Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bodyguard huh?.. well, whatever this show wants to make use of Aruka's skills.
Meh, the episode felt pretty slow in general. Ah I need some blood would be scattered. The rage and stab though.

May 1, 2014 11:38 AM

Oct 2013
I guess it was alright. Seemed fairly slow this time around. I was hoping that there would be something more to the show rather than her helping random people. That's just me though.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
May 1, 2014 1:48 PM
Jan 2014
This was a strange episode.
I feel like almost nothing got resolved.
May 1, 2014 1:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Dispute with the village head regarding the production of Heaven's spirit.
Malna seems to be unpleasant with the way things going as well..

Aruka's reticent manner is always awesome! She's not interested in that guy's objective; not in the slightest. XD

Like how Karen always get everything done to her liking. :)
No wonder she's the owner of the village.

Village leader is such a wimp; doesn't have any gut to defend himself. Pathetic.
Damn, what a psycho voice that guy has. XD

Kind of knew that Malna would get in the way.. Good thing she's doesn't seem to be dead.
A little surprised to see Hazuki letting go Aruka without a fight!

Average episode. Kind of slow paced but wasn't half bad. OST was pretty good though!

May 1, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2010
sucky episode. i had enough of this pointless anime. dropped
May 1, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
Mwa. Not very "good" imo. That guy just kept screaming and screaming, it was horrible to hear that.....
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 1, 2014 2:37 PM

Feb 2008
It was a mindf**cke* episode and that guy went all crazy.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 1, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
"Guess my work is done here. Time to head home."

Another fantastic episode. *rolls eyes*
May 1, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this anime is pretty bad. I cannot relate to any of the main characters.
It is just showing random killings.

Almost no character development of any sort and it is already the 5th episode.
May 1, 2014 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
It was an alright episode.

That guy really went too crazy about the correcting the village.
May 1, 2014 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
Well that sucked. Did the whole budget get put into the 3D ending? All these one-time characters just seem to flat and bland, they may as well not have any lines at all. The Malna woman was pretty stupid, but I hoped that the "leader" could have died as well. Malna must have had a thing for fat ugly old men.

I'm surprised Karen couldn't have hired a more charismatic guy as the leader...which could have been literally be anyone else. She seems intelligent and skilled at first, but I wouldn't be surprised if she used her body to get to her current position. Which is why I think Karen thought Malma could have toughed it out sleeping with unappealing men when she said her line "I think you could become stronger"--she wasn't referring to her convictions, but her ability to numb herself to sex with anyone. Karen's quite the bitch herself, since her care of Malma lasted all but two seconds when she said "Whelp, job here is done; time to go home."
Estoy_GordoMay 1, 2014 4:15 PM
May 1, 2014 6:56 PM

Feb 2008
the hell, that was one random episode totally out of concept. Or its just me not getting some hidden plot in this.
May 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2012
okay then...
May 1, 2014 7:54 PM

Dec 2013
Only 1 silver for the work? I would've killed the guy who hired Aruka myself, and looted his body :)
May 1, 2014 9:24 PM
Mar 2012
Glad he died in the end, his sense of justice was very twisted. But admittedly that was one random episode. Mini quest perhaps in the original game?
May 1, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2012
Good thing I like Nihilistic- one dimensional characters~.

Which she's probably not and will get a personality change soon.

Meh episode, it's purpose was to make you think about the situation from both perspective which I didn't care at all for and wasn't really delivered that well.
May 1, 2014 11:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ResidentANM said:
This was a strange episode.
I feel like almost nothing got resolved.

Yeah, not really sure what was the point of the episode either :/
May 1, 2014 11:31 PM

Jun 2011
God this was such a bad episode. Even for this show's standards.
May 2, 2014 12:51 AM

Sep 2013
That woman looks way to much like Alka.

That guy that Alka is working for is a douche, he keeps looking at women and saying they are weak even though he's seen what a woman can do...

