Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I guess this episode could be taken more seriously than the cringefest that was episode 7.

Akane showed a more sincere side to Hayato. Episode also happens to take place around Christmas season so there's the holiday spirit. They didn't forget about the maids part of this anime and building more into their cafe's reputation. Some of the drama is cooled off though.
Aug 22, 10:26 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to Stark700
Well, I guess this episode could be taken more seriously than the cringefest that was episode 7.

Akane showed a more sincere side to Hayato. Episode also happens to take place around Christmas season so there's the holiday spirit. They didn't forget about the maids part of this anime and building more into their cafe's reputation. Some of the drama is cooled off though.
@Stark700 you say cringe fest for episode 7, I say peak. We are not the same.
Aug 22, 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
Siren Ami sent me lol

But a girl who looks like that while eating her burger is truly marriage material

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
Lmao bro forgot everyone birthday. Worst boss ever. 😂 we FINALLY got an Akane episode, best girl no debate. One of my fave recent Goddess Cafe episodes no doubt. Just always feel like the chemistry between she and Hayato is so natural and they feel like the only proper adult relationship of any of the girls. All their interactions are mature and sound like an actual real life relationship.

The shopping date was cute, but I liked how Hayato handled meeting Akane grandma the most. Instead of getting all flustered or being nervous he just stuck to his convictions and even someone like her had no choice but to respect him, just like she respected his grandfather.

Glad they explored some of the realistic aspects of marriage too, it ain’t just a romantic fairy tale, it’s a business decision that can alter the trajectory of an entire bloodline especially in Japan. Would Hayato marry into her family or vice versa, either way someone leaves behind something. Akane’s strategy of making Hayato fall so deeply in love that none of that matters is a winning one methinks ❤️

The comedy wasn’t too over the top in this one, just some serious relationship building between my two faves and I loved it. We’re also gradually getting all the grandmothers from the original cafe now show up in present day which is cool
Marinate1016Aug 22, 11:11 AM
Aug 22, 11:00 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to Marinate1016
Lmao bro forgot everyone birthday. Worst boss ever. 😂 we FINALLY got an Akane episode, best girl no debate. One of my fave recent Goddess Cafe episodes no doubt. Just always feel like the chemistry between she and Hayato is so natural and they feel like the only proper adult relationship of any of the girls. All their interactions are mature and sound like an actual real life relationship.

The shopping date was cute, but I liked how Hayato handled meeting Akane grandma the most. Instead of getting all flustered or being nervous he just stuck to his convictions and even someone like her had no choice but to respect him, just like she respected his grandfather.

Glad they explored some of the realistic aspects of marriage too, it ain’t just a romantic fairy tale, it’s a business decision that can alter the trajectory of an entire bloodline especially in Japan. Would Hayato marry into her family or vice versa, either way someone leaves behind something. Akane’s strategy of making Hayato fall so deeply in love that none of that matters is a winning one methinks ❤️

The comedy wasn’t too over the top in this one, just some serious relationship building between my two faves and I loved it. We’re also gradually getting all the grandmothers from the original cafe now show up in present day which is cool
@Marinate1016 There will be repercussions! ROFLMAO.
Anyway, I still say Akane is best Girl!
Aug 22, 11:06 AM

Apr 2022
Best episode of season 2 so far and not because of Akane, but the romance was on point, dialogue was just perfect, comedy was simple and not over the top. I hope next episode is just as good or better with Riho.
Aug 22, 11:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow missing a friends birthday by two whole weeks is quite bad. Given the damage they inflicted on the door an invoice was always a guranteed consequence. Quite the thing that Akane wants from Hayato though. The meal though sure was a tough one for him as well. Akane's gran really was a bit too overbearing. The heirs of families sure have it tough huh. The photoshoot of the girls immediate predecessor's was pretty fun. Loved the expansion on Akane's character though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 11:31 AM

Mar 2021
Hayato really should try harder to remember the girls birthday's not remember them weeks after. Akane's grandmother is certainly a very interesting person to meet.
Aug 22, 12:04 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Even though Akane has made some progress by spending time with Hayato, I still think Ami is going to win somehow.
Aug 22, 1:15 PM

Jun 2017
Quality time with Akane.I liked the glimpse of the past of grandpa with the tweeting birds
Aug 22, 3:24 PM

May 2019
Man, if there's big issue with this series is that each girl is beautiful and each has their own unique personality and charm. I recall Akane making a move in S1 and a bunch of fans calling her best girl and here she is again straight up asking Hayato to marry her... I think she has the prettiest eyes from all of them but it's not a decision Hayato can make on the fly. Also, Akane's grandmother is something else with the way she had bodyguards kidnap both Akane and Hayato, wth was that?? lol.

