Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2014 6:19 AM
Feb 2014
kokusho36 said:
Caleb8980 said:

It's fine if it's just a bug, and originally my complaint was about people not being able to sign up for BoB without getting into this building, even though they can be teleported there at any time, contradicting what they said in another episode about characters not being able to teleport in GGO.

I'm bringing this up again: in episode 1, government guy tells us that GGO's servers are in America, so it's impossible to contact those who manage them. In this episode, it is said that there are indeed servers in Japan; was the government trolling Kirito, or is it just bad writing?

Nah, Sinon says that "Japanese stuff is assigned for the server FOR Japan", not in Japan ;-)
So just that they have japanese people doing the translations, troubleshooting and Q&A from the players to the company, but the server itself still sits in America.
Aug 3, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah, I rewatched that part, and I was wrong about the servers.
Also, now that I think about it, people usually gather together before a Raid or PvP event in an MMO, so my previous complaint was also bullshit. It's just a bit forced for them to sign up in front of everyone so that Death Gun can do his thing.
Basically, I was full of shit.
Aug 3, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2013
Star Wars vibe again with all those similar moves and characters. Finally the action where Kirito plays his part.
Too bad that Sinon found out about Kirito's true gender. Would have loved to see some good scenes pertaining the matter.
Seems that Death Gun is from the Laughing Coffin back at SAO. Maybe a joint organization, I don't even know.
Aug 3, 2014 6:45 AM

Sep 2010
Lightsabers and Darth Vader.
Aug 3, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
Is there any reason why Kazuto didn't entered his real info while registering for BoB tournament?

Why..just why? He should have acted more for a longer time. T_T Sinon going tsun with lots of dere was nice to see. :3 Dat bitch-slap!!!

Dat evil grin. Loving Sinon a lot.

Intense start for the match. But them deflections! Loved the slow animation sequence while deflecting those bullets and that stab attack! Nice visuals! ^^

So who were those guys again with that symbol? IIRC, it was a PK guild from SAO?

And holy shit, this discussion thread is spoiler city. >_>
Aug 3, 2014 7:28 AM
Dec 2013
I play wow and never trust a person who plays female toons
Aug 3, 2014 8:16 AM

Feb 2014
Nuvi said:

And holy shit, this discussion thread is spoiler city. >_>

This make me laugh for sure

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Aug 3, 2014 8:27 AM
Apr 2012
One of the best episodes yet. The changing room scene was very funny. Kiritos first duel (shootout?) was great. He really isn't used to firing a gun, that sabre action though, sweet. The revelation at the end was very interesting, did not expect it. 5/5
Aug 3, 2014 8:28 AM

Nov 2013
Meh, I am late to the party and folks have started talking in spoilers. Damn :/

MoeGod said:
lol it sure didn't take long for Kirito to use his hax ability. Forget super human reflex, it's not even physically possible to swing that fast and deflect all bullets from machine guns. The most surprising part is SAO isn't the first one to go down this route since Aldnoah already went that route 1 week early.
The thing about Aldnoah.Zero is different actually.
Aug 3, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
Decent episode, saw some Kirito action and found out that death gun appears to be an ex-member of SAOs laughing coffins. Really looking forwards to next weeks episode!
Aug 3, 2014 10:01 AM
Oct 2012
kokusho36 said:
Yeah, I rewatched that part, and I was wrong about the servers.
Also, now that I think about it, people usually gather together before a Raid or PvP event in an MMO, so my previous complaint was also bullshit. It's just a bit forced for them to sign up in front of everyone so that Death Gun can do his thing.
Basically, I was full of shit.

Takes an adult to admit that they were wrong, my respects.

As for the group signing, I don't recall if it was explained in the novel, but in that money is on the line, the public group signing makes complete sense. If some unknown player came in and won everything, then there would be rumors of cheating, but to have the players get to actually see their opponents, to prove that they are actual individuals, would go a long way towards validating the game from a perspective POV as well as absolve the company of any potential liability.

Also nothing like Death Gun has ever existed in an MMO, and at the current time no one outside of Kirito's mentor thinks there is something more to Death Gun than a rumor, so there would be no reason for to suspect something like that is going to happen. You have to reverse your thinking, GGO did it this way before Death Gun existed, so odds are Death Gun picked this particular game BECAUSE of the fact.
Aug 3, 2014 10:05 AM
Jul 2013
I laughed so hard when she was changing her clothes.. Omg XD
Now I'm really excited and curious to know who is Death Gun :/
Aug 3, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode, still not alot of progress but we're getting there. Fan service yay.
Aug 3, 2014 12:22 PM
Oct 2012
Bluey said:
What's not valid about his criticism?

Because while all criticism is opinion, not all opinion is criticism. Criticism is a higher form of opinion, the core difference is that it explains "why" an opinion is valid. Criticism should be able to spark a debate, opinion does not because since it is personal it has no way of being debated.