I really didn't like this episode, all the new characters were so lame. That one guy was a fucking psychopath, the leader was a weakling, and that girl... talk about bland >.> Her design looked like a rip-off of Alka's and her voice, well she sounded like Heroine from Amnesia which in my opinion is awful...

Best part was seeing Karen's moves especially when she stabbed that asshole and Hazuki's shocked expression.

Worst episode to date in my books, almost enough to make me drop this although I'm looking forward to next week's I just hope it's good.
May 2, 2014 12:53 AM

Mar 2009
Whoa. That psychotic guy was such a self-righteous asshole.

Laughably bad episode. Production values were awful too, but hey, nice flowers Gonzo.
May 2, 2014 1:51 AM
Apr 2014
I think the episode is expressing further of the greedy and selfish nature of the people shown in here. Survival is worth more than what one righteous person would believe to be priceless; namely honor, dignity, or conscience.
The man introduced in this episode couldn't stand the reality of this world. He was straightforward and honest until he suddenly gave in to insanity, and at that instant he gave me the impression that he is no better than the people living within the village, or the people who are in control.
May 2, 2014 2:43 AM
Dec 2009
Absolutely terrible. This show is so poorly edited. So disjointed. It'll slowly get to a dramatic moment or action scene, speed through it and then slog along again.

This episode felt like filler of the worst kind. A couple terrible one-shot characters to kill off real quick. The screaming retard was almost as annoying as Hazuki. Almost.

I will give this one more episode. If the morons writing this garbage can't figure out how to give the protagonist a sliver of personality by the end of the sixth episode, she'll never have one. I guess this is what happens when you let misogynistic jackasses make a TV show. Giant tits and nothing else.
SerpentDeceiverMay 2, 2014 9:31 PM
May 2, 2014 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
They are not even trying anymore, I had a few good laughs at all the derp faces in this episode... way to go
May 2, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2011
Well. That was a really strange episode.

That boy wanted to destroy the "evil" and he wasn't entirely wrong but in the end he goes totally insane... It was better if he had killed the old man from the beginning... And the blonde is always involved.... And that girl who died was really stupid but oh well...
May 2, 2014 5:11 AM
Sep 2013
Sometimes...I have wondered what episode I'm even on in this anime...this episode felt like episode 15 or something. Idk but lol I have no idea what was happening throughout the episode but...ok then.
May 2, 2014 5:48 AM

Sep 2008
wtf did I just watch?

1. It started really strange - I thought that I missed episode or two for a moment...
2. This guy was annoying
3. Alka was even more annoying... CAN'T SHE NORMALLY TALK GEEEZ PLEASE TALK A LITTLE.. JUST A LITTLE...OR I WILL KILL YOU!
4. This girl was so stupid that I don't even know what to say...
5. Hozuki is worse than Team Rocket from Pokemon... I mean Alka=Pikachu here ;___;
6. This blonde girl is bad or good? I'm too confused now.

To drop or not to drop - that is the question.
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
May 2, 2014 6:59 AM

Nov 2013
So who is this guy again? Lol
May 2, 2014 7:21 AM

Oct 2013
The guy is just some dude who's trying to help people in the wrong way. The blonde chick is someone of great standing/strength, but as far as I can tell she's good. This episode was simply her picking the lesser of two evils which was to allow the town to prosper. I too wish Alka would talk a little more.

The episode itself was quite odd. Hopefully things pick up from here otherwise I'm gonna have to drop this.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
May 2, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
SlowCast said:
I think the episode is expressing further of the greedy and selfish nature of the people shown in here. Survival is worth more than what one righteous person would believe to be priceless; namely honor, dignity, or conscience.
The man introduced in this episode couldn't stand the reality of this world. He was straightforward and honest until he suddenly gave in to insanity, and at that instant he gave me the impression that he is no better than the people living within the village, or the people who are in control.

atleast someone gets it.
May 2, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2013
Well, this episode was quite random. Hope it gets better...
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 2, 2014 12:25 PM
Mar 2009
This episode was exceptionally bad. Like wow, what happened? No progression, just random killing. It's like the studio actually had no idea what to put on air this week and made this shit up on the spot.

