILITY (got explained) AND SUBARU AND SUBARU AND OH YEAH, SUBARU AGAINx3 AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS SHOW THAT GOT EXPLAINED.

I cant wait for next sunday. These forums will truly become a shitshow

_Hans_Sep 11, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 11, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2012
So those theories about Pride and Emilia being vessel proved true. Well, it was expected.

But if anything, in this episode I realize I really don't care about Emilia anymore. she was offscreen way too long and there are tons of better characters than her in this series.

So as a send off for this series to its sequel she can as well become a witch reborn in the last episode.
Sep 11, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:

Not really. It could also be:

more budget=more hired staff=more work in same time

OR

more budget=talented staff=better result in same time
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 2:07 PM

Apr 2016
Moon_man said:
Fuck. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!
They skipped the
scene!? They probably won't the show the

The next episode is 25 minutes, and they'll have to skip who knows how many things to fit the content in. White fox needs to add an extra 20 minutes; they cannot pull off a good ending without it.
nope nope the first one should probably be shown next episode
Sep 11, 2016 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
AmejiHunter said:

I haven't read LN but I got spoiled on... what's gonna happen.. I'm pretty excited to see that.

I put my absolute, irrevocable, genuine, unconditional, humble, complete, sacred trust in you! You are truly slothful!

tbh tho, Betelgeuse is seriously my favorite character in a long time.
Sep 11, 2016 2:12 PM
Nov 2014
AmejiHunter said:
Sometimes791 said:

I haven't read LN but I got spoiled on... what's gonna happen.. I'm pretty excited to see that.

I put my absolute, irrevocable, genuine, unconditional, humble, complete, sacred trust in you! You are truly slothful!

this ^ , honestly i hope they don't skip that ,i mean , since i read the spoilers , i have been waiting all these episode for this boy to appear , if they skip that , f u white fox
Sep 11, 2016 2:12 PM

Aug 2015
A surprising save spot, but I expected what happened.
Sep 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2010
Kirasaya said:
Linck5 said:
What is this Ordeal they talked about in this episode? I didn't get it

They literally explained it this episode, they want to test emilia if she is worthy to become the witches vessel and if she is they let satella posses her, although if she isnt it also doesnt matter since the witch is going to be reborn soon anyway.

Kinda of in a rash at the moment but quick clafication here, Satella isn't dead. She was sealed.

MuQu said:
That old man took him 10 seconds to kill Betel , why this is taking more time with Juli , I mean he's not as good as whilhim but still

It's also because Betelgeuse wasn't suprised attack this time around.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 2:20 PM
Sep 11, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Can't wait to see the shitstorm and salt next week.
Sep 11, 2016 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
AmejiHunter said:
Sometimes791 said:

I love him as a character and his background story is pretty sad, so he basically carries arc 3. Especially the interactions with Subaru are so damn hilarious.
Sep 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2016
Eitori said:

My body is so ready for it ༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ MAL will break
Sep 11, 2016 2:20 PM

Nov 2011
Granted the episode was lacking in animation I still enjoyed every minute of it. We got more Emilia which is always good, and I really enjoyed Subaru in that Cat Ear Cloak. I forgot all about that.

The Finale next week tho!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 11, 2016 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
AmejiHunter said:

I love him as a character and his background story is pretty sad, so he basically carries arc 3. Especially the interactions with Subaru are so damn hilarious.

I have only seen one or two lines of his backstory on the wikia, care to spoiler tag it for me?
Sep 11, 2016 2:27 PM

Oct 2011
I'm a bit disappointed that he really was killed & respawned instead of being saved in some weird way but once you get over that the episode was awesome.
Only 1 episode left :///

Sep 11, 2016 2:27 PM

Jul 2011
So little happened that the episode felt like it was over in 3 minutes. Was too much of a contrast from the previous episode. Sure, in the mansion arc when Subaru is suddenly really cheery, he's usually acting and there's an underlying sense of uneasiness from before. I say this is easily the worst episode of the series and probably would've been fine in any other anime. The sweet Emilia moment with the kids was a breather, but the rest of the episode was just... I can find it in another anime really.

I still think Patarache is amazing~ <3

This couldn't be avoided but the abrupt change from the end of the last ending really was incredibly jarring. I now understand why that scene was put in the very last part of last episode, that was a good choice. I did actually think last week that the aftermath of Subaru's death in that situation would be something very interesting to watch, but I'll just have to assume that the universe implodes into itself when Subaru disappears lol.

