Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2015 10:19 AM
Jul 2013
f*ck off pizza sauce
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Jul 26, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2010
The little sister is really annoying with all that nano desu, god. Yusa is annoying as well (I wish it was Misa all the time).
And the MC has turned into a boring character.

Harrymanhunter said:

Then again, I should expect nothing less from the same maker as the trainwreck that was Angel Beats.

At least Angel Beats had gold comedy in its first episodes.
Charlotte has nothing so far.
sweetdropsJul 26, 2015 10:47 AM
Jul 26, 2015 12:25 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, this show is awful. Pizza sauce xD I know the shows are different but at least in Haruhi, Kyon was a good male lead while the guy in this show is terrible.
Jul 26, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
devinder said:
Wow, this show is awful. Pizza sauce xD I know the shows are different but at least in Haruhi, Kyon was a good male lead while the guy in this show is terrible.

This show is good and Haruhi has nothing to do in this thread.
Jul 26, 2015 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
Hrybami said:
devinder said:

This show is good and Haruhi has nothing to do in this thread.

Dude people has the right to say how they think about the show, people has different opinions. For me it went downhill quite fast since episode 3.
Jul 26, 2015 2:45 PM
Jul 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Complaining about the pizza sauce and plot.
When in Hibiki spent a lot of time in cheap drama, mood forced, fancervice and yuribait.

If we had KyoAni + Key in charlotte.
KyoAni would have added at least two yuribait scenes between Nao and Yusa and two fujobait scenes for Yu and Megane-kun every episode

Kyoani Bingo

http://i.imgur.com/pAZACJX.jpg

Seriously, are you stupid or something?
Do you even know what is BINGO? It's usually card with 25 squares (5x5) and NONE of "values" or numbers repeats because playing would be impossible.
Please stop reposting shit from /a/ back and forth because it makes you even more cancerous.
Jul 26, 2015 4:11 PM

Jan 2013
Lol highschoolers going gaga over a childrens show idol....wtf
Jul 26, 2015 4:28 PM

Oct 2011
I wonder what Nao wanted to know at the end????
Jul 26, 2015 5:05 PM

May 2011
OH LOOK, JUN MAEDA AND A BASEBALL SCENARIO

That aside, I hope this monster of the week format stops soon
Jul 26, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Another shitty "power of the week" episode. Complete waste of time. Anime better move obn from this hsitty format or I'm dropping it soon.
Drop it please. NOW
Jul 26, 2015 5:28 PM

Jun 2008
I just wish that Yuu would get the balls like he does with the other student council members and just tell his little sister that's he tired of all the pizza sauce and would like real food for once. The hell with her feelings.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 26, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2009
I'm impressed with Yuu_vi_Britannia who said he'll drop it, yet knows stuff about it more than anyone. Like seriously where do you get this information?
Jul 26, 2015 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
Jun Maeda gotta baseball.

This episode was more of a drag than the last one. Hopefully this is the last one and we can get into crux of what Maeda is bringing to the table.
Jul 26, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2012
Yeah Im starting to get tired of the same plot every week.
I was expecting so much more from this.
Jul 26, 2015 6:49 PM

May 2013
Tbh i feel like this anime should be a two-cour show because of its fast paced story line. I can't really feel the Key vibe compare to their shows before. But the characters is still enjoyable and ohhh Misa hahaha.

And please i just want Yu tells his sister to improve her cooking skills, i mean not in a harsh way but it irritates me for some reasons haha.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 26, 2015 6:50 PM

Dec 2012
Completely pointless episode. When you think of it, we'll never see the telekinesis guy again, and this episode has been an absolute waste of time except for maybe the small scene at the very end where MC uses his power as Nao holds him.

Basically filler tbh.

Also please remove the fucking annoying loli and that darned sauce, it's not funny, never was.

2/5, disliked it.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 26, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2014
Cute episode and I love the running gag with the pizza sauce. I'm all for running a bad joke into the ground in 3x3 different ways. It's interesting to watch Yuu Otosaka develop a moral conscious with each new encounter and Yusarin/Misa is a welcome comic addition.
Jul 26, 2015 7:46 PM
Aug 2013
watching this anime has gotten tiring~ yet, i actually enjoy takaju's scenes.
Jul 26, 2015 8:33 PM

Mar 2015
Takajou is a running gag when Yusarin appeared. Not that he's not a running gag with his power.

Yusarin's role pretty much only for laugh and Misa is for the story.

When Yu take over that powered people's body, did Nao do something to Yu? Like putting voice recorder or some spy things?

Jul 26, 2015 9:33 PM

Dec 2014
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Maeda about the incident with the truck driver in episode 1.

居眠りしてたからどちらにしろ事故ってただろ

The accident would have happened anyway, since it he appeared napping.

May I ask where the source is?