Aug 22, 5:15 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
A great episode for Akane, I was thinking this one would be more Kiku tailored since they were shopping for her birthday, but it was later revealed they were going out on the day of Akane’s birthday, bro just got brain damage from falling through the wall three times, and speaking of that actually did come back around as an expense, guess it was just delayed lol. And although I wouldn’t say Akane is my best girl exactly because it’s so hard to pick one, I really respect her plays of absolutely going for it with Hayato, she knows that if she’s going to win she’s gotta make some big moves, and although Hayato is putting up some opposition, I think Akane is putting some cracks in it.

Also, despite how serious Akane was, I did like that Ami just casually said “let’s get married”, don’t you tease me with the secret Ami route like that lol. And I had a feeling we’d be meeting Akane’s grandma, but not via kidnapping lol, I’d be pissed about this but this did get us Ouka riding on Ami’s back with an emergency light on her head so I’ll allow it, they just looked all day too which was revealed at the end lol. And I gotta give it to Hayato, I probably would have just said I’d put Akane first, but saying to just make it to where the situation won’t happen is even smarter. And I was also very happy to see that flashback sequence, this is probably as close as we’ll get to getting a spin-off with the grandmas so I really liked it, they really are just like the current harem, except back then they’d be cranking The Beatles or The Beach Boys, I do that now tho lol.

And that very last bit with Akane was very very nice, Hayato played that very smart, and I think that was the best way to answer Akane at the moment without saying she wins for sure, but once again I respect her plays, I think she’s the most likely candidate so far because of her efforts.
Aug 22, 6:34 PM

Jul 2022
You have to be a bit of a bad person to remember someone's birthday weeks later and then ask another person for help with their gift when that person is having their own birthday.

The Akane team strikes again; it's no wonder she's my favorite. I won't deny that the marriage proposal was something I liked, but I understand Hayato's hesitance, it was a bit rushed, not just in terms of time but also considering family ties. That might have calmed Akane down for now, but I doubt it'll be the last time she hints at it.

I feel that if he doesn't end up with Akane or Riho, it would be disappointing. For some strange reason, I sense that Ami might win, which wouldn't sit well with me. In any case, the "daughter ending" should be scrapped, and it should either end in a harem or with the girls' grandmothers, since they're identical to their granddaughters.
Aug 22, 6:53 PM
Jul 2023
Akane the best. I do like how Hayato sort of told her that she was coming on a bit too strong (or, to be more precise, a bit too strong too soon), but also yielded to her a bit in addition to talking about the complicated family issues. Might be the best episode of the season so far.

Whenever Akane has a larger amount of screen time, the anime seems to have a sense of maturity that breaks the mold of the typical harem rom-com that it lacks with anyone else. Lesser degree with Riho as well (and this might show up next episode given the preview), but Akane and Hayato are really enjoyable to watch.
Aug 22, 7:14 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode!

@Stark700, it is natural for healthy young women to go raunchy, eventually... for the most time, the five goddesses bless Hayato with their good-hearted nature.
leonardobarbaAug 22, 8:08 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 22, 7:20 PM
Mar 2015
Another grandma who used to work at Familia shows up after her daughter said she wanted to marry our boi Our boi refuses
Aug 22, 7:24 PM

Nov 2021
Akane focused episode, lets go. Love this show so much. Next episode looks like its going to be quite dramatic
Aug 23, 2:31 AM

Jan 2023
A really good and sweet episode for Akane whose place in Hayato's heart grows a little this week :)
Aug 23, 5:13 AM

Jul 2017
To forget Shiragiku's birthday after all this while, Hayato has definitely more trouble weighing on his shoulders.