To use a metaphor, criticism is like a scientific theory: it can be falsified, the validity of the criticism is how well it can stand up against attempts to disprove it, and the longer it stands up the closer to truth it becomes (though like science, criticism is never "true").; opinion is like faith, it can never be refuted, but that doesn't make it true or gives it any value.

"That writer sucks" is not a criticism, it is an opinion. Explaining "Why" a writer is not very good would be a form of criticism. "There is too much fanservice" likewise is not criticism, it is an opinion. Explaining "how" this show has more fanservice than others would be a form of criticism. For example, ALO had too much fanservice because many scenes were incidental to the story and often they cut important information just so they could have more fanservice. That would be a criticism.

Bluey said:
I've read the SAO part of his books, he is a pretty awful writer tbh, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's read a few dozen quality books to think he isn't...

That likewise is not a criticism because what does "quality" mean. If you are trying to compare the writer to Tolstoy of course he is horrific, but that is a stupid comparison because 99.999999999999% of all the writers in the world would come off poorly next to Tolstoy. Besides the writer is aiming for the teenage market, so the only real valid critiicsm would be to compare him with other such writers. For instance is he better or worse than the writer Twilight, if so then why. That is criticism.
Takuan_SohoAug 3, 2014 12:29 PM
Aug 3, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2011
So this Death Gun is from the dark side ''laughing coffin''.
And it hurts a bit my theory about being Shinkawa. That's because he was online at the same time that the Death Gun guy and at the same location. I believe this would not be possible unless Vader is a G.M.

The Kirito trap was discovered XD

Aug 3, 2014 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
That ending gave me goosebumps. *.*
Aug 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Apr 2013
adaw31 said:
Changing room scene = PRICELESS!

Yeah.
Aug 3, 2014 3:24 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
can't they just resolve all the duels with 1v1 quickscoping on Rust instead or smth :>

ending was assum
Aug 3, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
Kirito's sword. Sound effects identical to that of Star Wars' lightsabers. IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED?

Laughing Coffin returns.
Aug 3, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2011
Oh now this is becoming really interesting. Didn't expect that Death Gun dude to actually be tied with in with that Laughing Coffin guild. That's pretty cool tbh.

Aww, Kiritrap was finally uncovered. Lol at that scene though.
Aug 3, 2014 3:52 PM
Jan 2014
So far I've been enjoying it, death gun dude. I thought he was the other dude from SAO 1
I'll keep watching this.
Aug 3, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2011
Kirito secret is out !!! Sinon knows your a guy XDD

Sinon's friend has fallen in love for him but finds the truth XDD.

OMG dat battle was awesome!!

Death Gun is a member of Laughing Coffin OMG!!!!!

Kiriot did meet them but they hid their faces back in SAO. Can't wait to find out and go

0 [] 0
Aug 3, 2014 4:58 PM

Jul 2014
Sky345 said:
So this Death Gun is from the dark side ''laughing coffin''.
And it hurts a bit my theory about being Shinkawa. That's because he was online at the same time that the Death Gun guy and at the same location. I believe this would not be possible unless Vader is a G.M.

The Kirito trap was discovered XD
Who knows it may still be shinkawa. Maybe death gun is more than one person. Just my guess. I haven't read the novels or anything
Aug 3, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
I don't see why that girl got so mad about Kirito being a guy. She was a wearing a bra and underwear, just like you wear bikinis at the beach..? I would've been more interested in WHY he was a guy that looked like a girl.
Anyway, did no one else notice Death Gun? Maybe he had some invisible skill on but come on.. that room was full of people.
Aug 3, 2014 5:36 PM

Jan 2012
The force is stronk. I only hope Disney doesn't slaughter Star Wars as much as this. Darth Vader was an extra :3
Aug 3, 2014 5:45 PM
May 2014
Weak comedy and action so far.
The soundtrack is literally carrying these scenes. Disappointing to say the least.
Aug 3, 2014 5:54 PM

Oct 2010
Did he seriously not do any research before entering the game? Disney gonna sue them....those lightsaber sounds are clearly ripped straight from Star Wars.

So corny and bad.
Aug 3, 2014 6:33 PM
Jan 2014
Okay can we just talk about the fact they used the Star Wars Lightsaber sounds?
Aug 3, 2014 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
The pace's too slow for me, hopefully, it will get better.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 3, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
Vezzer said:
Okay can we just talk about the fact they used the Star Wars Lightsaber sounds?

Aren't everyone already talking about it?
Aug 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Jun 2010
Godtier_Taste said:
God no! So yeah I just go to my usual place and I found this picture...

noooooooooooo!!!!! who da fuck drew this fuckin' blasphemous and heretical picture??!
All Fanmade pics should be banned!! Bring The Crusades military here!!!

