Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 29, 2014 3:20 AM

Mar 2014
Damnit Kunato, endangering the mission and every single pilot involved, what an ass. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

The slow motion moment of Hishijiro's face before she was killed was like being punched in the gut

I hated it when everyone was treating Nagate like sh#t before, and I hate it even more now. If he hadn't killed that first Gauna everyone would be dead, people are so quick to forget that and judge him. Nagate's a character I can really cheer for.

Next episode looks amazing
May 29, 2014 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
mbdsquad said:
SleepingEntity said:

Because moving your arm is different from moving your mouse, not to mention several other obvious factors. Moving a mech in outer space is, however, quite similar to moving a mech in simulated space. I'd even dare to say that the simulators probably make their mechs move EXACTLY like the real ones (except for mechanical errors, obviously).

On a real battlefield, dealing with unknowns and enemy tactics (flanks, reinforcements, etc.) is the biggest problem for simulations. Strangely though, I didn't see any of that in the 4v1 against the standard-looking gauna.

I really don't want to sound offensive, but you clearly didn't think this one through. Responding with "facepalm" is also quite a poor tactic. If you disagree, use logic, not condescension.

Condescension? Poor tactic? I ain't even trying anything you mentioned. If you feel offended by a simple facepalm, then you clearly deserve its negative connotation. Against redundancy's sake, I wouldn't repeat what others already said p-ages ago. If you can't even understand their non-condescending logic, what's make you think mine would work?

Because moving mech in real battleis different from moving your mech in a simulation, not to mention several other obvious factors

Fixed for you. If you have the intelligence to use "condescension" in your statement and know the difference between FPS to real life war, then I can't see why you can't see what you have to see pages ago.

On a real battlefield, dealing with unknowns and enemy tactics (flanks, reinforcements, etc.) is the biggest problem for simulations. Strangely though, I didn't see any of that in the 4v1 against the standard-looking gauna.

You're underestimating the tentacles as clear as a sunny day. Imagine 6 people or more, each have their whips, simultaneously attacking or grabbing you. Is it easy to dodge that? Maybe for you, it is, as long as you can have your "simulation". I mean not getting unscathed is "effectively 0%" according to you.

Fine. I'll bite.

If your damn simulation can't simulate a mechanical robot moving in fucking OUTER SPACE (frictionless? check. completely inertial movements? check!) then you need a better fucking simulator. Stop using the whole "simulators can't simulate real life" argument. NASA wouldn't exist if that was the case. Firstly, that's supposed to be the point, the goal, of the sim. Secondly, dynamics of objects in outer space are fucking EASY to simulate. Unless their engines don't provide consistent power output, there is no reason their sims can't simulate them 99.99%. Please stop applying Earth logic to their situation.

In a game, my character can do 1337 180 noscopes and sprint for forever. No shit real soldiers can't do that - a mouse and keyboard ain't exactly the same as an arm and leg. However, if a mech existed for outerspace combat, in a sim, I'm guessing I could press a button to boost or dodge. You know what? I'm guessing that if I pressed the same button in the REAL MECH, it would do the same thing too! Weird I know! Sims actually SIMULATING? What? It turns out that machines, unlike the human body, are really good at following quantitative commands, simulated or not.

And you're completely missing the point. Sure, dodging a gauna's attacks might be hard (well, Tanikaze seemed to do it easily enough several times, but whatever, let's pretend it's really hard). Then WHY THE FUCK only send four soldiers to kill the gauna? If the gauna is that much of a threat, they should send a force that can reliably handle it. It's not like they were outnumbered. If they were fighting a nest or were ambushed, I would understand 100% if they got destroyed. But they had the initiative, and could deploy anything, and what happened? Their "elite" pilots got wrecked. Sidonia DOES NOT have the luxury of failure. It's not like, "it's okay to lose a fight or two, provided we win the war". One gauna gets through, and they're all screwed. They could at least try to take their situation more seriously. If four of their best pilots couldn't handle a single gauna, well, they might as well give up. What chance do the rest of the populace have?

Try to read between the lines. I hate having to spell everything out directly.
SleepingEntityMay 29, 2014 5:52 AM
May 29, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2012
SleepingEntity said:
Sure, dodging a gauna's attacks might be hard (well, Tanikaze seemed to do it easily enough several times, but whatever, let's pretend it's really hard).

It is hard. It seems easy for him because he is *special* and received *elite* training since childhood. I will not delve into this particular subject as this will be covered in the coming episodes (or at least I hope so).

SleepingEntity said:
Then WHY THE FUCK only send four soldiers to kill the gauna?

