Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 10:15 PM

Jan 2009
shigaraki and all for one is finally gone so its over right?

deku saying to all for one that he is not a demon he is just a lonely loser is funny

but looks like deku is now quirkless again

what an emotional chapter though wtf

i just checked there is like more chapters left before the end
each volume has like 10 chapters and we got 40 volumes release right now that means 400 chapters
then there is 23 chapters so far not in volumes so there might be 7 chapters more to end all of this
it will all end in 42 volumes lol what a number a meme number of volumes
degMay 16, 11:31 PM
May 15, 11:17 PM
Jan 2021
Damn. this is looking like it's actually about over. Even though it wasn't a perfect final arc, it seems like My Hero might be a rare shonen that sticks the landing. I'm going to miss it
May 15, 11:18 PM

Jun 2014
Oh shit looks like AFO and Shiggy have officially been defeated and the fight is over. We legit might have 10 chapters or less to go now before the end.

A lot of people saying "that's it?" and I get it, but tbh this was probably the best possible ending given the circumstances. Like this can't really drag on for way way longer with everyone practically hanging by a thread, so I'd rather Hori end it here and have MHA potentially beat the "bad ending" curse that plagues a lot of action shounen, than for it to drag for another 25 chapters and we get an ending that ends up being even worse.
thebrentinator24May 17, 12:44 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 16, 1:01 AM
May 2021
Damn thank god its finally coming to a close, final arc dragged too much. What a shit conclusion 😂😂 & ppl r cursing out other series for the pow & mha literally had been using this all this time. Gaslighting the shit out of other series.
jas-samaaaMay 18, 3:06 AM
May 16, 1:48 PM
Jun 2023
I’m sure there’s gonna be more shigaraki stuff, but I really liked everything else until the end, if that’s it for Shigaraki I’m gonna be kinda disappointed.

But I’m almost 100 percent he’s going to transfer a vestige or something after their blood came into contact at the end.
May 16, 3:05 PM
Nov 2020
TylerKimJong said:
I’m sure there’s gonna be more shigaraki stuff, but I really liked everything else until the end, if that’s it for Shigaraki I’m gonna be kinda disappointed.

But I’m almost 100 percent he’s going to transfer a vestige or something after their blood came into contact at the end.

I honestly feel the same way about shiggy cause I’ll 100% be disappointed if that was his end
May 16, 3:35 PM
Nov 2020
What a horrible ending for my favourite character :/
May 16, 5:56 PM

Dec 2021
400 chapters in the making... I'm not going to sit here and lie and say that this didn't make me emotional, because it did. Still, something feels... off. I don't know, I already expected this, but yeah, I didn't think it would come this soon.

I've had my ups and downs with Hori's way of writing Shigaraki's character, but I think he nailed it in the end. Which makes me happy because deep down, I can't lie, Shigaraki is a compelling character that has always interested me. Seeing his conclusion to his character like this, yeah, I'll take it. It makes me happy.

But yeah, with Shigaraki and AFO defeated, the end is near for sure. I'd say less than 8 chapters or so.

May 16, 7:26 PM

Oct 2017
I'll wait and see if this is really over but hope so.
May 16, 7:46 PM

Apr 2022
last page was clean but i hope this means it's actually over, the editor's note seems to confirm it but we'll see.
May 16, 10:28 PM
May 16, 11:06 PM
Jul 2021
i really liked the ending to the fight, disney or not it’s deku’s story told by himself so it’s the best possible ending it could have been.
May 17, 6:43 AM

Jul 2022
That's it, huh?

After all that, and here we are. I really loved the shot of 1A all helping Deku punch through, as much as this series wishes it was Black Clover, that scene stuck out to me where it looks like the bonds Deku has forged at this school really pushed him forward.

Bakugo showing up for the final slap in the face was an alright thing too but lol. Anyway, AFO is gone for good, and so are the embers of OFA. Shigaraki wasn't forgiven or redeemed in the end (thank god) but he got his comeuppance.

