Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 2, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
dat endcard. . thank the yamada gods
Aug 2, 2015 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
yeah the endcard, my ship is sailing DaryunxArslan :D
Aug 3, 2015 12:17 AM
May 2015
DARYUNNNN!!!!!

Oh fuck looks like Rajendra is gonna turn on Arslan, I knew that guy can't be trusted.

Man, I wish I can see some Flangis fanservice, has anybody have any?
Aug 3, 2015 1:26 AM

Nov 2014
Daryun is one hell of a fighter, that was very interesting battle.

I couldn't care less for the two brothers and their country's issue, however I felt sad for Jaswant. He would most probably join Arslan now since Mahendra told him to not follow the wrong person.
Aug 3, 2015 3:48 AM

Feb 2015

Wow, my favorite episode of the series so far.
Freaking awesome & intense battle. I knew Daryun was badass, but damn.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2015 3:57 AM

Jan 2011
Arslan turned pretty badass there when he threatened him.
Aug 3, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2010
Haha that end card caught me off guard.
Aug 3, 2015 5:47 AM
Jul 2018
I knew that Daryun would win. It was god damn predictable! There's no chance he would ever loose any kind of fight regardless of its weight. Even if you put Daryun in a combat against the 12 olympian gods, he gonna beat 'em all. Like seriously??...He WILL beat them, I'm telling ya. It's exaggerating & а bit meaningless. According to this, Daryun is a necessary condition for Arslan to stay alive & become a king (So Daryun mustn't die). Narsus too.
Well, about Narsus in this episode: when he said "end is nigh", seemed like Narsus came up with that strategy with the cloak & the short sword that we see afterwards. As viewer, I suspect that Narsus previously told that strategy to Daryun, ya know, before the duel. Both, Narsus & Daryun, knew their victory is secured. AND what suprised me is that Narsus was surprised(lol jk) NO. He wasn't surprised nor he looked like it (plus you can't be surprised when you're smiling duh, and he did was smiling). I recite: "Behaving as though he had no weapon other than his broken long sword, he was waiting for his enemy to lower his guard. He is quite the tactician himself." No, you Narsus were behaving as though you didn't know & you were actually expecting that. Oh, Yeah~! And you are quite the tactician yourself! :D XD.

I don't have a problem with Daryun being really strong. I have a problem that there's no rival for him, other than Hermes (and don't worry, Daryun will SOMEHOW beat him too in the end).
Same goes for Narsus. I don't have a problem with him either for being so intellegent. But no army that the Arslan squad had fought so far, didn't have a match/an equal strategist for him.
And that's actually boring. You get to see only the one side winning & it's always Arslan's one lately.
I mean we see that the generals of the enemies' armies are quite adult, old people & for sure have experience of great battles & strategies and fought for at least 30years and now they can't handle 6-7 young warriors that still have a long way to go in the world of war.
This show needs dynamic. In my point of view, every army I saw so far in these series was mocked. We should see Arslan's army having hardships & defeats оn the road of getting Pars back.
Pretty noticable for me is that Kharland was deafeated stupidly; his son was defeated like a fly even though I thought who knows what we gonna see from this boy. Hordir too, his shiny armor was useless against Daryun's spear. Not to mention Rajendra later on, and the battle versus Gadevi where he couldn't do anyting without Arslan's aid. Gadevi turned out stupid аfter what he did after the duel of gods. Ok, he wasn't a person to be respected from the beginning. AND so on.

Huuuh, THERE. Arslan, finally. Yeah, clearly Arslan was damn pissed. But I do not justify his shouting to Rajendra because...doesn't he undestands that he approved Daryun to accept the challange? I mean helloooo; Rajendra requested and was persistent to hear yes, and Arslan could aslo do the same & persistently refuse.
I have a remark оn Jaswant saving Arslan. K, he saved him, but Arslan - MOVE KID DAMMIT! DODGE! DO SOMETHING, SOMETHING! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BE A MAN.

All & all, for a show that I, from the start had high expectations, it slowly started to disappoints me. Just by seeing the review in the ed of an episode I make a guess of what's gonna happen & almost half of my assumptions do happen in the next episode which annoys me. That means everything becomes so predictable in this show; It ain't fun at all!
I still watch this show beacuse I want to see if it will prove me wrong.

Oh & about "THAT ED CARD THO"? It disgusts me tbh, sorry not sorry.
Aug 3, 2015 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
P3TE said:
This.