The four were more than enough for that class "H2" Gauna. The problem is that they underestimated the enemy. That was their ruin.
VeldarthMay 29, 2014 8:14 AM
May 29, 2014 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
SleepingEntity said:
If four of their best pilots couldn't handle a single gauna, well, they might as well give up. What chance do the rest of the populace have?

Seems like you avoided my above argument, though let me make it clear that they could handle that gauna easily if it weren't for the girl that screwed up. They went to back her up and ultimately got f*cked, whereas if everyone followed the plan, they would have gotten a smooth victory with no hiccups.
May 29, 2014 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
ligonis1337 said:
SleepingEntity said:
If four of their best pilots couldn't handle a single gauna, well, they might as well give up. What chance do the rest of the populace have?

Seems like you avoided my above argument, though let me make it clear that they could handle that gauna easily if it weren't for the girl that screwed up. They went to back her up and ultimately got f*cked, whereas if everyone followed the plan, they would have gotten a smooth victory with no hiccups.

I wasn't avoiding your argument; in fact I agree with most of it. I just got sidetracked by the whole argument about why space sims aren't comparable to FPSs.

Still, I think if that girl was unstable then they shouldn't have deployed her. I know, they probably didn't expect her to do that, but when Sidonia's room for error is basically zero, you'd think they'd be a bit more certain with their deployments. One mistake, and they're all potentially dead.
May 29, 2014 4:21 PM

Nov 2013
SleepingEntity said:
ligonis1337 said:
SleepingEntity said:

I wasn't avoiding your argument; in fact I agree with most of it. I just got sidetracked by the whole argument about why space sims aren't comparable to FPSs.

Still, I think if that girl was unstable then they shouldn't have deployed her. I know, they probably didn't expect her to do that, but when Sidonia's room for error is basically zero, you'd think they'd be a bit more certain with their deployments. One mistake, and they're all potentially dead.

She wasn't unstable though. She got caught by the gauna and that's when things got complicated and the leader died. She freaked out AFTER her bf died.
And they have other methods of delaying gauna until they prepare another subjugation team, so it's not exactly a 'they will die if one squad fails' situation.
One mistake and the squad could be dead, but Sidonia will still survive.
May 29, 2014 4:37 PM
Jul 2018
SleepingEntity said:

Let me add, that people who compare space-simulation to FPS games have a subpar IQ level.

You have your space simulation which is practically 3D and your FPS game which is 2D. Your average human being can't even manipulate the 2D enviroment, how would he fare well with handling an additional dimension? (height) It's preposterous. FPS games only have the 2D element and the simplistic aiming mechanism which is far from realisitic.

I fail to comprehend how mbdsquad brought up such a poor and objectively crude example.
May 29, 2014 5:34 PM

Sep 2012
Okay, in hindsight, maybe I was underestimating the capabilities of Sidonia command. I suppose they probably did have several backup plans in case their first line of defense failed. Perhaps they're not at helpless and desperate as I initially thought. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know.

That said, I STILL think it was a really bad idea to deploy a couple in a squad. There's no way either of them would stay calm and logical with each other in a situation like that. Oh, and when I said unstable, I didn't necessarily mean mentally unstable before. I just meant sorta green when it comes to real combat. She didn't seem too disciplined in that fight. Yeah, I know her boyfriend died, but I was expecting more cold, calculated rage instead of her... frenzy. But hey, what do I know. People like that certainly do exist.
May 29, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
SleepingEntity said:
That said, I STILL think it was a really bad idea to deploy a couple in a squad. There's no way either of them would stay calm and logical with each other in a situation like that.

They (the captain and the ISC) ​​probably didn't know that Akai and Momose were a couple. I mean, Sidonia has survived for a thousand years, they're not that stupid.
May 30, 2014 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
mbdsquad said:

I simply showed you an extreme example why any simulation is not enough to simulate real life occurrences and erase all fault/chaos bound with them. It's intended to be poor for the sake of its purpose. If you fail to comprehend a subpar IQ level of analogy, then your IQ must be somewhere near that certain subpar IQ you're mentioning.

You're only taking to account our current technology, whilst this show is a thousand years to the future. We had enough time to plant photo synthesis reactors in our bodies, and mass produce simulators, but you're telling me that there's no way we could simulate real life occurences? Who are you to judge this? For all I know, there are already car simulators designed for teaching, so why the f*ck not for mechs?

Also, once again, you failed to understand what I said with my last sentence. I didn't fail to comprehend the example, but your reasoning of bringing up such an example. The key word to this was the word "...how mbdsquad...", but once again, you failed to grasp that.

