Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 27, 2016 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm more of a buildup chapter this week...

The last wish to kill the "One-Killed King" though.
Feb 27, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2014
-Furuta is surprised on how Eto seems to know everything.
Furuta seems responsible for a lot of shit that went down.
Personal implications, huh? Smug Furuta, we all know that you're a based madman but this is Eto we're talking about, she can do a lot.
Eto already knows that Aogiri is done for on Rue, she doesn't seem to care.
Casanova Furuta, she's taken, or atleast she thinks she is.
Damn, Furuta is basically representing V's ideology there.
Smug Eto is based. I love it how he casually carries the mask around.
>transvestite friend
What's with all the skulls in Eto's cell?
As much as I like Eto, I dislike how she always thinks that she's on some sort of a moral highroad, she's surely not helping the view of people on ghouls with the shit she did in the past.
Furuta got BTFO'd by a level of smug inimaginable.

Furuta and Rize at the Garden, I presume.
So they were...'specially made'.
I see.

Furuta lost his shit.
Based Kaneki caring for the health of his underlings.

Eto is always a few steps ahead.
He seems pleased with what's recorded, will be useful.
Eto trying to lend a hand, Kaneki is not interested.
He seems really set on whatever he plans to do, all or nothing.
>down there
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kill the OEK?
...right? Kaneki is obivously confused.
inb4 Arima is OEK.

CCG has really made a formidable army.
Looking at those squads, and then Ui, made me sad.
Everyone in his squad got killed. Poor lad.
Arima seems bored as always. Aura, wew, can't wait to see her in action.
Dandy is there too, hopefully his weapon got fixed, it was cool as fuck.
That freakish prison head and his mooks are rather unsettling to look at.
Kaneki really has a tough group to avoid once his plan commences, if he has one.

Tatara is all like 'getting to old for this shit'.
He's probably looking forward to settling the matters with Houji.
He understands that everything will go to shit.

That's a considerable army, won't mean anything against Arima though.
Batman is here....holy fuck. We waited for him for a long time.
Can't wait to see him in action and to see what kind of a person he became.
Feb 27, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2015
I think by OEK she means Arima or Amon.
Feb 27, 2016 4:59 PM

Jan 2015
Just as how the first Aogiri Tree arc turned Tokyo Ghoul on it's head, this upcoming one is repeating the process with even more spectacular reveals.

Can't wait to see Amon in action, though I have a feeling that the back and forth of the action could get a bit annoying.

Really want to see Kaneki confront Furuta since he's basically the one that ruined his life life.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Feb 27, 2016 5:08 PM
Mar 2014
Praise be, Amon has returned

Now we just have one more character yet to return

It's nice we get to see Furuta's true colors
Feb 27, 2016 5:13 PM
Sep 2014
FUCK YES SHITS GOING DOWN

A WILD AMON APPEARS -_0
Feb 27, 2016 5:14 PM
Sep 2014
So did eto tell Haise to kill himself then? LEL
Feb 27, 2016 5:20 PM
Apr 2014
Holy fuck what a chapter.
Furuta = Souta, where are all the naysayers now? so he's a washu and an experiment as well, maybe he and Rize failed experiment subjects from that fearsome one eyed ghoul from 100 years ago
"The OEK is in your bellies" in what bellies? this guy is literally in every group I can't tell.
Amon is here, I'm sure everything is daijobu now.
Drake1000Feb 27, 2016 5:41 PM
Feb 27, 2016 5:23 PM
Mar 2014

Furuta is a cutie ☆
Feb 27, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
All that plot progression. Holy shit.
Feb 27, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2014
My theory is that the One Eyed King is a symbolic one and he does not exist yet. He will be Kaneki at the end of TG. And will become a sort of Messiah for ghouls and humans alike.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Feb 27, 2016 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
Hide is the One Eyed King confirmed
Feb 27, 2016 5:45 PM
Apr 2015
Rather than see amon in action, I would rather see his point of view in the world now that he's a ghoul. Remember when he's bitching kaneki about how ghouls ruin the world, now I want to see his realization from his hypocritical ideals.
Feb 27, 2016 5:51 PM
Apr 2014
Keii-kun said:
Rather than see amon in action, I would rather see his point of view in the world now that he's a ghoul. Remember when he's bitching kaneki about how ghouls ruin the world, now I want to see his realization from his hypocritical ideals.

