Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »
Sep 9, 2012 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode. The effects, music, everything was awesome this episode. I was also so happy that Sachi was referenced here. I really liked her, and i'm glad she was a motivation for Kirito. And wow, did he almost die there. Kinda seems to me that the Kirito X Asuna relationship is a little bit rushed at this point, but I know that's probably from the rushing through the light novels that's supposedly happening. Never read them, so I wouldn't know. Next episode should be interesting. Get the feeling that guy is more powerful than he looks. Surely he must be aware of how high a level Kirito is, yet he's still challenging him.
Sep 10, 2012 12:08 PM

Jul 2011
Really good episode, definitely the best battle of the series thus far. I wonder if Kirito finally realized how Asuna feels about him when he was flashing back.
Sep 10, 2012 5:48 PM
Jul 2012
I DON'T KNOW JUST WHAT TO SAY!? This episode made by orgasm from it, if I kept on re-watching it, I just might become a nuke! I was already aware that Kirito had Dual Blades since before the anime's release I read to about this point in the manga. You have no f*cking clue just how happy, excited, & my dual-wielding love felt in this single episode. SAO outdone themselves! Far beyond by best expectations in a good way! Everything pulled together just perfectly! Thats what I love about SAO, it blends almost everything together perfectly, & this time its not an exception! I love dual-wielding, its my favorite sword style! Kirito went bada*s in this single episode, lesson to be learned for bosses: DON'T F*CKING MESS WITH KIRITO! I literally mean this! If I play an RPG & I can dual wield, f*ck everything! Dual Wield here I come. I will forever engrave this moment in my heart for anime, for BEST F*CKING FIGHT SCENE EVER! Sadly, a bit short, but the pure strength of it was enough for me not to give 2 sh*ts! (I'm fully aware I'm using A LOT of swear words here, but its the only way for me to describe it!)
Sep 14, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty dull episode. What's with all these reckless people. It kinda got annoying. The fight was boring and ass pull. They need a big squad to defeat the boss? And then Kirito proceeds and kills him all alone. I know that the boss was wounded, but even taking half of it's health is too much. That was really terrible. And the "omg I have a superb skill nobody else has" was stupid in Accel World, and it's stupid here too. And wow, what a cool special skill, Dual Wield. Pretty unique badass skill we got there. Not.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 16, 2012 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
I expected Kirito and Asuna to bring down the boss by themselves even before the episode has begun, but I never saw this coming. On other note, I wondered why wasn't Kirito using the sword he went through so much to obtain. And Klein isn't gay, lol I was suspecting him.

The episode was really good one. Asuna's acting more and more affectionately towards Kirito(that escalated in a faster pace than I expected).

I can never guess who's gonna win the duel. But I'd bet on the guild master.
Sep 17, 2012 11:12 PM

Aug 2009
Meritas said:
On other note, I wondered why wasn't Kirito using the sword he went through so much to obtain.

He doesnt want others to know he has something so powerful.They will be pestering him to join guilds(which is what he avoids since Sachi's death),give info about the skill(he doesnt have any info on this).
And it never was his plan to fight a boss alone.He wouldnt have used it here if they had come with an army of players...
Sep 19, 2012 3:06 AM

Apr 2009
Geez, both Kirito and Asuna can be so reckless at times even if they're already veterans. Granted, it must be the effects of seeing people die right before your eyes when you have the power to make a difference.

So that's why Kirito was using one-handed swords exclusively. And also why he had another sword as strong as his signature sword forged. Dual-wielding, huh? And a related 50-hit skill? Awesome. I thought he was already notorious, but these skills will earn him even more (unwanted) fame.

The terms of the duel doesn't sound so bad to me. If Kirito loses, he joins Asuna's guild. Not bad for a consequence. Though he does play solo as a matter of principle. Win or lose, the Knights of Blood might get a bit more information about his newly unveiled unique skill. That's probably what they're after.
Sep 19, 2012 3:26 AM

Aug 2009
SayakaMagica said:
Geez, both Kirito and Asuna can be so reckless at times even if they're already veterans. Granted, it must be the effects of seeing people die right before your eyes when you have the power to make a difference.

So that's why Kirito was using one-handed swords exclusively. And also why he had another sword as strong as his signature sword forged. Dual-wielding, huh? And a related 50-hit skill? Awesome. I thought he was already notorious, but these skills will earn him even more (unwanted) fame.

The terms of the duel doesn't sound so bad to me. If Kirito loses, he joins Asuna's guild. Not bad for a consequence. Though he does play solo as a matter of principle. Win or lose, the Knights of Blood might get a bit more information about his newly unveiled unique skill. That's probably what they're after.

Actually Dual Blades' Starburst Stream is a 16 combo hit.The newspaper is exaggerating way too much.
The highest combo hit is SAO is 27.
/nerd mode off
Sep 19, 2012 5:28 AM

Aug 2011
Lovely ep! I was quite annoyed last time about where Kirito hid his second sword but now its been explained. His skill was very much a spectacle to behold.

