Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 11, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like Kano and her group is ready to make another video although they weren't fully prepared yet.

An idol like Miko getting involved this episode raises expectations though. I think it's clear that the entertainment industry is a lot harder to make a breakthrough than it looks. On the other hand, I'm happy to see all the cast being so passionate about their work.
May 11, 9:42 AM

Feb 2020
It's good to see how much progress the girls have already made in such a short time. I'm proud of them.

Miiko is a very nice addition to their group.

SerafosMay 11, 10:03 AM
May 11, 9:51 AM

Apr 2016
Shes her Idol already even without her knowing it

Yo they actually acknowledged that out of nowhere kiss that has happened at the end of the last weeks episode ... for like five seconds, lmao ... Wonder if they ever gonna go back to that, or i guess it's just thrown into the abyss of never happened now ...

But anyway, the new Miko girl is actually exactly what this group was missing, the dream of one's absolute surety of succes ... even tho it's all build on one big lie, but that is what being an Idol is, isnt it.

Quite something the part about the single mom doing everything she can to support her dream along with her daughter, who loves her mom very very much. Even tho you can make an argument about her being too childish and wasting her time instead of 110% being there for her daughter.

That was a really good part of the episode, and hands down the highlight of the series for now, at least for me ... because even that is what being an Idol is, even when life keep punching you down you keep smiling :)
May 11, 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Thought last week's episode was better than the others but this one went backwards for me, wasn't that interesting at all to watch sadly and didn't really care for Miiko's character here much and her daughter and the developments in this episode. At least it is nice that Miiko was that caring for her daughter I guess to give it her all at her stage in life as an idol at her age as a single mom on paper, just didn't really feel anything when watching it.
May 11, 9:56 AM

Nov 2023
Very good progress by the girls.

So far very nice going for them.

My favourite episode so far in this season.

Miiko is a great mom and idol. Never give up attitude!!
PinoffinMay 11, 10:26 AM

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
May 11, 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
To be honest, I have vague feelings. On the one hand, I understand and appreciate their desire to show that idols are the most ordinary, living women, and not eternally young and innocent ideal waifus. On the other hand, it's somewhat discounted by the fact that we're talking about an episode in an idealized all-female show with a near-CGDCT formula. That is, they actually deconstruct one of the industry's main sexist prejudices, while at the same time being a media that adheres to it even more than real-life idols. Of course, this show is far from the manipulative nature of Love Live or other 100% idol anime, but it still leaves me with an aftertaste of some hypocrisy.

Oshi no Ko from the same Doga Kobo handles such nuances much better, not least because of the more conventionally realistic setting and lack of moe conventions. Although at the same time, we must give Jellyfish credit for the very fact of touching such topics and their criticism/deconstruction, which you clearly will not see in most other all-female musical shows. The fact that this does not happen as ideally as I might have wanted due to the limitations of the genre is another question.

P.S. Lol. For obvious reasons, I was looking forward to this episode more passionately than usual and all they did was a short smug joke just to remind me that this kiss really happened. If they're really going to leave it like this, this will be the most blatant and shameless anime cliffhanger I've ever seen.
RobertBobertMay 11, 10:20 AM
May 11, 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
I don't know with which characters their surname is written, but I'm sure it's a pun on 婆 (baba) - old woman. That's mean lmao ToT
Oh yeah, this had a regular ED too, I forgot lol.
Scene after credits!
Well this was a complete 180 of Miiko's character, really unexpected. Best mom and Ariel is precious. Now I'm really excited to see what kind of song they'll make for her.
EmbientMay 11, 10:30 AM
May 11, 10:11 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, Milf idol.
Really interesting story and twists in this episode.

P.S:Yoru teasing Kano about the kiss is so cute!
May 11, 10:12 AM

Jan 2016
Every episode since Kiwi one is covering a topic I feel personally attacked for... They feel too relatable and this is growing even more in me.

