Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (32) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2012 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
Goryo said:
LoGH because animation.

I've been meaning to watch this show but I have trouble acclimating to old art.

On top of this, refined sound bites (let's not have Light Saber ingniting audio whenever the ships shoot their laser cannons).

Wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Elfen Lied. Dive a bit more into the whole risk of the Diclonius species exterminating and replacing the human race.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 3, 2012 8:18 PM

Oct 2008
Ao no Exorcist

Also i really want them to animate that last part of Slam Dunk remake or otherwise.
Dec 3, 2012 8:20 PM
Jun 2012
no_good_name said:
tripmode1992 said:
Angel Beats!
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

why? i felt that angel beasts was pretty much perfect.

explanation please

-Forced drama when there was hardly enough time to get "attached" to some of the characters (well, attached enough to give a rat's ass about them and their problems).
-Too many characters, too little character development
-botched ending

Doesn't even deserve to be re-made. It had potential and they should have got it right the first time.
Dec 3, 2012 8:20 PM

Nov 2012
Actually, none. That's right, I liked the original FMA better than Brotherhood and I honestly can't think of any anime that could be made significantly better with a remake.
Dec 3, 2012 8:23 PM

Nov 2008
Goryo said:
LoGH because animation.

If they could get it to look as good as the first movie, My Conquest Is the Sea of Stars, with the same aspect ratio, I'd be happy.

Dec 3, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
Z-flame said:
QuiGonJon said:
Eureka 7 AO
You can't remake shows that never happened.

I managed to enjoy it in all its flaws, dunno why. Possible because I never really compared it to Eureka 7 since I knew it would never stack up to it.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Would love to see a remake of Noir.
Dec 3, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2012
Uhh, Soul Eater and Pandora Hearts.
I wouldn't mind a Blue Exorcist remake either, cause then I'd get to watch it again (I thought it was very nice as it is, though).
Dec 3, 2012 9:13 PM

Dec 2009
h4x_the_zombie said:
I wouldn't mind a Blue Exorcist remake either, cause then I'd get to watch it again (I thought it was very nice as it is, though).
yay~ another Pandora Hearts fan! lol
Dec 3, 2012 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
Fate/Stay Night remade by Ufotable [/thread]
Dec 3, 2012 9:19 PM
Dec 2012
I have many but my most "want to remake" is Katekyo Hitman Reborn. (:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2012 9:24 PM

May 2012
TSUKIHIME
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 3, 2012 9:27 PM

Sep 2012
Tommk said:
TSUKIHIME

I think you're mistaking this name for something else, such an anime does not exist.
Dec 3, 2012 9:31 PM

Sep 2012
Ezekiel said:
Nausicaa. As a series of movies or OVAs covering the whole manga.

100x this

waalex11 said:
Like what they did to Kanon and Fullmetal Alchemist.

... Don't you hate it when an anime has a ending filler which makes it that they can't really continue the anime as a second season or else they're going to fuck it up with the ending filler of the first season that wasn't following the manga at all.

and when I say remake I don't mean a second season. I mean a complete remake of the anime that follows the manga perfectly or almost perfectly.

The animes that I would want (or wouldn't mind) to have a remake, mostly until the mangas are completed, are these ones;

5 Centimeters per Second

why? changing the ending would ruins the movies point, unless by completely remake you mean add the extra chapter and sidestory from the manga without touching anything else. in that case

1000x this
Dec 3, 2012 9:33 PM

Feb 2010
Umineko remake would be nice. I would rather have a second season though.
Dec 3, 2012 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
i want Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake
Dec 3, 2012 9:45 PM

Aug 2009
I would like to see a Rose of Versailles with the actual visual standards.
-Fixing-
Dec 3, 2012 9:47 PM

Mar 2009
Legend of Basara.
Dec 3, 2012 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
This,
SquadmemberRitsu said:
Fate/Stay Night remade by Ufotable [/thread]

This,
Kriz-4 said:
I have many but my most "want to remake" is Katekyo Hitman Reborn. (:

And Soul Eater. I thought the anime series was fantastic until it started to deviate from the manga, but I still enjoyed it. I hope they do a remake when the manga ends.

Also, I think a remake of Outlaw Star, with updated animation, or even a new series in the same universe would be awesome!
Dec 3, 2012 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
I hope they remake Kuroshitsuji when the manga ends. Also Pandora Hearts and Loveless.
Dec 3, 2012 10:58 PM
Dec 2012
tripmode1992 said:
NeoAnkara said:
no_good_name said:
tripmode1992 said:
Angel Beats!
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

why? i felt that angel beasts was pretty much perfect.

explanation please.

Maybe it has the same reason as mine. Angel Beats certainly is good but it will be better if it expanded to 26 episode so that it don't feel rushed.

Yep, also some of characters' background weren't shown. If only they made it into a 24-26 episode series, all of those can be portrayed.

