Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2015 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ha, Nene and her teasing this episode. Priceless...

Seems like pacing picked up a bit with the action and tournament. Ikki's fight against Kihara added forest features? Hmm, didn't remember that before. The action itself was fine imo. And was that Stella crying out loud? Now that's something. They got the violent part of the fight down. Dem Stella tears

Best episode so far imo.
Oct 24, 2015 7:25 AM

Mar 2012
The moment of truth have come. Now excuse me that I'll just post this while waiting for sub.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 24, 2015 7:36 AM
Dec 2011
I had been waiting for this episode and I am so glad they did it right. It was worth the wait.

Let's see if people can still call this a harem after that last scene.
Oct 24, 2015 7:38 AM

Mar 2012
Though why make it jungle?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 24, 2015 7:42 AM

May 2009
And now waiting for subs

Bonus
bastek66Oct 24, 2015 8:10 AM
Oct 24, 2015 7:43 AM
Aug 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Though why make it jungle?

Most probably to showcase the "Hunter-Prey" situation.

Oct 24, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
Remember the last time MC-kun straight out confessed before even half of the show ended? At least in the last 5 years?

yeah, me neither.
GethemalotOct 24, 2015 8:03 AM
Oct 24, 2015 8:05 AM

Mar 2012
xkinn123 said:
Remember the last time MC-kun straight out confessed before even half of the show ended? At least in the last 5 years?

yeah, me neither.
You forgot about the part that confession is accepted.
Oct 24, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
Yes Yes Yes!!!

Good Job Silver Link!!

100000000/10
Oct 24, 2015 8:09 AM

Jul 2015
NeoAnkara said:
xkinn123 said:

yeah, me neither.
I can only remember Kokoro Connect and Ore Monogatari. But the characters were put under so much stress that I don't even think it counts.

Still waiting for subs.
AdrianRubinskyOct 24, 2015 8:13 AM
Oct 24, 2015 8:13 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode proves Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry is way too many steps ahead of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk. I though it was gonna be a harem, but I think this anime is taking the romance route more. It only took them four episodes to make Ikki x Stella. Ikki vs. Kihara was great too. I kinda liked the forest features.

5/5
Oct 24, 2015 8:14 AM
Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
xkinn123 said:

yeah, me neither.

And it only took one light novel volume and it's the very first volume.
Oct 24, 2015 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
NeoAnkara said:
xkinn123 said:

yeah, me neither.

You just make an absolute No answer, then.
Oct 24, 2015 9:42 AM
Feb 2015
Stella is hot
Kirihara's final moment is well made.
The confession scene is simply beautiful.
Oct 24, 2015 10:03 AM
Nov 2013
The moment fellow manga/ln readers been waiting for the ship has sailed! Bye bye assumptions of harem! Love this series. They changed it up a bit and i don't mind it it's pretty good ;D 5/5 that confession!
Oct 24, 2015 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
Very good episode. I wished this series was 2 cour so they could make it as 2 episodes for this chapter.

Now starts the road of Ikki and Stella as a couple. Lots of interesting episodes ahead.
Oct 24, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
Stella's got quite a pair on her...and her lungs ain't bad either. :D It was sweet how she saved Ikki, and their mutual confession, but not even a mouth to mouth kiss? Underwhelming a bit I'd say.
Oct 24, 2015 10:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
FUCKING AMAZING EPISODE FROM START TO FINISH

Seeing Stella force that one dude to quite using just her flames was funny and the setup for Ikki's fight was great...Really liked seeing Alice react with the press girl as well as the teacher with the Kimono

BUTHOLY FUCK THAT FINAL FIGHT WAS TOO EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! I take back what I said about Kirihara, that guy is a fucking piece of shit and it made me mad to see how he was treating Ikki and then how he started that stupid worst one chant.....When Ikki REKT him I was just screaming SERVES YOU RIGHT MOTHER FUCKER......CRY BITCH CRY LOLOLOLOL

And last but not least....Dat confession, dat kiss....THE OTP HAS SET SAIL AND BOY WAS IT BEAUTIFUL....That scream by Stella during the match was too great and I got so emotional over it lol.....They deserve to be together and I wish them both the best :'')

10/10 episode
TokoyaOct 24, 2015 10:47 AM
Oct 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
animefan8800 said:
Stella's got quite a pair on her...and her lungs ain't bad either. :D It was sweet how she saved Ikki, and their mutual confession, but not even a mouth to mouth kiss? Underwhelming a bit I'd say.