Interesting thing mentioned by Rieri is that this episode aired May 12th in Japan, which is Mother's Day. What a cute coincidence
Don't forget to congratulate yours folks.
May 11, 10:15 AM

Mar 2021
Really awesome to see the girls doing so well. Miiko and her daughter are so adorable and it's amazing to see how determined Miiko is to become an established Idol and be someone for her daughter to always look upto.
May 11, 10:23 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Embient
I don't know with which characters their surname is written, but I'm sure it's a pun on 婆 (baba) - old woman. That's mean lmao ToT
Oh yeah, this had a regular ED too, I forgot lol.
Scene after credits!
Well this was a complete 180 of Miiko's character, really unexpected. Best mom and Ariel is precious. Now I'm really excited to see what kind of song they'll make for her.
@Embient It's 馬場, you can see in the C Part bellow the yt video title with a #. And it's definitely a pun, I burst out laughing when Miiko ran away from the show for her daugher's sake and the manager(?) goes: "Babaaaaa" xD
May 11, 10:29 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to animejas
Thought last week's episode was better than the others but this one went backwards for me, wasn't that interesting at all to watch sadly and didn't really care for Miiko's character here much and her daughter and the developments in this episode. At least it is nice that Miiko was that caring for her daughter I guess to give it her all at her stage in life as an idol at her age as a single mom on paper, just didn't really feel anything when watching it.
@animejas Well, nevertheless, they covered a rather important issue for the industry. Of course, within their capabilities. Although concealing age is gradually becoming a thing of the past, the topic of concealing personal life and relationships is still quite relevant. For example, in the last 5 years there have been at least 2-3 major scandals involving idols, VAs, or actors who hid their relationships or families. Even those idols who openly get married are still forced to “apologize” to fans for it, and such an action is often interpreted as either an admission of a lack of career prospects, or to secure them enough so that the marriage can no longer affect your popularity. ESPECIALLY among women. Not to mention the fact that this in any case affects your future career in one way or another.

@Ryushindai I don't think this is a coincidence. Lately, it's not uncommon for original shows to work quite deeply with the calendar, both in promotion and in episode premiere dates. For example, G-Witch dedicated almost every episode to the holidays or events that took place that day. Including Mother's Day, Children's Day or even Yuri Day, on which Licorice Recall also published a video about the relationship between Chisato and Takina at the time.
RobertBobertMay 11, 10:35 AM
May 11, 10:31 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Ryushindai
@Embient It's 馬場, you can see in the C Part bellow the yt video title with a #. And it's definitely a pun, I burst out laughing when Miiko ran away from the show for her daugher's sake and the manager(?) goes: "Babaaaaa" xD
@Ryushindai Thanks! Didn't notice that.
22:47 馬場静江
May 11, 10:39 AM
Jun 2020
Miko mama life is a rough one. I can't imagine what happened to her during her youth. Her persistent passion for Idol sounds like a trauma from her old days, a wound that never healed. Having Ariel at such a young age, being a single mom who works multiple jobs to make ends meet while chasing her dream to become an idol, takes a tremendous amount of determination. At least now, Ariel let her know that she had her top 1 fan beside her this whole time
May 11, 10:41 AM

Apr 2010
Mahiru playing the triangle made my day.
May 11, 10:42 AM
Nov 2023
What a fitting episode for Mother's Day.
May 11, 10:51 AM
Aug 2022
Miko and Ariel have such a nice and pure relationship, Kinda reminds me of Pesha and her moms relationship. Just that ended in a really sad way.
May 11, 10:53 AM

Oct 2017
Memcho + Hoshino Ai = Miiko. A 31 year old idol, divorced with a child. Where do I find one? Such a lovely mother and daughter duo, she's working so hard for her daughter. Really admirable. Ariel's really adorable and a sweet little girl. Hoping the best for them. Sucks we didn't get to hear her sing though.

This is the most beautiful thing I've seen today.

Was great to see JELEE live. Kano was really good. Mahiru though lol, she was way too nervous and just stood there.
May 11, 11:02 AM

Jun 2021
I really appreciate the sweet moments with mother and daughter. I always get somewhat emotional whenever I see single mother working hard to raise their children and the fact this episode was released during mother's day made it even better.

But I still think it is one of the weakest episode. Even the song wasn't that impressive this episode. Maybe my expectations were really high because of the previous episode.

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 11, 11:03 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to RobertBobert
@animejas Well, nevertheless, they covered a rather important issue for the industry. Of course, within their capabilities. Although concealing age is gradually becoming a thing of the past, the topic of concealing personal life and relationships is still quite relevant. For example, in the last 5 years there have been at least 2-3 major scandals involving idols, VAs, or actors who hid their relationships or families. Even those idols who openly get married are still forced to “apologize” to fans for it, and such an action is often interpreted as either an admission of a lack of career prospects, or to secure them enough so that the marriage can no longer affect your popularity. ESPECIALLY among women. Not to mention the fact that this in any case affects your future career in one way or another.