I think the anime assumed that we understood why that world in Angel Beats worked the way it did, but I kind of felt a bit lost towards the end? Yeah I think with 24-26 episodes, the ending would have had so much more impact/meaning to someone who understood what was happening to each of the characters (like more about Hinata and Yui and Kanade, lots of potential there).
Dec 3, 2012 11:02 PM

Apr 2012
I'd like to see Mobile Suit Gundam with modern animation, a Pokemon series for adults, and I want to see someone try and fix Sword Art Online.
Dec 4, 2012 12:09 AM

Jun 2009
Fruits Basket
Fate/Stay Night
Tsukihime

Goryo said:
LoGH because animation.

If nothing at all gets changed. But, I can't help but think someone involved with the production would attempt to "modernize" it and then we'll get something like the god awful Golden Wings movie.

But, besides that, I just don't see the point. I don't see LoGH being particularly appealing in today's market and, to be perfectly honest, I just think people refusing to watch the show because of "old art" are just handicapping themselves. Personally, I've never really had much of a problem with it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 4, 2012 12:39 AM

Sep 2012
Gantz.
Dec 4, 2012 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
Elfen Lied so that it follows the manga version
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Dec 4, 2012 1:44 AM

Nov 2009
I think AIR would be a good choice seeing as how the original anime was so bad.

There was a remake of Kanon and it was miles better than the original with better art, animation and twice the episode count.

If AIR received the same sort of loving, I'm sure I would like it alot better than I do.
Dec 4, 2012 1:54 AM

Oct 2012
Gundam Wing with redone animation, maybe a bit more streamlined, and the voice work a little redone.

Dec 4, 2012 2:17 AM

Aug 2011
Boku no Pico.
Dec 4, 2012 2:20 AM

Aug 2011
DrunkenBlowfish said:
I'd like to see Mobile Suit Gundam with modern animation

So something like this?
Dec 4, 2012 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
for now I can only think of these 3:

Rurouni Kenshin,
Fruits Basket,
and
Ouran High School Host Club

with the proper manga end, since the manga is complete now!
Dec 4, 2012 4:10 AM

Jul 2012
h4x_the_zombie said:

Yeah count me in for those as well. They're what I had in mind when I clicked on this thread and consider them at least plausible (contrary to wishing remakes for random anime for w/e reason).

Soul Eater's source material, the manga, is on going, so at some point (either at the end or at a MAJOR arc end), BONES could give it the Brotherhood treatment and follow the source.

Pandora Hearts was smashed up pretty badly with the anime. Though I get the impression the anime wasn't intended to be much more to begin with.

Ao no Exorcist, same thing as Soul Eater.
Critic.
Dec 4, 2012 4:46 AM
Sep 2012
I don´t want a remake of Pandora Hearts. Only a remake of the last episodes and a new season. It would be lovely to see where you get to know you knew nothing Animated.

Vampire Knight. Studio DEEN did a horrible job on it. Animation was really inferior to Original Manga Art. (Matsuri Hino´s Art is famous for being good, even people that don´t like her series buy her Artbook) Also the end of the First Arc (where Anime ended) was a lot sadder than the Anime made it. Also I think if a Anime Studio was willing to do a properly job on it and deal with plot holes...But thats just my opnion.
Dec 4, 2012 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Fate/Stay Night - Give it the Fate/Zero treatment.

Guilty Crown - I'd even settle for a "remake" of the second half of the original show. Such a waste of great potential.

Eureka Seven AO. On second thought, I'd rather it just didn't exist in the first place. Maybe replace it with Eureka Seven season 2 proper.

I see Pandora Hearts mentioned a lot and I don't even know the Manga, but I can tell the anime could have been way better. Shame, too, because I definitely dig the setting and characters and such. I'd be happy just with a second season.

Angel Beats - Only to make it longer.

Ga-Rei:Zero - Only to make it longer.

Elfen Lied - Only to make it longer (as in, "what the fuck happens after that?" longer)
Dec 4, 2012 5:09 AM

Nov 2012
no_good_name said:
QuiGonJon said:
Sacrophagus said:
QuiGonJon said:
Eureka 7 AO
Sankarea - started out really strong but then went downhill mid season
Guilty Crown - I loved it but there was still so much wasted potential
SAO - Same as GC

SAO ? You too !!

I was kidding though ( ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pretty sure I saw you shredding SAO in the SAO forums before meaning either
-Your kidding because its the best thing evAr
-Your kidding because you want SAO to burn in a pit
-Your trolling (which I've seen you do prety sure)
Gonna have to go with the last two here

Or I'm miss remembering things and over-thinking this
w/e

he loves SAO, ask nicely and he'll show you his SAO fan tattoo he got

Oh,oh! Yes , yes! I love going to SAO subforums and share with everybody how much I looooooove SAO! Because you know , I have nothing to do with my time but to visit the Subforums and do that alllllll the day!!! Yeay!!

Also. Be jealous of my tattoo.

P.S :
You're***
You're***
You're***
You're***

... pretty***
Dec 4, 2012 5:25 AM

May 2012
Noinochi said:
Tommk said:
TSUKIHIME

I think you're mistaking this name for something else, such an anime does not exist.

Oh right , my mistake , wrong forum post. I thought its manga into anime adaption. Of course, there aren't any anime adaption of the VN and manga yet.