He already realized it a little when he was talking about the CCG conspiracy.
Feb 27, 2016 5:58 PM

Mar 2012
Holy shit, that was such a juicy chapter.
- Learning about Furuta and his role in the plot, his connection with Kanou, the Clowns, and V, and even the Washuu Family.
- Hints of the One-Eyed King, "Lives in your bellies"?, what does that even mean..
- Eto wants to kill the One-Eyed King, and not worship him.
- Foreshadowing of Kaneki's CCG betrayal
- Amon is back
skwok-ravenFeb 27, 2016 6:06 PM

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Feb 27, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
guys... i think i fell in love with furuta. yea its confirmed this chapter lol

edit: if i lived in tokyo ghoul world, i think i would be that woman who's jockeyed by furuta in the gourmet arc. yea yea i certainly would be her, nothing more.
ftsyzcFeb 27, 2016 6:10 PM
EustassKiddo !
Feb 27, 2016 6:04 PM
Jan 2015
I think Furuta has a Peter Pan syndrome.
I want him to feed me with lies & fatten me up and then roast me while everyone is watching so that I can die in a pig style.
I envy Ami...^_^

Furuta and Hideyoshi are brothers confirmed,both of them are fkboiz,it runs im the family

'Kill the one-eyed king'?
...Arima,perhaps?A few chapters ago she was comparing them and wondering who is stronger;Kaneki or Arima.So maybe,just maybe...

Welcome back,Amon!
Feb 27, 2016 6:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Amon's back!!! It's time for shit to happen in Rue Island!

5/5
Feb 27, 2016 6:05 PM
Dec 2015
Great chapter.

Ishida painted Matsuri as the power hungry Washuu when it was probably Yoshitoki who has held the aces and driving the ghoulification project all along. At this rate, there will be a whole bunch of characters with Washuu bloodlines, wouldn't be terribly surprised if Kaneki's father was a Washuu branch family member.

Going to be an all out battle on Rue Island, the new one-eyes against the new Qs. Poor Takizawa and Akira, their meeting will not be pleasant. Houji vs Tatara is a given confrontation since they have the Chinese history behind them.

Might be an impression from translation, but it sounds like Kaneki may be leading a revolutionary party of dissident CCG investigators. His "last job" has an arc ending tone to it - he'll either break out Hina-chan or die trying.

It really does sound like Ishida is setting Arima up as the OEK, he is in the CCG's "belly", the only thing we can't reconcile is the scar that didn't heal from fighting Kaneki in the first series.

Finally, Amon. Yes! I wonder which battlefield he will turn up in, I am picking Cochlea since he'll have serious existential questions he can only discuss and close off with Donata.
Feb 27, 2016 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
Loved it when Furuta lost it at the end of the conversation with Eto.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 27, 2016 6:15 PM
Sep 2014
Akai_Yami said:
Loved it when Furuta lost it at the end of the conversation with Eto.

LMAO Fratata was having a nervous breakdown, funny as hell
Feb 27, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
skwok-raven said:
- Hints of the One-Eyed King, "Lives in your bellies"?, what does that even mean..

Probably meant OEK is in V/CCG.
Feb 27, 2016 6:19 PM

Dec 2014
Furuta was every where. Furuta is Love. Furuta is Life. Furuta is God.
Feb 27, 2016 6:22 PM
Sep 2013
Furuta really couldn't be anything else.
Eto troll smile gives me life.
Smart putting a recorder in that room. Exposed!
Kaneki last job hmm
Rue island or chochela which place will have more causalities?
Everybody all in frenzy who is the OEK: Hide, Arima, Obito, Sui Ishida, the screaming homeless man?
Amon looking like a beast cant believe people doubted that was him all this time smh.
Feb 27, 2016 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
Souta is Yoshitoki's son. Ishida never disappoints. Souta had to be related to Yoshitoki.