The Kurogiri thing was also sort of sweet only because I read Vigilantes, but that felt almost forced i dunno lol.

Anyway, it's finally over.
May 17, 7:49 AM

Jan 2014
so, did the manga really reach it's conclusion?
deku back to quirkless again?

I had a hunch that Shiggy might be transfer OFA and or all of his remaining quirk to deku when their fist touch.
because Shiggy said he wouldn't let any of his quirk vanishing.
I would be dissapointed if it's didn't happen.
May 17, 8:48 AM

Aug 2020
This chapter ended like "that's it"? But when I saw the last panel it gave a feeling of owari da for sure so no complaints, I wonder what the remaining chapter will show.

Mostly likely next two or so chapter will showing Japan current conditions and heroes reviving.
May 17, 10:12 AM
Jul 2015
For people that are saying "that's it", What more do you want? Like come on shigaraki was made so over powered to the point that it felt like hori was over doing it cause we all knew the heros were gonna win in the end.The ending felt...acceptable, even though they dragged it.
May 17, 11:42 AM

Feb 2014
That's it? So anticlimatic, but at the same time I'm glad the author won't pull a stupid idea out of nowhere like he did countless times just in this terrible arc.
May 17, 7:05 PM
Aug 2020
natsu was right

nothing is stronger than friendship!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 17, 8:25 PM
Oct 2020
Ok there he goes. So the final boss is defeated right? Shigaraki and AFO defeated. Shigaraki's dead too but I guess he was "saved" in the end. Couple more chapters and My hero is over.
May 18, 2:48 AM

May 2016
Obito moment what a joke
May 18, 3:05 AM
May 2021
Reply to otakuweek
natsu was right

nothing is stronger than friendship!!!
@otakuweek Natsu is better than this mid final arc lol.
May 18, 3:19 AM
Aug 2020
jas-samaaa said:

Lol
I won’t lie, i can not be satisfied with this end…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 18, 3:52 AM
May 2021
Reply to otakuweek
jas-samaaa said:

Lol
I won’t lie, i can not be satisfied with this end…
@otakuweek atrocious & am not biased to say FT final arc was not great either. Its like every popular battle shonen suffers a curse of the final arc being not as good as the earlier arcs.
May 18, 7:55 AM

Apr 2020
Despite all the emotional bullshit 99% of shounen has to put on the final chapters, I think One for All and All for One not existing anymore will be a nice conclusion.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 18, 8:20 AM

May 2020
This series ending right here right now is for the best. Nobody is demanding quality from this end, as we just don't have that luxury to begin with this series.

So yeah, just put a fullstop as now that AFO isn't there anymore.
May 18, 8:30 AM

Oct 2015
Lackluster conclusion, but def much better than more pointless chapters.
May 18, 10:41 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Softhenic03
This series ending right here right now is for the best. Nobody is demanding quality from this end, as we just don't have that luxury to begin with this series.

So yeah, just put a fullstop as now that AFO isn't there anymore.
@Softhenic03 I think this ending was the best possible given the circumstances, it wasn't the best it could have been imo, but still good. My main complaint with this final arc was the lack of danger/death from the heroes side, and that takes away some points to this arc, but apart from that, it had great moments storywise and characterwise. And I liked that Shigaraki wasn't redeemed at the end.

I just disagree with you on this series not having so much quality, I think the opposite, with ups and downs, Horikoshi managed to show magnificent writing throughout the story.

May 18, 11:21 AM

Aug 2019
I’ve been waiting for this day for years.

Now who is his father?
May 18, 3:11 PM
May 2023
I need to sit on this conclusion. On paper I should love it, but something about it feels lacking. It could be the fight getting lost in the mass of black that Horikoshi was drawing AFO as, or maybe it's just my own declining investment in this series.
May 19, 7:34 AM

Apr 2020
well... UNDERWHELMING AF!

