Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2007
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.

You say it's a 4/10 for you but it's on your list as a 1/10. So you are likely just trying to deflate the score because you are butthurt about something, which is very low and childlike. People like you arent worth discussing with because your hate of something is completely unreasonable and much more intense than any reason.

I don't even understand the logic behind giving something a 1/10... No anime has 0 redeeming qualities to where it is unwatchable. It just comes from complete unreasonable excessive hate...
KetuekigamiDec 20, 2015 12:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2013
great finale for a great adaption
Dec 20, 2015 12:31 PM
Nov 2015
http://imgur.com/a/GW6Ee parallels between episode 1 to episode 12, boros is saitama
Dec 20, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2009
Hate to admit it but it failed to deliver enough. Too much hype for this show and this is all we get. But still good though.

Apr 2013
nobody1111 said:
http://imgur.com/a/GW6Ee parallels between episode 1 to episode 12, boros is saitama

Wow, I never noticed that. Pretty neat that Madhouse threw that in.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape

May 2010
"Fight was disappointing."

Literally kicking people to the moon and jumping back to Earth, and taking attacks that can destroy stars.

Dec 20, 2015 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
Its a shame MadHouse doesnt know what a second season is.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24

Oct 2012
Lots of salty hipsters in this thread. Finale was great. 9/10 for me. Would have been a 10/10 but the serious punch seemed a bit more underwhelming than it did in the manga and that was the climax of the fight.

Everything else was great from the banter to the comedy. As well as a more in depth look to Amai Mask's twisted personality.

Nov 2007
I am not sure how I feel about this episode.
2 episodes back, I loved how they showed every S hero as there were some nice new interestinglooking characters. All fights in last episodes were great.
But I don't know about Boros vs Saitama. It looked so good, animation, how it was drawn, effects, music. But I found it lacked something and that is making me feel a bit sad about the episode. I was hoping Boros would maybe survive, or that he would actually damage the Saitama. Yeah the fight did not end in one second like all others, but just like Boros said, Saitama is too strong for any enemy, he held back during the fight and then ended it with one punch. I was hoping to see Saitama sad realizing all fights will be boring for him just as they were for Boros, or at least some words about but, some development, but nope, nothing. And I see people saying the scene in manga showed sadness much clearly so maybe it is there, but they did not show it enough. :(
For me the best point of this season was during the Fishmen King fight, after Saitama took him down and people were saying how heroes must be weak because nobody like Saitama took the king down. And then he realized just how much he with his OP makes others hard working heroes look too weak and targeted their blame on himself, that was the best scene, best episode of those 12 in my opinion. And then how Mumen Raider sat down with him and they we got flashback at how Raider said to Saitama that he is hero just like him and that made Saitaman super happy. For me, that is what this show is about.

I liked other characters and how they fought, evolution of Prison guy was great, as seeing other guys fight. I don't get the mr. Popular tv show star hero though, he is even more annoying then that kid from fishmen king episodes >.<
Dec 20, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2015
Ketuekigami said:

I don't even understand the logic behind giving something a 1/10... No anime has 0 redeeming qualities.

If you can give an anime 10, you can give an anime 1.
Dec 20, 2015 12:36 PM

Jun 2013
zunderdog24 said:
Its a shame MadHouse doesnt know what a second season is.

What are you talking about?

May 2013
Mannn Madhouse delivered again sasuga. 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 2015
BlackAssasin said:
I am not sure how I feel about this episode.
2 episodes back, I loved how they showed every S hero as there were some nice new interestinglooking characters. All fights in last episodes were great.
But I don't know about Boros vs Saitama. It looked so good, animation, how it was drawn, effects, music. But I found it lacked something and that is making me feel a bit sad about the episode. I was hoping Boros would maybe survive, or that he would actually damage the Saitama. Yeah the fight did not end in one second like all others, but just like Boros said, Saitama is too strong for any enemy, he held back during the fight and then ended it with one punch. I was hoping to see Saitama sad realizing all fights will be boring for him just as they were for Boros, or at least some words about but, some development, but nope, nothing. And I see people saying the scene in manga showed sadness much clearly so maybe it is there, but they did not show it enough. :(
For me the best point of this season was during the Fishmen King fight, after Saitama took him down and people were saying how heroes must be weak because nobody like Saitama took the king down. And then he realized just how much he with his OP makes others hard working heroes look too weak and targeted their blame on himself, that was the best scene, best episode of those 12 in my opinion. And then how Mumen Raider sat down with him and they we got flashback at how Raider said to Saitama that he is hero just like him and that made Saitaman super happy. For me, that is what this show is about.

