Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 30, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2012
Amazing episode it was great to see that wacky detective and pink haired girl again :p also funny the search for her mother... the scene in the airport was just amazing, although that epilogue was rather strange what's up with Suou being dead and her mother mistaking her for Shion?

Good episode though lets hope there's an explanation to that epilogue next!
Jun 10, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
its strange to see even her mother think she is Shion while I know all think that at the beginning I think it has to to do with the necklace that does that and what's up with her being dead for 8 years already can't wait for the next episode.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jul 9, 2013 11:18 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Finally he shaved and got a haircut ;_; I missed his non=hobo look from first season. And aww, Misaki does miss Hei. I like how she shouted, "Li-kun!"

I was not expecting the mother to call Suou "Shion" o_o uhh awkward.
Aug 4, 2013 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
What.

And yesss Hei is back to his old look! (finally)
Oct 4, 2013 3:08 AM

Jan 2013
Omg that ending after the ED...
Nov 22, 2013 3:34 AM
May 2013
ao_no_exo said:
Omg that ending after the ED...
I'm confused.
OriginANIME said:
And yesss Hei is back to his old look! (finally)

CC is back *ugh* I mean Amber.
Jan 25, 2014 2:14 AM

Jul 2013
HEI IS BACK and owning contractors even though he's lost his powers. This is the first episode this season where things are actually interesting and good. It was a long wait for the good old Darker than Black but it was worth it!

Way to go lady, forgetting your own daughter's name.

Also, there were hover cars in the ep! Is this the first time they're popping up? It was the first time I've noticed them.
JonathanDC said:
Also, clarification required: Isn't Izanami/Izanagi a japanese myth involving two relatives or something, and the male, (Izanagi I want to say) went into the underworld to rescue his sister Izanami? Did they refer to Shion as Izanagi and Yin is Izanami... so... I'm confused. Odds are I'm misunderstanding and am applying the names to the wrong people or remembered the myth wrong. If possible, could someone enlighten me?
I'm not very sure either but I think they were lovers or husband and wife. I think they're part of a creation myth and one is like a death god and the other the giver of life
anime-catJan 25, 2014 2:24 AM
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Jan 25, 2014 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
that very short scene where Hei and Misaki caught the glimpse of each other.. man I treasured that moment..

nice action there Hei.. I missed that

whats the deal with Suou being dead 8 years ago?? interesting
Mar 20, 2014 8:56 PM

Nov 2013
bless this episode

i've missed you hei <3
May 21, 2014 7:55 PM
Oct 2013
Did anyone else catch the wonderful irony in the rant at the beginning of this episode? I was cracking up so hard! I mean, it applied more to the little detective arcs in the first season but still! Actually, this whole episode was pretty much a reversion to the 1st season, which is a good thing because in all honesty the 1st season was better. Hei looks like Hei again, Amber is back, the great detective Guy is back, and Misaki and "Lee" get another moment! Yay for rewinds! However, also back is the plot twists that never quite get explained well so you just end up going "whhaaatttt?"
Jul 7, 2014 5:43 AM

Oct 2013
best episode so far imo
Hei is back to his old self (well w/o his powers)
Major plot twist either the mother didn't know she was alive or she was dead and is now alive wth is going on!!!!! dam that cliffhanger was good
[/quote]
Sep 16, 2014 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Thats right, powers? fuck that, I'm Hei.
Nov 9, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2013
LOL. So so much happened, and everyone talking about Hei's haircut.
SERIOUSLY?!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 16, 2015 10:48 AM

May 2015
NORMAL HEI IS BACK
PLOT TWIST ENDING

WHAT ELSE COULD I ASK FOR???
Aug 13, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2014
Freaking lost it when Gai was wondering why Mao was giving him the stinkeye, and Kiko commented that he probably did something bad to him in a past life. I don't know why I found that funny but I did.

All funny business aside I'm going to guess that Madam may actually be Amber. I don't know how, but it makes sense to me.

*insert obligatory "Old Hei is back, OMG!" comment here*
Nov 17, 2015 8:20 AM

Jan 2012
he is still strong,finally she meet her mom.

Dec 1, 2015 11:27 PM
May 2012
Amber <3
Okay...what is happening?? Maybe her mother's memory was altered??
Li-kun is back!!

francismeunier said:
I forgot to mention my two problems in this episode first is.....what in the world is this for and has to do with this show...even Wasabi...a person who I know will agree this is retarded:
I am also getting frustrated at what in the world is that flying/hover car for and it seen twice including this time.....

