Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2013 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
Some moments:
-Koto dodging being grabbed... looked like she was getting tickled instead.
-The whole bird chase... was awesome!
Oct 27, 2013 6:59 PM

May 2013
Ah, I want an anime about the scientist girl and her team alone, they are just soo awesome! :D
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 27, 2013 9:20 PM

Jul 2010
This is the gem of the season, like Uchouten Kazoku was in the previous season.

With this said, I liked Kurama's backstory, I found it pretty sad and that's why I'm expecting a kind of sad-dramatic ending for this show.

Oh also, I found it pretty hilarious, precisely when Myoue's house got blown off.

Next episode incentrated on the blond-bitchy. Looking forward to it.
Oct 27, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
Don't make Yase mad :p

The men in white are hilarious idiots :D

Shouko is crazy.

I'm guessing the monk's plan is to use his big robot with the tech of the RAW to break free of the mirror capital.
Oct 28, 2013 10:13 AM
Jan 2010
Tyrel said:
I'm so confused. What is even going on in the series. So many flash backs that I can't even tell what's happening.

show has been extremely simple so far.
don't watch lain.
Oct 29, 2013 4:00 PM
Jul 2013
Shoko is the new Il Padrino.
Oct 30, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2012
Nice episode.

Oct 30, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2012
Saitoh Chiwa's character (the scientist girl) is pretty interesting.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 1, 2013 5:44 AM

May 2012
17:30 LOOOL

18:34 OHOHOHO

Good. 8/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Nov 23, 2013 11:27 PM
Mar 2009
So we're getting episodes dedicated to each sibling? Cool.

Huh, I'm confused on Kurama's dream. He wanted to go to Mirror Kyoto, he got it. Then he wants to go outside...but didn't they all come from "outside"? That was kind of confusing.

Shouko and Fushimi are from Shrine? So, how did they end up here and why are they still here? Also wonder what Bishimaru does.

Still an enjoyable series though.
Nov 24, 2013 6:47 AM

Jun 2012
ChronosXIII said:
So we're getting episodes dedicated to each sibling? Cool.

Huh, I'm confused on Kurama's dream. He wanted to go to Mirror Kyoto, he got it. Then he wants to go outside...but didn't they all come from "outside"? That was kind of confusing..

Still an enjoyable series though.

He wants to go to the REAL Kyoto, not the Mirror Capital. Before they went inside the Mirror Capital Inari drew, Kurama was stuck at home and now he's a forced guardian of sorts for the fake Kyoto which is why he's so desperate to leave for the outside world that wasn't his old home
HybridMBLNov 24, 2013 6:50 AM
Dec 28, 2013 8:24 PM
Aug 2011
Wow Kurama was kind of cute as a child when he was smiling.
A side of him I did not expect, there is more than meets the eye to each character here and that's just great.
Jan 15, 2014 3:01 AM
Aug 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Present time. Main girl meeting the eldest. So... the youngest is different from the older two? No wonder these two looked different in their adult form.

lol @ that CM. Oh, that remote controler ep. from the OVA, but in that lab lady's point of view.

You "just" understood that the youngest was different than the others?
Jan 16, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2012
Another pretty decent episode, some parts especially that near ending one seems to be a remake of one of the ova's but well it did fit in this story this time :p

Well let's see what's next!
Jun 22, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
I'm starting to enjoy this series so far! Love how there's some good developing character developments, and of course the characters are soo interesting. I'm starting to like Shouko and Koto.
Jun 23, 2014 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
Nice episode, the plot is revealed again a mix of past and present, with an interlude comic on a subject of Kurama, OK!
Apparently confusing narrative, but not really.
Sound very nice, designs can like it or not, is the taste of the viewer
I do not express any judgment for now.
Jan 8, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
They used more footage from the ONA's. I don't mind it too much. Nice episode.
Jan 26, 2015 11:32 PM

Jun 2014
I love the men in white and those crazy voices they have. It kinda sad to see the three siblings are all still struggling with abandonment issues, even centuries later. Despite being hundreds of years old now, they just miss their parents and want to go home.

