Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2008 12:25 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SUBS are out! Great follow up to #4! More elements and more characters are in. Another challenge to Edgar to prove he is the Blue Knight or give up the sword if not than his life will be in danger most likely.

Great stuff! Edgar is back with Lydia! Shows her a very nice painting! Really well done painting but makes me feel weird of why kiss a painting? Art obsessed?

The introduction of the new fairy MeriGold was great! I especially liked her transformation from fairy to loli form was great! Kawaii fairy!

The ring she had was stolen by Kirpi that Ltdia introduces us as someone that she knows but also he wants her back in London. I have some doubts that he might be that black wolf and if so who is his master? Kirpi from the looks of it can travel through water. Interesting.

The party was GREAT! Lydia in the dress is amazing! I LOVE the design of it! Another cute dress for Lydia! Great! ALSO love the design of it.

LOL at Raven and Lydia when they practice dancing since Lydia is clumsy in dancing but I know she will learn.

Was pretty nice to see some jealousy of Lydia towards Edgar when he was dancing with another woman.

WANT TO SEE #6 to see what happens after the letter with A NEW ENEMY that challenges Edgar to prove his Blue Knight status.

HIGHLIGHTS!

Kirpi stealing from the fairy the ring+he must some power that imitates the thing while the real one is taken by hiim. CHECK HIS EYES!

Edgar was doing fine Lydia until Raven interrupts again+Is Edgar trying to be ecchi with that grape????

Very nice painting+I found it just weird that Edgar would give a kiss to a painting.

Lydia in her practice dancing dress looks like a nice maiden+when she falls on Raven I found it LOL.

Great introduction to the fairy MeriGold! LIKE HER CHARACTER!+Like her chibi human form! Look like a loli!

The new enemy that challenges Edgar's authenticity of Blue Knight. They symbol is a red moon.

Lidya in her new dress IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING!

Nice gentleman introduction to Lidya at the party!

Another beautiful painting!+Edgar dancing with another woman made Lydia a little jealous.

The new guy Kirpi sure looks cool+he also got guts to lift Lydia robe up! Nice slap of Lydia after that.

Kirpi is also believed to be a water element.

LOVELY dance with Edgar and Lydia. Really changed my opinion about EDGAR since #4! Edgar you BETTER not betray Lydia and marry her!

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT EPISODE! We will meet the other fairy!

angel999Nov 13, 2008 7:52 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 13, 2008 6:15 AM
Aug 2008
The woman in the painting looks like Lydia. Lydia is soo pretty =)
Nov 13, 2008 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
It was nice.. hmm
It's good to see this different arc... And I loved Paul x3 He's so cute..
And Edgar still rulles... *.* "It seems my future wife now hates me" xDDD Only he..
Kelpie.. Is basically an idiot =D But it will be nice seeing him...
And that fairy in the end is que queen? O.o She doesn't look a little bit like how I imagined her...
Nov 13, 2008 1:49 PM

Oct 2007
The moment kelpie lifted up Lydia's dress I knew he was going to be super awesome. I'm like instantly in love with him already XD

Each episode makes me like edgar less and less. he's too sneaky.
Nov 13, 2008 5:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
awesome episode...I wonder how many episodes this series is going to be...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2008 6:05 PM
Nov 2007
This episode really improved my opinion of the show. I've been enjoying it, but I think the characters got more interesting this ep. I love kelpie. "Floundering on land ain't good for an aquatic horse!" So funny. And he seems to have at least some genuine feelings for Lydia.

Another favorite exchange of mine--"It seems my future wife hates me now." "Many men have wives who hate them." "That gives me courage." LOL! So hilarious. I'm believing Edgar though when he says he has real feelings for Lydia. I'm looking forward to how he manages to convince her that he actually does want her, especially after we learned how hurt she was when those boys tricked her back when she was a kid.

I'm hoping the rest of the eps are this good...
Nov 13, 2008 6:50 PM
Oct 2008
Good episode slowed down a little bit to introduce some other loves for lydia, and does a good job to give some action in this episode as well it continues to be well paced not slowing or going any faster then it needs to be
Nov 14, 2008 10:25 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
katsup said:
The moment kelpie lifted up Lydia's dress I knew he was going to be super awesome. I'm like instantly in love with him already XD
And it helps, of course, that's he's voiced by Koyasu Takehito XD Yum~ <3

Dorothea said:
I'm believing Edgar though when he says he has real feelings for Lydia.
See? And I can see exactly why she doesn't believe him, although he must have feelings for her given the storyline. He doesn't act like he does - he acts like a spoiled earl, is what he does. Giving her a flower, and yet eagerly dancing with every woman... and how he reacted when he heard about being the bridegroom of a fairy? :P He's a total player, and while players are generally charming, it's very difficult to be in love with one :(

Thus, I think Raven suits her much better. Or maybe I'll just keep him for myself XD

Oh, and, uh.... why did they forget that the ring was kind of stuck on Paul's finger? Shouldn't they have been thinking about removing it, rather than dancing happily :P They dropped the ball on that one...

