Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2012 2:27 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had forgotten how big of an asshole a celestial dragon was.
Apr 29, 2012 2:29 AM
Jun 2009
still waiting for HD..
Apr 29, 2012 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
Funi streams are good enough for me.
Apr 29, 2012 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
Shirahoshi follows the path of the epic.
All is well.
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Apr 29, 2012 6:32 AM

Aug 2009
And of course some people have the nerve to criticise Jimbei's decision. Stupid people are stupid.

And damn Otohime is so selfless towards others...even taking a bullet for a Celestial Dragon. But it bugged me when Otohime received only one wound from all those shots. I guess she could've avoided some of them when she rolled the Celestial Dragon towards the ship, but still she should've received a lot more damage.

And the Celestial Dragons are such dicks. This brings up a few things: First, all the members of the Sun Pirates received amnesty IE all the slaves. What right would the Celestial Dragon have to go and take them back himself? Maybe he was acting alone and because of his status no one would have pressed charges on him, but I wonder how much actual power the Dragons have? They cannot have an admiral destroy a town just because they order him to do it and I highly doubt the government would risk war with another nation just because one dick did some stupid shit in their country. Still they are all wealthy families with a lot of money and influence, so I could imagine them having the recources to get some navy troops to do whatever he wants.

Anyway, the second point is when the Straw Hats were at Sabondy Park the first time, they could've just stolen Caimie away at the auction house instead of hitting the Celestial Dragon in the face. I doubt he could've summoned an admiral just because someone stole something from him. A navy platoon at most, but even so. I still think it was so stupid for Luffy to punch that guy, even though he deserved it, a lot. But when you look at the big picture, it was so stupid!

Now where was I...oh yes! The episode!
Shirahoshi revealed to have Seaking commanding powers fit the canon pretty well and is a really awesome trait to have. Think of how much destruction you could havoc with all the seakings in the vicinity at your fingertips! Normal navy ships don't have a chance. Vice admirals on the other hand would put up a good fight, but theres like 100 of those and who-knows how many Seakings in the sea, so they are still screwed. Think of the possibilities...

And Otohime goes to the surface with the dick. Even though he could care less about her being a queen. What is stopping the Dragon from taking her as a prisoner and turning her into a slave? I don't read the manga, but this is a fairly predictable thing.

Oh yes. I love how Vander Decken says "I suppose" after every statement he makes. It's funnier than it should be.
Apr 29, 2012 6:55 AM

Dec 2011
I really hate those celestial dragons. I wanted that guy to die.

Shirahoshi is quite interesting. She can control the sea kings.
Apr 29, 2012 8:30 AM

May 2010
Wow man i cant stand the C dragon's cant wait till they get what coming to em was sick to see the sea king brust out of nowere and be like yo what you thing you do in that was priceless
Apr 29, 2012 9:21 AM

Oct 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awpVM7WsPSk
Based on this preview,I say we got 2 more episode of this flashback left.

You know,I'm glad Otohime protected that thing.I want it to be alive when someone finally decides to go HELLRAISER on their stuckup ass.I believe it'll take a Dragon to bring these Dick-gons back down to Earth of their high horse.Death isn't a punishment,all it'll be is a freedom from punishment.
Yeah,now anime watchers know the power of Shirahoshi.I'm just saying this:That power is more important than you might think.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Apr 29, 2012 11:44 AM

Jan 2012
This episode strengthened my hatred for the Celestial Dragons
Apr 29, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
Gah, I hate the celestial dragons so much.

And unless they tell us that Otohime died in the next ep, like how she died, then it's actually possible that she's still alive.

Apr 29, 2012 3:03 PM

Mar 2010
Good episode yet again. I hate those Celestial Dragons, I wonder how many of them there are. I can't wait until we are introduced to more of the big players. I have a feeling we still have a ton to discover in the One Piece universe!
Apr 29, 2012 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
SSJLuffy said:
Good episode yet again. I hate those Celestial Dragons, I wonder how many of them there are. I can't wait until we are introduced to more of the big players. I have a feeling we still have a ton to discover in the One Piece universe!