Silly me.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 4, 2012 5:37 AM
Jul 2012
Higurashi No Naku Koro ni and Soul Eater, if it counts I want a Heavens Feel adaptation of Fate Stay/Night
Dec 4, 2012 5:55 AM

Dec 2009
QueenCythia said:
I don´t want a remake of Pandora Hearts. Only a remake of the last episodes and a new season. It would be lovely to see where you get to know you knew nothing Animated.

Vampire Knight. Studio DEEN did a horrible job on it. Animation was really inferior to Original Manga Art. (Matsuri Hino´s Art is famous for being good, even people that don´t like her series buy her Artbook) Also the end of the First Arc (where Anime ended) was a lot sadder than the Anime made it. Also I think if a Anime Studio was willing to do a properly job on it and deal with plot holes...But thats just my opnion.

... you want a sequel that won't be following the manga? the fuck... then you can't call it an anime adaption of the original manga!

I disagree with your opinion!~ >< >=/
Dec 4, 2012 5:57 AM

Dec 2009
eldest said:
waalex11 said:
Like what they did to Kanon and Fullmetal Alchemist.

... Don't you hate it when an anime has a ending filler which makes it that they can't really continue the anime as a second season or else they're going to fuck it up with the ending filler of the first season that wasn't following the manga at all.

and when I say remake I don't mean a second season. I mean a complete remake of the anime that follows the manga perfectly or almost perfectly.

The animes that I would want (or wouldn't mind) to have a remake, mostly until the mangas are completed, are these ones;

5 Centimeters per Second

why? changing the ending would ruins the movies point, unless by completely remake you mean add the extra chapter and sidestory from the manga without touching anything else. in that case

1000x this

Like you said, I did mean includng the manga part ^^
I just loved the manga thats why, even if it ended in a way just like the first one but maybe thats a good part of it.
Dec 4, 2012 5:59 AM

Dec 2009
Riptos said:
I think AIR would be a good choice seeing as how the original anime was so bad.

There was a remake of Kanon and it was miles better than the original with better art, animation and twice the episode count.

If AIR received the same sort of loving, I'm sure I would like it alot better than I do.

I actually thought of this too, if they can somehow do it better since I don't know the original story.
Dec 4, 2012 6:23 AM
Sep 2012
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:

... you want a sequel that won't be following the manga? the fuck... then you can't call it an anime adaption of the original manga!

What do you mean by that? O.O
Dec 4, 2012 6:37 AM
Nov 2012
hmm, this one !

«War is a hostile takeover of nations, coated in sugary religiosity and fiery terms of "right" and "wrong" from people who use faith as a mean of coercion and a tool of capitulation.» - Sacrophagus
Dec 4, 2012 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Rurouni Kenshin
man, they screwed that up towards the end.
i don't know everything
i just know what i know...
Dec 4, 2012 6:59 AM

Dec 2009
QueenCythia said:
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:

Just that its way better to make a remake and not a sequel at all, with Pandora Hearts
thats it ^^
lol
Dec 4, 2012 8:04 AM
Sep 2012
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:

Just that its way better to make a remake and not a sequel at all, with Pandora Hearts
thats it ^^
lol
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:
waalex11 said:
QueenCythia said:

thats it ^^
lol

Pandora Hearts followed the story quite perfectly until the last episodes. So there really isn´t much to remake... :/
Dec 4, 2012 8:06 AM
Dec 2012
I'd love to see a remake of Trigun with updated artwork, the original story and without the comic relief.
Dec 4, 2012 9:06 AM
Jun 2012
neontaster said:

Ga-Rei: Zero is merely a prequel to the manga adaptation (Ga-Rei). Unless you wanted filler in between the beginning and end of a Ga-Rei: Zero re-make, it would be more sensible to wish for a sequel instead. But that's just me.
Dec 4, 2012 9:14 AM

Jun 2012
Berserk - with more fight and to make it longer.
Dec 4, 2012 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Madeline said:
neontaster said:

Ga-Rei: Zero is merely a prequel to the manga adaptation (Ga-Rei). Unless you wanted filler in between the beginning and end of a Ga-Rei: Zero re-make, it would be more sensible to wish for a sequel instead. But that's just me.

Sure, I'd love a Ga-Rei anime as a sequel to Zero (I don't really read Manga so I was relegated to just reading what it was about), but I also think Zero had a plot that was epic enough to work as 24 episodes as opposed to 12. I still think they managed to do a lot with those 12, but I just wanted more of it.
Dec 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Nov 2010
Those episodes of One Piece where they have a different VA doing the voices for like a couple of weeks for Chopper, Robin, and Nami.
Dec 4, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
GetBackers anime 'cause it sucked..:/
Humans are things that don't know the true value of something precious until they lose it.
And if somehow they get their precious thing back, they'll forget its value again.
- Mido Ban
Pages (32) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 7 minutes ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
7 minutes ago

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - Yesterday

8 by TRC_Randy »»
10 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

33 by Shirayukin »»
13 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

11 by TRC_Randy »»
20 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

97 by Technopunk »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.