And then, you reply with how your FPS analogy example could prove how any simulation is not enough to simulate real life occurences. Wait... What? Seriously? An FPS game that is operatable with point-and-click is comperable with virtual movement in a virtual environment type of simulation?
May 30, 2014 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
mbdsquad said:

Oh so you skipped that IQ thing. Must had hurt then. No cheap excuses for this one, eh?

I skipped the "IQ thing", solely because I disproved the faulted sentence you used against me. Having not understand that, I can see how low your brain's power output is.

mbdsquad said:

How about the simulator is about 100 years old? You're only taking up what's convenient to you and fail to grasp hard on facts presented by the anime itself. Who am I is irrelevant to the discussion and simply do not contribute anything better for your own sake.

Where on earth did you get the misconception that the simulator is 100 years old? It's you that alters the content that the anime is presenting. The simulators were based on data gathered until 100 years ago, that doesn't mean it's 100 years old. Get your facts straight.

mbdsquad said:

Cheap scapegoat is cheap. I thought it's meant to insult or something similar but oh well... How, huh? How about I drink a glass of water, sit in front of my computer, seen the other guy's bullshit reasoning about how simulator are 100% fault free, quoted it, say it's the best bullshit of 2014 and set a stupid analogy to a stupid statement, for an answer? The rest is as you quoted beforehand. Satisfied?

There is no discussing to be done with you. Not being able to excuse the bs you have been typing until now and just answering "cheap scapegoat" is a pathetic kind of way to "win an argument", same as the "*facepalm" kind of way you have been using on the previous poster. Also the fact that you have been editting all your posts sums up the insecurity you feel about yourself and your posts.

Also you have a tendency to alter the content of what is being said in this thread, mind explaining where on earth "that guy" said the sims are 100% fault free? He merely stated that the chance of dying is 0%. I see no connecton to a fault free simulator and a statistic that is the result of a simulator.

mbdsquad said:

Move on. dude. I already explained it. You already quoted it. But it seems that your emotion is keeping you from understanding it.

"Move on, dude", obviously you have been facerolled and don't know how to respond in order to excuse your flawed argument, which is pretty sad. Also, you must be some kind of magician to read others's emotions just by what they have typed, congratulations you have won the internet.
May 30, 2014 5:40 AM

Sep 2012
mbdsquad said:
Oh so you skipped that IQ thing. Must had hurt then. No cheap excuses for this one, eh?

Cheap scapegoat is cheap. I thought it's meant to insult or something similar but oh well... How, huh? How about I drink a glass of water, sit in front of my computer, seen the other guy's bullshit reasoning about how simulator are 100% fault free, quoted it, say it's the best bullshit of 2014 and set a stupid analogy to a stupid statement, for an answer? The rest is as you quoted beforehand. Satisfied?

Hey, "other guy" reporting. Nice putting words in my mouth. Simulators 100% fault free? Sure you didn't misread, my friend?

I said simulators could simulate mechs in outer space very well, sufficiently to the point where they would move as in they did real life. That was an argument purely based on physics. I don't know how much background you have, so let's just keep it simple and say mechanical objects in outer space move pretty simply.

I also didn't say that simulators being good at simulating was the reason pilots would have a low chance of dying. That comes from practicing in the simulator so they know their mechs inside and out and gauna to a reasonable level.

I don't know how simple I have to make it before you stop reading only skin-deep.
May 30, 2014 6:08 AM

Sep 2012
mbdsquad said:

I simply rephrased the word 100% fault free using the word I quoted first and foremost which basically has the same meaning. Low chance of dying, the "other guy" above you just said 0%. Nice teamwork.

I didn't have a problem with him saying 0%. Please read. I was explaining WHY i thought they would have a low chance of dying.
May 30, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 2018
mbdsquad said:

Really? How exuberant of you. The only thing you've been doing is to insult and thrash me since they you took my words so deep yo mama can't see cause she's so fat. Lol. A little humor, shall we?

That's the harsh reality, if you want to communicate with people from the internet and expect to find peace, you're in for a treat. Oh, yet, another mom joke. How original.

mbdsquad said:

Laughable. It's obviously the implied meaning. Do I need to be over critical like a Nazi on every single statement so that you won't make it as an excuse to deliberately insult me with sarcast-coated words.

Hmm so you "trololo" people for fun, yet you can't accept the fact that someone goes overboard with every nitpick-worthy statement you make? Seems legit.

mbdsquad said:

Are we even discussing? Are we even arguing? The only things I've heard from you are your passive aggressive blabber shits and cussing.

I ain't even trying to win the argument. I'm just here to trolololol you and see how you lose your cool over an argument in the internet.

Ofcourse I'm going to be aggressive, when I see someone that goes overly defensive just because I found his example bad and crude. Simple as that.

