Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm also more curious about Yukine's past now. Well, I find his current self kinda cute :p

I also liked the fact he was protecting that kid although well..it wasn't what he expected. Sigh. Great OST this episode.

I can''t wait to see her in action.
Feb 2, 2014 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
"Shinki" 's power... Now she wants to take care of KajiKaji's character because Yato is unreliable. Brother's huge room.

KajiKaji's character got lost, and met a dead girl, but had to kill her to release the ayakashi within her.

New characters!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 2, 2014 7:38 AM

Jun 2009
hiyori and yato fight over yukkine :D
and more ero yuki yeah
loved the fight at the end and cant wait for next ep battle
finally !! 10/10
Feb 2, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
I'm just loving this series so much. Really great stuff :D

How Yato described Nora as a friend with benefit had me lol. Really can't wait to see the details of why he left her? Or she left him?

Hiyori-Yato fighting for Yukine was funny and how Hiyori described Yato as a person who has an ex-, an affair and a friend with benefit was hilarious. Poor Yato XD
How he keeps getting stung every time Yukine gets hugged was so lololol. LUCKY BASTARD!!! Well, not really if u think about it in another way --Hiyori just views him as a kid XD--

I just love Hiyori's wardrobe. She's got a really cute variety of clothes. Loved her home clothes and her tied up hair looked pretty ^^

Dat "Keikaku Doori" Then Yato entering with her parents and DAT HILARIOUS FACE XDXDXD Lol'd how he's copying her father and stealing from the fridge XDXDXD

Again with friggin LUCKY YUKINE!!! It was interesting though how Hiyori thought about Yato when she was saying she likes this smell ;3
Lol'd at how Yato came up from behind him when he was gonna touch Hiyori. What a dirty kid XD Not that I would've been able to resist either :P

New Blonde voiced by Miyuki??? YES!! I already like her ^^

Loved Yato's speech to Hiyori. Damn! The way he said he's not tied to these things and can do anything they want even killing and that he's gonna punish Yukine.

Ending was interesting. More development for Yukine. And I wonder what those guys want from Yato?
Feb 2, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2013
Great episode, kinda envy Yukine for sleeping with Hiyori >:c
Feb 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.

Yato is finally teaching something usable for Yukine. 'Kyoukai' or borderline is a technique only for Regalias to make a border between them and ayakashis. Nora is a friend with benefits rofl. Hearing that , Hiyori thought that Yato would be a bad influence for Yukine and took Yukine home. Yukine is afraid of dark aaaaand he slept on the same bed as Hiyori. Fucking yes. Bishamon made a cameo shooting ayakashis, fucking awesome. Yukine met a ghost girl that later devoured by ayakashis. Yukine was hesitant to kill the ayakashi aka killing the ghost girl together. Yato made an explanation that the ghost girl is completely devoured and the only way to free her is by killing the ayakashi. Bishamon made another cameo , naked , that ass. Episode ended with supercell's song lol.

Next week's preview - Bishamon vs. Yato , yesss.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 2, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
Lol freinds with benifits, and Yuki didn't even give it a secong thought when he took off with Hiyori. I could have sworn Hiyori's mom saw Yato for a second. Also feel sorry for that girl the story always gets pretty deep towards the ending of an episode. I wonder who the blonde haird woman is she seems like an enemy going off the OP.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 2, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
Overall, I really liked this episode. Hiyori, Yukine and Yato are all being adorable. Yato went on a children's slide, lol x)

It's really sad that Yukine couldn't save the little girl but they were able to release her from the ayakashi at least. Poor girl didn't understand why everyone ignored her (But that might be for the better) :(

I'm so glad we're finally getting to see Bishamon this episode :D And next episode there will be more ^^

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted posts.
LunaFeb 3, 2014 9:08 AM
Feb 2, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
why does hiyori think yukine is so innocent
lol
good episode
[right]
Feb 2, 2014 9:54 AM

Dec 2012
Damn,Yukine is one hell of a cutie.
Feb 2, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2011
The first half was so funny.
Feb 2, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2011
Yukine is so hot I love this series, pretty good ep I kinda wish there was more action but eh
Feb 2, 2014 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
Sad ending to a very good episode. This series continues to impress me from what was a shaky first ep.
Feb 2, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
hmm, seems half of the comments are talking about manga not really gonna happen in anime. I don't mind spoiler but too far that might not be in the anime...

back to this, yukine is so cute, he got jealous of nora. but good that he feel attachment to yato.
Feb 2, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2011
I don't get why Kaji Yuki always voices such pussy ass characters. I really hope he gets hit by a bus, I hate his voice with a passion.
Feb 2, 2014 10:31 AM

May 2013
Lol Yato easily sneaking in to Hiyori's house. Sad that the little girl turned into a Phantom. Good episode.
Feb 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2008
Another great episode. Love the characters, the "battle" between Yato and Hiyori was hilarious. The little girl added a perfect dose of sadness to the episode.

And I really can't wait for the soundtrack to be released.
-
Feb 2, 2014 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
Yukine showing some character development and Yato still being picked on and doing his douchey thing. Lol
Feb 2, 2014 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
aw yukine is so cute.. :)
really sad ending to the episode, and i'm interested in yukine's past now. i think it has something to do with his parents?
Feb 2, 2014 11:27 AM

Jun 2011
This was a really REALLY good episode. It seems that there is something wrong with Yato, if the blonde was informed that he received a new Shinki why is that important? This series expectations just rose for me after this episode and i can't wait for the next one.
Feb 2, 2014 11:37 AM

May 2012
Good episode. Funny how Yukine is having dirty thoughts about Hiyori. Yato is a player. Ex girlfriend, affairs, and a friend with benefits lol. Yato can be scary sometimes, but sometimes you got to do what you got to do. Felt sorry for Yuki this episode. Can't wait for the next.
Feb 2, 2014 12:04 PM
Jan 2011
Looks like Yukie is getting turned on by Hiyori.
Feb 2, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2012
This is like Bleach, but better written and has more complex characters.

