Forum Settings
Forums

If you could ever make an anime, what kind of anime would you want it to be?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2014
emobuttercup said:
How tumblr would make their anime: Everything must be politically correct, so all the characters must have at least 3 of these traits:
-They're a poc or from a foreign country
-They're disabled
-They're homosexual/pansexual/asexual/multisexual/presexual (i'm just making shit up)
-They're genderfluid/bigender/pangender/multigender/genderqueer/genderhazy/agender
-They go by the pronouns yt, ze, re, shen, qui
-They have headmates
-They're overweight

And nothing can be racist, sexualised, or anything else offensive; unless it's towards cis white males

Somebody's been #Tumbled.
Apr 26, 2015 12:12 AM

Jan 2015
A talented mech pilot is the son of the supreme general of an empires army that is locked in a war with another empire. His sister was selected to be one of the first to be genetically modified to become the first super soldiers. Humans made to pilot mechs with next level accuracy. But his sister was being forced into the war and taken advantaged of/abused. She is a really nice girl who hates violence and whatever. Because of this he takes her and runs away as refugees to the other empire away from their oppressive father.

Because he is a enemy refugee trying to survive on a planet drained by the tolls of war, he must do dangerous suicide missions with his piloting skills and fight to survive in order to keep his sister safe. He gets "adopted" by a skilled mechanic who witnesses his piloting skills, and he is given the means to become a racer.

He becomes a mech racer in a high octane death race (similar to the movie redline). As well as does dangerous missions to make money in order to buy expensive drugs to upkeep her sisters special body. (since she is a prototype super soldier she cant sustain her own body) as well as get money to buy citizenship, so they can stop being refugees and be able to provide his sister a good life. as well as getting healthcare, so he can go to real doctors that can fix her body.

One day, he is asked to do a mission from his usual supplier (some powerful gang lord or whatever). Here he meets an amazing woman. Beautiful and strong, the only person he ever met that met his skill as a mech pilot. They work together, and they hit it off pretty well and become friends. They do a couple more missions together, bonding and shit. potential romance budding. But, the woman is doing this in order to get close to the big boss guy because she knows hes planning a huge attack eventually to get some super expensive mysterious artifact. Eventually, when the time is come to do this mission. Our male and female protagonists are chosen to do this mission for an obscene amount of money. Enough for our male protag to buy citizenship and be able to legally get doctors to fix his sister. BUT the female protag has a hidden agenda, she does all this to take the artifact for herself. She belongs to a ship of elite artifact hunters, that are collecting these artifacts that are said to unlock an ultimate power, they plan on using to grant their wishes.

While doing this, the male protag gets injured badly. Female protag saves him as well and brings him aboard their artifact hunting ship as they escape with the artifact. His sister hears about this and tries to follow the ship and get back her brother but the artifact hunters shoot her the fuck down cause they didnt know who she was and though it was an enemy.

Ahh, no. The guy wakes up and is devestated. Doesnt trust the female protagonist anymore. She is really sad and wants to make it up to him and have him forgive her. Drama and shit between him and the hunters. BUT HE LEARNS OF THE ARTIFACTS, and realizes if he helps the hunters who killed his sister collect all the artifacts, he can bring his sister back to life with its supposed magic powers.

AND A TALE OF ROMANCE, ACTION, DRAMA. AND SPACE BATTLES BEGIN.
ModeratelyHumanApr 26, 2015 12:15 AM
Apr 26, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2015
PoeticJustice said:
JohnnyBme said:
A 10/10 elite material

Which is?
Inferno Cop S2 of course
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 26, 2015 12:27 AM

Mar 2014
Inferno Cop-chan in the house
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 26, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
LionCake said:
A talented mech pilot is the son of the supreme general of an empires army that is locked in a war with another empire. His sister was selected to be one of the first to be genetically modified to become the first super soldiers. Humans made to pilot mechs with next level accuracy. But his sister was being forced into the war and taken advantaged of/abused. She is a really nice girl who hates violence and whatever. Because of this he takes her and runs away as refugees to the other empire away from their oppressive father.

Because he is a enemy refugee trying to survive on a planet drained by the tolls of war, he must do dangerous suicide missions with his piloting skills and fight to survive in order to keep his sister safe. He gets "adopted" by a skilled mechanic who witnesses his piloting skills, and he is given the means to become a racer.

He becomes a mech racer in a high octane death race (similar to the movie redline). As well as does dangerous missions to make money in order to buy expensive drugs to upkeep her sisters special body. (since she is a prototype super soldier she cant sustain her own body) as well as get money to buy citizenship, so they can stop being refugees and be able to provide his sister a good life. as well as getting healthcare, so he can go to real doctors that can fix her body.

