Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Seriously, it's about time the actual tournament itself got me somewhat excited. There has been so many distractions but this latest episode featured a more competitive vibe. Miyuki has an important role here with her squad.

Episode feels kinda rushed though. The background events are continously pushing for conspiracy...
May 24, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
This episode feels rushed to be honest.
Well well Stark Also felt that way.
Miyuki the star girl of her squad.
Next Week is going to be excited.✨🔥
Ricky16May 24, 8:06 AM
May 24, 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
new key visual and pv for third and final arc of the season, which begins next
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/574817
tsubasaloverMay 24, 10:08 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 24, 9:31 AM
Feb 2022
This is one of the problems with this show it's kinda rushed well till next episode
May 24, 9:45 AM

Feb 2021
I'm really curious about that one shot in the OP near the end where it shows Miyuki's smiling faces in broken glass shards.
Wtf, they were planning to test these things against the students, right? I'm pretty sure everyone would be frickin dead if Tatsuya didn't do something. Or wait, I guess the parasites only acted like that because it was Tatsuya and they would've been a lot more forgiving when fighting regular students...
Long scene after credits.
Damn, so Gongjin Zhou was behind everything since the start of the series. (Pretty sure I was supposed to already know this?)
Ohhh, I really like the detail of Tatsuya holding his right arm after healing Kuroba's.
May 24, 9:49 AM

Dec 2021
Wow, what a surprise—Tatsuya defeated the parasite dolls with ease... wow. At least make it make sense instead of just giving him a suit that magically beats them effortlessly. It was probably explained better in the novel, but you know the anime doesn't really care about that, does it?

Anyway, the big bad who's been pulling the strings since the first season is finally making his move. Here's hoping this final arc will actually be good and wrap up the season well.

May 24, 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Tatsuya's suit though looks badass. Still given their capabilities the risk of injury to the girls would had been pretty high had they encountered the parasites. The prime four sure were lethal for sure that was complemented nicely by their teamwork. Still no match for the Tat/Pixie teamup though. In the end im glad that things were resolved successfully. Saeki's method though was bold. Too bad the puppetmaster got away.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
They gotta stop with these 5 minute long mahouka episodes 😭. Swear Steeplechase arc went by in the blink of an eye, how are we already going into the last arc of the season.

I gotta say, with the way the mechanical dolls were hyped up, it was a little underwhelming to see Tatsuya just easily defeat them. Yea he had help from Pixie and the suit, but still felt a little anticlimactic considering it felt like “the end” of the magical high schools as we know it was coming because of these things just a couple eps ago.

Anyway, S/O pixie for being best girl in this arc and helping Tatsuya with the parasites. I really wish we got more of her in the anime.

Getting the Sakai confession on tape from Maya was a big power play by the JDSF staff. Kudou had a nice dinner planned thinking he had succeeded just to have it interrupted with the announcement of his L. Like Grandfather like grandson I guess lmao. You love to see it. For now, magicians will not be used as expendable tools 👍

FINALLY looks like we’ll get a direct confrontation between Gongjin Zhou and Tatsuya in this arc. He’s been pulling the strings for so long now, hopefully the ancient city arc delivers. Only issue with this season just been the pacing at times.
Marinate1016May 24, 11:30 AM
May 24, 11:33 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good fighting episode, i was enjoying it.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 24, 11:40 AM

May 2010
I am very lost. What was the point of the Dolls. all 8 eps meant nothing to me.
May 24, 12:06 PM

Dec 2018
This has been a mostly bland show to the point that even the action is boring.
May 24, 12:11 PM

May 2021
felt a bit rushed and had 4 ep directors but they still cooked. really good ep and the action (especially the battlesuit) was great as usual.

new arc next!
May 24, 1:38 PM

Jan 2008
Snazzy-looking new "M.O.V.A.L. Suit", looking even meaner than all the ones he's worn so far. I wonder what that acronym stands for. Although I find it funny that in Japanese, V and B are occasionally interchangeable.

