Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
So Ciel decided to participate in cricket although his dorm never had much of a reputation for winning.

Nonetheless, this episode had competitive energy and Ciel had competitive energy. Seeing Sebastian play his role as a classic butler is amusing with that aura of confidence. The Green Lion vs Violet Wolf is one of the rounds being highlighted and it has a feeling of rivalry between the two teams. Everyone wants to make a name of themselves out there. Well played, this episode did well for its gameplay elements and personalities imo.
May 18, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Without all that drama in his life, Ciel would probably be a lot like his father when he grows up.

Alexis Leon Midford, a graduate of Weston College, recounts a significant event from the past when the Blue House achieved its first-ever victory in the cricket tournament. He reveals that he once served as a Prefect's Fag in the Green House, under the supervision of Diedrich, the prefect of the dormitory at the time. Diedrich had angrily reprimanded Vincent Phantomhive. During the cricket tournament, the Green House suffered defeat against the Blue House, a surprising turn of events. Subsequently, Vincent met Diedrich at the Swan Gazebo and appointed him as his Fag. Vincent hinted at his intention to maintain Diedrich's subservience even after graduation, referring to him as his "loyal German dog."

The episode was a nostalgia trip. Not only did we get to see all of Ciel's servants again, except for Snake, but we also saw Lau again. Seeing Ciel's dad reminded me of the story's premise: Ciel is seeking those who killed his family. I wonder if we'll see Vincent's fag later on. I guess Tanaka is the fag, though. Anyway, it wouldn’t really be a Black Butler episode without Sebastian doing something crazy, like the food poisoning stunt. Though, isn't it quite obvious that the Blue House cheated? I mean, the whole team got stomach pains; there's no way people would think that's a coincidence. But I actually found Edward to be pretty cute here. I laughed at Edward's "my little sister wiped the floor with me" moment. xD

And now Sebastian is springing into action... the new goal of capturing the principal is a go!

May 18, 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
Seems like I was the first one to vote? Oh well.

Vincent is an absolute legend
8:23 Poor guy T_T. Apparently the surname "Coward" comes from "cowherd" (a person employed to take care of cattle).

I feel bad for Harcourt, but that was hilarious. My sense of humour may be broken.
The animation during the game was really good, love to see it.
May 18, 10:10 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Now I'm really wishing there was a Cricket focused anime out there. I immediately searched after the episode ended, but no luck.
I was wondering how Blue House was going to pull it off. Sebastion drugging the other team...yup, that will do it. Good episode. Now someone just needs to get inspired and bring a Cricket anime into existence.
May 18, 11:19 AM
Feb 2024
We only ever really saw snippets of Ciel’s parents or heard about their work briefly, so I rather enjoying seeing more of Vincent’s school days and background. He was quite the individual, wasn’t he?
I love that Baldroy, Finnian, Tanaka-san, and Mey-Rin came to see Ciel’s cricket game 😂
I didn’t think Ciel would be the type to resort to laxatives though, that threw me for a loop. Then again, it’s not like it’s the first time Ciel’s played dirty. He doesn’t believe in miracles, but he sure does believe in sabotage 😅
I can’t wait to see the Headmaster next week!
May 18, 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Finally a cricket episode in anime.
May 18, 4:33 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, Ciel's dad is handsome as sin. I wonder how hot he'll be when he grows up.

I just KNEW they were going to poison that pie, with laxative. Called it! Still funny.

Now the match is getting interesting. Their music tactic has been seen through, what is next? Especially if the headmaster isn't that easy to capture.
May 18, 5:19 PM

Jun 2022
AHHHH WE GOT TO SEE MORE CHARACTERS FROM PAST SEASONS !!!!! :DDD
omg the Harcourt "orgasm"...... >.> that was something..
also i feel like the headmaster is a fake
webblesMay 18, 5:23 PM

May 18, 5:47 PM

Feb 2019
the laxative was expected, but very sneakily underhanded of them lol now, i wonder how the green vs blue match will end. hopefully it ends with blue figuring out a way to counter green and actually win it with their own less trickery strategy.
May 18, 5:54 PM

Apr 2016
You might have never expected Black Butler to become a sports anime lol
Cool to see the mansion staff again after so long
That Harcourt scene was hilarious lol, this arc is so wild
May 18, 6:37 PM

Oct 2022
I knew Lau and Ran Mao would be running numbers somewhere!!😂
UndefeatedBahamut
May 18, 9:03 PM

Dec 2022
When I saw the looks on Ciel and Sebastian’s faces, I knew they had their tricks up their sleeves. That’s right, Ladies and Gentleman. Learn the ways of the Phantomhive Family!
May 18, 10:45 PM

Jan 2017
This was so entertaining to watch from beginning to end. I love this anime a lot 🖤
May 18, 11:10 PM
Aug 2021
KingYoshi said:
Now I'm really wishing there was a Cricket focused anime out there. I immediately searched after the episode ended, but no luck.
I was wondering how Blue House was going to pull it off. Sebastion drugging the other team...yup, that will do it. Good episode. Now someone just needs to get inspired and bring a Cricket anime into existence.