And where'd Mamoru go? :( Or is this scarlet moon thing all involved with him :O
Nov 14, 2008 8:34 PM

Jun 2007
Wahya Koyasu Takehito in another awesome role x3

Lol yeah they totally forgot about Paul having the ring.

Edgar is so charming but i also want RavenxLydia (oh wow my first time not wanting the 'obvious' couple together). Raven was the cutest when he didnt know how to answer Lydia about her dress and then said "Oh sorry. Its beautiful".
Nov 15, 2008 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
i love this anime so far
Nov 15, 2008 6:29 AM

Oct 2008
yay for kelpie! hope he beats some serious sense into john/edgar/w/e you wanna call him next time around
Nov 15, 2008 5:14 PM

Sep 2007
Ugh. Edgar really pisses me off even more now. At least I'm liking Raven more. And Kelpie's pretty cool. I admit, I squealed when I heard Koyasu Takehito's voice =D
Nov 16, 2008 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
The serie is well done so far, the fifth was better than the first episodes.

Nov 23, 2008 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
This epsidoe was great, especially compaired to the last one. Keipei was hott, Raven was hott, Paul was not, and Edgar was hottttt!! Hahaha... Woo, hott episode!
Dec 1, 2008 9:08 AM
Nov 2008
kelpie is funny ...you would be tempted to say that he's stupid..but actually i believe for now kelpie is very devoted to lydia..coming all the way to take her with him...and also refusing to eat humans for her sake..kawaii
Dec 1, 2008 10:19 PM

Sep 2008
Yea lets all act normal when someone is threating your life..
Dec 4, 2008 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
this is getting interesting... kelpie guys cute. hahaha and with that love talk with edgar.. hahaha
Jan 7, 2009 8:07 PM
Jan 2008
Kelpie looks neat. I love obsessive men!!! Although I am still voting for Edgar. Aside from the romance aspect what a great storyline, enough going on to keep me interested, enough romance to make me look forward to future encounters, and enough action to keep me voting for the good guys or are they villians?
Jan 27, 2009 7:44 PM
Aug 2008
Kineta said:

Dorothea said:
I'm believing Edgar though when he says he has real feelings for Lydia.
See? And I can see exactly why she doesn't believe him, although he must have feelings for her given the storyline. He doesn't act like he does - he acts like a spoiled earl, is what he does. Giving her a flower, and yet eagerly dancing with every woman... and how he reacted when he heard about being the bridegroom of a fairy? :P He's a total player

I actually don't think so. Edgar is not a modern character. He belongs to a very different social world.

Nowadays, people dance at clubs, and there are very few barriers between dancing and sex.

In the Victorian time period, at the gentry social level, dancing was as important as being able to shake hands. The young, eligible, able-bodied bachelor host of a gathering would be very rude if he were to refuse to dance.

Plus, even when women want to marry men who are virgins, those women generally like the feeling that they are out-competing their fellow women and getting a husband who is desired by many women. If the Earl were a man with few social prospects, his fairy doctor would be more eager to find a different man. Since the Earl can obviously take his pick of beautiful young women, his fairy doctor has to consider him seriously.

If the Earl abused his position by making out with more than one woman but still trying to marry a respectable woman, then I would have no respect for him.
Jan 31, 2009 5:29 AM

May 2008
I like the horse guy. And all the terms have really made me wiki'ing around.
Feb 12, 2009 2:52 AM

Jul 2008
katsup said:

Same here~! xD He's just too cool~! >D
And to be honest... o.O I didn't like Edgar in first episodes but now... I don't know why I started to like him xD a bit, but still... xD
Dec 27, 2009 7:20 AM

Aug 2009
katsup said:

Each episode makes me like edgar less and less. he's too sneaky.