Even with the suit providing armor against magical attacks and enhanced abilities, it's nice to see that Tatsuya is still taking hits, getting shot, slashed, knocked down..etc, showing he's not absolutely invincible like usual (although he's pretty close to it, with his ability to revive)...or rather, how incompetent others are compared to him.

I find it funny that the military guys are asking why would a "monster like him" show up at a high school competition, meanwhile; they're the freakin' military conducting a top-secret combat field test experiment targeting the students at said high school competition, using their new weapons of war. The sheer lack of self-awareness...

Having Pixie in his ear giving him warnings of incoming attacks in real-time reminds me a lot of Master Chief with Cortana. It's too bad we didn't see the parasite dolls go berserk, or how the other students besides First High fared in the Steeple Chase obstacle course, but I suppose the post-credit scene of the Chinese dude escaping was more important, story-wise.
Estoy_GordoMay 24, 1:41 PM
May 24, 2:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to Aapjuh
I am very lost. What was the point of the Dolls. all 8 eps meant nothing to me.
@Aapjuh I don't know the source material, but it would seem to me that they're speedrunning/rushing through and there's tons of stuff they're skipping so it feels lacking in context.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2:31 PM

Oct 2017
What did they do to the suit. Action animation was okay. Tatsuya kicked ass and stopped the experiment. The competition arc was over very fast this time, no dance too. Anyway new arc next episode which is gonna last till the end of season.
May 24, 3:52 PM

Feb 2014
Tatsuya did what he does best, which is seeing him fight tough enemies and coming out on top. The parasite dolls did provide a decent challenge, especially the remaining four who were able to work together like a team, but Tatsuya, wearing his cool looking armoured suit, was able to take it in his stride and was able to finish the job without issue.

The action animation wasn't the best, but I think it did the job well enough to make the battles look good enough. Pixie played a great role in helping Tatsuya in dealing with any attacks that could've caught him by surprise.

I do look forward to the new arc, where I hope that Gongjin Zhou will finally get put in his place, which is easier said than done going by how tough he's going to be.
May 24, 5:24 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi beat the dolls with help from Pixie
May 24, 5:39 PM
Apr 2022
I hope this outfit will appear again because it looks epic
May 24, 7:52 PM

Feb 2019
the nine schools event ended a lot quicker than the back in the 1st season lol i guess they need to wrap it up so they can concentrate on the new big bad's arc, not to mention the internal conflict amongst the yotsuba clan's people.
May 24, 8:10 PM
Apr 2021
That suit is so badass and Tatsuya wearing it even makes it more badass. The parasite dolls were tough and Tatsuya did struggle but we know that nothing can stop him. Didn't expect the episode to show Tatsuya going on to confront Zhou. Can't wait for the next episode
May 24, 8:40 PM

Mar 2013
That ended on a nice note.

Tatsuya on the other hand can't brute force his way now, as he felt hopeless against the artificial robots. His power is losing, but thanks to pixie, he won.

Oh, yeah. Tatsuya can finally meet, and probably soon, Zhou, the ring leader of something.

P.S. Eimi getting jealous... 😳 Adorable.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 24, 10:27 PM

Mar 2007
Give an OP MC the latest power suit and we get Godsuya. Enjoyed the combat sequences, he made those dolls look incompetent. Every time you enslave something you're going to need to put controls on it and good controls in case it turns on its masters, those controls can easily be used by anyone who knows about them to shut them off, as Tatsuya showed.

Miyuki lucked out with that win, lol.