There's probably no chance at a cricket anime. Japan is a baseball country.
May 18, 11:24 PM

Aug 2019
Ain't no way somebody named their kid Coward.

The way they were strategizing on the table really threw me off lmao

Ciel using dirty tricks to win is a power move lmao

TANAKA APPEARANCE. EVERYONE RISE UP AND HAIL TANAKA.
May 18, 11:58 PM

Oct 2022
I wasnt expecting them to take that tactic at the end but it does make sense to end things quickly

May 19, 1:36 AM

Nov 2022
Now we can all tell where Ciel gets his cleverness from lol.
So glad we actually got to see a full scene with Vincent Phantomhive, because we only saw small pieces of information before, that part was super cool.
May 19, 3:10 AM
Jul 2013
Druitt is maximum creepy, he’s the absolute worst but Suzuki does the BEST job of levelling up the creep…. Poor Harcourt, he didn’t deserve that! Someone please call the police on Druitt

Ciel be like ‘pushing the boundaries of the rules’ while he’s poisoning people 😂😂😂 never change Ciel, never change.
May 19, 4:06 AM

Oct 2022
I loved the end bit where Ciel shouts go, Sebastian! Like he is a pokemon, lol.
May 19, 4:42 AM

Dec 2022
I find it interesting how, if Blue House wasn't the house of our main characters, we'd probably collectively hate it for using underhanded tactics, right? I know at least my blood boils at people playing games unfairly at tournaments, especially if it's just technically not against the rules, so it's not wrong but it's wrong, like this. But then again, we love Ciel and Sebastian so we gotta root for them, right? But then I also suppose, though I may be saying this to make myself feel less like a hypocrite, it's because Ciel and Sebastian have a clear goal that's more important than some school's tournament.
May 19, 6:35 AM
Jul 2013
In the manga, this took like 10 pages or more, here 3 minutes hahaha.

▫In short, Ciel's father, Vincent, performed the blue miracle, so it is up to his son to repeat the feat.

Of course, we're talking about Ciel, the bastard will do anything to get his way.

▫On the other hand, the director finally appears. 🤨
May 19, 6:41 AM

Oct 2022
It was hard to tell if Harcourt was into the experience or not.
That mix of pleasure/shame in front of the whole school...
May 19, 6:47 AM

Nov 2022
"I've always wanted a loyal German dog" Now we know where Ciel got his sassy attitude from 😏 Like da- ehmm-father like son.
May 19, 9:25 AM
Mar 2015
Blue uses the ground beef and laxative pie to win against Greenhouse Then they use music to signal the Houston wash tub gambit
May 19, 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Is it Saturday yet? I need the next episode.

I hope we find out something about the headmaster. Is he vampire (my guess since ep 1), a Dr. Frankenstein-esque mad scientist, or something else? Do we even know his name?
May 19, 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
Reply to Mr_Fudgee
I find it interesting how, if Blue House wasn't the house of our main characters, we'd probably collectively hate it for using underhanded tactics, right? I know at least my blood boils at people playing games unfairly at tournaments, especially if it's just technically not against the rules, so it's not wrong but it's wrong, like this. But then again, we love Ciel and Sebastian so we gotta root for them, right? But then I also suppose, though I may be saying this to make myself feel less like a hypocrite, it's because Ciel and Sebastian have a clear goal that's more important than some school's tournament.
@Mr_Fudgee i don't think it's just to make yourself feel better. I'm sure many people feel the same way. Personally, I have never had love for Ciel. I understand what drives him, but I don't like him. On the other hand, I adore Sebastian. I loathe cheating, especially in the form of loopholes. I am actually rooting for Green House to win, especially now that Sebastian's attention is off the game.
May 19, 10:37 AM

Oct 2022
I’m sorry but I’m so amused that Vincent is exactly the kind of person who would push all of Ciel’s buttons 😂

May 19, 10:41 AM

Dec 2022
I can’t believe all the Phantomhive Servants are here! Long time no see, Mey-Rin, Finnian, Bardroy, and Tanaka! It’s so good to see you all again!
May 19, 12:10 PM

Oct 2020
The part where Sebastian changes the dish, lol. And the music part where Sebastian is leading the other students.
May 19, 4:57 PM
Jan 2023
What in the pedophile?? I've watched all of Black Butler. The pedo man's presence is weird but tolerable. But that child being bent over, tearing up, blushing and moaning from... diarrhoea... is not okay. It's not funny to sexualise children. They shouldn't be doing it, end-of. I know they do it for underage girls all the time, but we should be reducing that, not just 'balancing it out' by also doing it for underage boys. It's disgusting.
May 20, 1:42 AM

Jan 2021
So happy to see the old cast again! ;) I miss them. The trick with the music was quite clever and really portrayed the Blue House as a house of smart kids but on the other hand they also used dirty tricks to win from the Red House xD well, it's not Ciel if he doesn't do sneaky tricks... he has someone like Sebastian by his side. Of course he will do anything to achieve his goal even if it's dirty, sneaky and crazy. That's also the reason why we all love Ciel and Sebastian right...

