Mar 15, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2011
Frank

A pretty good Twitter commercial turned into a movie
Crzy_MinusMar 15, 2015 5:55 PM
Mar 15, 2015 7:24 PM

Sep 2013
*The deer hunter* - I'm so broken right now - feels, feels everywhere ; v ;

Watched *Out of furnace* some days ago, and among the reviews there were some quoting Deer Hunter. Had it long in my ptw - but never felt in the mood for. Since guys kept on telling how good was 'n stuff gave it a shot. Man what a ride - it's like really being thrown under a carousel of emotions that leave you devastated.
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Mar 15, 2015 7:27 PM

Sep 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Brynhildr said:
*Memories of murder*, by Bong Joon-ho - didn't expect much when I started it, except being hooked at every frame. It makes pale in comparison a lot of thriller / detective movies.

Yeah, that movie is fantastic. The cinematography is very good, and there are a lot of beautiful shots throughout the movie. The tone of the film is also quite interesting, and the number of emotion you go through while watching it is amazing. It is disturbing, funny, tense...

One thing I will never forget about this movie was all those flying kicks from the cops, everytime they happen, no matter the context, I burst out laughing.

Yeah, me too XD XD that was hilarious. But you know - the scene when they have to cut off his leg - that was like the real end for me. The end of the whole struggle at least. Like chopping off any hope, any resolve that survived till that moment to have justice.
Mar 16, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2007
Brynhildr said:
SetsukoHara said:

Yeah, that movie is fantastic. The cinematography is very good, and there are a lot of beautiful shots throughout the movie. The tone of the film is also quite interesting, and the number of emotion you go through while watching it is amazing. It is disturbing, funny, tense...

One thing I will never forget about this movie was all those flying kicks from the cops, everytime they happen, no matter the context, I burst out laughing.

Yeah, me too XD XD that was hilarious. But you know - the scene when they have to cut off his leg - that was like the real end for me. The end of the whole struggle at least. Like chopping off any hope, any resolve that survived till that moment to have justice.

lol I've see those weird flying kicks from the cops in other asiam movies too, they always make me laugh.

But yeah, Memories of murder is a brilliant movie, and the ending really sticks with you, one of my favorite endings. Kang-ho Song is once again amazing in his role, yet he also managed to be in one of the worst asian movie I've watched, Howling, oh well, it happens.
Mar 18, 2015 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Last night, my Mom and I watched "City of Ember."

It was pretty good. The setting was very interesting, and the characters were very unique. It's a shame it flopped in the box office. It's definitely underrated.

Mar 18, 2015 5:13 PM

Dec 2013
Synecdoche, New York

I'm gonna need some time to process this.
Shit got real fucking convoluted around halfway through and i'm not a smart man.
Mar 18, 2015 9:32 PM

Sep 2011
Saw Cinderella yesterday. It was alright. The stepmother and stepsisters were pretty good at being evil. The part I didn't like the most was probably just that I didn't think that Robb Stark fit well as the prince, heh. 7/10

Edit:

Just saw Deep Impact on tv. It wasn't very good.
EeyoreMar 20, 2015 2:02 PM
Mar 20, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2007
I watched Song of the Sea last night with my partner. We both ended up in tears over how deeply emotional and affecting this film is. It's not tragically depressing or anything like that, but it is very, VERY moving (or at least it was for us).

Imagine if Hayao Miyazaki made a movie that took place in Ireland and around its folklore. That's what this film boils down to, but what's truly incredible is that Miyazaki's past works, for as masterful that he is, does not compare to what director Tomm Moore has done with this, only his second film. His quiet pacing, the weaving of spirits and humans in a communal setting, contemplations on deep emotional subjects from a child's innocent and occasionally misguided perspective.... It's a thing of wonder and must be seen to be believed. Hunt this down. It's absolutely worth whatever price you pay to see it.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 20, 2015 11:50 PM
Sep 2013
Just finished Watchmen, loved all of it except for Malin Akerman's acting.. jeez it was prettttttttttttttty bad at times. Loved Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach the most out of any of the other characters in the movie.
Mar 21, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
Chappie. Not as good as District 9 but better than Elysium. Lots of funny moments and I was surprised by how good Die Antwoord were.
Mar 21, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2014
What we do in the shadow. Such originality. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Mar 21, 2015 10:35 PM

Mar 2008
I recently watched these 3 movies earlier today with a friend :).

The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age SmackDown! (2015)
Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness (2015)
Penguins of Madagascar (2014)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Mar 22, 2015 7:54 PM

Sep 2013
*The Big Sleep*, by Howard Hawks. Had it planned for long time now, tho procrastined till a recent event put much more curiosity in me so I digged it up. Perfect noir -- loved the rythm of the dialogues and of the story overall -- was like listening to a smooth jazz song. And Bacall & Bogart are the cherry on the top of the cake -- the chemistry between them added to the movie an undeniable charm.
Mar 22, 2015 9:00 PM
Feb 2014
the good ugly and the bad

It was a good movie and I enjoyed...........Clint eastwood is the coolest motherfucker I have seen like he's cool as fuck~
Mar 22, 2015 9:10 PM

Sep 2011
The Fault in our Stars, judging by the trailers I thought I wouldn't like it, but I actually thought it was pretty good. It made me cry a little bit.