Yes, like I said before, you must be some sort of magician that can read thoughts and feelings, you can literally smell your PC/laptop screen and say "this guy has lost his cool".

mbdsquad said:

As for the editing, I'm trying to hold back my words and trying not sound an asshole. I even deleted the "best bullshit of 2014" BEFORE she posted. It's not insecurity. And believe or not, I never deleted anything except the best bullshit in every single posts I've made. I've simply appended more.

Fair enough.

mbdsquad said:

Mind if you read back where it all started?

I'l quote her/his sentence then:

SleepingEntity said:
the chance of dying would effectively be 0%

Just so you know, even you quoted her.

mbdsquad said:

Since you're overcritical like Hitler, since when do "magicians" read minds and emotions? Lol. The fact that you're resorting to "faceroll" and "you have won the internet" and your sarcasm with mbdsquad bolded is the un-disputable evidence that both your IQ and EQ level are no better than mine. Suck it up.

Hmm, so you have seen the limitations of a magician, and exactly what he's able to do. Sooo, if I "resort" (lol) to such phrases, instantly my IQ and EQ (where does this even matter) are on-par or lower than yours. Again, you must be some sort of wizard to comprehend someone's IQ/EQ levels if they use any of the forementioned sentences/phrases. So theoretically, if Einstein ever used any of them, his IQ/EQ levels can't be better than yours.
May 30, 2014 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
Haha someone is mad. And as if that wasn't enough, you quote my sentences and yet you contradict yourself by saying I stated otherwise.

Wait... I can't accept that fact? Not agreeing partially with someone other's opinion =/= Can't accept the fact someone goes overboard with their analogy of simulaton. Nuff' said. Also, I'm gonna quote whatever I want, and in this case not at all.

Yes you did say aggressive, unless you're mentally retarded I can't explain how you didn't state so. Also, I just smelled my monitor, and it's obvious that you have lost your cool.

So what? That was the point of that semi-discussion, yet now that you're shown what deep shit you have been talking about the whole time, you retreat with a "so what the point" and pretend you know what you're talking about.

Why not? By your logic Einstein would have been an idiot if he said anything similar, yet you take it back now having noticed the senseless shit you have been spouting.

Yes, not agreeing partially with something makes me a hypocrite because.... Hmm... Nah can't find it right now, you're just typing shit to make your sad self feel better, it's ok I understand.

Don't worry, I got a popcorn vending machine, so don't worry, I'm here. Also, if it's pointless to argue with me, you can just forfeit. No one's pushing you, unless you're so butthurt that you can't accept the fact you have been blabbering crap.
May 31, 2014 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Not sure if you're doing this on purpose or you're just very stupid. I will explain it again, maybe then your small brain could absorb the essence of it. You quote me, and then (here's the tough part) you contradict yourself by saying I stated otherwise. An easy example for this is: Annie ate an apple. You quote that and you claim that I stated that Annie didn't eat an apple. Bluff my way out? As in, I got a pair of Jacks and I bluff that I got an awesome hand? You just lost the bet by the way.

"At least mention it", atleast mention what? You keep typing vague sentences with no sense at all. Making excuses for what? Are you familiar with the definition of the word "excuse"?

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, right from the Wiki too. So, by your definition hostility isn't aggression, therefore being hostile can't be considered being aggressive. You try to nitpick my sentences just to humiliate me, but unfortunately you aren't even doing this right. Again, this proves how badly you want to come out on top to feel better.

Perhaps it's you that needs to go check the dictionary. As far as I'm concerned you call me a hypocrite without even pointing out where I acted as one. Oh that's right, I never acted like one in the first place. Also you took my phrase as ironic, yet you tell me to search it up on the dictionary because... You perceived my phrase as ironic. Pretty good reason you got there. Attacking you since Day 1? Lol . You must be so full of yourself, probably you didn't get much attention when you were little. All I did, was point out the bad example you had made at the time, and you took it as if I killed your family. You should chill a bit, too much internet is bad for you.

Borrow word from... Oh were enemies already? Lol, you remind me of those childish drama crap that's taking place in elementary. I'm not gonna ask you for your permission if I'm gonna use a certain word or not. Your replies are not worth getting quote-tagged. Writing in simple paragraphs is far more convenient anyways.

You want more magicians? Go to a circus then, you're gonna find lots of neat tricks you didn't know. Also, If i'm starting to bore you, why are you even replying? Seems to me like you have nothing else to do other than F5 the page every minute to see if I've replied. Very sad indeed.

