Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2009 10:33 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The final episode was so bad. Everyone is a bad guy and they all die. That's so lame. What with the end ? The woman just open the door ??? Come on, I knew this serie was bad but I was hoping to have at least an exciting punch in the end.
Mar 11, 2009 5:46 AM

Feb 2009
Also, the last scene was a huge opening as well? Who was at the door? This series became a disappointment.
Mar 11, 2009 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
well the ending with the door opens many possibilities, but I didn't like the episode either. It went from "Let's save the Miko" to "Everyone's evil and needs to die!". I would've been better off not watching this one and stopping at episode 4, or at least that is my view of it.
Mar 11, 2009 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah they should have just finish the tournament and that's all. I hoped they won't do a second season because of the door scene.
Mar 11, 2009 10:06 AM

Oct 2007
fire_star007 said:
I hoped they won't do a second season because of the door scene.
LOL who know? there might be even a third season ^_^

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 11, 2009 10:08 AM

Sep 2008
OMG they must completely change the story of the serie if the want to do a third season.
Mar 11, 2009 10:33 AM

Mar 2008
This anime was a disappointment from beginning to end. The ecchi level wasn't even good compared to Ikkitousen.

So in the end, that tournament was just a vengeance ? That's completely stupid, especially because Aya wasn't guilty for the past events. At least, i enjoyed Aya's mother appearance, i find them quite sexy ^^

They certaintly will not do a new season for that, that would be a waste of money.

I give it 5/10 because i'm very kind, and well... some girls were pleasant to watch ^^
Mar 11, 2009 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
it felt like they just made things up as they go. plus the way she killed them was kind of poorly animated. the whole thing just felt sour.
Mar 11, 2009 3:05 PM

Dec 2007
This did have the potential to be halfway decent (at least for what it's trying to be), but the last episode just killed it. If they'd just stuck with another fight or two, it would have been fine, but they had to instead spend almost the entire episode explaining some cliched soap opera-esqe revenge conspiracy. And they didn't even fit a proper fight in there!
I could have even tolerated it if they put some effort into setting it up, but they dropped only vague hints that can hardly be called foreshadowing.

Oh well, it was at least somewhat entertaining for 4 eps. 5/10
Mar 11, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
ya the ending was fucking weird. when her mom said the crystal is incomplete though for a second i thought she was going to kill her daughter >.>
Mar 11, 2009 5:04 PM

Sep 2008
I think she need to kill Natsumi's mother to complete the crystal. That must be why we saw her open the door and be affraid at the end.
Mar 11, 2009 6:43 PM

Mar 2008
it makes a change to see a ending like this one.
Mar 11, 2009 7:40 PM

Jan 2007
I found this episode to be very entertaining. I mean, sure, it was really bad with all its twist and such but I totally got a kick out of it. And strangely enough, I kinda want more. Show gets a 5 from me for all its lols.
Mar 11, 2009 10:23 PM

Feb 2008
I'm sure that it was either Aya or her mother on the other side of the door when it was opened.....she looked afraid 'cause she knew that she was about to die..my two cents.

Either way....the story kinda sucked the whole way through but there was plenty of nipple action throughout the whole show to have made it worth it.
Mar 13, 2009 3:35 PM

Jan 2009
Ah well you all have to admit the ending itself (if it was an ending) was pretty unique. I did found it kind of entertaining overall, hell i was even crying from laughing at the crap that should be the explenation of the story.

I'm giving it a 6 just because they made me laugh more than some of the comedy anime i watched.
Mar 19, 2009 8:56 AM

Feb 2008
Oh lol for last episode and actually whole series. Even Ikki Tousen was better
Mar 22, 2009 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
What a great ep!! I have never thought that such a lame anime would turn out in something so marvelous! :D
Yeah Ilove dark past and vengeance :D, fake frendship :D
I hope that Aya will become devil , it would be more interesting like this. What a shame that there are only 5 ep.

Hell yeah, this anime made me feel like : I wasn't wasting my time by watching it :D Even thought I don't understand some meaningless parts :D I just love it :D

And Aya's mother is soo amazing :D Whish my mother can be like that *joking* * joking*
Mar 23, 2009 3:21 PM
Dec 2008
hehehe, time for my rant
this whole episode threw me off

but whatever, i'll deal with it, i never expected much anyway but i REAALLYYY wanted to see what would happen after that door opened, even if its half assed like the rest of the show (refuse to watch a sequel unless its totally revamped). It probably only annoys me cause the only interesting thing I'll remember about this anime is Natsumi's revenge bent mom (should have brought her out earlier, love her she passes her time at home, wait... why is she blushing???), the door being opened and then the ending music similar to Ga-Rei Zero(kick ass anime btw) being played, just cause of that this anime gets a 6 from me, otherwise its a 4
Mar 24, 2009 1:02 AM