Same here. Cool for noticing that.
Dec 7, 2015 4:14 AM
Dec 2011
yes the detectives are back i love them... and the look july gave to kiko in the train is awesome i think july likes suo! anyway i love seeing poor july in cosplay it was epic....
oh....my.....god...>_< !!!! hei is back oh... i was biting my nails to finally have the hole face of hei to be seen and there it was fresh and more mature oh....! i love you hei!! yin is a lucky girl!

suo died?? what?? that was so shocking i felt so empty inside my brain going huh???poor suo ,this kid cant catch a break all these things happen around her that she doesn't understand !

seriously i hope hei and yin get together i really do. yin love hei so much and hei is the same hope everything works out !

but why yin ? how did yin got a dangerous power "enabling her to kill contractors" ???? :3 i love when hei kick ass especially mina i dont like her attitude also i felt so sad for mina tooo about her past but felt good when hei kicked her! :3
Mar 6, 2016 9:11 AM

Aug 2014
Suou's suppose to be dead? o_0

Some Amber tidbit? Check
Characters from season 1 making an appearance? Check
Hei's back? Double Fucking Check

Definitely my favorite episode so far.
Apr 9, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode Hei's fight was incredible and now he has his old style
And that final was like.. wait, what?
Jun 1, 2016 3:19 AM

Jul 2008
Hello Amber, time travel is fun.

And wait Suou is dead?
Jul 8, 2016 3:01 PM

Nov 2015

Episode highlights:
  • Hei is back!! :D
  • Happy rencounter of Suou with her mother...

WHAT!? What was that post credits scene!? Oh wow! Nice plot twist! my eyes are wet and everything from the twist! nice!
Jul 19, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2010
Yay, Hei went bishie route, finally! Too bad we barely see him lately >_>

Dat last scene though, things don't look so good for Suo O_O
Dec 2, 2017 9:53 AM
Apr 2014
OMG YES!!!!!! Hei finally went back to his old look. Just took him 9 episodes... And finally he's got his clothes back. I was scared he'd eat a bullet without that coat but I suppose he fast enough to dodge these anyway if we go by the first season.

That aside did they really have to get that detective involved again... Like there wouldn't have been better ways for the writers to progress the story >.>

oh even better. Apparently Hei even got his fighting skills back. So far it has been rather disappointing after he lost his abilities. Not this time though.
NanashiDec 2, 2017 10:05 AM
Jan 2, 2021 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
That plot twist with Suou was so fucking cheesy at the end lmao. At least Hei looks like season 1 Hei again and while powerless still looks dope while in combat mode... I guess. After 1 good episode at the start, this show's really becoming a shitshow and is imploding a bit with not resolving the interesting ideas and potential it could have had at the start and just forcing stupid twists and overstuffing ideas down our throats with what's happening. The world building and storyline in general's a real failure and it's crashing down now.
Jan 4, 2021 9:40 PM
Apr 2016
Finally old Hei is back! I swear Suou is gonna lose her shit once she sees him this way.
Apr 11, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2020
Yay, S1 Chad Hei is back.

I'll admit the detective and his assistant aren't my favourite characters but they do occasionally have their moments.

Also, can we get an F in the chat for Suou. First her mom calls her Shion and then tells she's been dead for 8 years. Poor girl.
Jul 11, 2021 4:33 AM

Jan 2020
Hei has woken up from his hobo state....that's fine and all but he's not completely returned without his mask....
Jul 11, 2021 4:34 AM

Jan 2020
That guy Misaki is working with somehow looks familiar with Emiya Kiritsugu...
Sep 1, 2021 2:03 PM

Mar 2019
WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? Did you just put the most plot twist moment of this season at the end after the ending song?? Well, it's to be expected since every episode has this after-credits scene but still. OMG IS THIS
WHAT IS HAPPENING! But I gotta say, I loved Hei again, finally we got the old and best hei back!! Now if only he had his powers back.
Alex_TheForestSep 1, 2021 2:06 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Dec 7, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2018
Finally a good episode, been a while since weve had one of those...

Suou is supposed to be dead? Maybe she is alive the same way her dad somehow is still alive.... maybe its one of shion's powers?

Mar 3, 2023 9:48 PM

Dec 2022
Hei is still very competent even with no powers. Skills pay the bills.
Gai and Kiko are back too. Sure they aren't really important to the narrative, but they do make for some nice moments. One of the few interactions Suou has had with people who aren't involved in some deep plot or agenda.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 30, 2023 11:38 PM
Jul 2021
Moronic inch by moronic inch this clusterduck of a show crawls closer and closer to to the finish line. 

Another idiotic episode, brainstorm during an office meeting to try to save this abortion of a show: Someone with the mental power of a lemming. "I have an idea!" Why not bring back the two worst characters/arc of the first season? You know boss who I'm talking about, said the lemming intern, the detective dude and that imbecile chick with the Pink bubble gum hair.

But this time let's ramp them up by 1000% Especially the Pink hair chick.

A deep and long pause by the boss: Subarashi! Everyone in the meeting, burst out clapping like trained seals or something.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Darker Than Black Season 3? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ownsin - Dec 6, 2009

209 by poging179 »»
Aug 15, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Dec 24, 2009

673 by ChyllyWylly »»
Jul 20, 9:40 AM

» Is Season 2 worth watching?

Valantic - Sep 17, 2015

12 by Luciunsama »»
Jun 17, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Status poll about Darker than BLACK Second Season Episode 12

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Ecarteo »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Oct 29, 2009

270 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.