Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow...that seriously picked up. Not even wasting a single minute this episode with the action. Why do I have a feeling Alka will get someone killed again?

There's a white flower that I assume might symbolize some sort of hope. Too bad there's still a shit load of despair in this show. I don't think Alka can trust anyone now at this point. And we also get a cliffhanger...which probably leads to a big fight next time.
Stark700Jun 12, 2014 1:20 PM
Jun 12, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Jin Varel has returned however I don't think Aruka is ready for the fight, she is still uncertain of which path she wants to take. Not sure whats going on with Jin Varel's supporters though, looks like they resurrected her then started to attack her.
Jun 12, 2014 1:35 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
What a swift beginning! That was most likely Aruka in the past, as a prime badass assassin.

Finally the white-haired philosopher guy appears again and delivers another deep quote. Great!

Didn't really expect Aruka to give up her blades instead. She must be really suffering..
Though I think it's unnecessary for her to take it all upon herself as if it's her fault that everyone died.

So, Yu revived Jin Varrel just so she can kill her herself and revive her again? What?! -.-
White Jin and Black Jin's last moments were sad but nicely depicted her sadness nonetheless.
Damn, she goes berserk! What crazy power force! :O

For a moment, I thought Karen was sparring seriously once again.
Good to see that it was just to put Aruka back on track and find her new resolve.
Oho. She needs to find her resolve and find it soon cause newly revived and refined with Impurity, Jin Varrel is here.

Good episode. Expecting a good battle next week.

Jun 12, 2014 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Bit of Alka's past in this episode, she was a badass.
Alka still depressing.
Jin varrel is back with a horse which i called pudding.
Pudding Died *sad face*
Jin vs Alka next ep hopefully
Jun 12, 2014 2:09 PM
Mar 2008
Douglas24 said:
Not sure whats going on with Jin Varel's supporters though, looks like they resurrected her then started to attack her.

I think she was reborn incomplete or some shit like that, so they killed her and tried again and again. It's just a wild guess tho.
Hopefully they'll deliver a good fight to make up the fuck up in ep 8.
Jun 12, 2014 2:29 PM
Mar 2012
My goodness, the animation quality was really horrible this episode.

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode if ignoring the technical issues. Alka's character was fleshed out nicely and nice to see Jin Varrel back in action.
Jun 12, 2014 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
LOL @ the fire in this episode. Looks like someone made it with MS Paint.
Jun 12, 2014 5:57 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing how Alka fought in the past, she was totally a badass.

Jin is back.
Jun 12, 2014 5:58 PM

May 2009
alexpte said:

Overall, I really enjoyed the episode if ignoring the technical issues. Alka's character was fleshed out nicely and nice to see Jin Varrel back in action.

Yes, this episode was horrible when it comes to art. As for your first screen, I "loved" how that guy carrying that bag was walking without moving even a bit... They should be ashamed for releasing it like that... few more priceless screens... bad quality but really... searching for better one wasn't really worth it in the end.

Eyes... goddamit! Who did that horrible thing. In whole episode you can see that faces are more or less messed up. Miraclously Alka avoided that fate the most...

Flowers that are there but are not there at the same time...

The fire later on was horrible as well, also various "animations" of moving or running looked very sloppy and not coordinated well. Every minute or two I guess I could make screen with some really bad quality as there really were only few decent scenes. I know it wasn't top notch from the beggining but this episode was just really really bad. Or cheap... whatever happens it seems that their founding is drying up...
_Arris_Jun 12, 2014 6:06 PM
Jun 12, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
The animation wasn't good but actually the story makes up for that. At first it was a really bad anime but it got surprisingly interesting. o:
Jun 12, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
Was it just me or did it seem this episode was running on a super low budget. The fire and some of the animation looked pretty bad.

Pretty okay episode. Looks like Alka is finally starting to snap out of her funk. Looks like a good fight next episode with Jin.
My Candies:
Jun 12, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2009
Tendou-kun said:
The animation wasn't good but actually the story makes up for that. At first it was a really bad anime but it got surprisingly interesting. o:

For me that story isn't anything suprising, just typical anime promoting game with very basic revenge and drama plot. Such story doesn't make up for that bad quality drop. I mean every previous episode was more or less ok, not that bad but not really good either. Sitting in the middle of quality scale. But that episode... that is what I would call 20 minutes of pure disaster when it comes to art.
Jun 12, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
The art in this episode was so awful, it's like they've started to not give a shit anymore.
Jun 12, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2013
Are you fucking serious?

http://i.imgur.com/5ITIrGn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yfGRhG0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/F6BlCiM.jpg

Your partially transparent jaw and phasing hair has to be a joke.

http://i.imgur.com/y5uQyL1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kFB1Oe4.jpg
RiceJun 12, 2014 9:01 PM
Jun 12, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
What's with the moonwalking guy XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 12, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2013
xchee said:

I couldn't stop laughing after seeing that ^^
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Jun 12, 2014 10:31 PM

Sep 2013
Lol at the random song dude.

