Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2012 12:32 PM

Nov 2011
The first episode was interesting enough, though horror was a bit misleading. Felt more like a supernatural romantic comedy etc. Or maybe not.
Apr 9, 2012 12:35 PM

Mar 2011
bonifide said:
Well im depressed her name is Yuuko. Every time i hear her name im going to think about how Clamp fucked up my Yuuko from XXXHolic. Either way my Yuuko in my signature is sexier. LOL

The show is entertaining so far.
Completely agree.
Apr 9, 2012 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
This isn't a simple matter of changes to the way the manga opens.

They've completely SKIPPED the opening.

Apr 9, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure if someone mentioned it but both the opening and Yuuko look like scrapped Jigoku Shoujo stuff. Seriously, the opening screamed Jigoku Shoujo and Yuuko looks exactly like Enma Ai in different animation style. Not to mention that I keep getting Haruhi or Another/other-generic-mystery-ghost-romance anime vibes from this. Don't even get me stated how much do Teiichi and Momoe remind me of Satoshi and Satoko (Higurashi) design wise and Keiichi (ironically nearly the same name) and (mature) Satoko or Rena nature wise.

Considering that I still have no idea what this will be about (aside from finding out what the hell Yuuko is, which is a given and hopefully not the only focus of this anime), this episode didn't leave a good impression on me. NOTHING in this anime feels original and from what I've seen, it seems like most of the charatcers will be predictable and cliche with already predecided role that has no chance of changing during the course of the story and with clearly predecided couple (aka The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya feel).

In short, we have a mysterious female lead with abilities unlike anyone else looking Enma Ai, a sweet and kind male lead that was chosen by the female lead and is a love interest of the female lead, an emotionally cold female character who can be oblivious to everything because she understand the power of main female lead and an overdedicated but kind of clueless female charatcer with crush on the male lead. I don't watch anime like this (for obvious reason) but even so I can think of MANY anime that would fit this description easily. I'll watch one or two more episodes but I don't have high hopes.
Apr 9, 2012 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
what's with all these girls this season being such seductresses! i mean... MY BODY CAN'T HANDLE THIS!
Apr 9, 2012 1:22 PM

Nov 2010
I think I'll make a kind of expectation guide for TasogareXOtome :

What you shouldn't expect :
- Another "Another"
- Excessive Thriller
- Gore

What you should expect :
- Mystery, duh. In details, it's pretty linear and focused to Yuuko and mysteries around her death.
- Comedy, although it had much less in the latter story.
- A little bit of horror, but more like psychological rather than your usual horror trope.
- Drama and Romance, especially more in the latter story.
- Decent characters, good relations between them, and awesome atmosphere.
- AWESOME YUUKO.
(Her voice suits her very well...And her "Nekomimi!" voice is golden. Seeing animated Yuuko made me really happy.)

For conclusion, I suggest people to watch at least up to episode three to check the "supposed to be the first" episode and see where will the story directed to in the episode three. For me, I loved Tasogare's manga for it's dark atmosphere (but not bland), romance, drama and anxiousness to see how will the story wrapped up in the end. Tasogare supposed to be getting better the more you watch it.

I just pray that this won't had any original anime ending, since the plot is linear and had no conclusion at all if not finished till the very end. I hope they just cut it there with "to be continued" and continue later in the S2.

p.s It's kind of funny that many people comparing Sankarea and TOxA many years ago and now they are aired in the same season :p
Apr 9, 2012 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
MissileSoup said:
The first episode was interesting enough, though horror was a bit misleading. Felt more like a supernatural romantic comedy etc. Or maybe not.

Once again, it was tagged horror for a reason, and the reason is not shown in the 1st episode obviously.

If they do this right, it can be down right creepy.
Scruff said:
I think it's trying too hard to be the new Bakemonogatari.

Which part do you even think it even close to Bakemonogatari? facepalm....
Panaru said:
This isn't a simple matter of changes to the way the manga opens.

They've completely SKIPPED the opening.

Not skipped, but postponed to another episode as a flashback episode. And she appearing earlier in the first episode won't effect any continuity of the anime.

Basically this is like Highschool of the Dead's anime, where they changed some chapters so the Buzusima's chapter can fit into the anime. In the end it didn't affect anything.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 9, 2012 1:33 PM

Sep 2011
That was a very good first episode. I liked how they repeated the first scenes with Yūko visible. Also the music is gorgeous.
Apr 9, 2012 2:27 PM
Oct 2010
just watched, didnt like how it starts but it was pretty good. those two girls shouldnt be around right now. doesnt tell you how keichi and yuuko met. wonder if itll be a flashback on how they meet, they didnt even introduce the 7 mysteries. or how theres a new school and an old school building :l

wonder where this will go
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Apr 9, 2012 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
The art is amazingly beautiful! The voice actors fit the characters very well. The scenarios are very well done.

Though I'm wondering if they're going to end the anime as a filler and not follow the manga till the end...

The like how the art is developed more in the anime, then the manga.