Do you read the manga?
Apr 29, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
Queen Otohime is to much of an idealist, I want that celestial dragon prick to die.
Apr 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
It's like every time I see a Celestial Dragon appear, my hate for them grows more and more. >___>;
Shirahoshi though took me by surprise, those Sea Kings. *-* I actually enjoyed this weeks episode.
5/5
Apr 30, 2012 12:28 PM
Mar 2012
Really loved it.
Apr 30, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
celestial dragons are needed for the balance in there universe ....
its same in our world but those are lesser a ashole .....
Apr 30, 2012 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
My theory on the Celestial Dragons:

1 - Notice that they wear space suits
2 - Remember that it has been mentioned that "they created this world"
3 - Note that they have the right to call out the Marine to destroy places
4 - Think about what a very strange world the One Piece world really is

My speculation is that the One Piece world is totally artificial, likely an artificial planet, and that the ancestors of the Celestial Dragons were the Planetary Engineers who created the artificial planet some time in the distant past. The spacesuits have become a symbol of their ability to create a planet in space. And as such, their descendants, as decadent as they are, still control some key power over the artificial world and use that control to get what they want. Otherwise, some warlord or ambitious Marine Admiral would have disposed of them long ago.
Apr 30, 2012 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
dbaranyi said:
My theory on the Celestial Dragons:

1 - Notice that they wear space suits
2 - Remember that it has been mentioned that "they created this world"
3 - Note that they have the right to call out the Marine to destroy places
4 - Think about what a very strange world the One Piece world really is

My speculation is that the One Piece world is totally artificial, likely an artificial planet, and that the ancestors of the Celestial Dragons were the Planetary Engineers who created the artificial planet some time in the distant past. The spacesuits have become a symbol of their ability to create a planet in space. And as such, their descendants, as decadent as they are, still control some key power over the artificial world and use that control to get what they want. Otherwise, some warlord or ambitious Marine Admiral would have disposed of them long ago.

??????
Actually,they're descendants of those who created the WORLD GOVERNMENT,not the actual world.Which is why they're so "highly classed" above anyone else.And space suits?They don''t want to breathe the same air everyone else breathe.
So,they're basically stuck up nobles (pricks) who think they're better than everyone else just because they're descendants of those who created the world government (can't wait to find out about the Void Century) & the WG,including the Marines,treats them better than everyone else.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
May 1, 2012 3:13 AM

May 2008
Makes me wonder if there is any good Celestial Dragons out there, Since all of them are assholes so far. Man Otohime is epic as heck . Also Hordy with snort coming out of his nose was win :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 1, 2012 12:12 PM

Mar 2010
CaptLuffy said:
SSJLuffy said:

Do you read the manga?

Nope. How good does it get?
May 1, 2012 12:49 PM

May 2010
man. i honestly thought he was just going to shoot her in the back and say something like "how dare you put your dirty hands on tenryuubito you lowly FISH MAN"

good episode though. i wish we could hear what luffy has to say about all this already. he has been sitting silent with his head down for the past 5 or 6 episodes lol
May 1, 2012 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
Casperkid said:
man. i honestly thought he was just going to shoot her in the back and say something like "how dare you put your dirty hands on tenryuubito you lowly FISH MAN"

good episode though. i wish we could hear what luffy has to say about all this already. he has been sitting silent with his head down for the past 5 or 6 episodes lol

Jinbei has bored him to sleep...
May 1, 2012 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
Oda just makes the Celestial Dragons extra hideous so we hate them more...it works well.
May 1, 2012 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
SSJLuffy said:
CaptLuffy said:
SSJLuffy said:

Do you read the manga?

Nope. How good does it get?

Right now it's getting pretty interesting in the current arc, we're a while after the Fishman Island Arc. Anime is pretty far away from manga, and you still have a LOT of action waiting for you in FI arc.