Response to your "oh and edit:". Yes it's powered by an if-condition, congratulations on finding that, since it's very hard to spotting the hypothetical conditional verb. "Einstein probably would never...", you think so? So, were you his friend or a close relative or something? I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it anyways, so it always remains a possibility. I assume you skipped the probability math courses. What a shame. By the way, that's how courtyards work, *coughguiltyuntilproveninnocentcough*.

It's actually very funny how you try to nitpick every sentence of mine in hopes of finding a flaw in my statements, which you fail to do so everytime. Heck, you even searched where I live and bothered to even translate a word (which you spelled incorrectly)to my language just so you can prove you're... Insecure? Yep, that seems about right.

Ohh, another Look-At-My-Post-Count-It-Means-So-Much-To-Me kind of person. You remind me alot of the Look-At-How-Many-Likes-I-Got-On-Facebook kind of people, let me clap for your success in life. *clap clap*
May 31, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
Fuck Kunato, hope he dies painfully!!
May 31, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
Took me some courage to get to watch this episode, but I did it in the end. I knew it would be hard to learn how Hoshijiro died, but it was worth, because KoS is such an amazing show.

Kunato... May he be raped by multiple gauna, anally fisted by Lala robot hand then left alone in space dying of starvation. What a fucking cunt. Please KoS, kill him in the most painful way in the next episode, I might not be able to support him for too long.

I really thought that Tanikaze or Midorikawa may be able to get back an audio log or whatever to restore his reputation and bring Kunato down, but it seem like those guards don't have audio receiver.... o.O

Izana is funny, but I don't think she's able to get in Nagate shoes. He's really completely broken. But at least, it look like he took Lala words right. Hoshijiro saved him and now that he's alive, he must take on with his duty, that's what she would have wanted.

Midorikawa got an hell of a promotion :O
I'm also excited to see that ancient veteran in action :)
Even if they all seem to die somehow...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 1, 2014 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ouch, someone is so butthurt he doesn't even know what to type. I don't even get how you got so mad over an argument in the internet.

I searched for your sake, I already know the meaning of the terms. You're saying that you're more reliable than Wiki? Haha, thanks for the laugh. Go look up what the terms mean, then go argue on the internet, it would be more convenient for both of us.

I didn't even say anything insulting about your family nor did I say anything to look superior, I only brought it up as a comparative example (with the comparative term "as if") to show you how stupidly angry you got, heck you must have even shed some tears here and there. Again, this shows how hypocrite you are (remember the mom joke?).

"I guess even in a country like Greece there are still fucktards like you", wow bro you should chill. As I said earlier, internet is a bad place for you if you hang around long enough. Also, "fucktard"? It seems to me the supposedly troll got trolled.

So what if I quote-tagged a while ago, how is that a contradiction? By your definition of the term, if I like eating apples, and then the next day I eat oranges and say I find them more convenient to eat, that is a contradiction? Holy crap, you're more stupid than I thought. You type just for the sake of typing and showing your "look how big my posts are" skills, without including how bad in quality they are and how little sense they make.

You are the perfect example of the word "delinquent". You should be sent back to elementary to start learning the basics again. When you reach high school this is critical you get to learn what probability math courses are all about. Also, probability chapter =/= statistics chapter, but I guess you won't even understand.

It's quite pathetic actually, that you have checked my profile to gather any info of my current whereabouts. Yes, do that IP check, because you're a master hacker and can find someone's IP just by a post in the forums, teach me more master! Shows how dumb you are, and wow at that "threat". You're so manly, I'm so scared right now (ps: resolving to a pistol, you must be a real pussy). I won't continue this pointless discussion, I have no appetite to discuss things with a hypocrite like you, who is intentionally avoiding my statements because he knows his points are flawed.
Jun 1, 2014 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
So you finally admitted you were wrong? Good, took you a while.

PS: For a troll, you sure do edit a lot of your posts.
Jun 2, 2014 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Pretending not to understand sarcasm =/= Understand sarcasm. Nuff' said.
Jun 4, 2014 5:29 AM
Jan 2013
Kunato is officially the biggest bitch on the block.
Such mad,much hate,such distateful
Jun 5, 2014 10:16 PM

May 2012
03:24 dat mothership gauna

12:14 Kiritsugu!!

wuts with that Gauna
7.5/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 7, 2014 4:40 AM

Apr 2012
Kunatos corrupted, purge the corrupted
Jun 22, 2014 12:42 AM

Apr 2012
Pff, seriously, Kunato. He's the epitome of despicableness. I can foresee a major blowback in his face now though. Tenbatsu.
Jun 30, 2014 4:17 PM

Nov 2012
Ofc,the jealous bitch cause the accident.Really hate Norio,seriously want him to die already.