Assuming it's true, then this is probably the stupidest explanation I've ever heard in this season, since unquestionably it's Yuu, when possessing the truck driver, made the hard turn and steered the truck straight into where the whoever girl was standing, and the truck was going perfectly straight on the road and would probably pass the girl. Even if the driver was having a fatigue, what makes him so sure the truck would still go blood thirsty like those in Maximum Overdrive? and how is that excuse Yuu's action? HE MADE THE TURN! I think someone either lost his mind, or he should establish a better communication with the animators. Regardless of Jun's excuse, it's still a poorly constructed scene, and apparently to someone causing unnecessary property damage and possibly seriously injuring or killing someone for your own gain is funny.
Jul 26, 2015 10:32 PM

Apr 2012
Crazy base run xD

Jul 27, 2015 12:07 AM

Dec 2010
Aaaaaaaaaaand here we have more repetitive pizza sauce jokes. Yusarin is annoying. Nao is annoying. The imouto is annoying. Oh, and guess what? Everybody else annoying! -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2015 12:23 AM

Apr 2009
Still no plot development and put a little gore into it and i'm not still gonna watch it
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jul 27, 2015 12:48 AM

Jul 2014
I'm still pretty confident that Charlotte will still end up getting at least an 8.20 average after it ends, just because of the huge and dedicated Key fanbase.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Jul 27, 2015 3:34 AM

Nov 2013
This anime makes me learn it was so easy to get a stranger's trust.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jul 27, 2015 5:07 AM
Aug 2014
pacing is pretty terrible

why does jun maeda suck so much at pacing his stories, the settings are interesting enough but he instead wastes time on absolutely pointless things instead of progressing the plot
Jul 27, 2015 5:07 AM

Jan 2013
So many Angel Beats vibes.

Also, all those nosebleeds must be because of the pizza sauce.
Jul 27, 2015 6:16 AM
Apr 2012
Many say three is a magic number in writing, particularly comedies; if a gag has been performed three times (or in this case, for three episodes), the last should be a punchline and that should be the end of a gag. Now, this doesn't have to always be the case. In the case of running gags (I've seen Kanon, Clannad, and Little Busters and this has to be the most running gags of the three), they can be done more than three times as long as you introduce interesting varieties on the gags. Charlotte is, apparently, not very interested in doing this. We have a few set gags that were amusing the first couple times I heard them, but the show seems content to use them as its only source of humor. It doesn't develop the characters and makes the humor stale and predictable. Seeing the speedster getting injured by running fast was funny once, but since the SAME EXACT THING happens to him every single time he uses his powers, it becomes quickly unfunny. The same is true of Takajou's fan crush on Yusa, the predictable 'what a turn-off' line that pretty much every character has used to respond to this . . . WHERE'S the variety in humor?! No other Key show's humor I've seen has been this stale! And I haven't even mentioned the pizza sauce gag, the catchphrase Yusa's sister seems to be fond of (people don't talk like that, Jun Maeda), or the random nosebleed Ayumi had over something happening THAT SHE already knew had happened! It was funny the first time, but re-using the same gags with little to no variation is unfunny and lazy.

Now, otherwise, this episode had much better art and animation direction than the previous one. P.A Works should probably do more shonen sports anime. There were a couple character glimpses that were nice, too, like Nao showing her heartfelt nice side without her character coming off as a archetypical tsundere, and Yuu showing off his nicer side. But Takajou and Yusa (either personality) have not shown any growth, and neither has Ayumi.

In addition, the show is also failing to come up with convincing characters in a single episode. This show ALMOST sold me on the baseball player's dilemma, but there simply wasn't enough effort put into his or his friend's characters to make it work. If they spent less time on these painful running gags, and more time developing these episodic characters, I think the show would be a LOT more interesting.

I'll keep watching, but . . . This show is starting to lose my interest fast. You better have an answer for me, Jun Maeda. Otherwise, this Key fanboy is gonna rage quit.
Jul 27, 2015 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
This series got more complains than God Eaters. I still think Charlotte will turned up good in the end.

Jul 27, 2015 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
celeminus said:
pacing is pretty terrible

why does jun maeda suck so much at pacing his stories, the settings are interesting enough but he instead wastes time on absolutely pointless things instead of progressing the plot

Remember that the person in charge of the pacing is the director. Jun Maeda only made the original story. But yea, the show has a mountain of problems.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 27, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
This show is ok for a key anime , I dont really like their anime but this one though very meh at best isnt as bad for me. The comedy is mostly a miss with maybe about 1 or 2 ok comedic moments, the mc was pretty funny in ep1 but hes gotten pretty damn bland at this point and the running joke with his sis was never funny to begin with yet they keep forcing it. Overall its watchable nothing great but not terrible either
Jul 27, 2015 7:26 AM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Charlotte - Preview EP5

So... Nao's going to get hurt pretty badly?

Do you have a link to the preview?
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 27, 2015 7:34 AM

Feb 2012
Remember when episode 1 was good? What happened?
Jul 27, 2015 7:52 AM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
ahsinam33 said:

So... Nao's going to get hurt pretty badly?

Do you have a link to the preview?

It is not yet available for other countries.
images are taken from the 2ch.net

It's stuff like this that makes me wish I was Japanese... Sigh...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 27, 2015 7:56 AM
Oct 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Another shitty "power of the week" episode. Complete waste of time. Anime better move obn from this hsitty format or I'm dropping it soon.

Plz get out, that's a horrible attitude you are displaying

"I do not agree with you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it," quoted from Voltaire.

