Forum Settings
Forums

Author Announces 'Naruto' Story Is in Its Final Phase

New
Nov 25, 2013 11:54 AM

Feb 2012

An announcement has been made on the Japanese television show "Sakiyomi Jan BANG," that "Naruto" is in its final phase of Masashi Kishimoto's storyline. It was announced back in July 2012 that the story was approaching its climax.

Below is the statement given by Kishismoto during the show:

"The battle of Naruto and his comrades is in its final phase, in the truest sense of the term. About the Ten Tails, about Madara, and then, about Sasuke... I will continue to raise the tension without restraint, in every way I can! Please follow this story of a boy named Naruto a little while longer, I will greatly appreciate it."

Source: Saiyan Island, Kishismoto's statement

Story by link9us
myanimelistllcMar 10, 2016 6:08 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2009
BELIEVE IT !!!
Nov 25, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2009
Naruto will end soon... again... after several times this announcement loses its charm. He should just hurry up and stop with this horribly written war arc full of repitition already.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 25, 2013 11:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
about time
Nov 25, 2013 12:00 PM

Jul 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Naruto will end soon... again... after several times this announcement loses its charm. He should just hurry up and stop with this horribly written war arc full of repitition already.
I can sense a war a mile away.
Nov 25, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2011
How long has he been saying this? Because it's about damn time for it to end for real...

Oct 2010
He know's people are sick from drinking so much of his plot milk.

Apr 2009
ihateeveryone said:
Nidhoeggr said:
I can sense a war a mile away.

Is it a war with dozens of chapters that repeat the same tired message that Kishi's writing contradicts at the same time? If so, then please spare me.
Nov 25, 2013 12:03 PM
Sep 2013
this naruto manga arc has been a pile of shit. (well it wasn't so good to start with)

they've been doing the exact same fucking thing for like 30-40 chapters and its only just started to near the end. i mean, every single chapter was like "throw random jutsu at 10 tails/obito, it doesnt work" on to next chapter. and repeat this like 10 million times!
The end is nigh

Nov 2008
I can still imagine what Kishimoto would say :"Naruto will end next week... only to start again the week after that." xD
Feb 2012
Nobody believes that story anymore, Kishi. Go back to drawing Sasuke and yourself.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 25, 2013 12:07 PM
Mar 2013
I don't mind if it ends, I just hope they take care of all the loose ends like where the hell Yamato is, etc.
Nov 25, 2013 12:09 PM

Feb 2011
Well about time, I agree with the rest that the war arc has been a giant feast of boredom, I'd go as far as to say some anime filler arcs were better.
I guess I'll put the anime on-hold now and marathon it when it ends.
Nov 25, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
... 2 years later and we'll be getting another war arc I guess.
Nov 25, 2013 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
It's definitely getting into the final phase. But I could see it lasting a whole other year at least. I don't think (hopefully) that Madara will go down so easily. And I wonder what is going to happen with Sasuke. There is still quite a bit left.
removed-userNov 25, 2013 11:44 PM
Nov 25, 2013 12:26 PM

Jul 2007
StormSky92 said:
It's definitely getting into the final phase. But I could see it lasting a whole other year at least. I don't think hope that Madara will go down so easily. And I wonder what is going to happen with Sasuke. There is still quite a bit left.

I sure hope your right, the only way this manga can truly redeem it self with a satisfying ending and i said this countless times before is if kishimoto focuses on the internal struggles between the 3 mains and orochomaru.These are the "original" characters (main protagonists, and main antagonist) and their story and conflicts have yet to be resolved. I think this has been one of the major driving points since the begging of the story and i do hope for a resolution.

This whole war fest of obito and the 10 tails and now madara, its great and all to see the legendary shinobi fighting but its just is not going to end so well if that is truly the ending of the story. Every one just gathering up their forces fighting a final battle, kind of cliche if you ask me.
ArtimesGamerNov 25, 2013 12:30 PM

Nov 25, 2013 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
I'll pardon him for the boring battle of Tobi if he make the battle with Madara as good as posible.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 25, 2013 12:29 PM

Dec 2010
Amen, Hallelujah, and peanut butter.
Nov 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
What does final phase even mean? Could it be a couple of chapters, volumes or what?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 25, 2013 12:34 PM

Nov 2012
Now that he mentioned it, I think it's about damn time he wraps it up for good.....But seeing as the other posts above me indicates that he said this quite a few times in the past, I suppose he has to make his declaration true asap and not disappoint his avid readers further. Making a new story after this arc would seems rather anticlimatic.
SeaJaegerNov 25, 2013 12:41 PM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 25, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2011
Other 2 war arcs and it will finish...
Nov 25, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
good good!
Nov 25, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
Well, one annoying habit of mine less. I need to remember to never start reading rubbish like Naruto or Bleach out of habit again...