Exactly my view. Kelpie's <3
And Edgars NOT. But somehow, I DO want Lydia to end up with him.
Jan 1, 2010 9:03 AM
Jul 2008
A nice episode.
Jul 12, 2010 3:42 AM

Dec 2009
Kelpie was so funny when he lifted Lydia's dress XD..
Jan 31, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2010

He didn't deny it. Fishy fishy~ >.<
Lydia's defensive instincts is LOVE

Oh? Raven x Lydia? I never thought of this couple. Looks good in the dance practice. *blush*

Raven's honesty is so cute. Grrrr~

When Paul got the ring I was like LMAO. Kelpie is so bold haha

Another LMAO. And what's with the fairy queen? Edgar is Lydia's!!
crimsoncrystFeb 2, 2011 12:40 AM
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
May 25, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
Getting interesting now. Cute episode. :)
Aug 5, 2012 5:35 PM

Jul 2012
the lydia's dress is the most simple of all party
Oct 19, 2013 9:57 PM
Aug 2011
This series isn't that interesting but at least it has good seiyuu.
Apr 25, 2014 5:41 AM

Aug 2013
Seriously, i just dont think Kelpies' appearance fits his personality. I guess i'll get used to it xP
He just seemed so cool at the very start when he stole the moon, but at the party he just suddenly were a different person!
But he looks really cool, and kelpies are kinda like that irl anyway.
Jul 27, 2014 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
Loli fairies? Count me out...

...out of reasons to put this off any longer, that is.
Aug 17, 2014 12:33 AM

Oct 2012
so, the newbie is a kelpie, a river spirit that takes the form of a horse. they lure women and children to ride on them, but once they are on their backs, their adhesive skin makes escaping impossible when the kelpie drags them to the bottom of a river to drown.

i personally thought he was hilarious. the fact that his voice actor sounds like the same guy that voiced gimtama from gintama, ilpalazzo from excel saga, and aokiji from one piece makes it even better! XD

also, the ring getting stuck on that poor boy's finger made me giggle.
Aug 13, 2017 6:28 PM

May 2010
More romance-oriented episode this time, and it was indeed quite cute! New guy is totally handsome >w<
Aug 23, 2017 7:52 PM

Jul 2016
New guy is a hottie (@^◡^)

The fairy who thought her ring was a moon was super cute

Edgar has yet to grow on me. I'd find someone like him obnoxious in real life.

Poor Raven having to dance with clumsy Lydia.

I found Lydia more likeable in this episode. I think the anime would end up better if she actually went for Raven rather than Edgar but oh well.

When Lydia wore her hair in a bun it was cute. I think she should've had it in a bun the whole series. Plus it is a fitting style for the time period the show is set in~ you don't see /that/ many anime girls who wear their hair in such a way.
Oct 19, 2019 9:09 PM
Sep 2017
I like Kelpie! Right now, he and Raven are my favorite characters. However, I also like that Lydia continues to call BS on Edgar’s over-the-top flattery. He just doesn’t come across as sincere to me. Maybe that will change later.
Jul 2, 2020 7:36 PM

May 2017
I seriously don't know what's happening anymore lol Kelpie is cool I guess. Lydia just kind of... exists?? She's barely done anything since becoming the Earl's exclusive Fairy Doctor😒

Side note, I really hated the punk flower that Edgar gave to Lydia at the ball to signal that she was his dance partner... she was wearing YELLOW flowers in her hair and on her dress! Why give her a PINK flower? It didn't go well at all.
Dec 31, 2023 9:17 PM

Apr 2017
Honestly, the scene of Marigold singing as the kelpie watches her is more intriguing than everything else in this anime. Really, it's the fact that none of the characters are really appealing. I legit hate every scene that Edgar is in (except the sword and mermaid scene of course), and I didn't even think that was possible. Maybe I should eventually just drop this anime, because nothing about it appealing. They have some scenes that grab you, but the anime isn't focusing on those scenes. It's focusing on Lydia and Edgar, and they're by far the weakest part of this already lackluster anime. Lydia barely has a backbone, and Edgar is just an annoying creep. Their romance isn't compelling at all, and their characters aren't compelling. I find myself more interesting in other characters and the lore around other characters.

I don't respect Raven as a character at all, because his entire character revolves around servicing Edgar. Though I'm intrigued about his backstory and his sister. I was interesting in the Merfolk, and I'm interested in Marigold having the moon. I'm also interesting in the Queen of Fairies as well. I will say that side characters absolutely can enhance the plot. In a very well written story, you're as invested in the side characters as you are in the main characters. Though if I don't find the main characters interesting and only want to see that side characters, than that's a problem...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 6 Discussion

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

31 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 9:44 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 4 Discussion

angel999 - Oct 31, 2008

41 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 31, 2023 8:07 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 14, 2008

57 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 30, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yosei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sheepdude - Sep 29, 2008

90 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:49 PM

Poll: » Hakushaku to Yousei Episode 9 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Dec 4, 2008

32 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 5, 2023 1:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.