He can be used as a trap to fool the enemy.
Aug 3, 2015 6:36 AM

May 2014
it was a really intense episode, and I had teary eyes when Jaswant's mentor died..

Aug 3, 2015 6:49 AM

Dec 2013
Not bad. Now lets see Rajendra's true colors.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 3, 2015 7:41 AM

Jun 2013
oy come on Daryun can't lose the duel was intense
Aug 3, 2015 8:56 AM

Sep 2014
Okay episode I guess. Of course the plot armour of Daryun would make him win lol. Let's see when Rajendra betrays Arslan. It's obvious he will.
Aug 3, 2015 8:58 AM

Apr 2014
The duel before the Gods: Daryun against Bahadur. In raw power Daryun was lost but even then he managed to win. So Rajendra is the new king of Sindhura!

I think King Karikala was a wise man. But Gadevi doesn't accept this decision, a new fight begins. Because of this, Arslan is in danger and Jaswant helps him, so Jaswant probably joins Arslan's group. When Gadevi kills Lord Mahendra, everyone realizes that Gadevi can't be the new king: the fight ends.

A good episode, 5/5.
Aug 3, 2015 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
TheTsunami said:
P3TE said:
This.

And thus, the boy would become queen.

Shion657 said:

I'm between that and ArslanxEtoile myself.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 3, 2015 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
It was like seeing Guts vs Zodd all over again! Amazing episode!
Aug 3, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Well shit…I know I said that that hulk was a fool for going to a duel completely unarmored but didn’t expect him to be Berserker's long lost brother – guess he looked smaller from the preview.

Great duel regardless and a lesson that every warrior(at least a normal human one) should always good to carry at least one spare weapon.

But did Narsus REALLY have to call out the moment before Daryun turned the duel to his advantage? Seriously, you'd expect that at least in a fight that he has no control over he wouldn't be so self-assure but the guy apparently play's a part in everything. It's a bit grating, IMO, and I can't help but think that the show overall would've been more exciting without Narsus.
Aug 3, 2015 4:12 PM
Jul 2018
That was a badass fight! The animation in it was awesome as well. Rajenda's true colours next time? Awesome, can't wait to see another fight.
Aug 3, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2010
*sigh* next episode will be the good old back stab i guess. -_-
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 3, 2015 5:29 PM

Jul 2009
Always-Hungry said:
P3TE said:
This.

He can be used as a trap to fool the enemy.

LOL but Daryun's expression is the best part.

Harrymanhunter said:
Okay episode I guess. Of course the plot armour of Daryun would make him win lol. Let's see when Rajendra betrays Arslan. It's obvious he will.

What plot armour? Daryun has skill and that big hulking monster was stupid and reckless. All he had was strength. Daryun beat him because Daryun is boss.
Aug 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Jul 2011
I love how much Arslan values Darun and downright threatened Rajendra in his moment of panic. I'm surprised that no one was surprised at his outburst.

Arslan: You! You knew this and you chose Daryun to be your proxy for the duel before the gods?? If Daryun should be killed by that monster… I swear upon the gods of Pars that I will have your head and that of that monster and hang them from the castle gates here!

He's never shown that much passion in anger before. Very nice scene and shows how deeply he cares for his comrades. :D

This main cast will always succeed in the beginning because they are righteous. I'd be quite surprised if anyone died at this point.
MirorinAug 3, 2015 5:41 PM
Aug 3, 2015 6:16 PM

Jan 2014
Daryun was in quite of a disadvantage with that behemoth of an opponent. I seriously thought that Daryun would be killed off but fortunately that did not happen. There are some hints that Jaswant will join Arslan and company (when Arslan spared his life), the number one being the opening and ending credits. I felt bad for him. He didn't know his parents and Lord Mahendra was the who took him in. Instead of like some shows where characters develop a one-sided respect for another person, their relation was mutual. Lord Mahendra's death made me teary-eyed. They were like father and son. Jaswant will definitely take Lord Mahendra's last words to heart and follow a man of worth (Arslan).
Aug 3, 2015 6:37 PM

Mar 2009
Last couple of episodes have been a little lackluster, but this one was great. Emotional ending, too.
Aug 3, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2014
Seeing that Sindhura's king had a wise choice of wording was nice. I can see why Gadevi did not have a chance of being named the crown prince. However, he did not do a good job in parenting them. Quite shrewd, no honor, and maliciously cunning.

