Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2012 6:17 AM

Aug 2011
This is the absolute best and most realistic romance in the whole world. The characters had lots of deep and meaningful interactions and were definitely at the point where marriage should happen. SOA is the best show I've ever seen.
Sep 9, 2012 6:23 AM

Jul 2010
The beginning of this episode made me very tense.
The middle made me very angry.
The end made me all warm inside! \(^ 3 ^)/

Nuff said.
Sep 9, 2012 6:36 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Removed off-topic and shit posting.
This is an anime episode discussion thread, not about general ratings, other anime, etc.

Also, if you have to write about the light novel, then please use spoiler tags and label them so that others know that it's LN stuff. But still keep in mind that it's an anime discussion thread, not an "compare the anime adaptation to the LN" thread. There are people who just want to discuss the anime, nothing else. If you want to compare the anime to the LN then do it in a separate thread.
Sep 9, 2012 6:37 AM

May 2012
HE DESERVED TO DIE. Poor Godfrey ;v;
BUT YEAH, I liked the battle scene between Kirito and the leader though well, it did end pretty soon, then got to the sad bit, then god to the nice bit LAWLAWLAWLAWL.
Sep 9, 2012 6:40 AM

Nov 2009
Oh well overall MAL is just a place for me to put my anime list on (ofc with the help of rating, adding stuff make it easier than using word office,excel).

I couldn't care less about how people rate their stuff, I mean, who cares? Each person has different perspective/taste, throughout years of watching anime(or hundreds of show), they will be changed, and also their point of view. ---> Therefore the "edit" button exists.

Bias is also a subjective matter, we created the standard ourselves, therefore bias exists. We're always biased, no matter how you look.

Judging a show, give it a score, you can think of many aspects to judge a show, "this story is flawless", or " actually there is a plot hole" and give it a score. Overall it's just purely your opinion on it, but here comes the complicated part, the more people who have the same idea as you, agree on that matter, the more you're right ( great minds think alike), and an "invisible standard has been created", if another person crosses the line ( think differently from majority of the community), he or she is biased.

But it doesn't make the community becomes right either.

Overall it's just "opinions" that matter ...
Takana_no_HanaSep 9, 2012 6:49 AM
Sep 9, 2012 7:00 AM

Dec 2011
Luna_ said:
Removed off-topic and shit posting.
This is an anime episode discussion thread, not about general ratings, other anime, etc.

lol thank gawd~

Still over 600 comments and 30 pages, and I actually went through all of it Dx (Is this like one of the longest threads in MAL ever? D:) but its soo funny to read how such irreverent things get dragged on in a single thread of S.A.O, half things discussed felt just like a sociology lesson xD oh the humanity~

On an episode note, it was very sweet <3 I thought the animation quality was whole lot more better improved than previously, especially during the duel +1

looking forward to how the rest turns out~
Sep 9, 2012 7:01 AM

Jun 2010
Our bad. Sorry Luna! Thanks for editing our posts!
Sep 9, 2012 7:07 AM

Apr 2009
DraconisMarch said:
This is the absolute best and most realistic romance in the whole world. The characters had lots of deep and meaningful interactions and were definitely at the point where marriage should happen. SOA is the best show I've ever seen.

This, I marvel at the sublime greatness and unimaginable richness of the depth that was shown in regards to their relationship in episode 10.
NidhoeggrSep 9, 2012 7:40 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 9, 2012 7:31 AM

Mar 2011
So if Kuradeel was in both the Knights of Blood and the Laughing Coffin, does that mean that within SAO you can be a member of more than one guild at the same time?

Most MMO's I know won't let you do that, but I guess the evil PK'ers have to have their sneaky infiltration thing going on!
Sep 9, 2012 7:36 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was so bad, it's impressive. Putting 3 major events in one episode and making all of them boring and emotionless is quite the feet.