@Ryushindai I don't think this is a coincidence. Lately, it's not uncommon for original shows to work quite deeply with the calendar, both in promotion and in episode premiere dates. For example, G-Witch dedicated almost every episode to the holidays or events that took place that day. Including Mother's Day, Children's Day or even Yuri Day, on which Licorice Recall also published a video about the relationship between Chisato and Takina at the time.
@RobertBobert The series compositor/screenwritter and a VA said it's a coincidence, I'll just believe them and not think too deep.
May 11, 11:07 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Ryushindai
@RobertBobert The series compositor/screenwritter and a VA said it's a coincidence, I'll just believe them and not think too deep.
@Ryushindai You say that as if I'm trying to force some kind of fan theory on you, lmao. I'm just saying that this might not be a coincidence given the existing practice. But if they themselves say so, then okay, I have no reason not to believe them.

@E-Satie But why exactly did it not live up to your expectations? Unless you meant the same reason why I waited so long for this episode, lol. I think this episode explored no less important and interesting a theme that the last.
RobertBobertMay 11, 11:13 AM
May 11, 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
Really befitting to know this actually aired as soon as Mother's Day started on JP time.
May 11, 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
btw, someone, probably the production staff, wrote Ariel's ema for real at the Hanazono Shrine.

何それ?意味分かんない
May 11, 11:32 AM
May 2024
Reply to Ryushindai
@Ryushindai
Yeah the director said himself on his twitter space that this was a coincidence. The anime staffsbat dogakobo and writer have no say in its tv schedule, so they write and make the episode not knowing what day it will air.
May 11, 11:34 AM

May 2020
Trust me but it'd have been better if the truth about being actually a mother, divorced at that and being well past the "accepted" age to be considered an idol was kept a secret from this idol stanning audience forever lol. I mean their worship culture exists, so yeah.

But things ended up nicely for Miiko, so let that be. Anyways, I always wanted them to cover that one character we've been seeing in the background since the first episode, so glad they did, with a kind of message of their own.
May 11, 11:38 AM

Jan 2011
Well this took a turn I didn't expect. We get a single mom with a cute daughter. This show just got more insane. I am so happy to be following it.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 11, 11:39 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Softhenic03
Trust me but it'd have been better if the truth about being actually a mother, divorced at that and being well past the "accepted" age to be considered an idol was kept a secret from this idol stanning audience forever lol. I mean their worship culture exists, so yeah.

But things ended up nicely for Miiko, so let that be. Anyways, I always wanted them to cover that one character we've been seeing in the background since the first episode, so glad they did, with a kind of message of their own.
@Softhenic03 In her case she didn't have much of a fan base anyway, so it was a net positive by ending up trending by being in a unique circumstance.
May 11, 11:39 AM

Jan 2016
Reply to Vivid_Rabbit_
@Ryushindai
Yeah the director said himself on his twitter space that this was a coincidence. The anime staffsbat dogakobo and writer have no say in its tv schedule, so they write and make the episode not knowing what day it will air.
@Vivid_Rabbit_ wow thats actually so cool, didn't know they were doing a staff space... gotta listen to them all from now on. Sadly no archive for eps 1, 2 and 6 :'(
May 11, 11:41 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
To be honest, I have vague feelings. On the one hand, I understand and appreciate their desire to show that idols are the most ordinary, living women, and not eternally young and innocent ideal waifus. On the other hand, it's somewhat discounted by the fact that we're talking about an episode in an idealized all-female show with a near-CGDCT formula. That is, they actually deconstruct one of the industry's main sexist prejudices, while at the same time being a media that adheres to it even more than real-life idols. Of course, this show is far from the manipulative nature of Love Live or other 100% idol anime, but it still leaves me with an aftertaste of some hypocrisy.

Oshi no Ko from the same Doga Kobo handles such nuances much better, not least because of the more conventionally realistic setting and lack of moe conventions. Although at the same time, we must give Jellyfish credit for the very fact of touching such topics and their criticism/deconstruction, which you clearly will not see in most other all-female musical shows. The fact that this does not happen as ideally as I might have wanted due to the limitations of the genre is another question.