Jan 2009
ya I just finished watching it and it was horrible, the begining of the anime starts off fine, but then turns to BS. I mean natume and her family "pretend" to like aya for that long. also, what i dont get is, was the crystal heart a magical item or just a crystal heart b/c its still not complete at the end, making it seem that its important but i thought the whole purpose of the tournament was to sell women. I also do not get the relations of everybody and why Miko entered the story. All in all it starts off light hearted (friendship) then turns into a giant clusterf*** (sry for swear word) anyway, series is a waste of time, unless you just watch the first 2 episodes

p.s. ever since she fought the teacher, i was always wondering if she would actually be alright, b/c you feel sorry for her, but agian with the horrible ending just makes me even more frustrated with the series
Mar 27, 2009 5:53 AM

Jun 2008
whats with the hentai-like plot?
Sep 27, 2009 6:49 AM

Sep 2009
the ending was just messed up

>.<;

could have used a better fight scene as well

Oct 18, 2009 3:43 AM

Nov 2008
Not bad.
They tried to cram too much into only 5 eps.
The ending was a bit messed up.
I don't believe the final scene was meant to mean anything more than that the last person needed to pay for her part in all of this also.

I gave it a 3
Dec 9, 2009 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
OMG
This final episode was last nail in coffin.
On ep.4 i was thinking "hmm when the last episode will be very good i could give to this series 7/10". But no. When it was some classic cliché like: beat villian and rescue friend, then it will be 6/10. But NOO.

4/10
NujinApr 17, 2010 1:06 PM
Jul 18, 2010 5:01 PM

Jun 2010
All the twists for twists' sake in this episode were hardly great writing (anybody can play bait-and-switch), but this ending was a lot more interesting than the "power of friendship!" ending the rest of the series would logically have gotten. Uniqueness has some intrinsic value.

And it did manage to bring up slightly interesting stuff about inherited guilt and hatred. Also, the "you're aren't as good a person as you think you are" angle was pretty interesting and I wish they had given it a more through/competent treatment. Aya's supposed sins aren't that terrible considering the people she hurt were trying to do the same thing to her. And regarding the unloaded gun trick; trying to kill someone telling you that you should die is perfectly sensible.

There were a few more interesting things, like Aya’s uninformed denial that her father was a terrible person, thinking of her treasured single picture of him. It’s like it’s saying a photograph only captures a single moment and that can’t tell you anything about a person.

This finale kind of reminds me of Old Boy.

I think some of you are misinterpreting the last shot. Surely the only possible interpretation is that Aya has come to kill Kumi, but it ends slightly open not to bait for a sequel, but to show that things aren’t over. The entire last episode is about conflict carrying on into the future so leaving it open like this makes sense.
Aug 27, 2010 8:05 AM
Oct 2007
My feelings after watching this series...
Mar 9, 2011 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
Lol wow. I actually liked this ep a lot o_o
It was kinda unexpected twist but i did have my suspicions about Mika, Natsume and their mother and Aya's father/mother but i liked the whole dark story in it. It was pretty stupid like the rest of the episodes as well, but i had fun ^_^

But i would like to know who was it on the door step and what will happen to Aya now...

Well overall 5/10.
Mar 15, 2011 10:12 PM

Aug 2007
Wow! I haven't seen such a horrible, contrived and just plain bass-ackwards ending like that in a long time. To me it was just awful, not even hilariously awful, just plain /facepalm WTF bad.
I don't give a flying pantyshot about who's on the other side of the door!

I give the overall series a 4/10, 1 for each of the first 4 episodes.

Tamago to chikai wa kudake-yasui.
Mar 31, 2011 1:17 AM

Jan 2010
I actually didnt hate this anime until the last episode.. I went from giving it a 7 to a 1. This ending has to be the worst I have ever seen. I wish they would have just ended the tournament and called it a day. Why couldnt this just be a typical anime where everybody goes home happy. I mean seriously losers sold as slaves. All of her "friends" sercretly hate her and want her dead. This was a waste of my time seriously.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

May 3, 2011 2:12 PM

Nov 2008
That ending was, like, a soap opera level of bad. Betrayal after betrayal and shocking revelation after shocking revelation.

It was awesome in a horrible kind of way.
Aug 6, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
oh well overall it wasn't that bad although we didn't quite get the last episode
Oct 12, 2011 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
Terrible ending for a terrible series, at least the artwork wasn't absolutely terrible as well...
Dec 24, 2011 3:46 AM
Jun 2011
Wow, I've never seen a twist so poorly executed in my life. This has got to be one of the worst endings to a show I've ever experienced. The series was okay and I would of given it a decent 5/10 or a 3.5 at least, but this just plummeted it down to a 1/10, hell it doesn't even deserve the one.