I might be crazy but I suddenly thought what if the headmaster was the Queen's relative that Ciel was looking for...? I mean the headmaster only uses his physique... that's why he rarely shows up. Because there are some other students who also disappeared suddenly, right... maybe the headmaster changed his physicality (?) oh wait, this is starting to get ridiculous and incoherent. I just can't wait to see what really happens... once a week is so long..... T--T

May 20, 1:44 AM
Apr 2023
Having not heard of "Black Butler" before, I didn't expect to see an English public school anime with a cricket tournament arc this season 😂👌

Loving it, and also love the random mentions of "rowing on the Thames in front of Windsor Castle" or whatever 😂 and it's a fun Japanese twist on things, with OTT Prince of Tennis style bowling techniques that are hilariously entertaining too!
May 20, 10:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
laxatives to get the first victory!
kekeke
May 21, 9:13 PM
May 2024
I enjoyed this ridiculous episode, the cliffhanger annoyed me goddamn much
May 22, 11:00 AM
Sep 2023
For a story with lots of students and crowded places, it feels so empty.. Something about the animation is making me feel uneasy I think its the fact that the frame transitions are sometimes random
May 27, 12:57 PM

Jul 2017
As someone who grew up a cricket fan and played a ton of it when I was young till under 18 high school teams where I used to be, it was weird seeing cricket in an anime to this amount and man was it hard to watch here lol. Makes sense why it would happen given the setting but it looked really rough to watch and almost cringe inducing at times lol, especially with the bowling in general. It is unfamiliar territory for an anime so won't be too harsh on it but this was... something.
May 27, 1:08 PM

Oct 2017
Vincent got a loyal german dog. Everyone's reaction to the story was hilarious. Specially Frances'. She definitely knows something. From her and Tanaka's reaction I get the feeling Vincent might have used a similar tactic like Ciel. Did that guy shit in his pants in public? Like damn. Anyway it was really great to see many old faces, really happy about it. Now go Sebastian go. Though doubt it'll be this easy.
Jun 5, 6:33 AM

May 2015
A sport episode in a show setting on a school, it reminds me of something...
Jun 27, 3:59 PM
Mar 2019
Cricket is so Private School participation.
Jul 6, 5:08 PM
Apr 2018
Nice and very Good
Jul 8, 10:03 AM
Nov 2023
it was amazing! i love this anime soooo much, and I already dreaming abt a new season. <3
Jul 17, 6:17 AM

May 2020
This has to be the most lame cricket match I've ever watched lol. It felt like the author was writing this as an off-brand version of baseball, which is something japanese play, because no way cricket just involves clearing boundaries lol. Bowling actions felt weird as well, I mean you just don't throw balls as is xD

I could just recall one more instance where I've seen people play cricket in anime, but yeah as someone who has watched this sport since as a kid, this felt more like a comic skit. Can understand though, as I mean japan isn't familiar with cricket. They show football or some other sport fine after all. 

Btw, I doubt the headmaster would be caught.
Jul 29, 12:56 PM

Sep 2017
Did the femboy...shit himself in the middle of grassfield, in front of everyone? lmfao
خ
Aug 18, 6:13 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to snekkoboi
What in the pedophile?? I've watched all of Black Butler. The pedo man's presence is weird but tolerable. But that child being bent over, tearing up, blushing and moaning from... diarrhoea... is not okay. It's not funny to sexualise children. They shouldn't be doing it, end-of. I know they do it for underage girls all the time, but we should be reducing that, not just 'balancing it out' by also doing it for underage boys. It's disgusting.
@snekkoboi where do you see a child ? He's 16 no ?
Aug 24, 5:44 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to KiidCathedrale
@snekkoboi where do you see a child ? He's 16 no ?
@KiidCathedrale Yeah, anyone under 18 is a child. If you are also a minor then feel free to enjoy that scene, but as an adult it was weird to see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20

32 by Jobn_Bibblbe »»
Aug 8, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

81 by Jobn_Bibblbe »»
Aug 7, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

41 by Darkzepheran »»
Aug 6, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

53 by Fatephile »»
Jul 29, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

50 by Fatephile »»
Jul 29, 3:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.