Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
A training camp? I was kinda expecting a big celebration for their anniversary. But then again, these girls know how to have fun while working. The aquarium segment looked magical imo.

Loved the overall chemistry again. Summer time in this show brings nothing more than excitement between friends in this show.
May 25, 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
You know what, more youtubers should do a mandatory summer camp ... the real one, not the .. you know xD

Bur never mind that, i was under the impression that they are some sort of independent multi-media yt group, so the need of a live performance seems really weird ? I mean, half of them is a bunch of weabs, and the rest is no better with the irl interactions, lol.

But, as the disney villain appeared out of nowhere with an evil laugh ... things got complicated.
May 25, 10:08 AM

Aug 2017
The doxing part well handled this episode, but now we got the mother to deal with. Still need to know why Kano used violence on one of her idol members, so hope the next episode can clarify that.
May 25, 10:13 AM
Jul 2023
It’s like watching a good end of a twitter drama.
The group not backing down and The JELEE fan community pulled through at end.

Kano past is catching up to her more and more.
May 25, 10:14 AM

Mar 2021
Really good episode with the girls enjoying a training camp to create a new song it was especially nice to see the JELEE fans support Kano and make their stream a success.
May 25, 10:21 AM

Feb 2021
Oh noooo, not that beginning...
Oh yeah, I've heard that in some love hotels in Japan you can rent outfits and stuff like what Kano is wearing.
Aaaand here it goes
I hope we get more about doxxing and Kano's past before the season ends, I feel like it wasn't completely resolved yet in this episode.
Kano's mom wanting to commission art from Mahiru came out completely out of left field though, really interesting how will that turn out.
EmbientMay 25, 10:33 AM
May 25, 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
As expected the moles on Kano came into play.

Best song yet, really liked the performance.

https://x.com/Yaku_Yuki2/status/1794404557457592359 (the writer) ''This is where Yorukura really gets going...''
May 25, 10:42 AM

Jan 2016
I'll just delete last episode from my mind, this is the YoruKura I loved from its initials episodes...
That was a good conclusion for the brief drama there was. Kiui said everything there mid performance, ignore the bad fans because majority are the fans that support you with all their hearts.

And finally, next episode is the one Rieri hyped about in a livestream, I'm so glad I was wrong on a previous statement I had and it'll actually be a serious drama episode by the looks of it with Kano mom in action. I can't wait
May 25, 10:43 AM
Jun 2019
yep, this is anime of the season for me
May 25, 10:47 AM
Feb 2020
The multiple artwork projecting is kinda wild.Unless those things are common in stages like that.

I gotta ask,theres no way Yoru was drawing all that on the fly right?I thought its just predrawn added in but she also looks as she was stroking like drawing.Or maybe it was just to fade them in gradually.
May 25, 10:49 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Mainnus
It’s like watching a good end of a twitter drama.
The group not backing down and The JELEE fan community pulled through at end.

Kano past is catching up to her more and more.
@Mainnus You said everything which I just wanted to say. Nice!
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
May 25, 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Girls band Cry and this back to back is such a generational Yuri run man I can’t believe this my life. These girls have quickly become my reason for living. Every episode just surpasses the previous one and leaves me wanting more.

I really hope this becomes a multimedia project because I can’t say goodbye to this after one season. No regrets at all for putting this in my top 10 already.

Sigh, yet again another weird ass stalker who can’t stand to see an idol happy and living her life. We had something very similar with seiyuu radio a few weeks ago so I was prepared for how ugly this could get, luckily it didn’t go that far.

They’re giving us just enough Yuri stuff to keep us satisfied while not distracting from the overall story which I love. They’ve struck a perfect balance. Kano calling Yoru just to hear her voice is so cute 😭

Using a love hotel as a staging ground for the virtual event is definitely an idea lol, I love how everyone is checking out the room’s amenities and Kiui is just worried about the WiFi speed. I’m the same way when travelling

When you see how much Kano cares about her fans and the experience they have at her concerts it’s no wonder people like Mei fell so in love with her. She knows the joy she brings to them and wants to make things as fun as possible at lives. Her talking about details like the glow sticks being waved at shows was so sweet set.

Fairs the girls dancing in the rain gave me the motivation to continue living 😭 fuck I love them sm

So annoyed that the creepy ass YT stalker messed up the entire vibe of the episode by ruining their first live concert… and he deduced this from MOLES. Holy shit go outside.