P.S. Lol. For obvious reasons, I was looking forward to this episode more passionately than usual and all they did was a short smug joke just to remind me that this kiss really happened. If they're really going to leave it like this, this will be the most blatant and shameless anime cliffhanger I've ever seen.
@RobertBobert Lovely comment. This got ya didn't it? it's so nice to have an older female character that isn't some fossil. The medium rally seems to hate characters in their 30s at times.
May 11, 11:44 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Ryushindai
@Vivid_Rabbit_ wow thats actually so cool, didn't know they were doing a staff space... gotta listen to them all from now on. Sadly no archive for eps 1, 2 and 6 :'(
@Ryushindai It's really cool and shows how much passion they have for this project.

Always telling who worked on which cut, why they did x or y.

It's one of the reasons I'm enjoying following it weekly, really open and nice staff (they answer some of your questions if you get lucky lol),
May 11, 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MasterHavik
@RobertBobert Lovely comment. This got ya didn't it? it's so nice to have an older female character that isn't some fossil. The medium rally seems to hate characters in their 30s at times.
@MasterHavik I didn't quite understand what you meant, but the so-called "Christmas cake" mentality is indeed characteristic part of Japanese pop culture. You are required to be young and innocent, and at the same time you immediately become an old maid if by the age of 25 you have not found a husband and started a family. As a result, young Japanese girls are often faced with the choice of either completely immersing themselves in their career or quickly finding a husband to meet social expectations.

@TiagoCosta well, the show's writer has been known for this for quite some time. For example, a couple of years ago he translated into Japanese a meme he particularly liked about the development of Tomozaki-kun. Great work with the audience, although he was disappointingly quiet when I needed his commentary the most lmao.
RobertBobertMay 11, 12:03 PM
May 11, 11:53 AM
Apr 2023
Followed the anime for the flat chest, stayed for the milf.
May 11, 11:59 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
How ironic that we get an episode about a single mom living her dreams as an idol at 31 on Mother's Day weekend.

Maybe Ariel and and Shizue can be a mother/daughter idol group. I think that will be cute and wholesome.
May 11, 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to RobertBobert
@MasterHavik I didn't quite understand what you meant, but the so-called "Christmas cake" mentality is indeed characteristic part of Japanese pop culture. You are required to be young and innocent, and at the same time you immediately become an old maid if by the age of 25 you have not found a husband and started a family. As a result, young Japanese girls are often faced with the choice of either completely immersing themselves in their career or quickly finding a husband to meet social expectations.

@TiagoCosta well, the show's writer has been known for this for quite some time. For example, a couple of years ago he translated into Japanese a meme he particularly liked about the development of Tomozaki-kun. Great work with the audience, although he was disappointingly quiet when I needed his commentary the most lmao.
@RobertBobert This episode got you really thinking, didn't it? That's what I meant sorry. I just really like your comment and love how in depth you went. I'm familiar with all of that stuff. I will say all of this pressure put on young Japanese women while they legit make it hell to have a family in Japan due to the work culture. Who wants to have kids if you are working 60 hours a week? It doesn't help that cost of living in Japan isn't cheap either.
May 11, 12:05 PM
Jun 2023
A beautiful Mother's Day episode! I almost teared up towards the end of the episode and I barely knew Miiko and just met Ariel! I think anyone can appreciate the love Miiko showed for her daughter. Pure wholesomeness.

It also touched on a real issue in Japanese idol culture. In a world full of fakeness sometimes the risk of authenticity is rewarded by an audience that is tired of seeing the same mass produced product being pushed on them all the time. Makes a nice contrast with Kano's mother as a producer. I'm curious to see where things go from here. Will we see the song they made for Miiko now be released by Shizue Baba?

I also appreciated the troll job before the first commercial break for all the Yuri shippers awash with anticipation after last week's episode. They got jebaited last week and now the audience is left wondering if that was just pure bait or may come up again later as an actual part of the story. Either way, I'm excited to see what's next.

May 11, 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to MasterHavik
@RobertBobert This episode got you really thinking, didn't it? That's what I meant sorry. I just really like your comment and love how in depth you went. I'm familiar with all of that stuff. I will say all of this pressure put on young Japanese women while they legit make it hell to have a family in Japan due to the work culture. Who wants to have kids if you are working 60 hours a week? It doesn't help that cost of living in Japan isn't cheap either.
@MasterHavik I generally can't stand it when women are given the "career vs family" choice, as it often ends up either giving up any professional achievements, or becoming an obsessive workaholic with no personal life, or turning a woman's life into a complete stressful mess for trying to combine corporate and family requirements from them. Not to mention single mothers, which is still something of a shame in the country.