Sense & Sensibility, pretty good, though I didn't like it as much as Pride & Prejudice-- but that's probably because I read Pride & Prejudice.

Stardust, watched again because it had been a while. Probably one of my fav fantasy movies
Mar 23, 2015 2:06 AM

Jul 2014
12 Angry Man (1957 version).
Highly enjoyable dialogue-driven movie.
Mar 23, 2015 5:49 AM
Dec 2010
I finally got around to watching Persepolis today. I like movies that focus on one ordinary person (or family) living during a time of political difficulty, and how it affected them. It’s so insightful, giving the viewer a chance to be a fly on the wall and find out just what it was like.

Persepolis does a good job of messing with the viewer’s emotions, jumping from hopeful and lighthearted to horrifying in the space of a couple of minutes. For instance,

I'd love to meet the real Marjane. Her story is so interesting, and I'm sure she has plenty of anecdotes not featured in the film, such as the various places she stayed at in Vienna. I’ve heard about some of the changes made from the graphic novel, most notably Mehridia and certain aspects of the ending, so I'll probably read it soon. It’s also interesting to read about the attempts at banning the film in certain countries, and the varying degrees of success they had.

One last thing… Eye of the Tiger.
Mar 24, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2012
City of God. I enjoyed it a lot, I'm glad I saw it on TV, because I had no plans to watch it.
Mar 24, 2015 9:59 AM

Jun 2008
Up In The Air. Good, bittersweet film with a poignant ending. Amazing soundtrack and score. 7/10
Truth Or Dare. Flawed but remarkable low-budget horror film with a surprise ending. David Oakes is, as usual, an excellent villain. 6/10
Suck. Fun, original vampire flick with good music and great cameos. 6/10

you're so cute when you're frustrated, dear
Mar 24, 2015 10:14 AM

Jan 2011
300 and Alexander two days ago.

Alexander: Nothing much to say about Alexander, it's one of my top favorite movies if not the first one. Great actors, costumes and soundtrack.

300: My favorite Frank Miller movie. I've enjoyed the first one much more than 300: Rise of an Empire. The Soundtrack is simply epic.
Mar 24, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2013
Platina Data - 8.5/10
Good stuff, really doesn't end the way you expected it to
Mar 25, 2015 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Lazarus Effect. 9/10.

I Think It's more like 'teaching' film that action.
Mar 25, 2015 12:24 PM

Dec 2008
DeathNyx said:

Alexander: Nothing much to say about Alexander, it's one of my top favorite movies if not the first one. Great actors, costumes and soundtrack.

Let's not forget that all the actors had to adopt Irish accents because Colin Firth couldn't hide his.

DeathNyx said:
300: My favorite Frank Miller movie. I've enjoyed the first one much more than 300: Rise of an Empire. The Soundtrack is simply epic.

Got to agree with you there, the soundtrack is brilliant. I think I listened to it non-stop for weeks when I first got it. I'm not a huge fan of the 300 films but I did enjoy seeing the contrast between the Spartans and the Athenians.
Mar 25, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2011
Allecto said:
DeathNyx said:

Let's not forget that all the actors had to adopt Irish accents because Colin Firth couldn't hide his.

Never noticed it since i've italian dubbers.

Allecto said:
Chappie. Not as good as District 9 but better than Elysium. Lots of funny moments and I was surprised by how good Die Antwoord were.

Jokes apart i can't wait to see Chappie. It will be released on April 9 in my country.
DeathNyxMar 26, 2015 11:26 AM
Mar 29, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Finally watched Interstellar. Dat Docking tho <3

Pretty slow start, but that's how a sci-fi movie should be done.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 29, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2014
Allecto said:
DeathNyx said:

Lol you mean Colin Farrell? Colin Firth is English.
Mar 29, 2015 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
Alien Autopsy
I happened across this the other night, and I'm glad I did. Having heard little about it, I went into the film with an open mind and I loved it. It was rather silly, but Ant and Dec's chemistry has always been undeniable, and they carried the film, which is strange, when you consider that it had such a stellar cast.
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Mar 30, 2015 11:36 PM

Sep 2011
Made my siblings watch Submarine before it is taken of Netflix. Great coming of age movie-- one of my favs.
Mar 30, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2015
Big Hero 6? More like, Gogo Tomago come eat our... I'm sorry, it was a good movie

"Well then... Raise your voice, and let's sing out our youth together!"
-Takuto Tsunashi
Apr 1, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
Exodus: Gods and Kings. Prince of Egypt did it better.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 2, 2015 2:57 AM
Nov 2014
I watched Kingsman

One of the better movies I've seen... The man who laid out the fight scenes deserves a few cookies.

r8 8/8
💕 Monocision 💕 - Disqus
Apr 2, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
I watched Yojimbo. I like it even more than 7 Samurai because it is not as slow and more funny
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Apr 2, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
RedRoseFring said:

I liked Exodus.
Apr 2, 2015 9:51 PM

Oct 2013
Chappie was pretty rad
Apr 3, 2015 3:29 AM

Jan 2014
DeathNyx said:
RedRoseFring said:

I liked Exodus.