I’m so glad Kiui was able to improvise and still give the fans a great show virtually while bringing them to Kano as well in the form of the blue jellyfish. The Key animators for the performance SNAPPED too, the character acting and motion is just brilliant there. Can’t wait for the next one!

Yoru’s lockscreen being she and Kano is so CUTE OH MY GOD. They’re so gay 😭 but wtfffff Kano mom is now coming back into the mix?? Ofc, this is gonna be a crazy next few eps
Marinate1016May 25, 1:04 PM
May 25, 11:14 AM

Jan 2022
A Rollercoaster of emotions, first we start in a love hotel (hell yeah, tho it's no MahoAko yuri seggs scene level) in a aquarium themed room (nicely picked). But then, JELEE was hit with a truck, society rarely pardons, Kano had a (not understood) experience of getting cancelled which impacted JELEE. Though, with the help of hope, redemption, friendship, love (hell yeah yuri) and Kimura money (corruption my beloved, tho it was in fact quite funny seeing her drop money on the table), they managed to perform a new song love, which illuminated Kano and JELEE as a whole for a bright future, leaving her troubled past behind and pushing for the development of the group going forward with the 4 episodes remaning. It was a very great episode, I liked the spirit of not giving up and in the end all 4 girls were very happy with what they achieved.
I like everything, ok
May 25, 11:14 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
Girls band Cry and this back to back is such a generational Yuri run man I can’t believe this my life. These girls have quickly become my reason for living. Every episode just surpasses the previous one and leaves me wanting more.

I really hope this becomes a multimedia project because I can’t say goodbye to this after one season. No regrets at all for putting this in my top 10 already.

Sigh, yet again another weird ass stalker who can’t stand to see an idol happy and living her life. We had something very similar with seiyuu radio a few weeks ago so I was prepared for how ugly this could get, luckily it didn’t go that far.

They’re giving us just enough Yuri stuff to keep us satisfied while not distracting from the overall story which I love. They’ve struck a perfect balance. Kano calling Yoru just to hear her voice is so cute 😭

Using a love hotel as a staging ground for the virtual event is definitely an idea lol, I love how everyone is checking out the room’s amenities and Kiui is just worried about the WiFi speed. I’m the same way when travelling

When you see how much Kano cares about her fans and the experience they have at her concerts it’s no wonder people like Mei fell so in love with her. She knows the joy she brings to them and wants to make things as fun as possible at lives. Her talking about details like the glow sticks being waved at shows was so sweet set.

Fairs the girls dancing in the rain gave me the motivation to continue living 😭 fuck I love them sm

So annoyed that the creepy ass YT stalker messed up the entire vibe of the episode by ruining their first live concert… and he deduced this from MOLES. Holy shit go outside.

I’m so glad Kiui was able to improvise and still give the fans a great show virtually while bringing them to Kano as well in the form of the blue jellyfish. The Key animators for the performance SNAPPED too, the character acting and motion is just brilliant there. Can’t wait for the next one!

Yoru’s lockscreen being she and Kano is so CUTE OH MY GOD. They’re so gay 😭 but wtfffff Kano mom is now coming back into the mix?? Ofc, this is gonna be a crazy next few eps
@Marinate1016 WE ARE EATING GOOD!!!!
I like everything, ok
May 25, 12:11 PM

May 2023
this is getting better and better, all drama and conflicts are resolved quickly and well.

hopefully more Kano's backstory will be revealed in the next episode, JELEE's songs are amazingly good but not memorable enough.

but yeah YoruKura is definitely in my top 5 this season.
NezuSwallowtail_May 25, 12:34 PM
May 25, 12:21 PM

May 2019
Well, at least the love hotel had a ocean theme with the fish and was spacious.

With earlier episodes showing Kano and her splitting from her old idol group due to violence I figure her past would catch up to her at some point. I think she will need to confront her past and set the record straight to clear up misunderstandings. On a side note it's odd that Kano's mom reached out to Mahiru (how did she get her number?) so I'm curious what she will do.
May 25, 12:35 PM
Sep 2022
Very good chapter and in my personal opinion Kiui has become my favorite character in this anime. It's a shame that this anime only has twelve episodes. Having said this since they are not a group of Normal music, and that each one has already chosen their future when they graduate, I am very afraid that in the end they will separate their paths. The future will say
May 25, 12:53 PM

Oct 2017
Ah yes love hotel, the perfect place for family planning and sleepovers. Good job Mei. Kano cosplaying was lovely.