Wait, Yamato? Wow, I even forgot there's a character like this...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 25, 2013 12:38 PM

Feb 2008
Incredibly vague. The only information we have is "it's close to the ending", and with 650 chapters that could still mean 100-200 more.
Nov 25, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 2012
*Seven Years Later* Hey guys, Naruto's gonna end soon!
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Nov 25, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Final phase = 10 more volumes
Nov 25, 2013 1:08 PM

Nov 2012
Jaeger07 said:
Now that he mentioned it, I think it's about damn time he wraps it up for good.....But seeing as the other posts above me indicates that he said this quite a few times in the past, I suppose he has to make his declaration true asap and not disappoint his avid readers further. Making a new story after this arc would seems rather anticlimatic.
He's only mentioned that it is approaching the final climax not that it was already on the final climax.
Nov 25, 2013 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
I think he already said that in 2008.
Nov 25, 2013 1:21 PM

May 2011
Yeah okay. I'll believe it when I see it.
Nov 25, 2013 1:21 PM

Jun 2008
I've got a sense of Deja Vu. Just end it for gods sake! How many times will he announce the same thing? Just like Tite Kubo, fucking lame!
Nov 25, 2013 1:22 PM

Dec 2009
Doubt it.
He's said this tons of times already.
Nov 25, 2013 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
If this ends HxH will take it's place so I'm kinda glad. Naruto got a kinda boring anyway.
Nov 25, 2013 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
Dizzee said:
I've got a sense of Deja Vu. Just end it for gods sake! How many times will he announce the same thing? Just like Tite Kubo, fucking lame!
Nah, Kubo outright stated about two years ago (or maybe three? I lost the count, I haven't been reading big 3 for months) that manga is reaching its middle point and will last ten more years. And then his anime got cancelled. Kubo got Kubo'd. Unfortunately Kishimoto didn't.
Nov 25, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2010
Haven't we known this for months? :P

I love Naruto, so I hope the ending is good.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 25, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
jayvon said:
If this ends HxH will take it's place so I'm kinda glad. Naruto got a kinda boring anyway.
When naruto ends HxH wont be taking its place in the supposed big 3, fairy tail will due to its insane popularity amongst casual anime fans in the west

Progeusz said:
Dizzee said:
Nah, Kubo outright stated about two years ago (or maybe three? I lost the count, I haven't been reading big 3 for months) that manga is reaching its middle point and will last ten more years. And then his anime got cancelled. Kubo got Kubo'd. Unfortunately Kishimoto didn't.

hiatus = cancelled

Yep that makes sense, it took a break to get more chapters, as much as we would like to see bleach fail, its anime ending was not one of them, its building a excess of chapter since it had only single digits worth of chapters left when it ended and will start up again later

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2013 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
Raikenzera said:
*Seven Years Later* Hey guys, Naruto's gonna end soon!

http://www.sanctuarymedia.com/edtechexpert/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/but-wait-theres-more.jpg
Nov 25, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
Progeusz said:
Dizzee said:

Maybe Mashima will join them as well. I sincerely hope so, at least.

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:
When naruto ends HxH wont be taking its place in the supposed big 3, fairy tail will due to its insane popularity amongst casual anime fans in the west
Nope, they won't. You don't realize what Big3 is. It's reserved for Weekly SHounen Jump titles, so HxH and FT don't qualify. Hell, I'm not sure if Bleach was ever anywhere near HxH's manga sales but it was still part of Big3.

Aug 2011
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:

I hope you're shitting me, the only reason why FT is popular is because of it's stupid fan-service shit.

@Topic, I don't Kishi will end Naruto anytime soon, I mean, everybody is waiting for Naruto vs Sasuke battle, including me. Funny thing that everyone is waiting for it's end while One Piece is shitter than it.
-ZeaosNov 25, 2013 1:33 PM
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
Nov 25, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2011
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:
Nope, they won't. You don't realize what Big3 is. It's reserved for Weekly SHounen Jump titles, so HxH and FT don't qualify. Hell, I'm not sure if Bleach was ever anywhere near HxH's manga sales but it was still part of Big3.
I....what? the big 3 just referred to naruto bleach and one piece's popularity IN THE WEST

there is no big 3 in japan, there's just one piece then everything else and manga sales over there mean nothing to the west like our sales mean nothing to the west, If they did Sazae-san would be the reigning king of anime above all the big 3 combined

Popularity wise hunter x hunter is respected but not popular in the west, it has a die hard fanbase but you have to be downright insane to think its anywhere above bleach's popularity over in the western casual anime watcher's mind,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2013 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
The sad part is even if it does end soon It's gonna be milked to death for years, just look at DBZ now, a bunch of games and even a new movie.

