Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
Gorou tells Aqua that he wouldn't let Aqua lay a hand on Sarina lol. The chapter basically sets up things between Aqua and Kana. Looks like there will be break after this chapter.
May 20, 7:49 AM
Jun 2021
Wow, I really loved that episode! It was so intense. The way the mc handled the situation was really impressive. Have you guys thought about how this might affect the story going forward?
ExternalWorldMay 20, 7:56 AM
May 20, 8:22 AM
Aug 2023
Aqua not thinking about how he feels about Akane seems like it's kicking it down the road. I think AquKana is doomed after this chapter.
May 20, 8:29 AM
Mar 2021
I think that after this chapter acquakana is 100% confirmed for the end BUT i think that we will see acqua rejecting kana and keep going to the end for getting revenge
May 20, 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
You loser if you’re going to tease incest stand on it. Fuck you Aka. Removing this from my top 10.
May 22, 1:24 AM
May 2012
Reply to Marinate1016
You loser if you’re going to tease incest stand on it. Fuck you Aka. Removing this from my top 10.
@Marinate1016 I'm with you on this one. Aka just went with the majority and that completely ruins this story.
May 22, 1:26 AM

Feb 2019
iBurn said:
@Marinate1016 I'm with you on this one. Aka just went with the majority and that completely ruins this story.

He knew exactly what he was doing too it’s so cowardly. I hate when authors fake us out with stuff like this.
May 22, 8:04 AM

Sep 2019
Guys it's happening. Kana fans rise up.
May 22, 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Looks like Aka's back to writing the story. It was fun while Ruby thing lasted. Unless Mengo somehow follows through it. She will right?

Anyway I have a bad feeling about this. Kana about to die? Or something gonna happen?
May 22, 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Marinate1016
Marinate1016 said:
Believe in Mengo. She can do it.
May 22, 8:16 AM

Oct 2021
Kana is seriously in love with Aqua and I am all in for it. I want them to be a couple, but everything's up to the creators. Sighhh... I can only wish... 😞... And, Dr. Goro is slowly fading away. It's good. Aqua can finally move forward. 😒

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
May 22, 8:21 AM

Nov 2017
ok, so Kana x Aqua is gonna be a thing now huh ??? i guess the author still sane after all lol
May 22, 8:51 AM

Jun 2014
The people above who are getting pissy because this seems to NOT be going down the incest route anymore are actually fucking weird LMAO πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ wanting romance between literal siblings? As Kendrick Lamar would say, you’re a F.A.N. πŸ«΅πŸ˜‚ genuinely seek help if your opinion of this series has become soured because Aka remembered it takes place in Japan, not Alabama.

Looks like Aqua x Kana people might end up taking the win here. I prefer Akane personally but I’m good with anything that doesn’t involve weird creepy incest.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 22, 9:07 AM
Jan 2024
I think Akasaka-sensei is finished with Oshi no ko. He seems to very clearly be rushing towards the finish IMO.
• get the inevitable Amamiya-sensei and Sarina-chan confrontation done
• let Ruby-chan meet Kamiki-san
• get Kurokawa-chan out of the running as a love interest
• Give Aqua-kun second thoughts about murdering Kamiki
• get Ruby-chan out of the running as a love interest
• clearly show that Aqua-kun has feelings for Arima-chan

Unless Yokoyari-sensei or their editor tells Akasaka-sensei to truck on, I think we’ve only got a few chapters left.
May 22, 9:08 AM
Jan 2024
MegamiRem said:
Looks like Aka's back to writing the story. It was fun while Ruby thing lasted. Unless Mengo somehow follows through it. She will right?

Anyway I have a bad feeling about this. Kana about to die? Or something gonna happen?

Wait did Yokoyari-sensei write the last few chapters?
May 22, 9:24 AM

Oct 2017
OtakuTroglodyte said:
Wait did Yokoyari-sensei write the last few chapters?
It's a joke ofcourse but who knows.
May 22, 9:59 AM
Dec 2020
We saving the Oshi no Ko with this one
May 22, 10:23 AM
Mar 2015
He has been offered love rather than revenge Will he take the knife?
May 22, 10:49 AM
Apr 2020
1. Yey! The Ruby x Aqua boat does not raise its sails! πŸ˜„
2. Noo! I was hoping for Aqua and Akane to be together... I mean I know nothing is set in stone but still... However, it's like everything has already been decided...
3. I pray for Aqua's happiness. I hope he doesn't choose that form of revenge...
May 22, 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
No Alabama plus Aqua X Kana confirmed 😍
Really nice chapter and finally some development between Aqua & Kana
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
May 22, 11:52 AM

Apr 2021
So the incest arc finally over?
May 22, 12:18 PM

Nov 2016
place yer bets kana gun dun raised a death flag
im with kana btw, but i just cant resist a tragic ending
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
May 22, 2:21 PM

Sep 2009
Rhetoriocal question but why the heck general audience likes tsunderes so much?