Anyways, nice episode, I almost forgot about that CD guy and how much I hated him... will be interested to see what happens next, but I hope these flashbacks don't last too long.
May 4, 2012 5:55 PM
May 2012
It was em... OK
I just hate that 6 weeks without a fight.
The memories is great and all but I need more One Piece to it ....

The Celestial Dragons is just assholes...
Like everyone said, I forgot how much the Celestial Dragons is assholes ...
May 6, 2012 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man.. next episode is going to be tough to watch ;_;
Sep 5, 2012 5:36 PM

Jan 2010
Otohime made it on my list of most hated annoying anime characters. Did u see how she talked to the former slave fishman? She acted like she knew How it feels to be a slave what a cunt queen! Im not gonna feel any symphaphy for such a stupid queen! Celestial Dragons aren't humans! They are fat douche that even have human slaves . If there is piece to be found than all marines, world gov, celestial douche and prick pirates have got to go!
Dec 15, 2012 8:21 AM

Mar 2010
The queen can be a bit to forgiving..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 20, 2013 9:11 PM
Oct 2012
Boring...terribly bored
Jun 24, 2013 12:24 PM

Sep 2009
I assume all celestial dragon are dicks. If there are any that are not one, then sorry for stereotyping.

I would kidnap the celestial dragon one by one quietly and explode them together all at once. I doubt the Navy care that much about them too.
Jun 25, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2013
omg. *facepalm* - , - how freakin FORGIVING can Otohime be >:c i hate her so much just for defending a Dragon. she puts that piece of trash ahead of her own people, who were slaves to that one faggot. out of every human u could defend, u choose a Dragon. One Piece makes me rage soo mcuh sometimes, but its all worth it if the guy gets their ass wooped. ex: Bellamy, the Dragon in Saboady, and the Fake Straw Hat Captain -_______________________- but awesome how an anime can have this much of an effect on my thinking.
Jul 10, 2013 1:22 PM
Feb 2013
The Queen has some guts, I can say that much
Nov 10, 2013 7:53 PM

Jul 2012
Wow.I cant describe this episode this was my most hated fucking hated of my long life fucking episode of the YEAR! I cant undertand how the fuck would you show mercy to a celestial dragon.Oh and the queen omg.. you i dont care about her anymore .she can die . this is the type of person i hate .i had to facepalm as hard a i would crack the world in 2 because of this. my god i never had this frustration so much in my life .I just want to get in one piece kill every fucking person that need to go away.
m
Feb 10, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2012
Zell182 said:
Oda just makes the Celestial Dragons extra hideous so we hate them more...it works well.

^^^^
The Queen is so zen... I could never be like her XD
Feb 16, 2014 11:35 PM
Jan 2014
For those questioning her motives, this arc is following loosely based events in history which aimed for equality. She is a Queen playing a King so to speak.

The Queen can be annoying at times and her approach isn't bulletproof but she is a visionary and her idealism should be applauded even though we live in a world of pragmatism.
Dec 26, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next one

Feb 25, 2015 2:23 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
Man these celestial nobles get uglier and uglier the more of them get introduced. I swear.
More kudos to Otohime-sama for reminding the men that children were watching when they were trying to gun down the celestial.

As for those sea kings. That was terrifying.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Jul 1, 2015 2:53 PM

Jun 2015
why are all the celestial dragons so ugly.....serves them right

I wanted that fucker to die a treacherous death
Jul 30, 2016 11:11 PM

Mar 2015
I like how they make every single Celestial Dragon look like the other side of a public toilet just so we can hate them more
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 10, 2017 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
Otohime is such an idiot. It's not even a matter of the Human-Fishmen/Mermaid relationship being bad, the Celestial Dragons just seem to be scum and can't be trusted (although perhaps there are good Celestial Dragons, we've only seen a few so far).
Aug 13, 2017 4:39 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
WolfWood37 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had forgotten how big of an asshole a celestial dragon was.