May 19, 8:11 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Wow, this actually feels like the end of the battle. Of course it's shounen, so anything can still happen, but I honestly got the "it's finished" vibe from this chapter. While it is kind of abrupt considering all the previous chapters that led up to this, it was pretty decent as a standalone chapter.
May 19, 8:16 AM

Sep 2011
It's finally over. Love that Bakugoat got one more amazing moment
May 19, 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
Was looking forward to Kurogiri taking a stand to save Shigaraki and it lasted a bwip. Shigaraki was always going to die, but man this went by so fast fast fast. I wonder how many chapters we've got left. I'd assume 425~ Seems like we have more than one chapter's worth of wrap up maybe.
May 19, 11:10 AM
Dec 2018
I feel like the end for Deku can go two different ways. Either he will end up being quirkless like he started or somehow he will still have a quirk leftover from the fight.
May 19, 12:14 PM

May 2010
I kinda hope this is it. No more twists its just an emotionally charged final fight where good and evil collide and good overpowers and wins the day. Super hero kino. This hit all the emotional beats with deku and his friends / confronting shiggy, and all for one and one for all having a final devastating conversation. It would just feel right if this was the climax and we slide into the falling action and resolution chapters.
May 19, 12:46 PM
Nov 2019
It’s weird to me that this somehow feels anticlimactic. On paper everything is there to make it feel like it should be a proper finale but something feels off. AFO’s return is probably the biggest reason honestly. It’s like Hori couldn’t figure out how “saving Shigaraki” was supposed to play out as a final battle so we get this instead.
May 19, 7:08 PM

Mar 2016
Glad Shigaraki didn't get the Sasuke and Obito (somewhat) treatment.

All in all, seems like a fitting end to the war arc.
May 19, 11:55 PM
Dec 2019
I’ve been very critical of the last few arcs but seeing Shigaraki die did make my eyes water a little. I hope the ending lands well for all it’s worth. Horikoshi sensei, please don’t fumble.
May 20, 2:43 AM

Dec 2013
Shigaraki and All For One are finally gone. RIP.

It's hard to believe that this series is about to come to an end.
May 20, 5:50 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Is this really the end? Crazy!!

Personally, I liked this a whole lot. Midoriya's future is a question that comes to mind, though. He did lose OFA.
May 20, 1:46 PM

Nov 2020
I'm going to echo what so many other people are saying, that's it? Don't get me wrong, this arc has been going for a long while and I know we're in the endgame, but that makes it all the more of a head-scratcher that THE climax felt so rushed and underwhelming. You're telling me that after all this time, after all the build-up and character development, Shigaraki gets a 2-page goodbye with Midoriya? Nothing addressing his thoughts on AFO's betrayal, his original quirk, Nana saving him, his Tenko persona, Deku technically failing to save him, etc. Hell, we still haven't even gotten his reaction to discovering the fate of the rest of the League. What happened to being a hero for the villains? Why would Horikoshi have Kurogiri jump in to save Shigaraki since "his friends are waiting for him" only for both of them to die a few pages later?

Something's off here, and unfortunately this chapter is sloppily enough put together that I can't tell if it's intentional misdirection or just bad execution. Like everything could be taken at face value, and the lack of so much detail and pay off could be a result of Horikoshi truly running out of steam here and opting to speed-run the climax. I'm getting flashbacks to when the White Walkers were defeated in GOT. Like I remember feeling "that can't be it" when the battle was over, and well, that was it. I really, really hope that's not the case here and that a remaster of this chapter in Volume 42 and future chapters re-contextualize everything here to make it more satisfying. Because on paper, everything here would've been great if spread across like 4 chapters.