IN THE NAME OF GOD, WE DESTROY THEM ALL!! AAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

There are several more of those with translations on danbooru.
Aug 3, 2014 7:35 PM

Oct 2008
Aug 3, 2014 7:50 PM
Oct 2012
Godtier_Taste said:
YOU! What the hell are you doing?! Are you secretly masturbating to our Lord Kirito too? in case you're wondering... no! I don't fap to our Lord Kirito. I swear in the name of god!

Yes, but do you care to explain why you raised your LEFT hand to make that pledge?
Aug 3, 2014 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
(SAO II Bashers in a nutshel)

How dare he enjoy series that i don't like!

The nerve he has!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 3, 2014 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
Godtier_Taste said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Yes, but do you care to explain why you raised your LEFT hand to make that pledge?

hahaha

You funny.
Aug 3, 2014 9:30 PM

Jan 2013
Excellent episode.
Thank god Kirito didnt keep up that girly voice.
There mus be in game haircuts
Aug 3, 2014 9:35 PM

May 2009
I don't get why Kirito's enemy didn't move, but nice episode nevertheless
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 3, 2014 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
pacuuuuu3 said:

Because his gun need steady aiming ^^
Aug 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
pacuuuuu3 said:

the gun shot momentarily halted his movements long enough to be stabbed. Also, assuming he is a "strength" build type, he probably doesn't have enough speed points for quick dodging, at-least w/o prediction lines.
Aug 3, 2014 10:35 PM
Jul 2014
Kirito not entering his info into the computer definitely will be key in the future I'm guessing.
Aug 3, 2014 11:16 PM
Jun 2014
Wow I like the series so far. But wow laughing coffin is back. Or should I say a member? It did bother me throughout sword art online, how they introduced laughing coffin then they showed up a few times then disappeared. Now I can see why. Forgot them by Fairy Dance (I think that's what it was called, its been a while) because they weren't really mentioned. Though I think it's a nice plot twist, making it someone Kirito knew, or someone who knew Kirito, from laughing coffin. It's something I honestly did not expect to happen considering how far back it was.
Mochizuki Lupine Uchiha
Aug 3, 2014 11:45 PM

May 2011
AzuStar said:
pacuuuuu3 said:

the gun shot momentarily halted his movements long enough to be stabbed. Also, assuming he is a "strength" build type, he probably doesn't have enough speed points for quick dodging, at-least w/o prediction lines.

Guy was obviously reloading in a poor spot, so he gets his ass knifed
Aug 4, 2014 12:10 AM
Jul 2008
I read the LN, don't remember much but I didn't realize it took this long to build just to get some action. But finally at the end of the 5th episode there's some tension.
Aug 4, 2014 12:12 AM

Jun 2014
With the pacing of the 5 first episodes, how many more episodes will cover GGO? Will there be more arcs to cover?
Aug 4, 2014 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
OtakuBeast98 said:
With the pacing of the 5 first episodes, how many more episodes will cover GGO? Will there be more arcs to cover?

I'm guessing about 13-14 episodes. They can cover up to the end of the first novel of GGO next episode.
Aug 4, 2014 12:42 AM

Feb 2011
hyperknees91 said:
AzureAlert said:

I think you're missing the point of the entire anime...

I get the author is very childish about certain things in an attempt to make fanservice.

I think cause it is full on VR it becomes a point where what actions in VR can the mentality accept and not accept, since it isn't a computer screen but a full immersed and realized world.
Aug 4, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2011
-Riptide- said:
OtakuBeast98 said:

I'm guessing about 13-14 episodes. They can cover up to the end of the first novel of GGO next episode.

Going by the rate, they could probably wrap it up in 10-12 episodes, but that leaves them in a lack of content unless they do filler or they start PA arc but that is a long one that would probably take up 2 cours on its own.

I do love how they used lightsaber SFX
dim100Aug 4, 2014 12:51 AM
Aug 4, 2014 1:08 AM

Mar 2014
dim100 said:
-Riptide- said:

Going by the rate, they could probably wrap it up in 10-12 episodes, but that leaves them in a lack of content unless they do filler or they start PA arc but that is a long one that would probably take up 2 cours on its own.

I do love how they used lightsaber SFX

they are covering a few other parts of the SAO LN like the Mother Rosario arc.
Aug 4, 2014 3:57 AM
Jul 2018
sinon it's just a game .
Aug 4, 2014 4:13 AM
Jul 2009
Well because it's laughing coffin and you can't see the face... it opens up the possibility of there being more than one person taking on the mantle of Death Gun.

Or even if there's only one Death Gun, that doesn't mean there can't be other members of Laughing Coffin.

There's only two new male characters introduced in the show, and it seems pretty obvious at least one of them has to be up to no good.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Just finished this season...

Ilhan391 - Oct 1

33 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Oct 3, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.