Daryun really was in a pickle there, and I was ready to brace his death, since I wasn't sure if he had plot shield on (now I do). The involvement of the fire was expected, but using it in such a patient and careful way was nice in itself. If the timing had not been right, Daryun really would've been out of the game.

Arslan's panic over Daryun really shows the compassion that a normal royal prince wouldn't be able to attain. Many people have made stories of such a compassionate royal member, but none were able to capture it this well.

I could stare at the end card for awhile... :p
Aug 4, 2015 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
Intense episode. I knew Daryun was going to have trouble but I felt quite scared for him during that battle. I predicted he'd use the fire but it was exciting nevertheless.

The end was really depressing, poor Jaswant. Speaking of him, a bit of a shame they pretty much spoiled him changing sides in the current OP and ED, would had been a nice surprise.
Aug 4, 2015 3:39 AM

Jun 2015
AoiMizu said:
TheTsunami said:

STAHP! x'D

But, the preview sound ominous to me....uhhu =A=''

LOL LOL, the man's voice who always says and thus, the boy would become a king.
Aug 4, 2015 8:56 AM

Nov 2012
Comander-07 said:
screw the fight and everything else.

Did Arslan actually acted like a man for the first time in 17 episodes?
Did he really said he wanted to behead Rajendra?

This.
I watched the episode almost without a blink and by far my favorite part is when Arslan said that in that way xD. I watched twice, I thought it was other show hahaha. It's good Arslan deep down have some guts.
Aug 4, 2015 10:53 AM
Oct 2010
I wouldn't call Arslan threatening Rajendra "acting like a man". Quite the opposite in fact, he is blaming someone else for the consequences of his own decisions, it's unsightly from my point of view.

TheTsunami said:
P3TE said:

This made my day. XD
AjunkyAug 4, 2015 11:00 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 4, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Ajunky said:
I wouldn't call Arslan threatening Rajendra "acting like a man". Quite the opposite in fact, he is blaming someone else for the consequences of his own decisions, it's unsightly from my point of view.

+1

You know, I really don't understand creators in this, they are emphasizing his weaknesses and flaws all the time, yet there is no effort for him to overcome them. This show is named Heroic Legend of Arslan but rather, it's heroic legend of everyone else. Daryun, Narsus and Farangis are real heroes here. Since episode 1 we are viewing acts of his misconceptions and insecurities, and there is no real character developement. And I don't find this entertaining at all.
I really don't get the thinkning behind this.
Aug 4, 2015 3:21 PM

Dec 2012
Wow this episode was epic, the animation of the fight was great. One of the best episode.
Aug 4, 2015 11:42 PM

Jul 2009
Ajunky said:

TheTsunami said:

This made my day. XD

...isn't that what acting like a man is? Blaming someone else all the time? LOL i joke don't hurt me male readers. But I agree you can hardly call his outburst manly. He sounded like a child throwing a tantrum. I was cringing as he did it, felt so unnatural.
Aug 5, 2015 7:08 AM

Jun 2014
Man, Daryun is just too freaking badass. Definitely my favorite character alongside Narsus.

It's the first time I've seen Farangis speak so highly of someone other than Arslan. I'm hoping she has a thing for Daryun...if only to see Gieve grieve.

I have to agree with some others here. Arslan's outburst was unsightly. He knew what a trial by combat meant before he agreed and ordered Daryun to be Rajenda's proxy. Also, Rajenda wants to become king so why would he purposely set Daryun up to a match he could quite possibly have lost? Use your head, boy. Also, it wouldn't have hurt Arslan to have more faith in Daryun.

Overall it was an awesome episode.
Aug 5, 2015 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Inugirlz said:
Ajunky said:

This made my day. XD

...isn't that what acting like a man is? Blaming someone else all the time? LOL i joke don't hurt me male readers. But I agree you can hardly call his outburst manly. He sounded like a child throwing a tantrum. I was cringing as he did it, felt so unnatural.

A man is about standing up for yourself and putting others in their place. It's about not letting yourself be pushed around. Arslan acted like more of a man in this instance than any time previously. He has previously tried to please all possible parties and was softer for it. This is the first time he has taken a firm stance on, well, anything.

The strongest male in nature is always the one who stands above the others, not with them. Just look at any species out there. Same thing goes for humans as a species.
Aug 6, 2015 8:22 AM

Dec 2014
Woah, I liked an episode of Arslan Senki. What just happened? More like this please.
Aug 6, 2015 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
OMG THAT ENDCARD TOTALLY STOLE MY HEART! ♥

And the whole episode was so good~
Aug 6, 2015 10:22 AM
Jan 2014
vanella96 said:
TheTsunami said:

Shion657 said:

I'm between that and ArslanxEtoile myself.