You do realize that this is ep4? :)

Patience, young Padawan! This is not the conclusion of the relationship story.
Oct 24, 2015 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
animefan8800 said:
There are time for that. And I can assure you that when the time come it will deliver.
Oct 24, 2015 10:52 AM
Apr 2014
Generic bully villain gets rekt by generic MC, yay.
Imouto gets btfo and newly introduced experienced sword magic babble girl lusts for MC's cock.
Just get a room already lmao, this tsundere is so thirsty.
The ED song reminds of an ED of Code Geass btw.
Drake1000Oct 24, 2015 11:00 AM
Oct 24, 2015 10:55 AM

Sep 2015
Well Stella appearently mastered the art of winning by just standing there.(i bet she was trained by Kirito)
And wow thr douchebag level of his opponent must be well over 9000!
In Ikki´s position most of us would just straight up kill the F*cker.
For me this show really stands out this season in terms of animation (especially that fight was just unbelievable) as well as the romance, not a lot of shows have both of the main characters confess within the first few episodes.
I can only hope they keep up this level of awesomness.
For now I can definetly say this is one of if not the best show this season and i can´t wait for it to continue.
Oct 24, 2015 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Hehe I love Alice.

Wow all these students are terrible. Disgusting behaviour. Their parents didn't raise them well at all. Bullies.

Kirihara is disgraceful. So nasty to watch. Man is pathetic.

I really like how they added the element of Ikki being nervous. Fit really well, most people would be, and nerves do affect performance.
Oct 24, 2015 10:57 AM

Nov 2014
rewatched with subs...what is wrong with hulu subs even the sentence "contest form" was spelled backwards...

anyhow best episode again!! really likiing kirito's Va if i wasn't used to him being a harem lead i would really praise him, his voice acting was superb...

anyone else arguing this is harem?
1000/10
Oct 24, 2015 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Alice's words resonated pretty deeply. Being able to show grief freely is perhaps much harder than expressing happiness, as people can easily jump on in happy times, yet most disappears without a trace in times of grief. "That just got heavy, I'm out!"

That first opponent of Ikki's was damn well annoying with his grandiose facade. We are all nothing but bottom feeders to the actual top, not that there is actually anything blocking a person to get to the top (nor wrong about being a bottom feeder), but the ones that are just like this guy are >.> Got to be gracious in defeat!

Liked how Stella can be really honest when it matters, how she yelled out during the match was great. Seeing the couple coming together this early on brings tears to one's eyes.

Ikki wreaking havoc on the social norms, show em who's boss!
Oct 24, 2015 11:06 AM

Feb 2014
A fight where you can intentionally kill another student, now that's pretty fucked up. I like the faster paced progression of the romance bypassing the bullshit what sometimes can take other anime's centuries.
Oct 24, 2015 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode, wasn't disappointed.
Oct 24, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2014
Phew the manga readers can breathe a heavy sigh of relief today.
Nyaaaria- said:
You really are the king of marathoning