Hmm,that Gauna took Hoshijiro's gardes form...
Jul 2, 2014 1:35 PM

Dec 2012
"Don't even think about blaming me." Wow Kunato, you're such a piece of trash. The end was a pretty big shock. Yuhata is actually really level headed and reliable considering she just took the reigns. But the real highlight this episode had to be the captain photosynthesizing.
Jul 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Sep 2009
Catfights like that are part of the reason I both love and despise these forums.
Jul 11, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2014
Shaniyaz said:
So Kunato was responsible for the untimely detonation, which threw Nagate in a shock and saving him caused Shizuka's life. Her death must've been brutal.. :'/
That bastard! -.- Knew he can't be trusted.
I wonder why they haven't checked Tsugumori's communication record. That would have shown that Kunato gave an early command to Nagate..

This is what I'm wondering. You get to see how detailed the recordings of the fights are, and all the info the they can bring up, and private comms isn't one of them!? That one gripe is REALLY wearing into my enjoyment of this show.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 13, 2014 10:08 AM
Jun 2013
Dam this dude popularity keeps going up and down. Also dam Kunato you such a douch. I know your jealous with nagate doesint mean you have to go and get someone killed. Though should of expected this from someone who clocked a person in the head when he was in a bad mood. Even though hoshijiro was very bland and boring how she went out still looked pretty painful. The part where izana was mistaken for a girl was pretty funny and got some free food.Looks like well be getting some robot on robot action.
souledge94Jul 13, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 17, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck that guy.. you all know who I'm talking about. Great episode.
Jul 18, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
Damn Tanikaze got it rough...and couldn't they check the damn log or something? I'm they would be able to and find out it was really that's f* Kunato's fault...

That end though...didn't see that coming...so the Guana's taken over the frame or something? Guess it's gonna be a crazy battle.

And the departure ceremony...the Captain is defo having them all killed lol.
Aug 3, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, there are SOME problem with this series, but for the time fram it has, the performace is VERY strong. Kunato is absolutely crazy, harming his own team out of jealousy. BUt Yeah... SHizuka death was regrettable, surprised me that the uahtor is killing of a heroine THIS early on in teh story, I guess since she was dying he had to devote exttra screen time to her. Not everything is clear so I guess we will have wait.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 3, 2014 7:49 PM

Sep 2011
Ok, there are SOME problem with this series, but for the time fram it has, the performace is VERY strong. Kunato is absolutely crazy, harming his own team out of jealousy. BUt Yeah... SHizuka death was regrettable, surprised me that the uahtor is killing of a heroine THIS early on in teh story, I guess since she was dying he had to devote exttra screen time to her. Not everything is clear so I guess we will have wait.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 28, 2014 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
That Kunato is such a reliability. He will sacrifice anything for his ego and Hojiro died because he wanted to play mind games to the lead.
I hope our new strategist girl will use some of that intelligence of hers and discover his shitty ways.

Amar0k said:
"Doctor Yure, we will hold a departure ceremony soon"

Sounds ominous, anyone else thinks those who leave wont stay alive for long?

After seeing the doctor's reaction i thought exactly the same. I have a feeling their only departure will be from this world.
On the other hand i also want a sexy commander to make naked video calls to me.^_^

Douglas24 said:
Cant believe that Kunato did that to Nagate. It's nice to see both Izana and Hiyama helping Nagate recover after Hoshijiro's death.

Fuck what he did to Nagase. The worse is that he risked the whole mission and everyones life just to embarrass the guy he hates. The guy is dangerous and a liability to everyone's well being.

ligonis1337 said:
Shaniyaz said:
So Kunato was responsible for the untimely detonation, which threw Nagate in a shock and saving him caused Shizuka's life. Her death must've been brutal.. :'/
That bastard! -.- Knew he can't be trusted.
I wonder why they haven't checked Tsugumori's communication record. That would have shown that Kunato gave an early command to Nagate..

Nice seeing Hiyama and Izana trying to cheer up Nagate.
Though, he's back to getting rude treatments from his fellows again..

Kobayashi's photosynthesis scene was nice. :p
Too bad, that secretary guy probably wasn't able to see anything since it was too bright!

Yuhata takes Ichirou's place since he joined the pilot squad. Expecting some awesomeness from both of them in the later episodes.

3 'bodies' appears upon the impact of Exterminatus on Rouge Planet N 68203L. O.o
Yuhata to assemble a subjugation unit and have them sortie.

Nice seeing Nagate's resolve to pilot again.
Ending was interesting with another cliffhanger. Looks like some Gauna can remake frames too.
I wonder who's inside that frame. :O

Awesome episode. I hope Kunato dies an even more horrible death than Shizuka. -.-

I'm also wondering about that...