Loved Asuna's looong hug at the end, I could almost feel the warmth between those two.
Sep 19, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
OP animation already spoiled the outcome of the battle. >_>

Anyway, the amount of pages on the forum is increasing per episode in outstanding amounts. MAL seemed kinda dull since Madoka, and this seems even worse in that sense. Looking at the current number of 1,047 posts (53 pages) in one week in the episode 10 topic seems exceptionally dazzling. Going to watch that ep tomorrow and see why so many posts are being made, though I'm already having a premonition what's going to happen after the last scene of episode 9.
Sep 20, 2012 4:55 AM

Feb 2012
I really didn’t like this episode. The action was amazing but they used one of the most contrived and stupid reasons to initiate that boss fight. I just can’t find it plausible that a military commander would pull this kind of stunt on level 70 something. There is no way that a military unit would ever attempt to take on a boss alone in such an exhausted state especially sense time is not a factor, i.e. no advantage is lost if you wait a day or week. I am surprised that they are even clearing bosses. In that kind of situation, most leaders would prefer to wait and to keep on training their soldiers to a level where they demolish the boss.

At least the commander went down with his troops so he has my respect.
Sep 20, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2009
Phaetons_Folly said:
I really didn’t like this episode. The action was amazing but they used one of the most contrived and stupid reasons to initiate that boss fight. I just can’t find it plausible that a military commander would pull this kind of stunt on level 70 something. There is no way that a military unit would ever attempt to take on a boss alone in such an exhausted state especially sense time is not a factor, i.e. no advantage is lost if you wait a day or week. I am surprised that they are even clearing bosses. In that kind of situation, most leaders would prefer to wait and to keep on training their soldiers to a level where they demolish the boss.

At least the commander went down with his troops so he has my respect.

The <<Army>>of SAO has nothing to do with the real world military.They are just a bunch of -retarded- gamers or reporters.That should be obvious without the LN.

Info that the anime didnt bothered to give or I forgot it was there:
This guild isnt taking part in the boss fights since the 25th floor after they suffered heavy losses.The current leader of the guild is a dick that wants to show the rest of the players the"power" of the Army.We may get more info on this in ep 12...I hope.

Even if they were at full spirits they should NEVER attack a boss.
Sep 21, 2012 9:03 AM

Jan 2011
Can someone tell me who the guy that died in front of Kirito was I know it holds some significance
Sep 21, 2012 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
LancelotTypeZero said:
Can someone tell me who the guy that died in front of Kirito was I know it holds some significance

You mean the red-haired one?
Player Name:Godfree.
Character significance:(ex)commander of the KoB's vanguard and to be added to the list of the dead.
Sep 30, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2012
Well the next fight would be interesting.
Oct 3, 2012 5:24 PM
Mar 2010
The fight was just awesome and Kirito's dual wield was animated really well. I have to wonder why he got the skill though? I assume he was given it by the GM? Guess we'll find out. xD
Oct 5, 2012 8:02 AM
Sep 2012
I felt bad for the guild members. Not only was their leader doing a bad job, they lost other members in the fight.
Oct 10, 2012 9:09 PM

Jul 2007
Let's see...

So in addition to the already established penchant of every girl Kirito meets falling in love with him, being a lone wolf, self-sacrificing to the point of being a messiah, and getting the girl through absolutely no effort or difficulty, we can now add "has special skills no one else has for no reason other than he does".

Yup, Kirito is officially a Gary Stu.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 15, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Dual-wielding! My favorite sword style *-*

That set aside, I'm a little peeved that Kirito is - once again - fighting in Asuna's place. With her personality I would've expected her to stand up for herself a little more than she's done in the past two episodes...
Oct 17, 2012 8:36 PM

Dec 2011
Lets gooooo Asuna! Seems like the Laughing Coffins are planning to try and assasinate her though, and whats up with that bodyguard? I think he will probably betray Asuna.

Oct 28, 2012 3:20 AM

Jun 2008
Very entertaining episode!

Kirito really has become my favorite male character of 2012!

Then again, it's not like the list is very long :/
Oct 28, 2012 10:19 AM

Dec 2009
Dual blades skill, how awesome. Kirito showing more of his badassary and a lot more fighting in this episode. Overall a fantastic episode
Oct 31, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
Yay, dual wielding! My favorite skill in games.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Nov 4, 2012 12:00 PM
Jan 2012
This is getting more and more cliche and boring with each episode :/ So overrated.
Nov 16, 2012 12:43 AM

Aug 2011
This made me want to read the LNs more and more..., gonna start soon!!!!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 23, 2012 4:34 PM

Sep 2012
kirito's badassery is unmatched with that dual blade ♥_♥
Nov 29, 2012 8:29 PM

Feb 2012
That one was really awesome.