Oct 24, 2015 11:14 AM
Jun 2014
A
W
E
S
O
M
E
Oct 24, 2015 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
This was an awesome
I was so happy when Ikki beat Kirihara he was getting annoying
The romance at the end :D
Oct 24, 2015 11:17 AM
Feb 2015
Ikki was a bad ass at the end! Glad to see kihana get destroyed by ikki's perfect vision.
Both confess and admit they like each other. Can't get better than this! We have great MCs this fall lineup
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 24, 2015 11:20 AM
Jul 2015
ikki x stella OTP XD
Oct 24, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2015
The ship has finally sailed! Although I still would have liked to see Ikki and Alice together, they would have been cute. Oh well can't have everything. I'm super happy at seeing Kirihara get his ass kicked well and truly, and that line about being off by a millimeter was bad ass. Ikki has some really good fight talk, I can only hope that he meant he wanted to slice that ass hats nose off and not that he didn't want to cut him at all. Here's hoping...

Most memorable moment: That kiss though, so cute! I'm super glad they didn't go into automatic full on lip lock. I want that development tho~

Oct 24, 2015 11:25 AM

Oct 2009
so fucking awesome battle....and romance....*insert some korea sorrowful romance song as bgm confession scene...

ah...perfection...!!
Oct 24, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2015
Inugirlz said:
Hehe I love Alice.

Wow all these students are terrible. Disgusting behaviour. Their parents didn't raise them well at all. Bullies.

Kirihara is disgraceful. So nasty to watch. Man is pathetic.

I really like how they added the element of Ikki being nervous. Fit really well, most people would be, and nerves do affect performance.

I'm getting the same kind of barbaric vibe from this anime as well as Asterisk. Put students to fight against each other for prestige to the death, effectively. Either student in each of these fights could kill the other if they so chose to... that's really brutal; there's no initial agreement between both of them about not killing the other, just the entry conditions acknowledging they can die. Can't really tell what those arrows were doing to Ikki, though. Obviously they weren't piercing his body and going all the way through otherwise he would've died much sooner when he was shot in the chest.

The really morbid writing makes it intense, but at the same time very disturbing.
Oct 24, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2013
OMG CAVALRY WHY R U SO GOOD

Silver link brings their A game when it comes to Sakuga, some pretty hype scenes in today's episode. I have to say, Cavalry is easily the better of the two schlocks at this point. Cavalry >>> Asterisk

Respect Ikki-kamisama, almost Tatsuya-tier OP.

I'm honestly warming up for Stella too, what she loses in hairstyle she gains in boobs and the lack of personality besides the love for Ikki. Speaking of the love for Ikki, that glorious zero character development episode 4 confession of love dream is real!
Oct 24, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
Slow start to the beginning part of the episode but was made well to show the nervousness of Ikki and how much it affected him before and during the fight. Also loved the action part of this episode when Ikki got his shit together thanks to Stella and finally both of them confessing that they like each other at the end which was such a cute sweet moment that ended the episode perfectly in my opinion.

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7QC5x5i1PU&feature=youtu.be

Jan 2015
Great episode

Jun 2014
Drake1000 said:

This.

Drake1000 said:

Same singer.

While I did enjoy the fight between Kirihara and Ikki, and liked seeing just how pathetic Kirihara was when things all of a sudden didn't go his way, I don't really feel like the hype for this episode was warranted. I mean, if you really break it down, it's pretty much the MC getting his ass handed to him, but then with some nakama encouragement, gets the power to beat the guy that he literally COULD NOT TOUCH for most of the fight. At least the romance between Ikki and Stella made some progress, which is a pretty rare sighting in most anime. Hopefully this means all the source readers stop with the whole "wait for episode [...]" thing that's been present since the first episode thread.

And am I the only person who wasn't expecting this to be a harem? I keep seeing people say "let's see if people still call this a harem" but that thought never even crossed my mind. The MAL page for the anime and LN don't even have harem in the genre, this is just ecchi at most.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2015 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Drake1000 said:

This.

+1, cliche af
thebrentinator24 said:

Drake1000 said:

Same singer.

It reminds me of Rozen Maiden (2013) OP
Oct 24, 2015 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
Great episode. Again, Rakudai is not harem.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 24, 2015 11:41 AM

Jul 2007
That fucking fight. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT.