Though the characters were all dumb this week. Malna was annoying and the guy literally could not stop screaming about "justice". I'm surprised that the village leader was the only one to survive. Alka's curse strikes again!

It seems there's more to Karen than what she lets on. Able to move that swiftly in THAT dress and heels? Okay.
May 2, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
This week's episode to me kind of sucked. There was no good transition from last week's episode to this episode. How did Alka meet that guy? Why is he so obsessed with destroying the heaven's spirits? That guy was extremely annoying and no kind of back story explaining why he is so adamant about destroying the heaven's spirits made it even worse. The only good thing about the episode was that more was revealed about the innkeeper with the blonde hair. She is a lot more influential than I previously thought.
May 2, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get the hate for Alka. In one side you have a bunch of incompetent assassins who don't act like assassins in Akuma no Riddle and they barely got any hate. Then there's this girl who actually ACTS like an assassin (cold-blooded, efficient, devoid of any useless emotion), who also kills like how an assassin should (swift one-hit kill attack instead of convoluted plans like AnR's assassins) yet she can't get any slack.

To those who complained about Alka's lack of personality, were you guys even watching the show properly? she is NOT supposed to have personality!!!! The thief leader from episode 3 already stated it clear enough "You're like a walking dead". What we're watching is probably more than a tale of Alka's revenge but also how she's getting more and more human. That's why she met those kids who reminded her of her master's teaching (a sword is not just for killing but also can be used to live) and Malna who taught her that she can make a decision on her own instead of just following orders or rules and to not accept things just because it's convenient.

Dan Roana asked her why she wants to take revenge for her master and Alka answered "it's our code" not because she was particularly grieved or raged over her master's death. That's why it's important that she meets Malna and remember that her master told her to decide things on her own (again in episode 4 during the flashback, her master said "thinking is what makes us human). Seeing Malna not only remind her of this piece of advice but also allow her the chance to see it applied by someone else.

I won't be surprised if there will be more of this kind of random encounters in future episodes. Remember that her official job is a mercenary so also expect her to do this kind of odd jobs for random people like the guy in this episode (who was introduced to Alka by the merchant). In the end Alka may get her revenge but at the same time she would also have learned to live on her own terms and become slightly more humane.
MoeGodMay 2, 2014 12:50 PM
May 2, 2014 1:09 PM

Aug 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
I don't get the hate for Alka. In one side you have a bunch of incompetent assassins who don't act like assassins in Akuma no Riddle and they barely got any hate. Then there's this girl who actually ACTS like an assassin (cold-blooded, efficient, devoid of any useless emotion), who also kills like how an assassin should (swift one-hit kill attack instead of convoluted plans like AnR's assassins) yet she can't get any slack.
Many MAL members seem to hate badass, sexy kuuderes for some reason.
May 2, 2014 8:04 PM

Jun 2013
God, that guy was so fucking annoying, I was so glad when he got stabbed.
May 2, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
There really isn't a story at all so far, none of the episodes can be tied together. But this episode had one of my most hated kind of people. They're the people who will rant and try to change everything even though they'll ruin lives in the process. So glad he died.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 2, 2014 9:41 PM
Dec 2009
jiraiya_sensei said:

You have no idea how assassins act. You're projecting your anime watching into reality.

jiraiya_sensei said:
To those who complained about Alka's lack of personality, were you guys even watching the show properly? she is NOT supposed to have personality!!!!

Your arguements are so dumb. Watching the show properly? What the !@#$ does that mean? Should I put on 3D glasses?

jiraiya_sensei said:
incoherent ramlbings not worth quoting

You really need to stop trying so hard here. You really want everyone to believe they are missing some deep meaning in this show. No. Big tits and violence. That's what this is. If you think this show has some amazing story arc planned out where the characters change and grow, your kidding yourself. Stop acting like a pathetic pseudo intellectual.
May 2, 2014 10:49 PM

Jul 2013
JRWest said:

You have no idea how assassins act. You're projecting your anime watching into reality.

