Forum Settings
Forums

Yuri Manga 'Sakura Trick' to get TV Anime Adaptation (Confirmed to Air Winter 2014)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2013 12:31 PM
Jul 2008
Yuri 4koma? I could definitely enjoy this, let's see what it has to offer.
Sadly, since it's only been announced, it'll probably be a long time before I see it hit the TV screen.

symbv said:
One of the many kiss scenes from the manga. I hope they animate them all ^_^;;

That is WAY too cute. Probably won't hold all that cuteness in anime form, but still, I can hear the "HNNNGGG"ing already.
Jun 13, 2013 12:33 PM

Nov 2012
Going to add this to my PTW
Will be my first yuri anime, haven't read any yuri at all either.
Jun 13, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2011
Oh I forgot about this. I might watch it for some fun. There's also a manga of this which I might read depending on how the anime goes..
Jun 13, 2013 12:38 PM

Aug 2011
Yessss more yuri! The art looks really good too, really looking forward to this.

This, Akuma no Riddle, and then Love Stage! BL and yuri are on the rise, I hope we get more adaptations from here onwards (although I know that really depends on Japan).
Jun 13, 2013 1:13 PM
Feb 2012
synopsis said:
Yuu and Haruka were inseparable during junior high but a cruel twist of fate put them on opposite sides of the class when entering senior high. Forced to spend more time with their other classmates, they decide to do something to keep their relationship special.

I can totally relate to them. I, too, start homoerotic relationships with former classmates to keep things 'special'.
On a serious note, though, I'll certainly give it a try.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 13, 2013 1:14 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I'm so in, I've been waiting forever
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Jun 13, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2008
Will pass, yuri is not really my kind of anime.
Jun 13, 2013 1:22 PM

Jun 2011
Saw the words yuri, and my destiny to watch it has already been decided<3
Jun 13, 2013 1:37 PM

Nov 2008
jmal said:
Yuru Yuri has multiple characters who are canonically in love with other girls, desiring not just friendship but physical intimacy. What it lacks is canonically reciprocated relationships. So sure, it's not a serious yuri romance, but I try to cut it some slack because it's still better than what passes for yuri in most shows. Not sure it deserves to be demonized for not being full-on canonical reciprocal yuri. As a friend of mine said, while it makes fun of its characters it never makes fun of them for liking girls, and that's very important.

Namori has definite cred as a legit yuri mangaka, Yuru Yuri is just her lighter, more comedic take on it, as well as a more mainstream-palatable (otaku mainstream, not like society mainstream) take. So no it's not Girl Friends or Octave or Cirque Arachne or Sasameki Koto or Citrus or even Riko to Haru, but it is what they were able to get mainstream otaku to buy into. No it doesn't go as far as what I'd like to see animated, but it's a step in the right direction. Gateway drug, and all that. Except the drug is awesomeness.

I feel like we're getting Sakura Trick now in large part because of a show like Yuru Yuri. I don't know if Sakura Trick will be successful, or if it'll be good (again, only read one manga chapter), or if the studio behind it will even put enough effort into it or whether it'll get full episodes. But I'm so glad it's being made and think Yuru Yuri could only have helped us get here.

Now you people who are excited about more yuri need to actually support it with imports, at least of the manga if you can't afford the BDs, if you enjoy this show. Because that's the only way we can tell anime investors/distributors that we are a viable audience, and we support what we like, and we want more.

If you don't do that, expect to enter another canon yuri dark age like we had post-AoiHana/Sasameki.

I hope there's some merchandise then, merchandise from yuri anime is scant and the reason Yuru Yuri got some is because of moe, so hopefully the designs end as cute, so I can at least get a few Nendoroids.

Jun 13, 2013 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
Yuri anime... it's been a while since I watched one, guess I'll watch it.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 13, 2013 1:52 PM
Dec 2011
We need moar Yuri anime !
Jun 13, 2013 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
Yay! I can't wait. There is not enough yuri in the world.
Jun 13, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2010
Why they adapt such less known manga is a question to me (or is it well-known in Japan?), but people: YURI-ANIME TIME HAS COME.
Jun 13, 2013 2:46 PM

Aug 2010
Vanisher said:
A real yuri anime? (unlike yuru yuri)

That's what I was thinking.
I can't wait for some actual Yuri. It's been awhile.
Jun 13, 2013 2:57 PM
Jul 2007
This is one of the few actually yuri manga getting an anime with Akuma no Riddle since nearly 4 years since we have a canon yuri anime
Something life is very overrate
Jun 13, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2009
4-koma, huh.