I think the answer is quite simple. Because Nagate made no accusation about the fact. It seems if he had mentioned it to the superiors they would have checked and that's why Kunato was worried enough to try to threaten him not to dare blame him.

I guess checking such logs is something that can be done only if there is a reason for an investigation otherwise they will be wasting valuable time sitting and hearing logs instead of doing something better with their time.
Since Nagate mentioned nothing about it no investigation was initialized.

nina4life said:
I am not buying it. Sorry, I just can't.

It is one thing to want to control Tanikaze and not want him seen as hero but this is flat out retarded.
I love this show, it is briliant, but I can not get over this.

Kunato risked WHOLE mission, potentially placing Sidonia at risk of extermination and nobody is gonna bat an eyelash? Da fuck?
Further on, Kunato could not have known upper command sees Tanikaze as risk and will not check recording. By doing what he did he not only endangered every single person on mission (himself included) but he was pretty much guaranteed to get sentenced death penalty upon return.

His plan was not smart or calculated or whatever, it was both stupid, nonsensical and, I dare say, out of character.
As big of an asshole he is he was also shown as 2nd place fighter on that training tournament, great and smart student and is capable of making strategies.

What he did was not a plan, it was suicide by all means.
Either by he hands of Gauna or court martialed immediately upon return.
Now, this could be wrong if he knew higher-ups consider Tanikaze a risk, but it was not shown or even given a hint of that.

I am still holding this show in very high regard, the animation seems to have stepped up as well, visually this episode looked marvelous, sounds have always been great, atmosphere is great, story and events were explained very well up to this point.
This last part is the exact reason I hated this episode.
Unlike everything up to this point, it made no sense. None.

2/5 for this episode, 8/10 so far for the show.

You make no sense ether. Why to you think that the opinion the higher-ups have about Nagate has anything to do with them checking the logs? If anything if they saw him as such a big risk would be checking the logs even if they don't normally do it, not the other way around.
Look the explanation is simple like i said above.

Also about Kunato not thinking logically. Well that is what you do when you are an unstable egomaniac. He showed that before didn't he? He can't even control his emotions. Do you remember how he acted in the street against Izana that was just a passer by? The guy has issues and is not surprising he will even use such silly suicidal tricks.
MonadAug 28, 2014 2:36 PM
Aug 28, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2008
Veldarth said:
AiCon said:
Would've been a great episode if it wasn't for such a stupidly obvious plot hole. Why didn't anyone bother to look up the transmissions in the mission to find out what happened? I find it hard to believe that none of those mechs have a flight data recorder in each of them when every single aircraft today (military and civilian) all have two of them in each plane.

Also, why is it that no one even bothers to ask Nagate what the hell happened in that mission is beyond me.

When you go against one of the most powerful families of all Sidonia, you can't do shit. It wouldn't be wise for them to kill the heir to the Kunato heavy industries that produces the current type 18.

And seeing how it all ended in "minimal" casualties (despite the risks), they (the immortal ship committee or perhaps the captain) must have -obviously- "overlooked" this evidence.

Is that really the case or do they just not check private logs with no reason? They are private after all and Nagate made no accusation.
If the reason is what you say and the commander knows what happened then she less smart than i thought. If i was the commander and knew Kunato is such a liability then if i couldn't just remove him because of his family i would have made certain that an "unfortunate accident" happens to him in the next mission.
Sep 6, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
That long haired bastard just became one of my all time hated characters. I hope he gets #wrekt.

And dat Attack on Titan feel coming off this anime is uncanny.
Oct 8, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2012
That sneaky bastard, I wish him dead.
But really don't they have recordings of all units, no way Norio could get out of that so easily.

Hoshijiro being undead now.. what a twist.
But it's sad, I would rather she would be alive inside (I know this is somehow unlikely but we still don't know how Gauna multiplies or how their inner system works). Can be someone swallowed by gauna be brought back to life? Certainly not without big consequences to his/her mind... I guess we will see.

Izana is pushy and pain in the ass again I really don't like him/her/it there is no way she/he/it can be sufficient substitute for Shizuka.

Midorikawa getting XO possition was expected. I just wonder what losses would be in the next fight.

And the captain letting people leaving the ship, wth? There really is one big chaos on the Sidonia.
Oct 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Jun 2013
Guess who's my most hated character of 2014... And I'm watching this in fall so it's pretty safe to say that Norio Kunato is the most pathetic jealous little backstabbing bitch of 2014!
Nov 21, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2014
In the first fight one of the top squads was annihilated by a single Gauna. In this fight only 7 pilots were lost in a fight against 27 Gaunas. Yet people seem completely outraged by the second battle... what's with that?