Jin is back and then killed again >.>

Weapons for flowers and then the lady returned them. Saved her from getting caught at least.

Lol @10:48 that one guy is walking in place :P

So Jin is back again and this time she's riding a flying horse...

Decent fight, but the slap was funny.

Well looks like we get a rematch next episode, hopefully the fight will be better than the first one. Finally we will get to the Soul part of Blade & Soul, it took long enough :

_Arris_ said:
alexpte said:

Yes, this episode was horrible when it comes to art. As for your first screen, I "loved" how that guy carrying that bag was walking without moving even a bit... They should be ashamed for releasing it like that... few more priceless screens... bad quality but really... searching for better one wasn't really worth it in the end.

Eyes... goddamit! Who did that horrible thing. In whole episode you can see that faces are more or less messed up. Miraclously Alka avoided that fate the most...

Flowers that are there but are not there at the same time...

The fire later on was horrible as well, also various "animations" of moving or running looked very sloppy and not coordinated well. Every minute or two I guess I could make screen with some really bad quality as there really were only few decent scenes. I know it wasn't top notch from the beggining but this episode was just really really bad. Or cheap... whatever happens it seems that their founding is drying up...
I thought the guy walking in place was hilarious and I didn't even notice the others much. I noticed the eyes thing, but I interpreted that as if they were just staring intently at Alka :P Good catch on the flower bit. Another one I would point out are the flames at first, they just looked odd :/
Jun 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
I don't think I've ever been so distracted by bad animation in anything. It's a shame, because it was a pretty good episode otherwise.
Jun 12, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2013
best episode ever 11/10 I've never laughed so much in my life

not sure whether to keep this at 3 or give it a 10 AOTY what can I say
Syrup-Jun 12, 2014 11:17 PM
Jun 12, 2014 11:19 PM

May 2013
The return of Jin Varel. She looks cool with the horse flying around with impurities. Alka is losing her mind with all those flashbacks of the past. She finally woke up to realize that killing is wrong. I guess the fight's gonna start.

xchee said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. XD
I guess the animation is off in this episode. The fire was .... I can't put words to describe it.
Jun 13, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
Such a shame that potentially good anime like this is ruined by low animation budget. It almost seems like they put most of their budget on the background music.. an odd choice indeed although so far the OSTs are top notch.

So Jin Varell is a corpse.. and so was that big fat dude. The reason he can't speak is because the ritual went wrong. It seems that for every ritual that deals with impurity, the person (Jin) is forced to kill her humanity (white Jin) over and over again. Hopefully they have enough time to deal with Jin's past.

I thought that flower granny was gonna die.. so glad she doesn't! lol
Jun 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was so boring,and nothing happened :/

Jun 13, 2014 8:07 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, looks like Jin is alive again after being killed several times.
Jun 13, 2014 9:34 AM
Nov 2013
So we still have some deaths. First, Jin Varrel... again xD Then, that poor merchant :( And that cool new pony! :( (Seriously.. why would she kill her own horse?)

3 ladies are next to go I guess. It seems like in the end only Alka will be alive.

The fire was absolutely awful.

But! I think that Fairy Tail's author was inspired by Alka's 180 degree personality change and made today's chapter...
Jun 13, 2014 4:25 PM

May 2013
Jin's back.

gg
Jun 13, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
I would also agree that the animation in this episode wasn't quite up to par, but I think the animation can be overlooked since the actual content of the episode was actually good. To be honest there are only a few points in the episode where the dip in animation is really noticeable.

Too bad episodes 2 or 3 through 6/7 didn't have the pacing or plot development as the past 4 episodes. The show as a whole would have been a lot better, and its ratings on this site would also be better seeing as the first few episodes set the precedent for what to expect for the rest of the show, and the bad first impression it made on viewers led to a resulting low rating from said viewers.
Kuro_YuukiJun 13, 2014 5:46 PM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 14, 2014 3:10 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was pretty boring and makes no sense. Jin varrel get ressed up and killed right again and ressed up again? lol? Oh and lets have Jin suddenly ride a flying horse and of course they know exactly where Alka is. Seriously it makes no sense at all to put something together like this in the last few episodes, this is almost like Mahou Sensou.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Feb 2014
Thanks to those animation flaws I've been able to finish this episode. Best one so far, it made me laugh at least.
Jun 14, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
Kondo-Isao said:
Are you fucking serious?

^ this, especially the fire, is very questionable how it even got pass the minimal expectations of animation.
EternalStarlightJun 14, 2014 5:32 PM
Jun 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Feb 2014
EternalStarlight said:
Kondo-Isao said:
Are you fucking serious?