@Seansy At this point, it was clearly a deliberate bait, which really paid off judging by the sharp increase in hype around the show and the growth of subscribers on the official anime accounts. But I don't think it's going to go completely nowhere, given that the first promos and opening teased some kind of trip to the beach together, which will clearly be some bonding moment for them one way or another. We'll likely see this around episode 8 if they follow the standard formula. Either way, the writer has made it clear that regardless of the yuri/non-yuri debate, this will be a show about strong emotional connections and passions of girls.

P.S. I just realized that this is the second all-female show this week that features a female character protecting another from boys' mocking. Yes, Train and Jellyfish continue to somewhat mirroring each other throughout the season
RobertBobertMay 11, 12:45 PM
May 11, 12:53 PM
Sep 2022
a fairly irrelevant chapter, of a series that only has 12 episodes, I don't see any logic in this episode. a good without further
HormigoMay 11, 12:57 PM
May 11, 12:55 PM

May 2015
Ah yes, more representation of 32-year-olds looking like 17, yay! Not surprised that she went viral with disclosing that information, she was stagnant for 14 years, it really had to be something big to make a break. Probably a bit unrealistic how nicely and well received it ended up, but still good to see since she actually became more likeable as a character too. Even if some of her older fans felt "betrayed", she gained new ones. And the relationship with her daughter was genuinely cute.
May 11, 1:00 PM

Apr 2014
stage...Yoru's surprised confused face made me laugh out loud ahaha lol
May 11, 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Hormigo
a fairly irrelevant chapter, of a series that only has 12 episodes, I don't see any logic in this episode. a good without further
@Hormigo The whole mother - daughter dynamic will be important later on, first time Kano talked directly about her mother.

Also them appear live, on stage, is a very likely cataclysm for her to be recognized, leading to the 2nd half of the series showdown.

It's a original series, with a start, middle and end. It's all planned within the 12 eps.

Also the most popular ep in Japan so far, trending really high in Japan! 3rd overall with over 40k tweets(using the jp hashtag, would be even more with other hashtags or none).
May 11, 1:09 PM

Jul 2022
Halfway through the season! I loved seeing the mother-daughter relationship between Shizue and Ariel being developed. Shizue also coming clean to her fans about her situation, giving a refreshed mindset. She should proud of all that she's done raising Ariel by herself as a single mother. As mentioned by others above, this is really great timing for having a "mother's day" episode.
May 11, 1:12 PM

May 2016
I'd say if a idol actually did that, they would all walk right out. simps want young single idols.
isn't that why there is a bunch of rules of idols not allowed to have boyfriends. let alone kids and being over 30?
May 11, 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to TiagoCosta
@Hormigo The whole mother - daughter dynamic will be important later on, first time Kano talked directly about her mother.

Also them appear live, on stage, is a very likely cataclysm for her to be recognized, leading to the 2nd half of the series showdown.

It's a original series, with a start, middle and end. It's all planned within the 12 eps.

Also the most popular ep in Japan so far, trending really high in Japan! 3rd overall with over 40k tweets(using the jp hashtag, would be even more with other hashtags or none).
@TiagoCosta Already 40 thousand? At the end of last week there were only 20. Putting aside the debates surrounding Episode 5, they did a really good job promoting it, doubling the show's hype in just one week. Hopefully the author can monetize this enough to give us a more epic and well made third season of Tomozaki in the future. Alsoo, could you please tell me which two shows are still ahead of this?
May 11, 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to RobertBobert
@TiagoCosta Already 40 thousand? At the end of last week there were only 20. Putting aside the debates surrounding Episode 5, they did a really good job promoting it, doubling the show's hype in just one week. Hopefully the author can monetize this enough to give us a more epic and well made third season of Tomozaki in the future. Alsoo, could you please tell me which two shows are still ahead of this?
@RobertBobert Last week it went to close 25k last I checked, so it's not quite double, but a big rise nonetheless.

I meant overall as in Saturday, and the other aren't anime stuff.