Ignore the haters. They have every right to express their hatred. Unless their hatred gets personal, like abusing other people, then don't bother.
Jul 27, 2015 8:45 AM

Sep 2010
Baseball episode in Jun Maeda's story... checked. :)
Jul 27, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
This show better start showing some variety.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 27, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
@Yuu_vi_Britannia
So, what you're saying is that Yuu loses a part of his memories everytime he uses his power? Then, how does that affect Ayumi (according to what you said about the pizza sauce joke)? She doesn't have a power yet that we know of. And, I know this has been asked before, where do you get this information? Also, assuming you are correct about all this, are you still considering dropping the show despite knowing that it's going to get a lot more interesting soon enough? I have only been holding on for the feels.
Jul 27, 2015 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Really good episode
Jul 27, 2015 9:25 AM

Dec 2012
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Charlotte - Preview EP5

More Nao getting punched and abused? YES.

Dunno why I really have come to enjoy that thoroughly!

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
Here's the full preview, guys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbjtgJqUyY&feature=youtu.be
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Well, I hold back because Maeda said himself that the first half would have been slow, so I'll just wait patiently for it to get past episode 6.
But right now I'd think that was just an excuse. Yeah, it might be slow, but it's not that they were amusingly entertaining episodes, eh. Those 4 episodes were pretty boring.
I have yet to see Little Busters! But damn, since Angel Beats Key has lost its sparkling crown.

Episode 4: 2/5. Never liked baseball episodes. Also it was inconsistent.
Jul 27, 2015 11:16 AM
Feb 2014
Mallony said:
Remember when episode 1 was good? What happened?

Yeah, it'ss one of the reasons I'm still holding on to this anime :'(

I dont really know what happened, but in recent episodes, the humour and drama has felt forced and cringeworthy and the storylinr in the past couple episodes have felt really childish. (Sigh... really? Baseball match to decide the outcome of the kid's future? I mean, sure I've come across this kind of 'perfect' solution to anime problems dozens of times b4, but that doesnt mean it still doesn't sound cliche and childish)

So far, this episode was the worst. Not only was most of the humour recycled and silly (Pizza sauce and Yusarin craze), there was almost no real development of the plot except possibly the bit at the end where MC passed out or something after Nao told him to use his ability on baseball kid.

I still have hope for the second half. I'm kinda writing this episode off as a slightly failed attempt to allow viewers to settle down with character roles
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jul 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
ahsinam33 said:

do not forget thank upload the video.
the link you posted is mine.

Charlotte Episode 5 preview

Camp in episode 5.
Ayami was alone and unprotected, probably when they return home in episode 6, Ayumi will already have been kidnapped.

Sorry, I had no idea that link was yours.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jul 27, 2015 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, another student of the week, another pretty noncharacter that comes and goes. What purpose does this serve? Wouldn't it be a lot better if they tried to deepen relations of main cast instead? But... I know, I know, it's not like main characters have any compicated personalities in the first place...

Kinda better episode when compared to previous ones. But not too good either, just average. And I have to say their baseball game was pretty hard to follow, its direction was not so good (even though animation was good). Most of the time it was difficult to deduce what team is doing what and who is winning.

It was kinda worries me how they are using their powers pretty openly, talking about it with strangers and not caring about being seen even. They don't even attend the school and acting carefree all the time. I dunno, this really doesn't feel real at all... It seems more like they are PRETENDING to be hunted by agency, like they are playing child's game all the time.

The problem is, why to even care about this world when it's so obviously fake one?
It really feels like they are living their delusions of the real world where they can live their happy life. It was mentioned again, right, the thing with their powers disappearing when their puberty ends. Chuunibyou syndrome all over again.

Yusarin was probably the most bearable character this time but mostly because of the comedy and cute side of hers.
And by this time I really don't follow why he still abides by his sister's cooking.

Edit: for future unblocking of japanese-only videos, use this: http://japanwebproxy.com/
Mich666Jul 27, 2015 1:57 PM
Jul 27, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
zhiend = the end
Jul 27, 2015 3:32 PM

Aug 2014
Fun but repetitive episode. Can't wait for episode 5 after watching the preview.
Nao ♥

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jul 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Jul 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
ahsinam33 said:

do not forget thank upload the video.
the link you posted is mine.

Charlotte Episode 5 preview

Camp in episode 5.
Ayami was alone and unprotected, probably when they return home in episode 6, Ayumi will already have been kidnapped.

Not sure how I'm gonna feel about next week's episode. Looks almost like a carbon copy of that one Angel Beats episode. As if having discount-Takamatsu in the show was enough. Still enjoying the show though.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 27, 2015 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
Baseball in Angel Beats, Little Busters and now Charlotte. Someone really likes baseball lol.
Jul 27, 2015 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Baseball in Angel Beats, Little Busters and now Charlotte. Someone really likes baseball lol.

Technically it was in Little Busters first (Visual Novel), but yes, baseball seems to be a thing Maeda enjoys alot C:
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Blueray release?

Drobot - Oct 5

6 by Kradaxe »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

654 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

463 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

866 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Sep 22, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.