Since Akane is the only one free, him bringing her to Kappabashi to pick a present, cutlery sadly is the only thing he knows best about Familia's cook. And thanks to Akane, Hayato avoided picking a bad one, and even got to have an early Christmas date with her...almost being compensation that her birthday is the same exact day before the day is over. Still, Hayato being a gentleman to fulfill his promise, and Akane wanting to be his wife, that's a tall order. At the end of the day, at least Hayato remembered, though to the chagrin of Shiragiku and everyone else being forgotten on the wayside. And of course, Akane is being serious about this, so there's no way to back down from that...while Ouka continues being a dork for her native naivety.

A sudden kidnapping of Hayato and Akane to the latter's place, with one of the former Familia maids of her mother Youko Hououji, she's a rather tough one after her own daughter spread the truth to her in a scruffy. Clearly, Hayato can't just thread on the topic of marriage that simply, and neither will Akane afford to just give up on her own family either. So while the thought is still there, Hayato has better things to take care of, though Akane's mother Akemi dealt with her own mother and the other grandmothers the same way when Hayato's father was around to take care of them back in their day.

If there's one thing to confirm, Akane may be one of the best girls, but she's clearly not going to win the romance game.
Aug 23, 10:02 AM

Aug 2022
I standby this but this show unironically suffers from being a harem anime, Those episodes were all the girls thirst over Hayato isn't bad but there just pretty average tbh, funny but nothing special. Its episode's like this which bring to light the true greatness of this show and its that each of the girls individually are actually really fun and interesting. (except Ami to an extent) and Hayato is actually a really good male mc imo.

I still think the show is leading to hayato being with Ami. Which is my the girl I'd last want him to be with but I mean at least he's gonna pick one.
Aug 23, 11:25 AM

May 2016
I find it funny that there are people concerned that Ami is going to be the winner, just like what happened in QQ, lol! Riho drama next!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Aug 23, 11:46 AM

Feb 2012
With a mini-recap of the hecticness, they've faced in the past 7 episodes, Hayato has missed Shiragiku's birthday. Can he still salvage this by throwing her a late surprise party?
He just brought a girl who genuinely likes him to buy a gift for her love rival, yet she endures until he finally gets the hint that today's her birthday, too.
Akane's winter outfit ❤️ she got a free date from this but he still insists on getting her a gift—marriage.
But at the double-birthday party, she is upfront about it, and now her rivals want the same.
Kidnap? Did Akane call her family to arrange a shotgun wedding for the two of them?????
Akane in a kimono 💕
So this did happen because she just had to tell her family about wanting to marry him, but there's no wedding, yet. Her grandma, yet another employee of Hayato's grandpa.
In the Akane-focused episodes, she's more forward about wanting Hayato, but Ami went further physically in her own episodes and shares a hair color with the future daughter, if the future wife is anyone but Ami, Hayato must have inherited strong genes from his grandparents (was the talk of who marries into who's family another point in favour of Akane???)
Speaking of strong genes, the old-timey flashback shows where Shiragiku got her weakness for alcohol from...
Fortress_MaximusAug 23, 1:48 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 23, 12:26 PM

Jan 2024
Akane propaganda was too strong this time, Riho gang(if any left anyway) our time will come next episode...

Akane grandmother was a bit annoying but Hayato handled her questions like a Chad as always. I won't let that situation happen is a very great answer. Last part of Akane was good, romance is kinda ignored since Riho development in the end of S1, and this was very well executed.
Feel bad for Kikuchan she got shafted bad this episode.
Sacchiko is so lovely in that flashback.
Ami and Ouka still running to find Hayato until next time too
Aug 23, 11:22 PM

Aug 2017
Akane still the best. But, I quite like Ami at this point too.

WaterMage said:
Hayato handled her questions like a Chad as always

Yeah Hayato really mans up when he needs to. Good MC

remetallized said:
Whenever Akane has a larger amount of screen time, the anime seems to have a sense of maturity

Yeah, she's the most mature girl. Good analysis. She outright pursues Hayato without wavering.

Alfredo-Sauce said:
I recall Akane making a move in S1 and a bunch of fans calling her best girl and here she is again straight up asking Hayato to marry her

She really deserves to win. Forthright girl like Nino in QQ (though I liked Ichika).

Narizor said:
I feel that if he doesn't end up with Akane or Riho, it would be disappointing. For some strange reason, I sense that Ami might win, which wouldn't sit well with me. In any case, the "daughter ending" should be scrapped, and it should either end in a harem or with the girls' grandmothers, since they're identical to their granddaughters.