And why don't anyone bother checking the chat logs? Shouldn't a major "mistake" like the MC did at least receive some minor investigation?
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 26, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
That's just plain horrible what that white haired dude did, playing with others lives just to have him get more glory... really shameful that they had to die, especially that girl :/ oh well that ending sure was fucked up as well so let's see what happens next!
Dec 6, 2014 10:57 PM

Nov 2013
Oh Kunato you fucking bastard. Telling Nagate to detonate his explosive too early and ultimately causing Hoshijiro to die. Hope that fucker burns in hell for what he did.

Awesome episode! It's only gonna get better from here...

5/5

Dec 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
Kunato just die already.
Oh no.. I want to see Hoshijiro again but not like this. (つд⊂)
Feb 16, 2015 8:23 AM

Jun 2014
Jealousy sure makes people act differently and even become fine doing such irrational actions just to earn achievement over the fallen bodies of comrades.

Feb 17, 2015 11:07 AM

Oct 2014
Man, fuck Kunato. Started off as a prick and he's the one who got Hoshijiro killed just because he was trying to make Nagate look bad.

This whole episode kind of reminded me of one from Gurren Lagann (which is a good thing, as that anime is spectacular). Interested to see how this battle plays out.
Apr 9, 2015 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
A lot of talk about the adaptation and the manga: the difference being Kunato's character. I have to say I'm very happy with this adaptation. The differences are too small to worry about. Obviously, if you enjoy this and you like reading the manga is a great read!
Jun 12, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but yes just fucking die Kunato.

I fucking hate scum like this who thinks they own everything and is even willing to endanger its own team mates just so he can get back at Tanikaze.

Tanikaze is also stupid for staying there like a dumbass. Should have evaded and concentrated on the next attack.

I'm just glad he didn't mope around like a bitch for a more episodes like Gundam UC protagonists usual do(looks at Amuro). Still he should have punched the shit out of those douchebags who threw rocks at him.

Watch the BD and hell yeah so many boobs and nipples!

Midorikawa becomes the commander for now ^^

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Jun 28, 2015 5:01 AM

Dec 2009
Kunato what a devious bastard. And even adding more salt to the wound on Tanikaze... he sure knows how to play.
Jul 23, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know... This episode just didn't sit well with me. I was expecting a lot more. All that hate and Hoshijiro's death, and THAT was what happened? Just seems ridiculous to me.

As much as I hate Kunato, I don't think he did anything really wrong here, except be unclear in his orders. I, too, thought he gave the order to detonate and so Nagate detonated his charges. I didn't see anything wrong at the time and had to rewatch that scene. Personally, I think he should have said "Prepare to detonate... on my count" or something along those lines. That would have been more clear. But from what I can tell, everyone seemed to be waiting for a count so I am going to assume that's standard procedure, and Nagate messed up.

Okay, Nagate detonated early, fine... but even so, why didn't everyone else detonate their charages immediately after? I don't see any reason why they all had to go off at exactly the same time. It makes zero sense to me. If somehow it did matter and it didn't work, then fine, it didn't work, but at least they would have done some damage. Instead, they have the enemy riddled with explosives and they decided not to detonate them at all? I don't buy it.

Then Nagate froze up? Really? Wtf is that all about? He's been able to keep his cool under pressure against gauna twice before, and was able to face them down without pissing himself, no problem! But he detonates early and suddenly he's frozen in shock? Give me a break... Completely out of character, in my opinion.

To me, it just felt like the writers just decided to kill off Hoshijiro and blame it Nagate somehow then built around that. It seems forced and flimsy. And then he goes for a walk, gets pelted with rocks and blamed for what happened, eats some rice, and suddenly he's okay and completely over it? No sage advice or pep talk or anything?

I'm at a loss... I don't understand this episode at all. 2/5
Jul 23, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2012
VanZanX said:
As much as I hate Kunato, I don't think he did anything really wrong here, except be unclear in his orders. I, too, thought he gave the order to detonate and so Nagate detonated his charges. I didn't see anything wrong at the time and had to rewatch that scene. Personally, I think he should have said "Prepare to detonate... on my count" or something along those lines. That would have been more clear. But from what I can tell, everyone seemed to be waiting for a count so I am going to assume that's standard procedure, and Nagate messed up.

So you didn't paid any attention at all, eh?
VeldarthJul 23, 2015 2:09 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2014

304 by setarcos »»
Jun 9, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

228 by OlaEdu »»
Apr 26, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

135 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:33 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Sidonia no Kishi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

117 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.