Oh and you know how they're supposed to act? lol..

JRWest said:

And you really need to start functioning your brain here. Trying too hard? pleeeaassee.. those are the things I understood instantly as a I watched the show, your failure to notice things is simply the result of your stupidity. There's no such thing as amazing story arc & deep meaning here. Everything is so simple, pointed out so clearly by the show, and one don't need to exert brain power to understand as much.

Oh well.. I think it's too far fetched to expect you to understand anyway since you obviously think that Akuma no Riddle has more realistic assassins than Alka. This is why one should learn to think with his brain instead of his penis.
May 2, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
This episode felt random to be honest. I was like.... when was she hired to be a bodyguard?
May 3, 2014 12:03 AM

Apr 2012
Lmao that episode was shittier than usual. SHOUTING LOTS OF SHOUTING
HOLY SHIT that guy is annoying. Them derpy faces tho

May 3, 2014 1:51 AM

May 2013
JRWest said:
jiraiya_sensei said:
To those who complained about Alka's lack of personality, were you guys even watching the show properly? she is NOT supposed to have personality!!!!

Your arguements are so dumb. Watching the show properly? What the !@#$ does that mean? Should I put on 3D glasses?

jiraiya_sensei said:

You really need to stop trying so hard here. You really want everyone to believe they are missing some deep meaning in this show. No. Big tits and violence. That's what this is. If you think this show has some amazing story arc planned out where the characters change and grow, your kidding yourself. Stop acting like a pathetic pseudo intellectual.

Why can't people learn to state their opinions without being rude to those who have different views than them ? No need to start throwing insults around for no reason and that goes for both of you guys... ( Yeah i'm looking at you Jiraya-sensei è_é ).

As for the anime and this episode in particular, it felt extremely underwhelming to watch, people reacting in strange ways, seemingly not caring about the death of the soldiers on one side ( who are, need i remind you, also human beings ) and the dude responsible for their death pretending to care for justice on the other... Once again, the moralistic logic in this anime makes no sense, adding in bland and annoying characters who behave in stupid or at least incoherent manners and then get killed right after makes them utterly forgettable to say the least...

On another note i feel like the anime is starting to build Alka's (hopefully) future character development through these seemingly random episodes, making her conscious of her own inhumanity ( emotionless ) in ep3, reminding her of her masters teachings ( a sword is not just for killing ) in ep4 and enforcing it in ep5 in order to "teach" her to make her own decisions rather than being a ninja-bot with huge tits.

jiraiya_sensei said:

I tend to agree with you, although i haven't seen AnR's ( and your portrayal certainly doesn't encourage me to watch it :p ), Alka behaves very closely to what an assassin "should" be imo.
DarkbentoMay 3, 2014 1:56 AM
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
May 3, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
This was an ok episode.

May 3, 2014 4:56 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, did I just watch some kind of shitty soap opera?
May 3, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
The guy in this episode was both crazy and annoying. Also generic Alka in this episode.

Was meh.
My Candies:
May 3, 2014 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
Most aggravated guy 2014. And over some flowers to boot.

A true work of art
May 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
am i missing something or was it never explained why holy spirits are "bad"
May 4, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
Uh that was weird....also that art. Guess Gonzo is blowing the budget on them flowers.

SlowCast said:

Hmm pretty interesting take on this, thing is the show is so horribly written and directed that none of these are shown to us properly.
May 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Oct 2013
Worst episode in any anime ever.
And i was thinking the series is getting better too.
May 4, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2013
that was the worst anime episode ive ever seen.
May 4, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2013
macehaed said:
that was the worst anime episode ive ever seen.

You didn't see Wizard Barristers episode 11 then...

Man I thought I was getting better at this! I could have sworn that the girl was going to be the sole survivor of another huge massacre in which everyone in town as well as Alka's employer dies.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.