-
-
I've never liked Eto, but I'm strating to like her because of this chapter. I love how she was mocking Furuta. He got him on nuts.
I liked how it was explained why Furuta is everywhere. He wants to get info about the OEK. I wonder why he started that. Probably a Washuu renegated son?
I just want Hinami to be released and Kaneki to betray CCG. I don't want any revelations anymore. If we get all the answers, the manga will end!
Feb 27, 2016 6:38 PM

Apr 2015
*Gasp* AMON! :D My buddy. :3

Alright what's here this week. :o

.Furuta being a creepy fuck.
.Eto being smart as fuck.
.Twist shenanigans.
.Buildup. Buildup. And more buildup. Ishida sensei will of course deliver.
.AMON! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU SON OF A BITCH?! :D

3.7/5 Can't wait for next week. ^_^
Feb 27, 2016 6:40 PM

Nov 2014
Wonder who the one eyed king is. Really i would think either kaneki arima or head of CCG since we know that ghouls are definitely at the top of the CCG, feel like arima is too smart to be their number 1 agent without figuring that out.

Anyway none of that really fits with its in their bellies, unless its a reference to ghouls as in humans or a human is the one eyed king. like arima or someone like kaneki who was formerly a ghoul. idk that seems too obvious but it seems like a master riddle/hint that ishida created for us.

who knows maybe we're not meant to understand what it means until we know. anyway a mystery this big typically leads to a character we've previously seen most logical guess would be kaneki because in the beginning of TG it was stated he was the only one who could convey the feelings of humans and ghouls to each other so maybe like someone else posted hell be a king in the sense of leading the humans and ghouls to peace but doesnt really follow the in your bellies thing unless its a metaphor of some sort and makes the whole kill the one eyed king thing confusing, presumably the one eyed king would be of immense power probably the strongest ghoul alive so i guess if kaneki was him he'd certainly be capable of killing himself/the one eyed king but this is all just random thought process.
Feb 27, 2016 6:50 PM

Feb 2011
This was an incredible chapter, I am stoked to see the outcome of the following events !
Feb 27, 2016 6:51 PM

Nov 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if Hide made an appearance next to Amon.

I kinda feel like Dr. Kanou used to work for V or may be even be the OEK himself lol. After all he basically had a hand in creating Eto's "child" (Kaneki) and may have a past with Furuta and Rize at that garden.

Anyways this was a good chapters, it's closing in less and less questions with more answers.

oh and, DUN NA NA NA BATMAN!
Feb 27, 2016 7:14 PM

Apr 2015
Anyway for those who can read Japanese raw do you know what Tatara actually said in this chapter? In the English ver he said he will return the favor but in the Chinese ver he said he already return the favor. Which one is the more accurate translation??
Feb 27, 2016 7:34 PM

Nov 2015
Wielder said:
Souta is Yoshitoki's son. Ishida never disappoints. Souta had to be related to Yoshitoki.

Souta concedes to Yoshitoki. Beautiful.

All Yoshitoki needs to do now is give Furuta a warm hug and say "I love you."

I've never liked Eto, but I'm strating to like her because of this chapter. I love how she was mocking Furuta. He got him on nuts.
I liked how it was explained why Furuta is everywhere. He wants to get info about the OEK. I wonder why he started that. Probably a Washuu renegated son?

He wants to impress his daddy Yoshitoki. Who wouldn't?
Feb 27, 2016 7:52 PM

Feb 2015
All we need is Hide to appear again.

But damn, Furuta is a member of everything there is to join isn't he? I need those multitasking skills of his.
Feb 27, 2016 7:59 PM

May 2015
that laughing of furuta.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Feb 27, 2016 8:17 PM

Dec 2009
bromains said:
Wonder who the one eyed king is. Really i would think either kaneki arima or head of CCG

RE: chapter 56 is called the second king so I would like to think that it means their is at least two or a new one in the making. Eto obviously wants the second king to take over, maybe even trying to manipulate Kaneki into being the new king.