How to forget that? They are the worst of the worst -.-

Oct 2, 2017 2:40 PM
Oct 2017
Why cant anyone see the genius that is Oda in this episode? Cant you see what he is trying to say?? Does it have to be spelled out? Ok here goes

Every body on Fishman Island reacts similarly to the presence of the Celestial Dragons, seeing him as the piece of shit he is, and wanting retribution for all the shit their kind had to go through. But do you see the impulsiveness of their behavior? They want him to suffer and die, much like how all of the people watching him want him dead.

Now Otohime enters the scene. Keep in mind that Otohime has a very high level of Observation Haki, So to people saying she does not understand shit, yes she may not know what happened, but she can feel the pain of others around her as her own pain. Remember Coby in Marineford??

She is able to remain rational and sane even though she experiences all their feelings, not to mention her own, and think of the larger picture, think of what could be the consequences of people's actions. Otohime is an embodiment of an empathetic ADULT. When everyone around her is behaving from their emotions she is able to keep her priorities straight and able to act accordingly.

It is understandable and normal for people to hate the ones who are assholes. But it is also very easy for that hate to become a systemic problem, and Otohime sees that.

Have you guys seen how Luffy has behaved throughout the series?? He fights against people because of their actions, but he never truly hates on the people themselves, because hate on people leads to prejudice. He shows that time and again in the series.

So take a step back from your emotions and see what is being shown.
Oct 20, 2017 11:17 AM

Feb 2013
Otohime is too good, how can she save that "thing", because calling it scum would insult scum.
Oct 19, 2018 11:00 PM

Jul 2014
I didn't think I'd see more useless and annoying characters than Vivi and that girl in skypea, but here we are, the absolute worst fucking piece of shit of a character I've seen. The queen.

Why?

Reason

1)She tells people who were enslaved and shot at by some piece of shit who STILL HAVE SLAVES that they should listen to her, a noble who has had everything and doesn't know how the world works.

2)She is almost killed by the tenryubito and then proceeds and gives herself away to him.

What a fucking imbecile of a queen, if she is a queen she should know what the tenryubito have done and do, seriously I cannot mention enough times how stupid this woman can be.

Is Oda even sane? how does he think that anyone would think that this character is good in any way?

The king is a fucking pussy by the way, he should've told his wife to fuck off and then killed the fucking fat asshole who just threatened to kill his wife.
Jul 27, 2019 5:18 PM

Jun 2016

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsJul 27, 2019 5:39 PM
Jul 28, 2019 3:50 AM

Nov 2012
It's hilarious looking at this thread's comments once you see one of the most recent episodes.
Dec 12, 2020 10:17 AM
Nov 2019
Shirahoshi calling those Sea Kings was amazing! They were huge! Let's see how this flashback ends, it's been quite interesting.
Dec 31, 2020 5:16 AM

May 2016
What I was surprised about the most in this episode was how Otohime wasn't killed by that Celestial Dragon despite all those close calls. It looks like the moment where she meets her demise was saved for the next episode and it looks like I'll have to put my guard up in response to that.

On another note, Shirahoshi's Sea King Call was awesome!

Jun 4, 2021 3:56 AM

Jun 2019
Man, these celestial dragons are disgusting AF. How can I forget that?
Apr 16, 2022 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
Otohime's heart is in the right place, but that blind idealism is definitely not going to end well.

On another note, I'd actually be interested in seeing a legitimately cool Celestial Dragon. I know they're meant to be pompous low lives, but I don't want to hate them anymore than I already do. At least with the Navy, I can respect the greats like Garp & Aokiji. Hell, I even like Blackbeard as a villain because of his unparalleled malice & ambition. With the CDs, all I see now is...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 68 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Aug 13, 2009

52 by TheStarscream759 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

54 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

85 by GT1Studios »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

76 by KyoyaTempest »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

72 by Biisoo »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.