It was below #オーロラ and #SixTONESANN... basically ahead of all the Saturday anime, kaiju and the likes. Japan wise to be clear, which is what I have my trends set to.
May 11, 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kayle_x_Morgana
I'd say if a idol actually did that, they would all walk right out. simps want young single idols.
isn't that why there is a bunch of rules of idols not allowed to have boyfriends. let alone kids and being over 30?
@Kayle_x_Morgana Classically, most idols embody both the idealized embodiment of youth and the idealized "everyone's love interest", especially since AKB48 dramatically increased this. That's why age and lack of partners are so important. This is especially strict for girls, as the industry is largely built on creating female content for a male audience. Actually, this show as an all-female multimedia project about female idols can also serve as an example of this.

With some nuances, of course. For example, although many agencies prohibit lesbian relationships as well (a number of members of sub-brands of the same AKB48 were fired due to relationships with female fans or got into scandals due to the disclosure of relationships with each other), many idols tease the idea of ​​lesbian relationships with colleagues, so-called "business yuri", which male fans view positively due to the prejudice that lesbian relationships are asexual and virginal and due to the lack of men.

@TiagoCosta That is, this is quite widely discussed on the Japanese Internet and, at least at the moment, has already become an big event in the season? This really intrigues me as to how far this could pushing the careers of everyone involved. Especially considering that if the show manages to maintain this level until the very end, then most likely we will clearly see many similar original anime or adaptations of similar manga/LN in the next year. I also wonder what role the show's portrayal of Japanese entertainment and internet culture played in the show's popularity.
RobertBobertMay 11, 1:37 PM
May 11, 1:29 PM
Jan 2022
Cute episode with a beautiful development between mother and daughter <3
May 11, 1:43 PM
ザクシャ イン ラブ

Aug 2016
I was definitely not expecting a heartwarming episode focusing on a mother-daughter relationship between Shizue and Ariel, two characters we know little to nothing about prior to this episode. Shizue, the idol that Kano and Mahiru ran into in the first episode in front of the jellyfish mural, has earned my respect for being a single mother doing her best to raise her daughter, while also struggling to stay relevant as a 31 year old idol. The moment when she abandons her live performance to pursue Ariel shows us the strength of their relationship. As her daughter, Ariel is and will always be Shizue's number one priority. As for Ariel, she is a great kid who understands her mother's situation and is her self proclaimed number one fan. The scene where she poses and states that she is her mother's TO, was great to see, having just learned the term from Mei. All in all, I believe that this episode is meant not just to develop Shizue and Kano as characters but also to show us the contrast between the eventual portrayal of Kano's relationship with her mother, as that seems to be what the story is building up to in the latter half of the season.

The episode is also a great reminder of Mother's Day this weekend, make sure to call your mom!

May 11, 2:32 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Uff she's 31, I was wondering the whole episode how old she is if she already has a daughter she definitely looks like forever 17 lol. That was a pretty cute episode, the connection between the two was really heartwarming.
May 11, 2:42 PM

May 2022
I really loved Miiko in this episode. Her personality is really good and she is a fun person to hang out with unlike what we saw her in the first episode where she seemed a little submissive. Her being an Idol at 31 and even being a divorced mother with her daughter was really a surprise and kinda unexpected considering how young she really looks like. Hope to see more of her in future episodes.

Also little off topic, the way she threatened the group with sweet words was literally the most friendliest and most polite threat I have ever seen in any anime. She Rocks!

𝒟𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒.
May 11, 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to -DxP-
Uff she's 31, I was wondering the whole episode how old she is if she already has a daughter she definitely looks like forever 17 lol. That was a pretty cute episode, the connection between the two was really heartwarming.
@-DxP- By the way, "forever 17" is a fairly old meme among Japanese celebrities. There were even a few VAs in the 00s who made this their gimmick. Although, unlike Miiko, they were all mature women who did not hide their age or personal life.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

195 by kalopsiia »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

116 by GrumpySylveon »»
8 hours ago

» Is anyone listening to the behind the scenes after episode discussions with the seiyuu?

WatchTillTandava - Jun 10

3 by akatsukinoluna »»
Jun 10, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Kano or Mahiru? Episode 9 Poll ( 1 2 )

Royalty459 - Jun 2

62 by Skizo10 »»
Jun 9, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25

62 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 8, 10:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.