Anyway, this was a great chapter. Can't wait for all the fights that are bound to happen sooner or later.
Feb 27, 2016 8:36 PM

Aug 2010
Not only we got a Furuta = Souta confirmation we also got the Furuta is a Washuu one too. He really does look like Yoshitoki ^^

Man Eto owned him lol. She sure knows pretty much everything there is to know. And man she keeps getting sexier by the chp <3

Even confirmation Ken's suicide mission. How are u gonna survive this Shit Kaneki D:
Amon!! Can we have a KenxAmon tag team vs Arima? Plz :P
Feb 27, 2016 9:16 PM

Oct 2014
And I think that the bodyguard of TG Kano was just another "human pet" (but theoretically ...):

TG:

TG:RE:

Eto is fed with real meat and not with "stew", being the daughter of someone gives certain privileges. :)

Eto and his way of not taking shit from anybody is wonderful.

I imagine the meeting of Tatara with Hoji: "Good night Hoji, look what I did to your boy (Takizawa) with one ghoulification surgery, a van and an old mattress, we're even you son of a bitch ... "

Amon and his "Shall we begin" .. .I want to see if the Kurona changed its visual. :)
Feb 27, 2016 9:38 PM

Dec 2009
So that was Amon on the last page... finally get to see him. And I'm liking Eto more and more as the chapters go.
Feb 27, 2016 9:55 PM

Nov 2014
THE REVELATIONS!!!
Feb 27, 2016 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
AMON IS BACK THEREFORE IT IS THE GREATEST CHAPTER OF RE SO FAR
Feb 27, 2016 11:22 PM
Jan 2016
About time. And Furuta = Souta confirmed

5/5
Feb 28, 2016 12:42 AM

Nov 2013

Eto's character gets better and better with each chapter. Her talk with Furuta was the best part and i love how she played with the clown by knowing his "daddy issues". I also love how Furuta explains how our real world is. Easy to control the masses and make them idiots do what they want.

It will be really interesting to see what Kaneki will do after his mission to save Hinami. Can't wait to see his plan to take out the real villains and the reason for his tragedy.

Amon's role and on which side he will choose to fight is going to be one of the highlights.
Who wouldn't love to see Kaneki and Amon join forces. :D
A reunion with Akira gonna be good when she see that sexy Ghoul.
Feb 28, 2016 1:14 AM

Aug 2011
What a chapter...
Feb 28, 2016 1:19 AM

Aug 2014
And now Kaneki working together with Eto?Wtf?Just kill the smug psycho b.tch already!
Feb 28, 2016 1:58 AM
Feb 2016
AMOOOOOOOOOOOON IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK !!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 28, 2016 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
Furuta you funny little shit. LOL at the " die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die "

Such burn, much hurt.

Feb 28, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
ishida has no chill...fucking savage
Feb 28, 2016 2:56 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah... amazing. Let's get over the fact that there seems to be no one who actually gives a shit about a ghoul being in prison. Fuck having eyes on a potential ghoul, let's just let her have anything she wants. Oh look, our half ghoul investigator is working with the potential ghoul. That makes sense.

Having recorders in the cells? no... let just let the investigators talk about whatever they want with the ghouls and of course Furuta tells his life story in there. Horrible writing...
Feb 28, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2011
One Eyed King may be SSS ghoul that is sealed in Cochlea. Did you forget that old Washuu managed to capture SSS ghoul once?

Furuta is still a likeable bastard.

Also, Chuck Norris is back.

5/5
CharlesMarlowFeb 28, 2016 3:19 AM

Feb 28, 2016 3:18 AM

Jan 2014
Good to Amon again
Feb 28, 2016 3:44 AM

Nov 2015
So Furuta is the ghoul Souta.
Amon is back, I think he's a one-eyed ghoul now.
According to the discussion between Eto and Kaneki, Kaneki is going to save Hinami.
Good chapter, looking forward to the next one.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

110 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

111 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

102 by almightybismarck »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.