Who is this Zhou Gongjin?? He already seems like big, bad trouble.
May 24, 10:34 PM
Apr 2023
In the end the Yotsubas came up on top again.
Trivia:
Yotsuba (being a 'Numbers' family clan) means Yotsu = 4, and Ba or Ha = Leaf; which is technically the Clover leaf.
The Yotsuba's branch family 'Kuroba' has the word 'kuro' which means the color black, and the 'ba' which means 'wings', making them 'Black Wings' which is aptly so because they act as the covert group tasked of intelligence and in-the-dark operations of the clan. Also you can also consider the word 'kuroba' as almost the katakana spelling of the word 'clover' or kuroobaa; which as quite a nice touch hinting they are indeed part of the Yotsuba 'Clover' Clan.
May 24, 10:38 PM
Nov 2010
I'm not sure why but it feels like the tournament, First High School, and the students were all just backstory to Tatsuya stopping them in a nice fight. But I feel cheated. I really grew fond of all his classmates and even competitors from the other schools so seeing them as a backdrop was kind of a bummer. The fight itself was awesome but it took such a long buildup that already felt a bit rushed that the resolution was kind of a let down.
May 24, 11:02 PM

Feb 2013

All that build up for a rushed event with budget animation...
May 24, 11:43 PM

May 2020
This episode somehow made the last one, which was terribly paced and all over the place itself, look decent enough.
May 25, 3:46 AM
Jan 2020
8bit really do just put all of their efforts in Slime. Next season prolly comes out in like 5 years, Onii-sama truly can't catch a brake.

They're taking their sweet time animating all of those boring ass meetings in Slime and they're speedrunning through 4 arcs here
RonninnMay 25, 3:51 AM
May 25, 6:39 AM
Mar 2019
No more special ops shenaneegans. But, there is another shady character coming in. Is this finally a match for Tatsuya? Hmm...
May 25, 10:28 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to Embient
I'm really curious about that one shot in the OP near the end where it shows Miyuki's smiling faces in broken glass shards.
Wtf, they were planning to test these things against the students, right? I'm pretty sure everyone would be frickin dead if Tatsuya didn't do something. Or wait, I guess the parasites only acted like that because it was Tatsuya and they would've been a lot more forgiving when fighting regular students...
Long scene after credits.
Damn, so Gongjin Zhou was behind everything since the start of the series. (Pretty sure I was supposed to already know this?)
Ohhh, I really like the detail of Tatsuya holding his right arm after healing Kuroba's.
@Embient Same here. In the OP near the end, it shows many faces of Miyuki in broken glasses and some of the faces, she has an evil look
May 25, 9:42 PM
Jun 2007
As usual, Tatsuya being GOATlike.
May 26, 7:25 PM
Nov 2019
kompetisi sekolah selesai
My Candies :
May 29, 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
For Tatsuya to take this long to take out some dolls, they surely must be quite strong.

I just dig how complex this show is, so much planning and so many players.

And the action is still well animated even with so much going on. I really feared for the worst with this show but Im always pleasantly surprised.

Oh yeah totally forgot Tatsuya can just heal other people like that too.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 29, 3:13 PM
Jun 2023
i am in love with this anime
May 30, 8:39 PM

Dec 2020
Sheesh previous year's tournament was more exciting than this one. This ep was rushed to the maximum. Tho Tatsuya vs parasite dolls was a good fight tho quite dull
Jun 7, 1:44 AM

Feb 2018
We got some nice fighting stuffs with Tatsuya happening this episode, great assists from Pixie too.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 16, 9:52 PM

Feb 2021
He defeated them all easily XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 20, 3:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah Tatsuya is too good against these parasite dolls even though they seemed strong in their movements.
So I guess now the objective is to take down Gongjin Zhou
Jun 25, 10:37 AM
Feb 2021
what happened to those 3 insurgents from continental?
Jul 5, 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
This really is the lowest-stake anime I can think of. Even if Onii-sama would lose an arm, he could just shoot himself and it's back again.
Jul 25, 2:16 PM

Dec 2022
The parasite dolls don't seem too impressive when they fight Tatsuya with only a minor numbers advantage, but with how easily they're mass-produced and pitted against much lesser combatants than him, there's a reason Tatsuya was so intent on taking them out before the other students encountered them.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 28

63 by Bourriche »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

44 by lanfire »»
Sep 13, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

34 by lanfire »»
Sep 13, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

58 by lanfire »»
Sep 13, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

52 by adbeaver »»
Aug 19, 8:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.