Truly awful, truly.
Jan 21, 2012 4:21 PM
Aug 2010
All scene in building at begining to ending was full of asininity! And 'cos my marasmus-meter blowed up after mother's truth.

3/10 overall. Good idea and terrible realization. Poor animation and stupid included.
Feb 15, 2012 10:22 PM
Feb 2008
what a TWEEST!
Shamayalaybaldlon would be proud
Mar 2, 2012 10:19 PM

Dec 2011
Any anime I could watch well mashing my controller with two screen in front of me aren't going to be good, but it is not bad enough that I will rather focus on the screen with the game than try to focus on both. That is for To Heart: Remember My Memories.

Well, as for this episode, I find it ironic that Aya's mother can say such nonsense when she is the one who started the "Since your relative kill mine, I will start targeting your children! XD" crap and start to involve innocent people and sell them off as sex slave instead of going after the man who commited the act, truly amazing.
Vita-Mar 3, 2012 1:13 AM
Mar 17, 2012 12:54 AM
May 2011
The ending was hilarious, I gave the show a 5/10 It was rather meh, but ep 5 gets a 10/10 for how utterly terrible it was
Jun 4, 2012 12:37 PM

Jun 2008
This was just hilarious. The whole thing was never good, but the random ass-pulls in this episode were a new level of terrible writing.

Funny thing is that the initial idea and a lot of the attempts the story made, particularly the reveals at the end, could have actually been really good and interesting. The premise wasn't really flawed, it was just a horrible execution from start to finish.

I don't even know how to score it. In one way I enjoyed it because of how bad it was, but...it was so bad. And not the HSoD intentionally So Bad It's Good, either. Like, I think the writer thought it was good.
Aug 14, 2012 9:52 PM

May 2008
That ending.

That f**cking ending.

I didn't expect much from this series anyway but to have this whole episode to have that kind of ending pissed me off. Screw this entire series.
Jul 10, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2012
Hahahha oh jesus that ending was WAYYYYYYY out of left field but nonetheless overall the show was hilariously bad and fun to watch.
Sep 25, 2013 8:20 AM
Oct 2012
i was toatally surprised by the ending but it was probley unrealalistic at best. don't think there is anymore to say everyone is dead!!!!
Dec 15, 2013 12:02 AM

Jun 2012
That was the stupidest shit I have ever seen, 10/10.
Jan 13, 2014 11:01 PM

Jun 2010
Holy shit.

I just can't.
BURSSS BURSSS BURSSS SWAG

-GMCFosho
Apr 21, 2014 2:49 PM
Jun 2013
wow this ending was bad and not good bad just bad bad.It made no logical sense and felt like it was done just cause they wanted to be dark for the sake of it.The revenge made no sense.Aya didint even do anything.I will say I got a chuckle from how easy their necks were broken it was almost comical.
May 14, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2012
The anime is not that bad. It deserve much more than 5.16
Sep 13, 2014 8:23 PM
Dec 2011
This show was all about revenge and how if you travel down that path, it won't be good. I know Aya didn't have anything to do with what happened to the others parents but isn't that the way it is in real life, killing doesn't make sense whether it is some kind of honor killing or terrorists that try to kill people just because they are who they are. They set it up very nicely, It was all there, you just had to put the pieces together. I thought it had something interesting to say, even to those people who are afraid of boobs.
Oct 12, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Global score 5.. huh, way overrated. 3/10, it was so lame.
Jan 9, 2015 2:42 PM

Feb 2011
Jesus
Aug 2, 2015 11:55 AM
Aug 2015
I hated this anime I feel more sorry for Miko and Natsume
I hated Aye's family in this story
Oct 26, 2015 8:55 PM

Dec 2013
this was terrible, but i think it deserves a bit of credit tho. at least the art was decent LOL

this show could've been decent if put in the hands of a half decent writer and animation studio. it definitely had potential...

it also seems i was the only one who kinda enjoyed the last ep. but maybe that's because i had the 'it's so bad it's good' mentality. LOL
the mum was pretty badass tho xp
Nov 10, 2015 12:55 PM

Jul 2015
This anime made me laugh so hard!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ Episode 3 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 23, 2008

11 by NoviSun »»
May 4, 2021 11:53 PM

Poll: » Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ Episode 4 Discussion

Siva - Feb 4, 2009

6 by syncrogazer »»
Mar 16, 2019 6:51 PM

Poll: » Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ Episode 1 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

25 by syncrogazer »»
Mar 16, 2019 7:08 AM

Poll: » Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ Episode 2 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

22 by Gator »»
Nov 21, 2017 4:02 AM

» New series subbed Platonic Heart

slayer545-sama - Dec 11, 2008

7 by subdesu »»
Dec 18, 2008 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.