Sep 9, 2012 7:43 AM
Sep 2012
As much as I would love to say "Oh my god I'm loving this anime so much". I just feel like now the episodes are getting ridiculously fast paced and rushed. I feel like I'm skimming through pages of a book instead of reading it through. And each episode seems as though its barely10 minutes rather than 20 :L Thats just me though. I love the concept and the characters and everything. I'm definitely going to start reading the light novel soon since it seems as though the anime is throwing out a lot of parts important in the story :C
Sep 9, 2012 7:46 AM
May 2012
1. FUCK that Kuraandal Guy from Episode 8. He's just getting on my freaking nerves.

He should've deserved to get killed in the first place. But now he's dead. I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL, you ass-wipe.

2. Looks like Kirito & Asuna's romantic tension has been reached the new stage!
JafriZinSep 9, 2012 8:04 AM
Sep 9, 2012 7:55 AM

Apr 2011
Kirito X Asuna Kekkon! I pray for better life !
Sep 9, 2012 8:06 AM

Oct 2008
Great moments in this anime.
The fight between Kirito and Heathcliff, who incidentally either cheated or used some weird unique move on him to win.
Kuradeel revealing his true colours was pretty intense.
Asuna coming to the rescue and destroying his face with lightning-quick strikes.
Asuna's dere and wild side unleashed!
Marriage!

I wasn't even that offended with Asuna's bra and panties (which I usually hate) because it was done in good humour at the end and because they nailed the facial expressions =D

Now, I hope that the "Kuroyukihime effect" doesn't infect Asuna.
(Kuroyukihime effect: When a character with as much awesomeness and badass potential as Kuroyukihime fawns over the male lead like a little school girl, becomes useless or passive, loses her sharp tongue or wit and/or is relegated only to fanservice duty after having confessed her feelings.)
Sep 9, 2012 8:07 AM
Sep 2012
PrometheusZero said:
So if Kuradeel was in both the Knights of Blood and the Laughing Coffin, does that mean that within SAO you can be a member of more than one guild at the same time?

Most MMO's I know won't let you do that, but I guess the evil PK'ers have to have their sneaky infiltration thing going on!

I'm guessing Kuradeel left coffin in order to join knights of blood as some kind of infiltration kind of thing. and the tattoo is something you can keep even after leaving laughing coffin. Just a guess.
Sep 9, 2012 8:20 AM
Sep 2011
Omniknight said:
Great moments in this anime.
The fight between Kirito and Heathcliff, who incidentally either cheated or used some weird unique move on him to win.
Kuradeel revealing his true colours was pretty intense.
Asuna coming to the rescue and destroying his face with lightning-quick strikes.
Asuna's dere and wild side unleashed!
Marriage!

I wasn't even that offended with Asuna's bra and panties (which I usually hate) because it was done in good humour at the end and because they nailed the facial expressions =D

Now, I hope that the "Kuroyukihime effect" doesn't infect Asuna.
(Kuroyukihime effect: When a character with as much awesomeness and badass potential as Kuroyukihime fawns over the male lead like a little school girl, becomes useless or passive, loses her sharp tongue or wit and/or is relegated only to fanservice duty after having confessed her feelings.)

Nope, she's different from the yellow hair female lead in Campione!
Sep 9, 2012 8:46 AM

Jan 2012
PrometheusZero said:

guildwars 2 lets you do that but thats a new game, maybe Kuradeel just got the tattoo and wanted to stay in the KoB until he killed Kirito and officially join Laughing Coffin afterwards
Sep 9, 2012 8:46 AM
Apr 2011
Kirito is now officially in my Manly Protagonist List.

1. Junichi Tachibana (Amagami SS)
2. Kirito (Sword Art Online)
Sep 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2008
ravagestorm said:
Kirito is now officially in my Manly Protagonist List.

1. Junichi Tachibana (Amagami SS)
2. Kirito (Sword Art Online)

But... but... he ain't wearing pink clothes, wheres his manliness then? :<
Sep 9, 2012 8:49 AM

Jan 2011
ravagestorm said:
Oreki-kun is now officially in my Manly Protagonist List.