^ this, especially the fire, is very questionable how it even got pass the minimal expectations of animation.

Don't forget about the man who was walking in place around the 10:50 mark.

This anime prides itself on 3D so much it can't even do 2D properly anymore. I'm starting to question why I even watch it anymore.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
Jun 14, 2014 11:40 PM

Jan 2011
This is so bad and not just because the animation is stale as shit. The "story" and characters are terrible.

MoeGod said:
Such a shame that potentially good anime like this is ruined by low animation budget.

Ya...that's what ruined it.

Kuro_Yuuki said:

Too bad episodes 2 or 3 through 6/7 didn't have the pacing or plot development as the past 4 episodes. The show as a whole would have been a lot better, and its ratings on this site would also be better seeing as the first few episodes set the precedent for what to expect for the rest of the show, and the bad first impression it made on viewers led to a resulting low rating from said viewers.

The first impression that you say was bad was the best part of this crappy show. Ever since it started trying to tell it's crappy story (and I mean crappy story) is when this began swirling to toilet bowel.
IZEROIIJun 14, 2014 11:50 PM
Jun 15, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2012
At least they didn't go over budget (I think...). I laughed quite hard in some places because of all the quality. Honestly, how could they air it in that state (I guess they don't really care at this point). Okay, animation was bad, but that scene with the blue flower that vanish and comes back the frame after... what? Moonwalk too, and that fire, that fire. Absolutely next generation fire animation right there.

Still, good laughs.
TynkerJun 15, 2014 12:27 PM
Jun 15, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow, i lol'd alot at how bad the animations turned out in this episode. Big cut on their budget.
Jun 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Jan 2012
those were some amazing flames
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 17, 2014 5:35 PM

Aug 2008
This show is more and more hilarious. It's such a shame I gave it 1/10 after episode 8, now I can't lower it any more
Jun 19, 2014 1:59 AM

Dec 2010
I had this anime at 8/10, but after this episode I changed to 7/10, and not lower because the story overall is nice, kinda. In the first episodes the animation was awesome, but in this episode they destroyed everything. I was distracted so much by the issues, like the moonwalk guy, or the flames. Too bad it has awesome story. I keep it to 7/10 just because of that.
ciocoliciJun 19, 2014 2:04 AM
Jun 20, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
So Jin Varrel was revived just to die again and again. The proprietess saves Alka just to try to kill her again. Ugh to these characters...
Jun 22, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The plot carries the emotional and psychological suffering of Alka, not bad.
Narration slow and calm, do not hurt the finish.
The technical and graphics well below the past, look BDs.
Secondary characters who would still need time to be characterized.
I hope there will be a great clash between Alka and Jin! :)
Jun 22, 2014 6:57 AM

Feb 2010
xchee said:

That was Awesome XD
Jun 22, 2014 3:39 PM

Dec 2008
The quality of this episode was SO bad that I couldn't even really focus on the story. Wow! I don't think I've seen such sucky quality in a while.

Karen is a walking contradiction. She wanted to take revenge on Alka...and now she wants to save her. What? Part of me is hoping that Karen gets a healthy dose of Impurity.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 26, 2014 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
the animation quality >.> DAT MOONWALK soo bause
[/quote]
Jul 4, 2014 11:33 PM

Jun 2011
The animation in this episode was pure ass...
Jul 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Apr 2012
they brought back jin varrel hopefully this time they will have a proper fight not the shit they did last time
Jul 6, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
Again, this show is so messed up, but really entertaining. I like the underlying theme that just came out: "Revenge is empty and meaningless"
Nov 29, 2014 6:25 PM

May 2012
Nice action in the end but well let's see what's next.
Jan 27, 2016 1:08 AM

Mar 2012
Who wrote this shit? Does consistency mean jack shit to them? "Revenge is meaningless" Yeah, she said this is not even laughably terrible anymore..it's just sad at this point. Sure ya know, let's just revenge kill some random killer you took in for awhile and call it revenge....but wait PLOT TWIST! I didn't really want you to feel like a human so I want you to return to be a killer, but this time, with emotions!....I can't even anymore....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 18, 2016 9:06 AM

May 2008
The moonwalk was hilarious :D
Jul 20, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2015
I can see the budget has left for this episode.
Jul 21, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
Jin Varrel is back. Let the final battle begin.
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM
Oct 2023
This episode had potential, for once. It just couldn't quite follow through. It went a little fantasy in a series that is never meant to go fantasy. The main supporting characters spend the entire episode chasing down the MC for essentially no reason whatsoever. The MC, however, reaches an important point. She has been struggling with the pain she has been causing others in her job for most of the series. During this episode it felt like she took her first step towards getting over it. That will be huge for the climax. Through 11 episodes, my rating is 5.63/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2014

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM

Poll: » Blade & Soul Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

59 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.