I a bit scared of Yase though... shes a damn beast.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 29, 2017 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
I feel like I understand Kurama a little better now, why he longs for the other side so bad. I'm still not sure if he created Shouko and Fushimi or just recruited them. Fushimi did say he was recruited against his will, whatever that means.

There were some sequences that straight up reminded me of Kill la Kill (especially the pasta scene). The two shows even aired in the same season, though I know there doesn't have to be any connection. This director just similarly happens to be good at using limited animation to its best effect.

These must have been some really fun sessions for Saito Chiwa.
Nov 29, 2017 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
At first I felt sad for Kurama, but now he seems pretty creepy. I can understand his obsession to leave this world, but damn, I hope he won't become our main "villain". Especially now that we know that Shouko and the other guy are probably from the Shrine.
Koto really shouldn't have left her weapon with them. I do wonder what its made of and what its purpose will be.
Jul 17, 2019 3:55 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty sure Kurama and Fushimi’s plan involves that mecha fight from Episode 0. While I do think it’s a little shady, I can’t really blame him seeing as to how he just wants his parents to come back already.

Speaking of which, this whole idea of waiting for one’s parents to come back reminds me of having parents serving overseas, I feel for them.

Yase’s up next huh? Kurama’s story was great but I’m especially looking forward to Yase’s episode.
Nov 29, 2020 2:11 PM

Aug 2017
Yase's pink bunny is the same (?) as the one in Koto's house, hmm.

Apparently the scroll says that Myoue got angry at Kurama, can't even imagine that tbh.

The way Myoue and Koto left their children is depicted a bit differently earlier. Or am I missing something?

Shouko (who's played by the seiyuu of Senjougahara!) has a PSP console lol. Four Devas were surely a popular trope, huh. And that "ohoho" x)
There were some sequences that straight up reminded me of Kill la Kill (especially the pasta scene). The two shows even aired in the same season, though I know there doesn't have to be any connection. This director just similarly happens to be good at using limited animation to its best effect.

Exactly my thoughts.

Noticed a Sazae-san-like character in the background during Shouko's flashback.

What was that strange rotating thing next to Shouko while she was sitting on a roof? And all those things floating in the air.

I find it funny how Kurama is technically the oldest brother yet Yakushimaru was the first to be "born". Magical paintings can do amazing things! By the way, previews apparently feature scenes absent from the episodes themselves.

It's heavily implied this episode that Shouko and Fushimi are from the Shrine organization Koto is a part of.

And that just brings a whole load of questions.

Also, http://i.imgur.com/n754vHn.jpg

Another good parallel.

P.S. This episode's director also worked with Kenji Nakamura on Tsuritama and Kuuchuu Buranko, cool.
P.P.S. Fushimi's phone app can "select" Shouko's glasses, controller, and...Shouko herself?! There're functions like "eat", "sleep", "get mad", etc. Is this a joke or is Shouko not human damn.
St0rmbladeDec 16, 2020 4:40 PM
Apr 1, 2021 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
StardustReverie said:
Tyrel said:
I'm so confused. What is even going on in the series. So many flash backs that I can't even tell what's happening.

show has been extremely simple so far.
don't watch lain.

Has been a mess but is starting to form a storyline now at this point.
Jun 22, 2021 7:01 AM

May 2020
This latter half of this episode is ripped straight from the second episode of the 2012 ONA's.

The first half is the real meat of the story. Kuruma barely got any attention in the ONA's so its nice to see him thoroughly fleshed out.
Mar 6, 2022 12:47 AM

Aug 2020
I must admit that most of that went over my head. Ah well, it was still entertaining.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Dec 10, 2022 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
Something about siblings and something about not being able to fulfill your dream but overcompensating in other things.
Apr 17, 7:10 AM

May 2020
Back to the story i guess. Still not find interesting part just follow the story. Hope next episode is better.
May 17, 6:42 PM

Nov 2022
Great stuff! Loving this!
Koto is their sibling prolly. Lmao Shouko is really cute!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» For those wondering if you should watch the previous ONAs and their relation to this.

thewiru - Sep 21

0 by thewiru »»
Sep 21, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

81 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 14, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

74 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 14, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

138 by basskiller »»
Jun 15, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.