Who wanna bet whether it would be 2-min, 3-min or whole 5-min?
Jun 13, 2013 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
Nanaca said:
4-koma, huh.

Who wanna bet whether it would be 2-min, 3-min or whole 5-min?
Yuyushiki right now from same publishing company: 4-koma manga, 24 minute anime episodes. So hopefully we get the same though with only 2 volumes done compared to 5 for Yuyushiki the latter did have a lot more material to draw on.
Jun 13, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2010
Great. More pandering to me is never enough.
Jun 13, 2013 4:18 PM

Mar 2010
Finally some real canon yuri. Although I kind of like some non-canon like Strike Witches and Vividred Operation, it's almost no kissing or much intimacy at all so it is good to see something with actual yuri content.
Jun 13, 2013 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
Yuri anime is enough to override my fear of 4koma adaptations. Definite ptw.
Jun 13, 2013 4:35 PM

Dec 2008
How I've missed actual yuri. My goggles have begun to exhaust me.
Jun 13, 2013 4:49 PM

Jun 2008
Akuma no Riddle, now this? Thank you, Japan.

Just don't let us down!
Jun 13, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
i just woke up and saw this news.

i am overjoyed. a real yuri show.

i don't mind if this becomes a 2-5min show. still yuri. but of course it would be better if this becomes a 20min one.
Jun 13, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like YuruYuri with a serious char design
Jun 13, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
Another Yuri anime
Not interested
Jun 13, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
Will watch for the plot

Jun 13, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
nice, more yuri!
Jun 13, 2013 7:21 PM

Mar 2009
Looks like it will be a cute show, gonna ptw it. Makes me happy to see shows like this seem to be on the rise. Always nice to have canon yuri.
Jun 13, 2013 7:22 PM
Jan 2012
Keep the yuri coming plz.
Jun 13, 2013 7:25 PM

Sep 2012
A Yuri adaption where the relationship is already established. Finally!
Jun 13, 2013 7:40 PM
Feb 2012
Looking forward for this, hopefully it does the justice Strawberry Panic did!
Jun 13, 2013 7:42 PM

Nov 2011
angelronin said:
This is one of the few actually yuri manga getting an anime with Akuma no Riddle since nearly 4 years since we have a canon yuri anime

The first yuri romance in 4 years? yes.
Canon yuri anime? We had one last summer.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 13, 2013 7:44 PM
Dec 2012
I'm willing to give it a try :P
Jun 13, 2013 8:53 PM

Mar 2012
rederoin said:
angelronin said:
Wait what.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 13, 2013 9:07 PM

Jun 2011
I am hoping for some romance, not just cute girls do cute things with crushes and stuff
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 13, 2013 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
jmal said:
Araby said:
rederoin said:
angelronin said:
Wait what.

Has to be referring to Yuru Yuri. Which does have canon lesbians, but not canon relationships.

There's also Margot and Gacchan from Horizon (season two aired last summer) but while they're a canon couple it's obviously not "a yuri anime" primarily. Of course, canonical, open, loving relationships that can exist alongside all sorts of others and not be used as a joke and don't need to be the focus of the story are also a really great thing and I commend Horizon for it.

Psycho-Pass also had girlfriends in it though yeah the focus was very much not on them being lesbians or them in general.

(There was actually some visual conformation of an established relationship however, and they were nice characters. It was nice.)
StreetFighterJun 13, 2013 9:46 PM
Jun 13, 2013 9:41 PM

Sep 2012
Ovindel said:
Why they adapt such less known manga is a question to me (or is it well-known in Japan?),
There is always one anime or so each season coming out from adaptation of manga from the Houbunsha publishing empire, which specialized in 4-koma manga. And over the years it managed to raise the awareness of many of its promising manga and boost its sales and brand recognition with this kind of anime adaptation. The most famous one is of course K-On! but we have seen it in every season, from A-Channel to Hidamari Sketch to Kill Me Baby to Acchi Kocchi etc This season we have Yuyushiki and the coming season we have Kiniro Mosaic.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 13, 2013 9:59 PM

Mar 2012
jmal said:
Araby said:
rederoin said:
angelronin said:
Wait what.