-------------------------

I love it when I'm reading or completed a manga, and then start watching its anime adaption.
Apr 9, 2012 2:35 PM

Apr 2011
Funny first episode. I'ma keep watching this series :)
Apr 9, 2012 2:59 PM
May 2009
I'm betting a later episode will give the backstory for the meeting between Yuuko and Teiichi. I've seen plenty of anime do that and usually it's not a bad thing.
Apr 9, 2012 3:02 PM

Jan 2012
thats was a nice episode, wonder what those bells are for!!
Apr 9, 2012 3:10 PM

Feb 2009
This is one guy who doesn't mind being hunted lol!
Apr 9, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
Well, this isn't what I was expecting from this anime but I must admit that it's pretty funny. You don't usually see prankish, horny ghost-girl in this kind of series (~_^)
Apr 9, 2012 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
I've been waiting for this anime for months, and after the ending of some series I was watching I am in need of some series than can glue me to the screen. This one might do the job, and I quite loved the first episode.
I am not sure about the ecchiness in it, but the mystery is overwhelming!

5/5 for this episode.
Apr 9, 2012 3:33 PM

Jan 2010
Even in death, women are sexualized.. Wonder why I'm not even surprised :/

I liked the showing two points of view thing, it didn't bore me like it normally would so that's good. But seriously, if they start pushing the necrophilia down my throat I'm going to be so pissed.
Apr 9, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2011
really good episode, interesting anime.
Apr 9, 2012 3:58 PM
Dec 2007
Very good first episode, similar to Natsu no Arashi (also co-directed by Shin Oonuma) but in much more mystery-oriented.

By the way, the singer of the ED is the legendary Aki Okui that sang the two best songs ever featured in a Gundam : Turn A's "Tsuki no Mayu" and "Kagiri naki Tabiji" (music courtesy of Yoko Kanno of course).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 9, 2012 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
So far, so good. They sure skipped an awful lot though
Apr 9, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
great episode .. I liked it very much ! direction felt like bakemonogatari ?
I liked how they repeated the first scene with and without Yuuko
I will definitely stick with this .. 5/5
Apr 9, 2012 4:16 PM

Jan 2012
Very good episode, even though it will be quite confusing for non-manga reader. Hope that they will do at least some introduction later on!
Apr 9, 2012 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode :D

love how they repeated the scence with yuuko.
They sure skipped a lot, but theres no helping it since its an anime.

The characters animation was wonderful. I'm really picky about art ;p

Overall : 10/10, sticking with this show for sure.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Apr 9, 2012 4:27 PM

Feb 2012
I didn't think of how they would actually start this, I read the manga so I wasn't confused about who/what/when/where but it was actually an interesting method to introduce it showing Momoe without Yuuko visually appearing, afterwards with Yuuko in all her beauty.
You already know Momoe likes Teiichi, Teiichi likes Yuuko and Yuuko loves Teiichi, also the tension between Yuuko and Kirie. They have the club, there are many ghost stories in their school, Yuuko is involved in them and Yuuko was once a student and is now a ghost with no memory of her past. At last, they teased the mysterious shadow which will probably be the climax of this show.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the art, they didn't get Maybe's art style as close as possible. The colours and the eyes of Yuuko (and Kirie) are gorgeous though, I also like how they included the silly situations and faces.

All in all I'm very impressed, I had high expectations and they didn't let me down. I'm looking forward to this one. my favorite this season besides Sankarea.
Apr 9, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2008
I hope that they only changed the introduction episode and from now on the story will go back and mostly follow the manga. If not then the wannabe writer that changed the script should be kicked out of his job - if he wants to find fulfilment then he can write his own stuff and not ruin the works of others :/
New profile design sucks.
Apr 9, 2012 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
next episode will probably and hopefully, be the chapter 1 adaptation due to the title.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 9, 2012 5:23 PM

Feb 2010
Yuuko looks like an older version of Ai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2012 5:26 PM

Nov 2008
It seems like they are taking their own approach, which is somewhat different from the manga. And although I am reading it and up to date with it, I'm watching this because the animation is great and I can't wait for the pool/beach episode.

Also Kerie looks great! I hope they animate the school festival arc!
Apr 9, 2012 5:35 PM

Dec 2011
I loved Okonogis freak outs. Im excited about this series. A mystery/horror anime with a lil bit of humor! :D

Great OP song!
Apr 9, 2012 6:16 PM

Dec 2010
This show surprised me, and definitely in a pleasant way; the chemistry between Teiichi and Yuuko is great especially that phone conversation XD; looking forward to more of this :D
Apr 9, 2012 6:28 PM

Jul 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Swifteh said:
Seems interesting, reminded me of Sankrea but rather than a zombie girlfriend it's a ghost.
That's basically it. Except I would question the level of comedy both have as in hard to compare. IMO Sakarea has more than this but hard one to judge even for me.

this one definitely has more comedy for me, at least before that thing shows up. Sankarea has that feeling of a ticking time bomb which keep up the tension no matter what type of scenes that throw at you. Whereas in this one it's more fun seeing Yuuko doing her mishaps and how she does them.

kaimax said:
MissileSoup said:

Once again, it was tagged horror for a reason, and the reason is not shown in the 1st episode obviously.