I liked other characters and how they fought, evolution of Prison guy was great, as seeing other guys fight. I don't get the mr. Popular tv show star hero though, he is even more annoying then that kid from fishmen king episodes >.<

This is good criticism. Not mindless hate.
Dec 20, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2010
Tylaen said:
Ketuekigami said:

I don't even understand the logic behind giving something a 1/10... No anime has 0 redeeming qualities.

If One Punch Man is a 1 then what is Severing Crime Edge?
Dec 20, 2015 12:37 PM
Feb 2012
Personally I think anyone who rates the show below 6/10 overall is talking out their ass. There were aspects and parts which could be considered below average, but others were well above average.
If you're giving it flat 10/10 you're also just as bad - the show was not perfect.
I don't get why people rate a show based entirely on it's level of hype/ how much it's bashed on/ other reviews/ source material. Sure, rate it partly due to that, but not entirely, otherwise you are blatantly ignoring the majority of a show's aspects.

Personal opinion - 9/10 for the episode, about an 8 overall
Dec 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2015
Thrashinuva said:
Tylaen said:

If One Punch Man is a 1 then what is Severing Crime Edge?

Dec 20, 2015 12:38 PM

Feb 2015
gg! Boros and Saitama!!!
great fight as i expected. i don't have anything to say. great anime!!! 9/10.
10/10? NO! animation is 10/10 but overall 9/10.
well, this final episode is a perfect way to end the series. i mean that after credit scene. i want second season before, but after watching this final episode, i'm good without second season. up to you then, madhouse. if there will be second season i still watch it though. if there wont, then okay, i'm good with that choice.

i thought saitama can breath in the space, but it was no XD.
the animation looked so beautiful too in this episode btw.

Great show.
Thank you for the show MAD HOUSE!!!
YizelTroDec 20, 2015 12:42 PM
Dec 20, 2015 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Thrashinuva said:

Literally kicking people to the moon and jumping back to Earth, and taking attacks that can destroy stars.

Ehh just cause it was on another scale compared to what we recently saw doesn't make it as good. The choreography was underwhelming and it was just a lot of colours and overblown effects. The Genos fight was better imo and that was only like 3 minutes, and for the climax to the season I expected something a little more from this fight. Sometimes simpler, more dynamic choreography works better. Not to mention it cut away from the fight which was pretty anti climactic.

Jul 2015
Btw if you want actual civilized discussion about One Punch Man go read the manga or webcomic

Feb 2014
I'm glad that the fight between Saitama and Boros was epic. For me, it was just able to meet the sky-high hype for this fight.

I'll rate the series later, but when I do, it'll be either a 9/10 or a 10/10.

I would say more about this episode, but seeing the god-awful rants and arguements from users who are either defending or hating the show, I won't bother. Seriously, is it THAT difficult to have a decent discussion about our likes and dislikes about One Punch Man?

Either that, or I'm underestimating the people of the internet too much. >_<
Dec 20, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Glorious. Perfect.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Dec 20, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2010
FloatsBoats said:
Sometimes simpler, more dynamic choreography works better.

Why would anyone expect this from an anime that's literally about winning in one punch?
Dec 20, 2015 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
Wow... just wow!

I wish they make a season 2.

Jun 2013
To me the fight was a little underwhelming, I reread it in the manga, and there was... better, to me at least...
Mar 2015
A good show. I did not find it funny but it was interesting enough for me to want to watch it every week.

8/10.
Dec 20, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Daw11 said:
As usual haters are the first to post in a new episode thread.

10/10 They adapt it better than I expected.

Dec 2012
Ketuekigami said:
tsudecimo said:
Pretty disappointing fight. Show had the potential to have some substance, it chose not to. And went from mediocrity to being subpar. I did like Genos (for his voice actor if nothing else) nothing else is redeeming about the show. Grew to dislike Saitama by each passing episode. Awful humor, un-creative choreography, underwhelming experience in general. Show basically became a parody of itself after the early episodes, hypocritical in essence.