Has to be referring to Yuru Yuri. Which does have canon lesbians, but not canon relationships.
Just because something has lesbian characters doesn't make it yuri, does it?
LoneWolf said:
Jun 13, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
Araby said:
jmal said:
Then it's not yuri, right?
It is still yuri. Yuri does not need full-blown yuri romance relationship, just the subtext can be sufficient. And in Yuru Yuri it goes beyond just subtext. Note that what angelronin said is "canon yuri anime" not "yuri anime".

Araby said:
But Yuru Yuri is not "just something with lesbian characters". Also while it depends on how much of lesbianism is given coverage in the anime, having lesbian characters indeed makes it likelier for fans to categorize it as a yuri anime.
symbvJun 13, 2013 10:05 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 13, 2013 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
It is still yuri. Yuri does not need full-blown yuri romance relationship, just the subtext can be sufficient. And in Yuru Yuri it goes beyond just subtext. Note that what angelronin said is "canon yuri anime" not "yuri anime".
But if it has romantic subtext, then it's also a romance. Let me rewind. By "wait what," I meant "how can there be a difference between a "yuri romance" and "yuri anime" if yuri is defined by the expression of romantic interest (however subtle it may be) and not simply the inclusion of characters who are lesbians?"
JoshJun 13, 2013 10:13 PM
LoneWolf said:
Jun 13, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
Great, awesome! Lately I've been suffering because there isn't much yuri anime :/

Jun 13, 2013 10:23 PM

Sep 2012
Araby said:
By "wait what," I meant "how can there be a difference between a "yuri romance" and "yuri anime" if yuri is defined by the expression of romantic interest (however subtle it may be) and not simply the inclusion of characters who are lesbians?"
I think what they are talking about for "yuri romance" is an open and established romantic relationship, which is also what jmal meant for "canon yuri", and in Yuru Yuri, as jmal said, there is no such relationship clearly shown (though I would take exception for Sakurako's elder sister but she is a fringe character anyway). The behavior that we yuri fans interpret as approaches of a yuri romance kind (like Chinatsu's) could be interpreted otherwise (e.g. worship or strong adoration etc), which is why it is not as clear if Yuru Yuri has "yuri romance" while it is widely accepted that it is a yuri anime.

Jun 13, 2013 10:29 PM

Jul 2011
i like the char designs. i'm in!
Jun 13, 2013 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Araby said:
By "wait what," I meant "how can there be a difference between a "yuri romance" and "yuri anime" if yuri is defined by the expression of romantic interest (however subtle it may be) and not simply the inclusion of characters who are lesbians?"
I think what they are talking about for "yuri romance" is an open and established romantic relationship, which is also what jmal meant for "canon yuri", and in Yuru Yuri, as jmal said, there is no such relationship clearly shown (though I would take exception for Sakurako's elder sister but she is a fringe character anyway). The behavior that we yuri fans interpret as approaches of a yuri romance kind (like Chinatsu's) could be interpreted otherwise (e.g. worship or strong adoration etc), which is why it is not as clear if Yuru Yuri has "yuri romance" while it is widely accepted that it is a yuri anime.
Ah, okay. I get that.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 14, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2012
I would've been excited for this if it wasn't another 4 koma adaptation.

However I'll just give it a go
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jun 14, 2013 1:26 AM
Nov 2012
Seems interesting. I'll read the manga first I think...
Jun 14, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2007
Yesss... more canon yuri anime :D

Wow, the character designs is pretty good here...
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Jun 14, 2013 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
Finally a pure yuri anime again!
After reading the first chapter of Sakura Trick I have mixed feelings about this.
I'm a little afraid that this won't be that successful, which leads to even less yuri anime in the future...
Ah well still this is great news so let's patiently wait how things will turn out.
Jun 14, 2013 4:22 AM

Mar 2009
Started reading the manga a little less than a week ago. Looking forward to seeing this animated.
Jun 14, 2013 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
Araby said:
jmal said:
Araby said:
rederoin said:
angelronin said:
Wait what.

If them being lesbians is important to the series, yes it does. They all have crushes on each other, and some of the side characters are in yuri relationships(Nadeshiko, Rise and the science teacher).
For it to be romance, it needs to have development, which yuru yuri lacks(look at sisterism for a 'eposidic' yuri comedy/SoL/romance manga that is not stuck in a time loop). But thats just my opinion on what a romance series should be.

Although its a lot less 'yuri' than all the other series published in yuri hime/other yuri manga/LN's/VN's
rederoinJun 14, 2013 7:21 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

24 by Playcool »»
55 minutes ago

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

6 by uutakuubi »»
3 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

28 by ryoko6 »»
4 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.