Nov 2010
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:
I thought HxH was in Weekly Shounen Jump. Anyways the name was made for those three anime(and we know it's not based on total popularity or sales) so there technically can't be any anime added to it.

Sep 2011
Dizzee said:
The sad part is even if it does end soon It's gonna be milked to death for years, just look at DBZ now, a bunch of games and even a new movie.
Well the naruto games actually arent that bad

IntroverTurtle said:
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:
I thought HxH was in Weekly Shounen Jump. Anyways the name was made for those three anime(and we know it's not based on total popularity or sales) so there technically can't be any anime added to it.
true, technically it'd just become the big two

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
Progeusz said:
Dizzee said:

Maybe Mashima will join them as well. I sincerely hope so, at least.
I don't Fairy Tail is fine but you have to learn how to read it. Before treting it as stupid nakama power shounen crap with ecchi you have to take proper attitude but it's worth it. It took me quite a lot of time, I can't count how many times I were asking myself why am I still bothering with this stupid manga but there came a point where I reached enlightenment. I realized mashima is simply having fun with his manga. He perfectly knows about all the asspulls and ridiculous stuff. He puts that in because it's cool/pretty/whatever.
For a weekly shounen his art is great, he's drawing by far the best females out of all long-ass battle shounens, his humor is pretty nice, fights are fun to read when you stop looking for flaws and bitching about random power ups and no one dying.

So yeah. Just have fun. That's how FT rose from absolute bottom to pure enjoyment in my book.
Nov 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Aug 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:
I....what? the big 3 just referred to naruto bleach and one piece's popularity IN THE WEST

there is no big 3 in japan, there's just one piece then everything else and manga sales over there mean nothing to the west like our sales mean nothing to the west, If they did Sazae-san would be the reigning king of anime above all the big 3 combined

Popularity wise hunter x hunter is respected but not popular in the west, it has a die hard fanbase but you have to be downright insane to think its anywhere above bleach's popularity over in the western casual anime watcher's mind,

Aren't the most popluar animes in the west, Sailor Moon, AOT and Bleach? -as far as I remember-
Nov 25, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:

I think you should look again at all the WSJ's efforts to replace Bleach with Toriko after Kubo's manga started losing popularity.

Stop for a moment and think straight a little bit, Sazae-san is completely different type of series. Big3 is about battle shounens.

-Zeaos said:
Aren't the most popluar animes in the west, Sailor Moon, AOT and Bleach? -as far as I remember-
I'd say it's Pokémon, Dragon Ball and Naruto.
Also, plural form of anime is anime, not animes. Same with manga.
Nov 25, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
Ah well said, lol, as for Naruto I don't think so, anyway, for me best Anime currently are HxH Magi and AOT, nothing can get close to them.

Progeusz said:

-Zeaos said:
I'd say it's Pokémon, Dragon Ball and Naruto.
Also, plural form of anime is anime, not animes. Same with manga.

Thanks for the info.
Nov 25, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
-Zeaos said:
JizzyHitler said:
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:

No, sailor moon especially is a no

if by aot you mean shingeki no kyojin, yah thats popular over here, but since its over thats going to die quickly, the reason the big 3 are referred to as the big 3 ar because they all had successful broadcasts here and are long enough it takes over a decade to air the series so the content never stops.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 25, 2013 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Well, hopefully the fillers will also end.

Nov 25, 2013 1:45 PM

Aug 2011
JizzyHitler said:
-Zeaos said:
JizzyHitler said:
Progeusz said:
JizzyHitler said:
jayvon said:

No, sailor moon especially is a no

if by aot you mean shingeki no kyojin, yah thats popular over here, but since its over thats going to die quickly, the reason the big 3 are referred to as the big 3 ar because they all had successful broadcasts here and are long enough it takes over a decade to air the series so the content never stops.

Well you should see here, no one knows what Anime is. LOL
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
4 hours ago

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

3 by Yudesei »»
5 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
8 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

27 by MadanielFL »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.