A shame that talented key animators and a good director were wasted on such bad writing.

4/10. I will pass, if a second season happens.

You say it's a 4/10 for you but it's on your list as a 1/10. So you are likely just trying to deflate the score because you are butthurt about something, which is very low and childlike. People like you arent worth discussing with because your hate of something is completely unreasonable and much more intense than any reason.

I don't even understand the logic behind giving something a 1/10... No anime has 0 redeeming qualities to where it is unwatchable. It just comes from complete unreasonable excessive hate...

So you went past my post, into my list, and made assumption about my motivations and my ''feelings''. If you want to discuss or point something in my post, do so. And don't bypass that with what I rated, since it's my list as the name of the site suggest, and is none of your business, there is no rule that saying I can't rate anything however I want, with whatever standard or reasons. Otherwise you should have just ignored my post.

I mean people are giving 10s to a show which is plot is literally the MC one punching his enemies. Let's not try to dedicate how people rate stuff. The 1/10 score exists to be used, otherwise it would have been removed since ''no show lacks redeeming qualities''
Cheers.

Jun 2013
Thrashinuva said:
FloatsBoats said:
Sometimes simpler, more dynamic choreography works better.

Why would anyone expect this from an anime that's literally about winning in one punch?

I was referring to something like the Genos fight, which was relatively a lot simpler than the Boros fight. And he doesn't win in One Punch anyway.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed the show, I just felt a tiny bit disappointed that's all.
Dec 20, 2015 12:45 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A fun, entertaining series with great production values ( it is Madhouse after all!). Enjoyed myself. But the 11th best anime of all time? Come on MAL!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 20, 2015 12:45 PM
Apr 2014
ropiel said:
Ok i'm starting by the episode,the combat was pretty good with great animation and all but its not enough clearly.I mean this was just a fight,we got no strategy,we got no feels,nothing just a fight so if someone ask me what fight is the best from MadHouse i probably gonna answer Netero vs Meruem and not this,anyway still a good episode.

Overall this was a bad anime,fill with emptyness and false promesses,secondary character who got no souls,a humor pretty good but boring at long and very short fights and a pretty random background

I guess 6/10 is enough for this anime,the disappointment of 2015 for me with Gangsta and that's why i'm never gonna trust overhype again.

>Nothing just a fight
Obviously it's nowhere near having the same meaning as Meruem vs Netero, but the fight here does have some meaning, Saitama could've ended the fight really early vs Boros if he was serious but instead tried to give Boros the good fight he wanted, except Boros realized it that he was lying.
Boros wanted a good fight against an opponent that was also giving it his all, instead he was crushed like a weakling. He traveled the universe and put everything he had into that fight, and his opponent barely even tried. Imagine how shitty that made him feel as he died.
>we got no strategy
Please explain to me what kind of strategy is there to have in a fight of this magnitude, with an invincible guy who can one punch things? this is a pure power contest.
Dec 20, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
budget? you mean the best animators.

Jul 2015
metsujin said:
To me the fight was a little underwhelming, I reread it in the manga, and there was... better, to me at least...

What parts did you find underwhelming?

Aug 2014
Just 0,01 more and it'll tie Gintama, entering the Top 10...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Tatsu765 said:
metsujin said:

Murata's art is just too amazing.

The animation was spectacular in the anime, and it stayed relatively faithful.

If anyone is underwhelmed, it's likely they just find Murata's art that much more impactful, which I can't disagree with, but nonetheless, this ep was still very well adapted.

edit: i just wrote a review if anyone is interested, self advertising no shame
Dec 20, 2015 12:49 PM

Jun 2009
5/5

This series is definitely God-level.
Dec 20, 2015 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
shuryukan said:
Tatsu765 said:

If anyone is underwhelmed, it's likely they just find Murata's art that much more impactful, which I can't disagree with, but nonetheless, this ep was still very well adapted.