Also, it's kind of funny how this anime does horror better than Pupa when Noragami isn't even horror.
Feb 2, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
A nice warm house with a girl or cold streets with Yato? Yukine didn't even have second thoughts about it lol

6:50 DAT YATO FACE XD

This episode was more serious, this series keeps getting better every week! 5/5

Yato vs. that blonde woman next episode? Possible better fight than your usual phantoms? Yes please!
Feb 2, 2014 12:42 PM
Jul 2013
New girl voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro? I'm definitely sold on this show now, I hope she makes plenty of future appearances.

Anyways, great episode. I love how this show can mix serious elements, comedy, action, horror, and even a bit of fan service all in a nice little supernatural package. Its great.

mayukachan said:

Also, it's kind of funny how this anime does horror better than Pupa when Noragami isn't even horror.
Yeah, this episode definitely had some Bleach vibes to it, made me think of the early episodes, before Bleach's writing went from bad to worse and one on one fights.
Feb 2, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2012
Yato face strikes again. Good episode for Yukine and Yato's old school side. Need Yukine's backstory soon.
Feb 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Feb 2011
Lots of Hiyori in this episode. Loved it.
Feb 2, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
Laughing in the beginning then crying near the end T____T
Feb 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2010
Thread cleaned

This thread is about episode 5 of the Noragami anime and not about chapter 30+ of the manga please don't talk about even't that didn't happen in the manga yet.
And use spoiler tags.
Feb 2, 2014 12:58 PM
May 2013
Last episode was kinda meh for me because I wasn't really liking the comedy but this episode really did well mixing comedy and drama. Now looking forward to the next episode and especially the fact that it looks like a fight is bout to happen. Awesome episode.
Feb 2, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2010
Another awesome episode.Yukine seems like an interesting character, i really want to know details from his past.
Yato goes to my fav chars.
Feb 2, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2013
LOL. Yuki couldn't help touching Hiyori.

LOLLL @ Yato sneaking into Hiyori's house and his face when he was behind her parents.

But then the episode ends on a sad note.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 2, 2014 1:27 PM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:

So true. I'm surprised at how good this is so far. It mixes genres rather well alongside character development.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 2, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. Funny at first, but it got serious with that girl being possessed by an ayakashi.
Can't wait to see more of the new character. She looks badass. I love Miyuki Sawashiro's voice.
Feb 2, 2014 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
The scene where Hiyori and Yato fighting for Yukine was funny.

Yukine refused to accompany Yato and went with Hiyori instead was a lol.

Too bad the little girl can't be save, that's sad.
Feb 2, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2013
I'm not sure if I like Hiyori yet but I love Yato. He sees silly but he also seems like a deep character and a little scary. Makes me worry about Yukine a little. Speaking of Yukine, he seems to have dark past when he was alive, he was jealous of the boy and his father buying something in the store. Anyways, I'm enjoying this show but it's nothing special yet. The little girl felt shoehorned in but she was put there to show that you have to kill the phantoms because dying is better than eternal damnation.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 2, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
I like how it focused on the more serious side of things for pretty much the entirety of the second half. It really shows how creepy the Phantoms can be.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 2, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Sweet, new characters
Yukine's powers..Yukine's past.
Yato and Hiyori fighting over Yukine xD A little dense believing he's innocent though..
Ends up staying at her place. She's got a nice place.
Yukine meeting a girl who died in a hit and run..
Sad ending there.
Those Phantoms are bloody creepy.
Feb 2, 2014 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, poor Yato still getting the cold treatment from Hiyori and Yukine in the beginning. Now, Hiyori test herself to see if she can take care of Yukine, but wasn't that long where he wonders elsewhere.

Well the concept for this episode, is Yukine's fear of dark places and his conflict of killing a possessed girl. Well it sad one in the end.

So a new blond character introduced for next week's episode, can't wait.

Feb 2, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
reaaly a great episode. Its getting really interesting this serie
Feb 2, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
Another good episode.

My Candies:
Feb 2, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
Blond in a bikini top riding a lion. Wow. Looks like a new antagonist.

I like Yato, but he seems reeeeally shifty. Curious to see how this ends, as Hiyori has feelings for him...
Feb 2, 2014 2:52 PM
Jul 2013
The ending surprised me, for this girl: http://i57.tinypic.com/5y6xjr.jpg
Feb 2, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones.
Feb 2, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2013
greebo said:
Sad ending to a very good episode. This series continues to impress me from what was a shaky first ep.

I personally thought that the first ep was good
Feb 2, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
7thVoid said:
mayukachan said:

So true. I'm surprised at how good this is so far. It mixes genres rather well alongside character development.
This indeed,though my one grip is the whole monster of the week element but i think that might be changing a bit with this new girl
Feb 2, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode by far, I like this show a lot better when its being serious.
Feb 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Love the comedy in this show. The faces that Yato makes are hilarious when entering Hiyori's house.
Yukine got to sleep next to Hiyori.
Another God has showed up and she looks real powerful.
Cannot wait for next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 2, 2014 4:02 PM

Nov 2012
Good episode, looking forward for next one.
Feb 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2010
Omg I love this episode so funny!!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

520 by TsutanaiFuun »»
Sep 16, 7:55 AM

» Revealed 10th Anniversary Projects!

nirererin - Aug 10

10 by bck108 »»
Aug 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

235 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 10, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

302 by brunoyilli »»
Jul 8, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

210 by SecoAct »»
Jul 7, 3:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.