Dat endcard

Aug 6, 2015 11:51 AM

May 2014
Nice episode. Grand Vizier guy died, was it the spy's uncle or dad or sth?
I hope he joins Arslan, would be nice to see some people from that country in his ranks.
Aug 6, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2009
ex_necross said:
Inugirlz said:

A man is about standing up for yourself and putting others in their place. It's about not letting yourself be pushed around. Arslan acted like more of a man in this instance than any time previously. He has previously tried to please all possible parties and was softer for it. This is the first time he has taken a firm stance on, well, anything.

The strongest male in nature is always the one who stands above the others, not with them. Just look at any species out there. Same thing goes for humans as a species.

I don't think you're wrong.

A man will stand up for himself but from my perspective it just looked like Arslan was throwing a tantrum because his man wasn't winning. He thought Daryun was going to lose to a stronger opponent so he started complaining to Rajendra.

They were trying to say that his opponent was a beast and therefore it was an unfair match, but in the end he was still a human, just extremely big and strong. Unless they actually show/prove that he's non-human the match was fair and Arslan should've had more trust in Daryun, rather than bitching at Rajendra (who as it turns out, was innocent in terms of knowing who Daryun's opponent would be.)

Just my opinion though.
InugirlzAug 7, 2015 8:28 AM
Aug 6, 2015 9:10 PM
Oct 2010
ex_necross said:

Standing for yourself is great, as well as not letting yourself be pushed around.

But you see, right there Arslan wasn't being pushed around. He was the night before, and plenty of other times, but not at the moment of his outburst. Had he blown his top when Rajendra asked for Daryun would have been one thing, but after the decision was irreversible it becomes a late comeback.

Or perhaps you're talking about not accepting the outcome and go home peacefully. But in that case, making the declaration right there would make it's execution impossible (assuming it wasn't otherwise), so it's beyond foolish. Ultimately, what it was is an empty threat, a loser's whining (before even losing).

Either way, Arslan acted like a madman... oh!, right, I guess he did act like a man... in a sense.
AjunkyAug 6, 2015 9:15 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 7, 2015 11:26 AM

May 2013
11/10 Based Yusuke Kobayashi.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 9, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
The opponent was too damn generic, a real letdown imo. And the dramatic death speeches aren't my favourite thing as well...
lucidbrandon said:
dat endcard. . thank the yamada gods

It's beginning!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 16, 2015 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode. I didn't see the merit in sparing Jaswant's life earlier but I guess it worked out for Arslan that Jaswant remembered Arslan's act of mercy. Daryan is awesome. It's looking more like the sign of a great king is one who has the best tacticians and soldiers advising/fighting for him.
Aug 23, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2008
Daryun is a boss and Gadevi....is a bitch.
Sep 17, 2015 7:49 PM

Jul 2009
Man after being hiatus for a month, it's good to be back :)

Daryun is a beast, despite against the odds, he still finds the way to win!!

Still Arslan should have more faith with Daryun.

Can't wait for the next episode! Kill that fool Gadevi.
SomaHeirSep 17, 2015 8:18 PM
Sep 18, 2015 1:37 AM

Jan 2013
That was predictable, but perfectly executed! Loved the scene when Juswant saves Arslan.
Sep 27, 2015 12:58 AM

Apr 2014
Oh man. I really feel bad for the king, to see his son like that.

and that other dude, seeing his adopted father die. :(
Oct 7, 2015 7:42 PM

Jun 2014
Oh thank goodness. I was having The Mountain and the Viper flashbacks. No, Oberyn, no!!!
Oct 12, 2015 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
Although there is no progress in the plot, I hope that the young Arslan has grown at least a little. His choice lightly, denotes some his ingenuity. Good fight and beautiful scenery, how I wish it would improve the quality of designs. The next episode, it looks just as interesting.
Oct 17, 2015 10:48 PM

Jun 2014
THAT WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY INTENSE.
But that preview... Arslan betrayed?! OH MAN
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 23, 2015 8:56 PM

May 2013
Bahadur vs Daryun ends with Daryun showing his tactician side.
Lol, King trashtalks Gadevi.

God, Jaswant's eyes were amazing when he saved Arslan.
Oh shit, Gadevi just killed Mahendra. You're in for it now, Gadevi!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2015

160 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 30, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.