Oh well, ON TO THE FINAL EPISODE!!! Hopefully it won't disappoint, but considering it's the final episode, it's probably just gonna be an arc wrap up episode... so if they can make it amazing, I'll be impressed xD
Sep 11, 2016 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Akuma-chi said:
So little happened that the episode felt like it was over in 3 minutes. Was too much of a contrast from the previous episode. Sure, in the mansion arc when Subaru is suddenly really cheery, he's usually acting and there's an underlying sense of uneasiness from before. I say this is easily the worst episode of the series and probably would've been fine in any other anime. The sweet Emilia moment with the kids was a breather, but the rest of the episode was just... I can find it in another anime really.

I still think Patarache is amazing~ <3

This couldn't be avoided but the abrupt change from the end of the last ending really was incredibly jarring. I now understand why that scene was put in the very last part of last episode, that was a good choice. I did actually think last week that the aftermath of Subaru's death in that situation would be something very interesting to watch, but I'll just have to assume that the universe implodes into itself when Subaru disappears lol.

Oh well, ON TO THE FINAL EPISODE!!! Hopefully it won't disappoint, but considering it's the final episode, it's probably just gonna be an arc wrap up episode... so if they can make it amazing, I'll be impressed xD

Oooh, my poor and naive child... :(
Sep 11, 2016 2:31 PM

Jun 2009
Subaru trolling Betelgeuse is always funny to me and I enjoyed it here. Also, nice to see that Subaru and Julius are still getting well even after the reset. I can't wait for the final episode next week.
Also, I think the art/animation didn't look bad. I personally didn't notice anything out of ordinary unlike with Orange or 91 Days.
Sep 11, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Betelgeuse is one of my favourite villains ever. That flying he done B-). I love how Subaru basically messes with him when he meets him these past few eps.

It seemed weird seeing things go to plan this well but gotta give Subaru credit with the new plans. Can't wait for next week! Though I'm upset its the last... Cool Julius too. Really love the idea of the cloak with the spell on it.
Sep 11, 2016 2:36 PM

Jul 2015
_Hans_ said:
Eitori said:

This will be a glorious day.
Sep 11, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes791 said:
_Hans_ said:

This will be a glorious day.

The only sad thing is
Sep 11, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2015
Good episode. Just one problem that I remember, if subaru and knight share senses and knight only sees what subaru sees, why the hell did subaru close his eyes mid fight for like 5 seconds?
Sep 11, 2016 2:43 PM
Jul 2016
AmejiHunter said:
Could someone spoil me on the missing Satella scene? Obviously, use the spoilers tag.

I can't get enough of Betelgeuse. He's definitely the ultimate waifu out there, I don't care what others say.

Its not in this episode

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
Immahnoob said:
RedaJaNai said:

Yeah that part was so unrealistic it became cringy AF. Why didn't more people notice that? lmao
Because it was explained right after that the coat has a spell on it. I wrote that before I watched the entire episode and left it as is because it's still lolworthy.

I would have paid for a scene in which Emilia is like "Subaru, I know it's you.".

Emilia style of cloak isn't even unique, the Iron Fang members (including the humans) have s similar design even up to the ear shapes on the back of the hood. Only the color is different so it a be bit of logic for Emilia to bypass the magic through that. Otherwise you can buy that commonly.
Iron_MawSep 11, 2016 2:50 PM
Sep 11, 2016 2:45 PM

Nov 2015
i think we all got from this episode that Emilia is precious and must be protected, that is all.
Sep 11, 2016 2:48 PM

Apr 2012
Jagd84 said:
Immahnoob said:
Because it was explained right after that the coat has a spell on it. I wrote that before I watched the entire episode and left it as is because it's still lolworthy.

I would have paid for a scene in which Emilia is like "Subaru, I know it's you.".

Emilia style of cloak isn't even unique, the Iron Fang members (including the humans) also have ear shapes on the back of the hood. Only the color is different so it a be bit of logic for Emilia to bypass the magic through that.
Dude, I doubt it's hard to understand that someone is wearing your coat, be it similar to other coats or not. They did explain it was the magic, not that she's so dumb not to notice that it's her cloak.

PukingMachines said:
i think we all got from this episode that Emilia is precious and must be protected, that is all.
That's episode 1 material. Without Subaru she'd be dead from ep 1 and no resets.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season one on Crunchyroll?

SenshadouOtaku - Yesterday

5 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2079 by -Vortex »»
Yesterday, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

539 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 27, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.