I liked that they extended the plagues. That has always been my favourite part.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 3, 2015 4:18 AM

Dec 2013
Watched "The Wolf of Wall Street" with my bro. I had heard it was supposed to be funny and it had Leo Dicaprio in it, so i was expecting something decently funny.

It exceeded my expectations ten fold. The acting and comedy was just fantastic. I did think it was a bit too long though, but otherwise quite thouroughly enjoyed it.
Apr 3, 2015 5:49 AM

Jan 2010
Wathed Solaris (Andrei Tarkovsky's). One of the most tought-provoking movie I've ever watched. And arguably one of the best sci-fi movie of all time. It seems like one can even draw out an analysis in every scene in this movie, not to mention the overarching theme.
Apr 3, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
Watched Groundhog Day again after many years, damm this movie is so hilarious and heartwarming. This is how all romcom movies should be.
Apr 3, 2015 5:14 PM
Jan 2015
I saw Home a few nights ago at the movie theater with friends. I normally enjoy the occasional animated movie from DreamWorks, but I just couldn't really get into this one. I remember wondering how much longer the movie was going to last about halfway through it. It's not something that I would want to watch again.
Apr 3, 2015 6:50 PM

Aug 2013
Interstellar what a movie. The science ironically was pretty easy to follow but still I had to take a few minutes after just to take the experience in. An amazing movie.
Apr 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
Spooky_Love said:
Interstellar what a movie. The science ironically was pretty easy to follow but still I had to take a few minutes after just to take the experience in. An amazing movie.

I kno right?
That became my favourite movie of 2014, with Gone Girl cutting it close.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Apr 4, 2015 9:24 AM

Jun 2014
Just watched The Maze Runner. It reminded me of Attack on Titan with the whole stay within the walls concept. It had so much potential to be better but a sequel is hinted so there's that to look forward to.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 4, 2015 9:42 AM

Apr 2015
Watched Saving Private Ryan last night again for the gazilionth time. It's still one of my favorites if not my favorite.
Apr 4, 2015 10:06 AM

Jan 2011
Re-watched Edge of Tomorrow. Not bad, a lot of sci-fi action and funny moments.
Apr 4, 2015 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Furious 7.

Pretty mediocre.

5/10.
Apr 4, 2015 2:53 PM

Mar 2015
The last movie I have seen is Hotel Grand Budapest.
I love the auteur's style. A work of art in which the antic, whimsical comedy dances in a dramatic auditorium along with the actors. Everything flows easily and is also full of a unique elegance. A romance that blends beautifully a mysterious, ambiguous energy with the spectaculars scenes that seems magic.

I definitely would recommend this movie: 9/10
Hi! I am not a native english speaker, so I think you will find many spelling mistakes in my messages. If you can and if you want, please correct me. Thank you.
Apr 4, 2015 6:22 PM

Aug 2014
DeathNyx said:
Re-watched Edge of Tomorrow. Not bad, a lot of sci-fi action and funny moments.

Seen it at least a dozen times. Still very good, even after all these viewings.

Kouldfire said:
The last movie I have seen is Hotel Grand Budapest.
I love the auteur's style. A work of art in which the antic, whimsical comedy dances in a dramatic auditorium along with the actors. Everything flows easily and is also full of a unique elegance. A romance that blends beautifully a mysterious, ambiguous energy with the spectaculars scenes that seems magic.

I definitely would recommend this movie: 9/10

Have you seen any of his other movies? Because they are pretty much the exact same movie as Budapest. If you've seen one Wes Anderson movie, you've seen them all.
Apr 4, 2015 6:25 PM

Dec 2012
Watched I Saw the Devil last night. Really great Korean movie. It's real ruthless and graphic and it really delves into the human capacity for evil. 10/10 would absolutely recommend.
Apr 5, 2015 4:12 AM

Jan 2015
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun (1969)

A fun parallel universe science fiction with special effects from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson that makes it look like the Thunderbirds with real people. Great colour and visuals
Pages (97) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3498 by AdamBirch »»
1 hour ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7770 by enigmasauce »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

38 by AnimeGirlEnjoyer »»
10 hours ago

» What are your favorite western cartoons? ( 1 2 )

Deadaccount2974 - Mar 15, 2021

77 by Rhae »»
Today, 11:47 AM

Poll: » do you use TikTok?

DreamingBeats - Mar 16

32 by Rhae »»
Today, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.