The drama was gonna come sooner or later but glad it didn't drag and was dealt with swiftly.

Their performance was beautiful. Love the four of them. Also Mahiru got commission request from Kano's mother. Is she gonna do it?
May 25, 1:13 PM
Alucard

Jan 2018
loved the episode, but I really didn't understand what Yoru was doing during the livestream, she was just drawing and that's it?
May 25, 1:23 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to CLModerno
loved the episode, but I really didn't understand what Yoru was doing during the livestream, she was just drawing and that's it?
@CLModerno She was drawing things that were appearing on your screen, yeah.

Just like the others were producing/making music.

Everyone had a role.
May 25, 1:28 PM
Alucard

Jan 2018
Reply to TiagoCosta
@CLModerno She was drawing things that were appearing on your screen, yeah.

Just like the others were producing/making music.

Everyone had a role.
@TiagoCosta ohhhh, I thought that all those drawings were pre-made, wtf, she draw fast af lol
May 25, 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to CLModerno
@TiagoCosta ohhhh, I thought that all those drawings were pre-made, wtf, she draw fast af lol
@CLModerno Some were, but the letters and some drawing, if you take close attention you can tell were being made on real time.

Like a fast and simple example, would be when she writes down JELEE at the start of the performance.
May 25, 1:37 PM
Sep 2022
Reply to CLModerno
@CLModerno Maybe I got confused with the subtitles, but didn't Kiui say that those drawings that appeared were fanart sent by fans? I suppose Yoru also made some drawings but not all , if not Kodansha, Sueshia, or Marvel or DC hire her because she becomes a millionaire that quickly hahahaha. I'll have to watch the episode again.
May 25, 1:41 PM

May 2020
Never underestimate the stalking capabilities of a japanese idol stan. NEVER.
May 25, 1:50 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to Hormigo
@CLModerno Maybe I got confused with the subtitles, but didn't Kiui say that those drawings that appeared were fanart sent by fans? I suppose Yoru also made some drawings but not all , if not Kodansha, Sueshia, or Marvel or DC hire her because she becomes a millionaire that quickly hahahaha. I'll have to watch the episode again.
@Hormigo yeah, all the blue jellyfish are fan made. If you check at around 20:06 mark you can see that what Yoru was drawing the entire performance was this giant colorful Jellyfish
May 25, 1:50 PM
Alucard

Jan 2018
Reply to Hormigo
@Hormigo yes, there were some fan arts, but probably she was drawing some effects over some drawings and animations they already did i guess? Like those jellies floating around the mini JELEE (though I really don't know how she could animate such thing SO FAST)
May 25, 1:51 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Hormigo
@Hormigo You are talking about different drawings, the ones behind the girls are all Mahiru's (pre drawing and not), the ones ahead (where the fans would be) are fan art by the fans.

Me and CLModerno aren't talking about the fan art ones.
May 25, 1:56 PM
Alucard

Jan 2018
Reply to TiagoCosta
@CLModerno Some were, but the letters and some drawing, if you take close attention you can tell were being made on real time.

Like a fast and simple example, would be when she writes down JELEE at the start of the performance.
@TiagoCosta yeah, I guess it makes sense, the part that she was drawing the "jellyfish legs" (I don't know how they are called) seemed more like she was revealing the art rather than drawing in real time, but still, she draws REALLY fast, no wonder she got called by Hayakawa
May 25, 2:02 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to CLModerno
@TiagoCosta yeah, I guess it makes sense, the part that she was drawing the "jellyfish legs" (I don't know how they are called) seemed more like she was revealing the art rather than drawing in real time, but still, she draws REALLY fast, no wonder she got called by Hayakawa
@CLModerno Really curious how that will end up going.

Clearly it's a plan by that production team, considering the presentation, and not just Kano's mother. But I wonder if it was a indication by her first (as we saw her watching the live on her laptop), in a way to affect/hit her daughter.

Oh well, we will know more next week for sure.