That would be the most plausible case
Dec 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
shuryukan said:
Tatsu765 said:

This pretty much sums it up. The studio did a great job too. Oh and I didn't really like the usage of the OST, you know the one that always play? (the one that also played in the PV for OPM) I feel like it was used too much.
Dec 20, 2015 12:51 PM
Nov 2015
shuryukan said:
Tatsu765 said:

murata manages to put crazy amount of impact in still images
Dec 20, 2015 12:52 PM

Sep 2010
lol rank #11 after this episode. xD

I gave this series an 8 I enjoyed it, but isn't 9.04 a little too high for a series such as this?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 20, 2015 12:53 PM

Oct 2012
You know, if people want to vote OPM as a 1/10 anime out of spite, they're free to do so. You can't tell someone to vote one way just because you don't agree with them. But at least admit you're doing it out of spite instead of claiming that's an actual representation of the show. Even if you hate the one punch premise, dislike the character development or can't see some of the deeper stuff going on, the animation and music alone are worthy of a 3 or 4. I hate SNK and Sword art, but even I wouldn't be dumb enough to claim they're 1/10 animes.

Own up to your opinions, otherwise they're shit bruh.
Dec 20, 2015 12:55 PM

Jul 2015
metsujin said:
shuryukan said:

This pretty much sums it up. The studio did a great job too. Oh and I didn't really like the usage of the OST, you know the one that always play? (the one that also played in the PV for OPM) I feel like it was used too much.

I have to agree with you on that. I wish they played shoot the monster
Dec 20, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
Everything about this episode was done very well! The only negative part about it is the fact that we will have to wait for season 2. :(

Dec 20, 2015 12:56 PM

May 2015
What a great series. Mad house you did again! That fight with the original opening gave me goosebumps the whole fight. I can't wait til second season!!
Dec 20, 2015 12:59 PM

Feb 2009
Great Anime - 9/10.
Dec 20, 2015 12:59 PM
Mar 2014
Glad there are more OVAs coming, my favorite part of this series was the character interactions. Animation was gorgeous but I think we all knew Boros was gonna get his butt kicked. I feel like they could have given more impact to Saitama's disappointment that Boros still wasn't a challenge for him, his boredom and search for a blood-pumping honest fight is supposed to be his driving factor but he really didn't seem too perturbed that the strongest known being in the universe couldn't even damage him. Maybe the fight was just played too straight for a show where we all know the ridiculous anime villain is gonna get squashed. I really enjoyed seeing those obnoxious suckers have their monologues cut short and get one-hit by the protagonist. Vindication for all those season long power up battles I never had the patience for that I sat through in other series. If a second season came around I would of course watch it.
Dec 20, 2015 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
Tatsu765 said:
metsujin said:

Was shoot the monster even used at all during the whole series?
Dec 20, 2015 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
stingzy said:
Wasn't different, nothing new? Nigga did you even watch the episode. This is the first dude my homeboy Saitama hasn't finished off with 1 punch. That is new and different.

And ofc the majority wont agree with yo ass, the majority is always right. Going through this thread you can see a few elitist niggas who think they've seen and know shit about anime rate the show under 6 because it lacks something, because humor is bad, because..idk some stupid excuse. And then you see like almost everyone else rate it a 9 and 10.

We can see that you niggas are wrong. Majority is always right, nope it's not all personal opinion, its just that its something wrong with yo little bitch ass opinion.

Hey guys we found the best way to run the government, this guy right here solved it. Seeing as the majority is always right we may as well all use a democratic system. No, not because it's fair, but because it's 100% guaranteed that democracy will get us to the right decision every time! Brb I'm gonna go tell the Communist Party of China the news.
Dec 20, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
Enjoyable last episode to a pretty decent anime! This last fight of Saitama was greatly animated, but i prefered the manga's version thanks to Murata's godly art.

7/10 overall, may downrate it later to a 6.
KaitonDec 20, 2015 1:09 PM

Feb 2015
Well, the visuals were amazing. I still think they could have done a lot more with the characters. Maybe if they ever do a second season.

Jul 2015
Veldin461 said:
Tatsu765 said:

Was shoot the monster even used at all during the whole series?

no
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Keisuke Murata, son of Yusuke Murata, using the song “The Hero” from One Punch Man for his body building stage performance!

deg - Aug 29

14 by RickyHunt »»
Sep 7, 4:39 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

340 by chris1763 »»
Sep 2, 5:33 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Oct 17, 2015

434 by chris1763 »»
Aug 22, 4:46 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Truth4Lies - Oct 11, 2015

479 by chris1763 »»
Aug 22, 3:32 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

794 by chris1763 »»
Aug 22, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.