One day, he is asked to do a mission from his usual supplier (some powerful gang lord or whatever). Here he meets an amazing woman. Beautiful and strong, the only person he ever met that met his skill as a mech pilot. They work together, and they hit it off pretty well and become friends. They do a couple more missions together, bonding and shit. potential romance budding. But, the woman is doing this in order to get close to the big boss guy because she knows hes planning a huge attack eventually to get some super expensive mysterious artifact. Eventually, when the time is come to do this mission. Our male and female protagonists are chosen to do this mission for an obscene amount of money. Enough for our male protag to buy citizenship and be able to legally get doctors to fix his sister. BUT the female protag has a hidden agenda, she does all this to take the artifact for herself. She belongs to a ship of elite artifact hunters, that are collecting these artifacts that are said to unlock an ultimate power, they plan on using to grant their wishes.

While doing this, the male protag gets injured badly. Female protag saves him as well and brings him aboard their artifact hunting ship as they escape with the artifact. His sister hears about this and tries to follow the ship and get back her brother but the artifact hunters shoot her the fuck down cause they didnt know who she was and though it was an enemy.

Ahh, no. The guy wakes up and is devestated. Doesnt trust the female protagonist anymore. She is really sad and wants to make it up to him and have him forgive her. Drama and shit between him and the hunters. BUT HE LEARNS OF THE ARTIFACTS, and realizes if he helps the hunters who killed his sister collect all the artifacts, he can bring his sister back to life with its supposed magic powers.

Reading that almost gave me cancer. Watching something like that would be fatal. You actually highlighted the hackneyed tropes that anime likes to abuse.
Apr 26, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2015
I think this one from reddit will make teh best animu story
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 26, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2014
Premise:

Alternate history. The Japanese army in WW2 succeeds in stopping the Emperor from surrendering to the Americans in their August coup attempt (historically, it fell apart and got nowhere). They vow to fight to the death, even after Hiroshima and Nagisaki are both nuked. The Allies prepare to invade Japan.

Our protagonist is an American Nisei, a second generation Japanese immigrant. Drafted into the army, he has up until now been kept away from the fight with his kin, as with other Japanese-American soldiers, fighting the Nazis in Italy. But now the Nazis are defeated, and Fortress Japan will need all the manpower available to crack and destroy. So, begrudgingly, the US Army sends his unit to Australia to join the invasion force. A skilled soldier and decorated veteran, he and several other men from his unit are asked to leave their unit and join the Rangers, providing them not only with more manpower but people who can speak Japanese. Seizing the chance to truly prove himself to his country (and to himself), our hero accepts and is put with an expectedly all-white Ranger Company. Initially ostracized and distrusted, he will earn the respect of his countrymen (well, some of them) as he fights along side them, takes command when his racist superiors are killed in battle, and learns to combat the Japanese, who fight in a completely different manner from the Germans he faced in Europe.

Along the way he will have to cope with conflicting feelings and expectations. Being proud of his country, but of his parents' as well, and despairing at seeing it demolished. Fighting against an oppressive Japanese government, yet his parents are locked in an American internment camp. Taking pride in his Japanese heritage, yet always being confronted with its dark consequences. Being shamed for betraying his family and 'true' country by the Japanese he meets. Being distrusted and despised by his own brothers in arms. Seeing places he's visited and gotten to know destroyed. And most hurtfully, seeing his friends and family killed - and not just by indiscriminate bombs. Several of his friends and family are part of the Japanese Army, and he will have to face some of those in battle himself.

No way Japan would ever make this. 'Merica loves WW2 though, so come on guys, give me this!
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Apr 26, 2015 10:31 AM
Jan 2012
An epic adventure with a bizarre and original setting.
Apr 26, 2015 10:35 AM

Aug 2014
I'd make a continuation of Code Geass.
Apr 26, 2015 6:54 PM

Jan 2015
supracseduch said:
LionCake said:

Reading that almost gave me cancer. Watching something like that would be fatal. You actually highlighted the hackneyed tropes that anime likes to abuse.

Thats the entire fucking point. But you know what? I want to see that shit.
Apr 26, 2015 7:16 PM
Feb 2014
A "Smoking is Bad" ad with consensual waifus directed at the users of MAL.
Apr 26, 2015 9:24 PM

Jun 2014
LionCake said:
supracseduch said:

Thats the entire fucking point. But you know what? I want to see that shit.