The dark horse would be Ouka. I vote for harem ending always. Err how does it end with the grandmothers?
CarbonMDAug 23, 11:40 PM
Aug 24, 4:15 AM
Dec 2022
So this time it is the turn of Akane's grandmother making an appearance. The family looks old money and conservative perhaps. Still kudos to Akane to even propose to Hayato.
Aug 24, 10:45 AM
Jul 2023
CarbonMD said:

She really deserves to win. Forthright girl like Nino in QQ (though I liked Ichika).

Well also without being an asshole like Nino was for most of the first season. Akane was the first one to talk to Hayato with less animosity in the first season.
Aug 25, 3:03 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This f*cker better marry that girl one day dammit. Upfront and bold with her feelings, wearing her heart on a sleeve just like Nino from quintessential quintuplets was. Akane is more akin to Ichika, both in looks and in mannerisms, except a HUNDRED TIMES better as a character- and the same could be said when comparing the two shows as a whole. Like if cafe terrace goddesses were to be more like quintessential quintuplets, then freaking Ami would be the one to get married to Hayato in the end. And that's NOT gonna happen.... right..?

Anyway, if the next episode is indeed a Riho-centered one, maybe we'll see that she instead deserves Hayato more. I DID personally like Riho the best until now, but this episode kind of changed that entirely and put Akane center-stage. For now at least, it's no question. Akane has this in the bag with zero competition. I mean, how much better can you get than: "marry me"? And when Hayato tries to play it off as a joke, Akane just presses him harder and assures him that her feelings are genuine. And it's nice that by the end, Hayato finally somewhat wavers, stating that a marriage between him and Akane could in fact, be in the cards one day.
BetaMaleUltraAug 25, 3:17 AM

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Aug 26, 2:05 AM

Jun 2021
Afraid of a full c-word holiday season episode, it was instead something different, and better too. Akane got even more development, possibly even too much, and with such a grandmother / mother combination now it seems harder for her to win despite how direct she is already when it comes to the topic. Kidnapping seemed scarier than it actually was, even for a show like this it wouldn't have gone into such dark territories

Shirakigu really got the short straw this time, and according to a really well made 1961 flashback, alcohol problem just runs in the family.
Aug 26, 11:32 AM

Aug 2017
Reply to remetallized
CarbonMD said:

Well also without being an asshole like Nino was for most of the first season. Akane was the first one to talk to Hayato with less animosity in the first season.
@remetallized Yeah, correct on both counts.
Aug 28, 9:04 AM

Apr 2018
Akane showing why she's best girl
Aug 30, 10:35 AM
Nov 2022
I'm seriously thinking about being #TeamAkane
Aug 31, 1:57 AM
Oct 2019
In the flash back they say welcome to Cafe Familia, but wasn't it his grandmother who came up with the name after spending some time Italy or something?
Sep 3, 12:08 PM

Apr 2013
So we can check the next grandma visit on the list, she was quite a bitch I have to say.
Sep 5, 3:08 PM

Oct 2017
Loved having more Akane focus. Girl already proposed to him, we gonna get that marriage right? Was nice celebrating Shiragiku and Akane's birthday together.

The short bit with the past story was nice as well, their grandmas all look like them. Young Sachiko has Kitou Akari has her seiyuu as well.
Sep 19, 6:37 AM

May 2020
I like Akane but yeah, as a rule of harem, the best girl never wins. So...

Also man, they even let the same VA's of main girls voice the younger granny's lol. Truly a granny-verse xD
Sep 29, 5:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol forgetting both Kiku and Akane birthdays, but Akane wants to marry Hayato, which is not surprising at all but Hayato being kidnapped by Akane (violent) grandmother was the surprising part lmao, I also liked seeing more backstory of the grandmothers back then
Oct 4, 11:10 PM

Jul 2023
Which is why important dates like that must be put on a planner/calendar.

Akane's grandma is icy.
Oct 8, 4:41 PM

Jul 2021
This was the perfect opportunity to say yes! UUUGH
Stupid harem shows.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19

77 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 14, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12

48 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 13, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 18

43 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 4

60 by FragmantLemon »»
Oct 11, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29

37 by JaniSIr »»
Oct 9, 3:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.