Whatever, my favourite girl lost anyway. Now I just want to see how ot actually ends.
May 22, 2:45 PM

May 2007
I'm actually really fucking worried for Kana, I always felt like the one Aqua choose had a good chance of dying so crossing my fingers I am wrong.

Anyway, if you think this is out of nowhere, go back to the game of catch Aqua and Kana had, that was when Aqua realized he loved Kana.
My anime list
May 22, 4:08 PM
Apr 2019
Dont care about the shitty revenge plot, but at least we know Aqua has romantic feeling with Kana
May 22, 5:21 PM
Oct 2020
THE INCEST IS OVER! TIME FOR KANA X AQUA!

I really like Akane too though but I'm honestly fine with anything.
May 22, 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
An interesting dream Aqua had lol, if it's gonna go the way as it's suggested, I'm pretty much right about my past hunches lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 22, 6:22 PM
Jul 2020
Kanabros,

We fucking won.

That’s it.

Thank y’all very much.

Today is a happy day!

And to the Akanebros:
May 22, 6:49 PM

May 2016
I see flags on the horizon...........
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 22, 6:55 PM

Apr 2022
kanabros back on top hell yeah, really hope neither of them fumble each other. i can see aqua self-sabotaging somehow, i beg he doesn't.
thebrentinator24 said:
As Kendrick Lamar would say, you’re a F.A.N. πŸ«΅πŸ˜‚
need to be put on neighborhood-watch lmfao.
May 22, 6:59 PM
May 2022
It’s not over just because Ruby’s feelings still exist. They’re gonna have to do something about that eventually. Also I don’t think the manga is back on track just because a ship has sailed. Doesn’t really excuse everything that’s been happening since Tokyo Blade ended.
May 22, 11:44 PM

Aug 2018
Kana is going to try.
May 23, 1:50 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
i stay fucking winning with these kana centric chaps !!! aquakana is endgame, thank god. i was drowning in ruby's bs for too long.. i needed this lmao
May 23, 3:45 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to Marinate1016
iBurn said:

He knew exactly what he was doing too it’s so cowardly. I hate when authors fake us out with stuff like this.
@Marinate1016 tbh it's your fault for getting baited, i never for a second believed it would be incest, and the author didn't do anything to make me think otherwise, it was just Ruby's delusion. Since so many people were tricked i say it's a job well done.
May 23, 3:46 AM

Feb 2019
Tsurgy said:
@Marinate1016 tbh it's your fault for getting baited, i never for a second believed it would be incest, and the author didn't do anything to make me think otherwise, it was just Ruby's delusion. Since so many people were tricked i say it's a job well done.

“Tbh” it’s the author fault for clearly teasing incest and then being a bitch and not following thru. Like most other authors. Just weak. Just because *you* didn’t think it was going anywhere doesn’t mean that was the consensus.
May 23, 4:35 AM

Jan 2021
mengo really cooked with the art on the last panel.

now to the chapter, i think it was overall well written chapter. but it seems that aka just surrendered to the fans.
i ship aquruby and obviously wanted it to win, but from a story pov i was always ready for it to fall. but not in such abrupt way. and in a aqua inner monologe.

if aka is actually just a coward now, then ruby is going to get pushed to the sidelines and all the rest of the story is gonna be a basic aqukana romance.
a actual fall off. well i can only hope that isn't the case.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 23, 1:09 PM

Jan 2014
This chapter is a bit too positive, and ends on too hopeful of a note for Kana, so I think she might get hurt by Kamiki. Other than that it's a great chapter for aqua's pov.

We got clarification on the distinction between Aqua and Gorou, and aqua's actual views on the ruby ship, but it feels like it came a bit too late. Still happy about no incest pedo route tho, I will take that any day.

May 23, 5:47 PM
Dec 2022
Finally!!!!! Aqua at least seems to admit it. Tho I am not sure if he is actually going to stop all this revenge thing...
May 23, 7:02 PM
Mar 2023
I have a strong gut feeling Kana is gonna get killed which will drive Aqua to continue his revenge. Either that or he’s gonna turn her down and move on with revenge. It’ll play out with their date going well and ending with his dad showing up to interrupt or scooping up Kana after she leaves for “a role” and killing her. Something is off and I have a bad feeling things are going too well to throw readers off.
May 24, 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
Bruh someting dark is building up but I don't want to think about it!
May 24, 4:05 AM

Apr 2016
So best girl is gonna lose again. Well Aqua doesn't deserve Akane anyway, she's too good for him.

May 24, 4:14 AM
May 2012
People who still think that this manga can turn to some "dark" arc are so naive.
Aka is just majority's cuckold now. No way he will write something that will ruin his income, come on. There is no way something will happen to Kana either. Girl won all popularity polls (Ai is dead, we don't count her here). Also his statement that "everyone will be happy in the end".