If they do this right, it can be down right creepy.

I think there's one shot in the first episode which shows "that thing". Though I still have no idea where would be a good stopping point for a 12 ep anime series.
jerozApr 9, 2012 6:39 PM
Apr 9, 2012 6:46 PM

May 2011
This was pretty good. At least there weren't any slow, boring moments like Another and it's pretty interesting. Not to mention I got a big art lover's gasm with all the gorgeous animation. It was beautiful!
Apr 9, 2012 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
liking this

Apr 9, 2012 7:39 PM
Dec 2009
kinda didn't like how they started episode 1, but only cause i read the manga of it that i know whats going on, and if i didn't i'd find this episode much more interesting, looking forward to the next episode.. hope it follows the manga.. wish it did from the get-go though, would have found it more interesting than how they skipped quite a lot of parts
tag©.androgynous
Apr 9, 2012 9:03 PM

Aug 2011
So... I'm still unsure about the exclusion of ecchi and harem in the tags.

But it was interesting anyway.

I'm for it.
Apr 9, 2012 9:26 PM

Oct 2009
I love the manga. So i'm rooting for my beloved Yuuko.
But art isn't conving enough. I don't think they can get the manga's style but i guess can work with this.

As for this story, waiting to see how they handle everything
Apr 9, 2012 9:27 PM

Feb 2012
Is this anime the another of the spring 2012 season? Perhaps resembling the way another was portrayed?
Apr 9, 2012 9:28 PM
Aug 2011
Not bad.
Apr 9, 2012 9:29 PM
Jan 2011
10/10 for the first episode. Im about to rewatch the episode and I rarely ever rewatch short anime. A very well put together show.
Apr 9, 2012 9:35 PM

Nov 2011
This show will be very interesting. To see a live human boy fall in love with a ghost >_>

But very comedic too! best scene is in spoiler xD. Probably has been posted somewhere already

Apr 9, 2012 9:55 PM
Apr 2011
Ecchi, Harém.
Dropped.
Apr 9, 2012 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
zonbidesu said:
Ecchi, Harém.
Dropped.

It's not a harem.
Apr 9, 2012 11:47 PM

Sep 2010
Gotta say... I'm realllly put off by the whole not starting at the beginning bit. I'll prolly give it a few more episodes to see if it rights itself back to the proper track but... well considering its only gonna be 12 eps long and the mangas not even complete... and with the poor execution of the 1st episode... my hope meter for this show is dropping rapidly :(
Too bad too since after reading the manga I was rly looking forward to this one T^T

Though... I'd really like to see how they handle the shadow. That thing actually earns the horror tag on its own lol.
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Apr 9, 2012 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah, read the manga and they skipped a lot, but they'll probably explain in the next episode.
Good adaptation so far though.
Apr 10, 2012 1:23 AM

Jun 2008
pizza_012 said:
Is this anime the another of the spring 2012 season? Perhaps resembling the way another was portrayed?

FACEPALM

holypoop said:
if they start pushing the necrophilia down my throat I'm going to be so pissed.

Necrophilia is for "dead bodies" not ghosts... lol

----------------------------
Why do people think that "it's skipped a lot" it's obvious that they will go back and retell the first events. You guys lack experience...

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 10, 2012 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Last 5 minutes were decent...but repeating that long ass scene was a total waste of time, not something you want in a 12 episode series :/
Apr 10, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2011
I liked the way they introduced the president...have one half without the ghost and then showing the first half again with the ghost. It worked great, but they shouldn't overuse it in the next episodes.
Also this could be a show where I really wanna read the manga...especially since the anime will be lasting only 12 eps.
Apr 10, 2012 3:35 AM

Mar 2009
I will watch this for Yuuko. Yes, I'm shallow.
Apr 10, 2012 3:52 AM

Aug 2010
Well, I certainly didn't expect this to be something funny, but Okonogi had her moments. I loved the concept and execution of the different perspectives, I was hoping for it halfway through the scene, it was great to actually get it.

I really like Yuuko's character so far. The OP (well, the ED technically in this episode) is probably my favorite of the season. What's with all these awesome ED's this year? 5/5, loved every aspect.
Apr 10, 2012 3:54 AM

Aug 2011
Stark700 said:
zonbidesu said:
Ecchi, Harém.
Dropped.
It's not a harem.
Except for the part where there are 3 girls who want one dude. So yeah. It's a harem.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

572 by Kodreyu »»
Oct 1, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 6, 2012

105 by little_raven »»
Jul 28, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Shih - Apr 29, 2012

147 by little_raven »»
Jul 28, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 22, 2012

152 by little_raven »»
Jul 27, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

222 by anizawa89 »»
May 23, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.