1. Oreki Houtarou
2. Oreki Houtarou

Yup, now that's about right.
Sep 9, 2012 8:50 AM
Jan 2011

Well ten , I guess Kirito has officially killed somebody.....in defense of Asuna.

Ok, so they may have had sex.....................but technically speaking the 2 simply just had a virtual foreplay.

Geez, that attire looks better if Lady Gaga is wearing it.
Sep 9, 2012 8:56 AM

Jan 2011
Nasty001 said:

Well ten , I guess Kirito has officially killed somebody.....in defense of Asuna.

He didn't seem to care though.

Nasty001 said:

Ok, so they may have had sex.....................but technically speaking the 2 simply just had a virtual foreplay.

He also didn't seem to care about that.

Nasty001 said:
Geez, that attire looks better if Lady Gaga is wearing it.

Don't post that"".
Sep 9, 2012 9:12 AM
May 2012
Nasty001 said:

I don't understand that what the hell is goin on here but,

After Asuna undressed herself, then punched Kirito and after that,

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! #Confused
Sep 9, 2012 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
JeffreyZin said:

I don't understand that what the hell is goin on here but,

After Asuna undressed herself, then punched Kirito and after that,

Read the thread, it's more than obvious that they did have sex. And there's a lot of proof around here. Please people stop asking things that has been already answered.
Sep 9, 2012 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
JeffreyZin said:

To put it simply they took part in an event called pin the penisu on the vaggo, but since the system was still in beta-phase, they had to cut it out from the episode due to lag and unprecedented glopping.
Sep 9, 2012 9:26 AM

Mar 2012
Asuna got to experience dual-wielding first hand if you know what I mean, whaaattttt!?. Kirito just got dressed quickly afterwards, because he's embarrassed of his boyish frame.
JoshSep 9, 2012 9:41 AM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 9, 2012 9:27 AM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:

To put it simply they took part in an event called pin the penisu on the vaggo, but since the system was still in beta-phase, they had to cut it out from the episode due to lag and unprecedented bugs.

Didn't you just confused him even more"?
Sep 9, 2012 9:33 AM

Mar 2009
Argh I knew that dude wasn't to be trusted... you can see it on his face and in his eyes. Just wasn't right. Poor dude died and Kirito almost joined in. Though atleast the ending is nice... I am hoping the next episode is even better and exceeds my expectations. Yay for SAO!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 9, 2012 9:37 AM

Jul 2009
Post-Josh said:
Asuna got to experience duel-wielding first hand if you know what I mean, whaaattttt!?

You mean dual?
Sep 9, 2012 9:41 AM

Mar 2012
Oh oops, yes that's what I mean.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 9:44 AM

Jul 2009
Post-Josh said:
Oh oops, yes that's what I mean.

Come to think of it, I feel kinda sorry for Kirito after seeing Asuna's rapier thrusting skills, there's the danger of him becoming a lesser man one night.
Sep 9, 2012 9:48 AM
Apr 2011
uneksia said:
Vhaeraun said:
He fought for her because he felt like it. I interpreted it as a spur of the moment move. She's more than capable of fighting her own battles, but Kirito lost his head at Heathcliff's possessiveness ("If you think you can have her, fight for her" sort of deal)

I'm not so sure about that. I mean THE Kirito lost that fight, I don't think Asuna would do better.

He lost, but not because of a lack of skill on his part.
Sep 9, 2012 9:48 AM

Jul 2009
Vhaeraun said:
uneksia said:
Vhaeraun said:
He fought for her because he felt like it. I interpreted it as a spur of the moment move. She's more than capable of fighting her own battles, but Kirito lost his head at Heathcliff's possessiveness ("If you think you can have her, fight for her" sort of deal)

I'm not so sure about that. I mean THE Kirito lost that fight, I don't think Asuna would do better.