The Kirito x Asuna moment was awesome :)
Dec 17, 2012 6:08 AM
May 2009
A dualblader! Niceee! Lizbeth made an appearence thats nice too! Wonderful music during Kirito's fight....
Dec 18, 2012 12:46 PM

Dec 2008
That dual-wielding technique made me fall in love with Kirito-kun just a bit...
Dec 19, 2012 4:13 AM

Mar 2012
Well this was a MUCH stronger episode than usual. Continued right where the last episode left off with the same plot, immediately resolving the cliffhanger, so an actual storyline might start to develop now instead of side-story after side-story. The action scenes were surprisingly awesome this time around, with a little more development for the supporting characters and a it was nice to see some familiar faces make a return too. Plus it ended on an emotional, positive note to boot, with a cliffhanger for dramatic kicks. 8/10
JDubyewDec 19, 2012 4:23 AM
Dec 22, 2012 12:19 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man, dat ending!
Dec 25, 2012 8:49 AM

May 2012
Oh boy what an amazing episode, both old acquaintances joined up for an epic battle where Kirito reveals his secret skill "Duel Weld" and than defeats the boss single handed! Really mighty scene, and than the ending! This will really get quite interesting next episode, lets see how the duel will end!
Dec 27, 2012 2:57 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
LEGENDARY episode! That battle with the scary goat boss was SO EPIC and INTENSE, gave me the goosebumps feelings the whole time. Oh and THE duel for Asuna's hand coming up next! Really the medieval LEGENDARY anime SAO! 5/5 SCORE AGAIN!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 29, 2012 5:03 PM
Mar 2012
Wow Kirito's reunion with Klein felt very nostalgic!
I also sense a little bit a love from KiritoxAsuna!
*sigh* I ship them so hard. :)

Dec 29, 2012 7:00 PM
Jan 2012
Sword dueling is epic. I enjoyed the fight scene quite a lot actually and look forward to this next one!
Dec 29, 2012 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
An okay episode. I like the fight scene but I can't help but think Asuna could have done more than just stand around while Kirito is fighting. I mean, the series keeps saying she's this bad ass swordsman that is pretty much Kirito's equal....this was a great opportunity to reflect that. I just hate it when a series makes it where only the main character does things.

I was kind of liking the romance so far, but this felt pretty forced to me.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 31, 2012 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
Disregard plot, focus on Kirito X Asuna, acquire marvelous entertainment.
Dec 31, 2012 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
If every episode of SAO were of this quality, then it'd definitely get at least a solid 7 from me. Too bad episodes 2-7 were spent mucking around over pointless side stories.
And so far I wasn't that impressed with the soundtrack, but holy shit was that some epic battle music. Respect for Kajiura restored.
Jan 17, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
This is by far the best episode so far. The battle was intense. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 27, 2013 12:04 PM
Jan 2013
Very cool episode! The whole "avenging them" scenario got played out pretty quick, what with the three flash back sequences of Sachi being killed, but other than that it was interesting, and with the improvement of the relationship between Asuna an Kirito, I think this series really moves at the perfect pace. It doesn't try to run through the over climactic bosses, it doesn't play head games with the relationships of characters-at least too the point where you're unsure of what will happen by the end of the episode-it's very well done, and this episode highlights that.
Mar 3, 2013 7:01 AM

Sep 2011
Finally a nice battle. I like dual wielding, so I'm happy he finally used it.

I thought the "something terrible happened" was something more serious.
May 24, 2013 4:03 AM

Aug 2009
badass as ever.

duel time!
Jun 1, 2013 8:09 AM
Feb 2013
Well, after watching the whole serie I can say without doubt that Kirito vs Gleam Eyes is the best fight! You will say that there is a good one in the AOL serie, yeah you are right, but it has less game "features".
Jun 21, 2013 4:43 PM
Jun 2013
Definitely the best episode so far! I loved it!
Jul 15, 2013 10:00 AM

Apr 2010
Dual wielding? That's totally my type!
Also that was a close one for Kirito, I hope he doesn't go rambo that often. . . .
Aug 3, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2013
oh my god i love this.

Aug 21, 2013 9:21 AM

Mar 2013
Nice dual blades there...and Asuna just became 30 times more awesome.
Aug 30, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2013
Fucking whoa!!

Double swords, and a long lasting hug.
Sep 11, 2013 3:19 AM
Apr 2013
That was a meh episode compared to the others for me. It was just a pointless fight. The plot didn't really advance, and Kirito's character came across as a little irritating. I don't like how the HP got so low, I mean in such a high stakes game Kirito should surely have been keeping an eye on it. And if not, it would have been far more likely for him to have died.

I don't like Asuna either, she hasn't been given much depth. I would far prefer Kirito × Liz!

It was still good, but I think Episode 8 and the previous ones delivered better.
Sep 24, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
HiNT74 said:
That was a meh episode ...
+1
I mean the fight was good, but idk this anime lacks stuff.
Pages (16) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

25 by alban123 »»
Oct 17, 9:21 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1447 by thugnation1337 »»
Oct 6, 6:26 AM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.