I saw it in my head. It was glorious.
Apr 26, 2015 10:11 PM

Nov 2014
It would be a 1000 episode anime, pulling all genres in it.
Apr 27, 2015 2:06 AM

Apr 2015
ROMANCE/ACTION/MYSTERY/ SUPERNATURAL/MECHA. I've been daydreaming this thing these past few days TT______TT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2015 2:08 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
NicoIsPathetic said:
A "Smoking is Bad" ad with consensual waifus directed at the users of MAL.

Yeah, thanks to those bastards I keep getting swiped to the left.
Apr 27, 2015 2:39 AM

Apr 2015
I want to make an anime about a gay guy who is really gay that he can't control his gayness and he about to die.His friends are aware of this and the only way for them to cure his gayness is by pretending to be gay as well.
Apr 27, 2015 4:29 AM
May 2009
I would like to see the Ravages of time Manhua being animated by a Japanese studio, the ones who did souten kourou or sword of stranger, but dubbed completely in Cantonese by a Large cast of Hong Kong Veteren Voice actors.

Shame a good number has passed away. But if I could I would have made this into an anime epic
Apr 27, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
AnimeFanatics97 said:
I want to make an anime about a gay guy who is really gay that he can't control his gayness and he about to die.His friends are aware of this and the only way for them to cure his gayness is by pretending to be gay as well.

What
Apr 28, 2015 2:17 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I would get Yuasa to direct and compose the series for me. It would be an alternate universe to Ping Pong and it would be called, Beer Pong The Animation. It would be epic!

AnimeFanatics97 said:

So his gayness is killing him and his friends turning gay will deter him from being gay? Makes sense.
Apr 28, 2015 4:40 AM

Oct 2009
LionCake said:

10/10 would kill sick imouto again.

TheFilthyCasual said:

something something Suzaku something kill his something father
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 28, 2015 4:52 AM

Apr 2014
The world after Nazi and Japan won WW2.
Apr 30, 2015 6:16 AM

Apr 2015
I'll make a slice of life anime (about my life) called "the art of procrastination with anime"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . .
Apr 30, 2015 8:42 PM

Oct 2014
I would make sure there's not a single frame without tentacles.
That's all I'm gonna say...

Apr 30, 2015 8:47 PM

May 2014
Something like Shinsekai yori, but with mecha. Or SAO inverted: the video game came to the real world.

Apr 30, 2015 9:11 PM

Jun 2014
MagicPotato98 said:
I'll make a slice of life anime (about my life) called "the art of procrastination with anime"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. . .

So basically Watamote.

JaySythe said:

So basically Kill La Kill.
Apr 30, 2015 10:12 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009

But actually, I'd make a roller disco/jam skating anime with a kinda gritty art style. Great animation is a must.
It could be a serious-looking comedy or like....kinda Afro Samurai-esque. I do want the street feel. I wouldn't mind if it were really dumb like the skaters use their skates as weapons or weapons come out or something.

It could have 70's-inspired clothes, a really cool/funky soundtrack, and your typical sports anime plot-- or a plot like Bobobobobobobo's while still looking serious. As long as it looks serious/cool then I don't care if the plot's serious or not. Afros everywhere.
It'd mostly take place in like... disco-era U.S. maybe or a fantasy equivalent so I wouldn't have to bother with accuracy too much. :U Lots of sexy characters doing sexy skate moves. I'd have to work on important stuff, but that's the type I'd want to work on. I never really work from setting up, but I want this a little too much, ha hah!
SwiggyApr 30, 2015 10:20 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 1, 2015 5:17 AM

Feb 2012
Something with weekly robot battles would be nice. Probably I'd just make Shin Great Mazinger.
May 1, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
A realistic romance with just enough comedy to keep you from crying the entire time

May 1, 2015 4:19 PM
May 2013
First of all: the amazing thing about Animes is the opportunity to turn many crazy ideas into something coherent and watchable.

HALLEY: Two young lonely cowards fall in love when they volunteer for a suicide mission to prevent that a mystical Halley's Comet destroys the Earth. They must combine their mecha to win.

DEADLY OLYMPICS: The Olympic games in 2052 turn into a deadly game where a group of miserable athletes has to come first against the honourable androids, otherwise mankind will be slaved.

THE FALLOUT MAN: When an everyman finds out to be the host of a regenerative atomic bomb, he goes in a mission to stop the Third World War which he started in the past. He has only one week before being disabled.
May 1, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
Do these sound like good ideas?

Click here to join our club Discord. Member or not, feel free to join. We are active everyday.
May 2, 2015 10:35 PM

Apr 2014
A new Pokemon anime that's more like the Pokemon Adventures manga, but with even more mature/dark elements (more exploration of the nature of Pokemon and humans' use of them for battle, more violence and people getting hurt... maybe something like MC having to fight against Pokemon himself at one point... just more off the cuff and cool things like that).