423- everything in this chapter ending with Shigaraki and the vestiges joining the fight
424 -Tenko Shimura: Rising with a flashback to Nana saving him and him coming to grips with AFO's reveal and Deku actually reaching out to him. Which allows him to regain his original quirk and/or the other half of decay to "revive" himself and the vestiges
425- big action heavy finale with Deku, Shigaraki and the vestiges battling AFO in the vestige realm
426- an entire chapter dedicated to Deku and Shigaraki's talk and farewell to the vestiges
Are ya winning, diners?
May 20, 5:03 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to deg
shigaraki and all for one is finally gone so its over right?

deku saying to all for one that he is not a demon he is just a lonely loser is funny

but looks like deku is now quirkless again

what an emotional chapter though wtf

i just checked there is like more chapters left before the end
each volume has like 10 chapters and we got 40 volumes release right now that means 400 chapters
then there is 23 chapters so far not in volumes so there might be 7 chapters more to end all of this
it will all end in 42 volumes lol what a number a meme number of volumes
@deg

Volume 40 ended with chapter 410, and volumes recently have been 12 chapters, so v41 to ch422, leaving 11 chapters left.
May 20, 10:32 PM

Oct 2021
After this chapter, everything is gonna wrap up. Kurogiri disappeared to ask All for One to bring Tomura back. Tomura and Deku destroyed All for One. And All for One gets haunted by the One for All users. What a journey My Hero Academia has been! Tomura destroyed All for One with all his might. 😖 All for One is truly a lonely man! 😢

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
May 21, 10:45 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I found this chapter to be kind of messy for some reason. Like it felt somewhat disjointed. But I'm glad Deku was able to cut to the core of All For One, calling him what he truly his. It appears Tomura was there with the rest of the One For All users to destroy AFO. But I did find the whole Kurogiri part strange. A bit anti-climactic, if I'm being honest.
May 21, 11:11 PM
Nov 2016
I liked the previous chapters on this fight but I didn't like the conclusion of this fight, kinda felt underwhelming with that same generic shounen feeling, I hoped they did something different here to separate this from the rest but nope, it had that same generic cheesy shounen feeling to it, and Bakugo flying over to get that final hit was kinda cringe, I bet the Bakugo fans have their panties in a bunch and wet after watching that part but man, that shit was fucking cringe.

Oh well, I bet I will enjoy this part more in the anime but yeah, I'm not too happy with how it ended in the manga.
May 22, 11:42 AM
Apr 2024
MHA is pretty much finished. Damn.
May 22, 8:44 PM
Nov 2021
finallly a big fight over
May 23, 9:46 AM

Jan 2021
This long... long... LONG war has finally come to a conclusion, I honestly can't believe it. It had it's ups and downs but it's truly over now.

Deku fought bravely to the end and even gave up the only thing he wanted to have for his entire life, he is a true hero and this is how he became the GREATEST hero.

I'm excited to see where it goes from here, I'm not 100% sure if it's over for good soon or if we've got a bit more to go but I honestly can't see it stretching anything further.

I'm just hoping for a timeskip, I also kinda hope the ending is open too, I'd love to see a kid just like Deku who wishes to become a hero. But I do have a feeling that maybe now that the biggest villain is gone that the superhuman society might change for good....
May 23, 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
Wasn't expecting this chapter to actually end it after how long it's been going. In part also because I'd have thought I'd have heard some rumblings about this chapter already, but nothing.
May 24, 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Damn, Are we finally about to witness the end.
This arc is finally over it seems, Will we seem some good conclusion for Deku and the others in the manga end or not. I just hope the ending is good.

Sayonara AFO, Shigaraki, Both were good villains.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I caught up on s07 and want to read from chapter 1 to the end, worth it?

Yaaceen - Jun 7

31 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Jun 10, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 425 Discussion

deg - Jun 5

45 by ReaperCreeper »»
Jun 10, 4:34 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia epilogue short arc start

Otaku-Aniki - Jun 2

5 by deg »»
Jun 9, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 424 Discussion

deg - May 29

45 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 8, 8:41 PM

» sequel

Dumb - Jun 2

17 by SPIDEY_rockzzzzz »»
Jun 8, 11:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.