Also found it curious that we got a couple shots of the girl Kano supposedly punched, and she didn't seem particularly annoyed for seeing/learning about Kano there... will see.
TiagoCostaMay 25, 2:44 PM
May 25, 2:54 PM
Aug 2013
this is moving along!
May 25, 2:55 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Of course Mei would mess around and book reservation at a love hotel, but despite all that they had a good brainstorming session. It was only a matter of time before someone figured out Kano's old identity and mentioning her violent past incident with another idol. Now Kano's mom has approached Yoru to provide artwork for her idol group. I'm sure Kano is going to feel some type of way about this new opportunity for Yoru.
May 25, 4:00 PM
Jan 2021
The hotel they go to is real. It’s in Ikebukuro, right in the middle of love hotel and Soapland central!
May 25, 5:47 PM
Jul 2021
Next week we will know what makes this show special
May 25, 6:13 PM
Mar 2015
They are able to pull off their gig on livestream with loads of fanart Haters gotta hate but the fans supported Jellee
May 25, 6:26 PM

Dec 2021
Finding out someone's identity by examining the moles on their body... There are some seriously creepy people in this world. But that's the idol industry for you, full of weirdo fans. This isn't the first time an idol show has tackled this topic either.

Though, the ending with Kano's mom adds an intriguing twist to the episode. Mahiru being scouted as a designer for the group where Kano used to perform? Now that'll be interesting.

May 25, 7:16 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to KingBabyDuckESH
The hotel they go to is real. It’s in Ikebukuro, right in the middle of love hotel and Soapland central!
@KingBabyDuckESH

The hotel was a mixture between the Ikebukuro branch and Iwatsuki branch. The exterior, interior, and the aquarium room came from Ikebukuro branch and the caged rooftop was from the Iwatsuki branch of the hotel.
何それ?意味分かんない
May 25, 8:16 PM
Sep 2016
"I just wan't to hear your voice" over the phone.... Anyone still denying this is a yuri title? (I know, they're not exactly dating right now, so technically... But a man still can dream, y'know)

The illustration, with JELEE holding "hands" with 3 jellyfishes, with a bunch of fan arts illustrations surrounding them, on a live-stream concert.... Holy sh*t! Most powerful anime scene the entire season!!! Ngl, got goosebumps the entire concert scene.

It's still too early to call AOTY, but if this doesn't win AOTS, I don't know what will....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 25, 10:20 PM

May 2015
Ok, so we are going to so see in the next episode whether Mahiru will choose to go down the corpo way and sell her art and creativity to Kano's mom which of course would piss Kano off.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
May 25, 10:54 PM
Mar 2013
Reply to Ishitateso
Ok, so we are going to so see in the next episode whether Mahiru will choose to go down the corpo way and sell her art and creativity to Kano's mom which of course would piss Kano off.
@Ishitateso I can see Mahiru using this opportunity to try find out more about and mend Kano's relation with her mom, in usual busybody sense

I like how we can tell Kano and Yukine are indeed mother-daughter cause they both fall in love with the same artist
May 26, 2:44 AM
Mar 2019
Nice adjustment on the fly by the group. Though, is there some poaching going on? Hmm...
May 26, 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
Welcome to internet where toxicity is a norm, lol...

Anyways, live performance with no audience was smart.

So, we're getting some recognition at the end!
May 26, 8:41 AM

May 2015
Maybe the mother wants to do a collaboration of sorts to basically say they are over that incident and put all the nasty rumours to rest. Well, at least I hope so, and this isn't her way to stir more drama.
May 26, 10:10 AM
Jun 2023
Great episode. Looking forward to seeing where things go from here now that Kano's mom is finally getting involved. Looks like the last third of this anime will be focused on that conflict. I'm betting the drama will ratchet up quite a bit as we finally get the full story on Kano's past.

Seeing an obvious passion project like this anime being about a cast making a passion project themselves has been so fun to watch. Meta in all the best ways.
May 26, 1:59 PM

May 2013
The concert was very cute. Now to wonder what Kano's Mom is scheming for another week.
May 26, 6:56 PM
May 2024
Reply to azerezez
yep, this is anime of the season for me
@azerezez what a godawful show with trashy plot. Go watching breaking bad
May 26, 6:57 PM
May 2024
@animegamer245 even a toddler can make a better visual
May 26, 11:39 PM
Apr 2022
using jellyfish fan arts as blue glowsticks was a great idea, i liked that
May 27, 12:00 AM

Nov 2012
If the mom knows about MahiruxKano and did that art commission, what a jerk move (I'm still giving the doubt 'cause it looked like some project from a department instead of her own will)

My Candies:

May 27, 12:23 AM

Nov 2023
I can't believe Kiui went to a love hotel before Kiwi!
(If you know you know)
May 27, 12:48 AM
Jul 2021
i love this episode, The music is good, the colors are good, and the drama isn't annoying either. for me this episode is perfect.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.