I could possibly bring MC and some of the concepts from Colosseum into it. Pokemon Adventures is already better than anything I was expecting, but they could go much further. Take all that emotion they try and pump into the movies and give it an actual basis. Mewtwo's plight could actually be pretty deep, but of course they'd need a lot of new content too.
May 2, 2015 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
A good one that won't be overhyped by the masses since "cute girl".
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
May 2, 2015 11:25 PM

May 2014
Modest_Kuudere said:
Do these sound like good ideas?

That actually sounds nice! And what happen in the end is that she realize that she has been a main character in a parody show all along.

May 10, 2015 6:18 AM

Oct 2014
LionCake said:
AnimeFanatics97 said:

What

good point
The truth is there. The lie is in your head.
May 10, 2015 8:10 AM
Apr 2015
A superhero anime with a male protagonist wielding a dick weapon and calls it Penny-chan.
Jun 25, 2015 2:57 PM
Apr 2015
JaySythe said:

lol. wolfenstein the anime
Jun 25, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
saint0fst33l said:
JaySythe said:

Big Hero 6, the anime.
Jun 25, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2012
Manly girls with six packs and big guns doing manly things. Battle shounen format perhaps would be the gist behind my anime. The villains would be big muscular girls too. Basically, everyone is fucking buff.
Jun 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Mar 2015
Milk_is_Special said:
saint0fst33l said:

Big Hero 6, the anime.
hyakka ryouran
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2014
Long running battle shonen Touhou anime with yuriflags fucking everywhere.
Jun 25, 2015 3:15 PM

Mar 2015
Zuihou said:
Manly girls with six packs and big guns doing manly things. Battle shounen format perhaps would be the gist behind my anime. The villains would be big muscular girls too. Basically, everyone is fucking buff.
quens blade?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 25, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
Harem Fury

Synopsis: Japan is in Mayhem. A crazy manga artist unleashed a Pandora Box. Deluded teenagers are attacking Japan claiming they are protecting their harem. Only one man can save Japan. He must defeat all the harem leads and seal them back in manga. Could he make in time, before the world is plunged in chaos by raging hormone teenagers.

Anime Opening featuring David Hasslehoff

Anime Ending featuring Ghost Buster
Jun 25, 2015 3:23 PM
May 2014
mmo anime with tragic ending
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jun 25, 2015 3:23 PM
Jul 2018
kawaii-despair said:
dangan ronpa 2 animated

This. I want to see my babies animated
Jun 25, 2015 4:15 PM

Nov 2012
Unyilkdr said:
Zuihou said:
quens blade?

I don't see manly and beefy women in Queen's Blade from what I see on the cover. I was going for something crazy and stupid like this.
Jun 25, 2015 4:23 PM

Feb 2012
a tragedy anime
Jun 25, 2015 4:30 PM

Jun 2014
Cory-chan in the House the Animation.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 25, 2015 4:33 PM

Mar 2015
a story about storymaker make a story about story.
Jun 25, 2015 4:34 PM

May 2015
Anime would have badass looking delinquent characters similar to beelzebub or my little monster and pretty girls( no lolis or crazy hair colors). The MC would be the leader of the delinquents at his HS and be really cold and messed up.
He would have a main clique of friends all other bad students/ delinquents and group would be made up of both boys and girls.
There would be focus on different relationships w/in the group also not only the relationship of the MC.
Through the progression of the anime the MC gets worse and worse doing all sorts of messed up stuff with his group. Then he would meet a really nice innocent girl and falls in love with her and she starts to change him to be a better person but then one day something bad happens to her, for example she gets raped or murdered by rival students from another HS. This causes MC to go one of two ways he either says she is impure after what happened to her and shoots her which turns him even more crazy and messed up or he tries to get revenge for her but still is not a good person.
(idk I just want an anime with a badass character and an edgy plot lol)
Jun 25, 2015 4:40 PM

Nov 2014
A Mystery, Drama, Romance, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller with a little bit of Action. I'm reading G-Senjou no Maou, so probably an adaptation of that. Though it most likely wouldn't work as an Anime.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

702 by Shadow9lives »»
3 minutes ago

» What are old anime that won't be made today

Kirika_Madeleine - Yesterday

28 by Nurguburu »»
4 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7413 by Hikinekomori »»
16 minutes ago

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - 4 hours ago

6 by RareAnimeHunter »»
40 minutes ago

» Which character do you identify with the most?

tahikiry - Yesterday

22 by Quadruple_Oi »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.