He lost, but not because of a lack of skill on his part.

spoilernazi
Sep 9, 2012 10:11 AM
May 2011
The series pace is too fast!!!!
Sep 9, 2012 10:19 AM
May 2012
Pitrel said:
The series pace is too fast!!!!

Well they already said the number of episodes, lets just hope they dont over-compress it.
Sep 9, 2012 10:20 AM

Nov 2008
Nice episode ^^
Sep 9, 2012 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
As an LN reader, allow me to unleash a bunch of LN spoilers for you all that will hopefully clear some things up. (NOTE: I made this from quickly reading through the first 5 pages so sorry if someone already covered it.

In regards to sex in SAO:

As for whether or not the sex actually occurred:

Kuradeel and laughing coffin

Kirito's first kill (NOTE: This is part of the LN, not sure if it's part of the anime since it's never mentioned)
I'm not racist, I'm Asian too. D:
Sep 9, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2011
TooManyAsians said:

Regarding that. Just to make even more clear.
Sep 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Mar 2012
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick." - Kirito on sex
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 10:43 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nidhoeggr said:
DraconisMarch said:

This, I marvel at the sublime greatness and unimaginable richness of the depth that was shown in regards to their relationship in episode 10.

Lol the sarcasm is strong.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 9, 2012 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

Sep 9, 2012 10:55 AM
Oct 2011
wakka9ca said:
Nidhoeggr said:
DraconisMarch said:

Lol the sarcasm is strong.
This is from the first page, the sarcasm in it is stronger: (it'd be more hilarious if you followed the previous discussions)
NNick said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
^ lol you're pathetic.

Dessiato said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spoiler tags plz

Not that it matters to me...

On another note, where are you getting the episode all earlylike.

streaming ... just use google, but I'm better wait for subs cause I don't want to watch things I don't understand.

Why so mean? What did tsubasalover do to you.

Great episode , i loved it so much, can't wait for the next one, i wonder what will happen, i want to see more kiss scenes. I have this weird feeling that that Heatcliff will actually be the evil guy behind it all.
I like trains.
Candor123Sep 9, 2012 10:59 AM
Sep 9, 2012 11:02 AM
Aug 2012
Post-Josh said:
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick." - Kirito on sex

This is probably the most applicable and appropriate quote reference I have seen attributed to kirito.
LunaSep 9, 2012 11:17 AM
Sep 9, 2012 11:05 AM

Jul 2012
I was yelling 16.5 at the screen at the end of the episode ^_^. So Kirito lost and had to join the guild :/ Two episodes left :/, second season please?
Sep 9, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2011
ZooMas said:
I was yelling 16.5 at the screen at the end of the episode ^_^. So Kirito lost and had to join the guild :/ Two episodes left :/, second season please?

>Second season
>Not even half of first season yet
Calm down.
Sep 9, 2012 11:14 AM

Jun 2011
fidelbuds1 said:
WOAH!

They pretty packed it in one episode.

They kiss and had sex in the same episode?? I dint expect that they will compress it all in one episode

Damn this must be the best episode so far!

Up next Kirito and Asuna in their honeymoon?

they didnt have sex hes an idiot!
Sep 9, 2012 11:15 AM
Sep 2011
lol this show will be on air for another season ...
Looks like things have gotten calm down a little bit.

Sep 9, 2012 11:15 AM

Jan 2011
Linkfan001 said:

they didnt have sex hes an idiot!

They did though!
Sep 9, 2012 11:18 AM

Mar 2009
Post-Josh said:
audiodoll, what a girl.

thats me

xlRevanlx said:
more like, what a troll :/

it's not trolling if it's true
Sep 9, 2012 11:20 AM

Jan 2011
audiodoll said:

it's not trolling if it's true

For whom?
Pages (26) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

25 by alban123 »»
Oct 17, 9:21 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1447 by thugnation1337 »»
Oct 6, 6:26 AM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

746 by Boopry »»
Oct 1, 8:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.