I would like to be wrong, but there is no fucking way.
He could make such a perfect dark story, but instead we got common romcom. Still 10 for the first few arcs, but in general it's 7 at best.
May 24, 8:15 AM

Oct 2012
This whole arc was so, so weird. And I don't mean incest. I thought it was bold af and I was happy with it. Creators that don't write their story wondering what people will think about it and simply do what they want to do have my respect. But Ai's true colors thing was simply "oh she was just a teenager like any other", there was no development on any of the characters - God-child was a crow Sarina and Goro saved and that's it? -, Kana is going through the "Kana is sad and is being dramatic" arc for the fourth? Fifth time...
I see ship wars and it's just so weird. I liked Kana x Aqua at first, then she went through the same "I'm sad and forgotten" arc for the second time and I was like wtf? I thought she'd be over it and would become the #1 idol... while Akane seemed the ONLY character in the whole story that had brains. I liked her too, but after the theater arc she shoot up to my number 1 and it never freaking changed????? How can you make so many uninteresting characters at once... Ruby was cool when she seemed dark and cunning for a little bit, but then she just went back her steps. I have no idea what the author is doing. People are scared that somebody will die? I doubt that could ever happen, but if it does happen, thank GOD, at least something interesting that might change things. I don't get why go through all the AquaxKana drama again and show that Kana is in love with him - well, DUH?????? - like it's not the ship the story was going towards (and butchering the characters involved in the process) since the beginning. I was so happy with RubyxAqua because it was something new and interesting, FINALLY, but it just went back to KanaxAqua again... if it's like this why not just make it that way since forever ago... Oh my god. Kamiki doesn't even feel like a threat anymore. Please just end them all. I want a bad ending that makes me go nuts. Please. Why.
May 24, 9:30 AM
May 2021
Focusing on the main plot was what I was hooked into this manga!!
May 24, 12:10 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to thebrentinator24
The people above who are getting pissy because this seems to NOT be going down the incest route anymore are actually fucking weird LMAO πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€ wanting romance between literal siblings? As Kendrick Lamar would say, you’re a F.A.N. πŸ«΅πŸ˜‚ genuinely seek help if your opinion of this series has become soured because Aka remembered it takes place in Japan, not Alabama.

Looks like Aqua x Kana people might end up taking the win here. I prefer Akane personally but I’m good with anything that doesn’t involve weird creepy incest.
@thebrentinator24

@Tsurgy

They were so obsessed with incest that they didn't saw it was only for Ruby's character development lol

"incest is wincest" jokes are kinda fun but they honestly must be weird for believing "incest ending" will be shown in mainstream series, no editor would allow it.

As for Aqua & Kana fans, we played long game but it seems we finally won! ...but I doubt it will be that easy, the worst thing that can happen now is for MC's father to kill someone from known characters.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.105/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.182/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.99/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.11/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.74/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.61/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 24, 2:44 PM

Oct 2018
Ages begging for a chapter where we can see Aqua’s thoughts again and we finally got it, just for Aqua to nuke the meme incest ship and to declare that Kana was his only true route this whole time, although rather than declare it was more of a confirmation since everyone with reading comprehension saw it coming since dozens of chapters ago.

So congratulations for them, their feelings were mutual. Now let’s see how is Aka going to mix this with Kamiki’s actions since it’s more than obvious this is just the calm before the storm. Not a bad chapter compared to the last couple of fairly mediocre chapters
Mobages are consuming me alive
May 24, 8:36 PM
Oct 2021
Kana wins.

We did it, we stopped Aqua x Ruby in its tracks βœ¨πŸŽ‰
May 25, 1:37 PM
May 2024
Reply to iBurn
@iBurn don’t be ridiculous, it’s not gonna ruin the story.
May 25, 10:42 PM

Feb 2019
YES YES YES

Almost got a heart attack two chapters ago. We have confirmation from Aqua's subconscious that he likes Kana. And he's putting an end to any potential Aqua x Ruby. Such a great chapter.

"You've always liked her strong, straightforward gaze, haven't you?"

Yes ^^
May 27, 2:38 PM
May 2012
Reply to Dxjetwin37
@iBurn don’t be ridiculous, it’s not gonna ruin the story.
@Dxjetwin37 ye, u right, cuz it's already did.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 161 Discussion

ARK-13 - 2 hours ago

0 by ARK-13 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 160 Discussion

ARK-13 - Sep 6

31 by Cornbeef19 »»
Yesterday, 11:08 PM

» Who should Aqua date?

anytimeeeeeeeeee - Aug 22

30 by bene29374 »»
Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Oshi no Ko Chapter 46 Discussion

Clas1ck - Jun 7, 2021

26 by Farabeuf »»
Sep 10, 12:24 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Chapter 159 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ARK-13 - Aug 29

54 by Cielord »»
Sep 9, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.