Also love how they portrayed Ikki's tension before the actual match. This writing staff really knows how to do the atmosphere.

Surprised by the actual ending of episode because it is relatively unusual for LNs.

10/10
Oct 24, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2012
I was hoping the fight is longer...like ending this episode with Kirihara revealing he can conceal his arrows contrary to what Ikki knows, then the next episode would be the continuation of the fight, and the confession.

Honestly, I was hoping for a monologue from Ikki that reveals he really was about to give up....and Kirihara being actually someone "cool" at the first few seconds of their fight (as in cool for the NPCs) not donwright annoying...his toothy grin made him really...disgusting. The good thing about their fight though is the ending, where Ikki purposely missed the strike inches from Kirihara's face.

The confession was wonderfully done I guess. Well except for the fact that Shizuku wasn't able to say that she accepts Stella and that she was happy that Stella said those words in the middle of Ikki's fight. And the convo of Stella and Ikki about Ikki almost giving up. And that they're each other's first.

Too bad it won't fit in one episode. 4/5 for me.

On a side note: If an anime/episode is bad, some people will hate it. If an anime/episode is good, some people will still hate it. It's just how the world works (and how some people wanna look cool, really). So I'm gonna be here, eating my popcorn 'cause I feel that a war is about to breakout....maybe~ lol
hikikomorilvl9Oct 24, 2015 11:52 AM
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Oct 24, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
Drake1000 said:

Haha ikr

*spoiler for Asterisk*

Oct 24, 2015 11:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Generic MC.....lay off your drugs, guys.

Brilliant episode, the hype for this was justified. The fight was awesome and the voice acting of Matsuoka was incredible, just made it even more great. The love confession from both MC's was so good.
Oct 24, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2011
Great episode! I loved every minute. Alice's talk with Ikki in the beginning was really great, he's a really great friend (as well as hugging Shizuku at the end).

The fight with Kirihara was really annoying. I absolutely hated how cocky and trashy he was, especially with revealing Ikki's reason for fighting in the festival. And the other students are despicable, putting him down like that. Glad Kirihara turned into a squealing bitch once Ikki turned the tables.

And of course, Stella's shouting during the match was amazing. Her VA really did a wonderful job! I'm so glad the two are a couple now, and I can't wait to see what else is in store for them (hopefully a real kiss!!).

5/5 episode.

Oct 24, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh, that battle was horribly stupid. Bow growing out of a fruit, woods appearing out of nowhere, enemy chewing the scenery. In the manga it was an intense battle without all these nonsensical extras. How hard do you have to try to make such cringe worthy and boring battle so bad that it looses to still pictures in a manga that doesn't even have a great art to begin with. Silver Link really want this series to suck.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 24, 2015 11:56 AM

Sep 2012
Now that was awesome... really good job on Silver Link's part. Ikki x Stella so good ^^
Oct 24, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2010
Apart from the fact that MC should have already been dead before getting power up (or at least his muscles should have make it impossible to move) This episode was extremely good.

The fight sequence where Ikki goes SSJ, was really well animated. Adding to that there was also good character development and not fan service scene. Lastly the harem route was destroyed as the main characters confessed their feelings to each other. I also like that Stella personality, "tsundere but not really".

The episode was so good that I even ignored the loli teacher appearance and the fact that the story's general plot is bad. (bad = so many times repeated that even in this season we have three animes in total that are about the same thing)

I am still not sure whatever I will not drop it somewhere but for now I was rewarded for sticking with this anime for those four episodes.
Oct 24, 2015 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
GOD THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME.

Now if only Rakudai had Asterisk's budget... can you imagine how much more awesome the fight would have been. BEYOND AWESOME THAT'S WHAT
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

282 by LordRelictor »»
May 26, 7:14 AM

» Anime Recommendation

lightning_angad7 - May 11

17 by vinayak6226 »»
May 21, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.