Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 8, 1:16 AM
Mar 2017
Like anime that aired years ago and you saw its first season and later on kept on watching the upcoming seasons throughout the years ? What are they and what are your thoughts on your journey with them ?
Liked them more ? Become a favorite? Or were you disappointed after spending so long with them ?
Yonahim_ZzMay 8, 1:37 AM
May 8, 1:37 AM
Mar 2017
For me they’re:

Shokugeki no souma , since first season and one of my favorite , I was hesitant at first since it’s about cooking but turned out so cool despite the ecchi and the rushed end , but even the manga was rushed so nothing to blame the anime

Boku no hero , since first season but stopped after 5 seasons ( didnt like the 5th that much and decided to watch the rest after it ends completely) , I just love shounen so ofc I’ll watch MHA

Attack on titan , since first season and stopped after the third season , I was just disappointed after the studio change and the use of CGI , Ik not a valid reason but that’s how it is , also I was fed with the spoilers so lost my hunger for it

Kimetsu no yaiba too tho it’s shorter than the rest , idk I just love swords and demons

Bungou stray dogs, also since first season but watched only 2 and then took a rest from anime to come back surprised there are 2 more seasons and now 3 … this anime becomes better with time in my opinions

Danmachi too , since the first season and kept on but still hasn’t finished , this is like any isekai anime from the outside but ITS NOT even isekai , and I love hestia can’t resist her cuteness
May 8, 1:40 AM

Sep 2016
I have been watching One Piece ever since it started airing in my country, with some breaks in between.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 8, 1:48 AM
Dec 2021
one piece. honestly, i'd like to drop it but it's gonna be over soon anyways

May 8, 1:51 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Eleben
one piece. honestly, i'd like to drop it but it's gonna be over soon anyways
@Eleben Maybe it will end soon... or maybe this old (deleted) post will become reality.

Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 8, 1:54 AM

Feb 2020
"Anime you’ve been with for a while"

Digimon and Pretty Cure.
May 8, 2:16 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Daviljoe193
@Eleben Maybe it will end soon... or maybe this old (deleted) post will become reality.

@Daviljoe193 I said it’ll end soon but soon still means like 2-3 years minimum…

May 8, 2:28 AM

Feb 2024
I have never watched a single show being aired (apart from the Pokemon maybe, because it was just some TV poison I was unable to avoid). I prefer to consume anime series as a whole once it's fully delivered rather than wait week after week.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 8, 2:31 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to LoveYourSmile
I have never watched a single show being aired (apart from the Pokemon maybe, because it was just some TV poison I was unable to avoid). I prefer to consume anime series as a whole once it's fully delivered rather than wait week after week.
@LoveYourEyes well I don’t watch them week by week , i just wait until the season is finished airing and watch it
May 8, 2:38 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@LoveYourEyes well I don’t watch them week by week , i just wait until the season is finished airing and watch it
@Yonahim_Zz Ah, right, then I misread it. Anyway, anything longer than 26x2 is too much of a chore for me, so I shouldn't have responded in the first place.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 8, 2:48 AM

Dec 2015
Started Bleach in 2007, finished it in 2012 while rewatching it like a maniac, in 2016-2017 finished the manga, I am still not finished with light novels, and now I am waiting for 3rd cour of 2nd season, aswell as I am waiting for manga continuation and other projects which might happen.
May 8, 7:37 AM

May 2019
Demon Slayer and Saint Seiya anime.
May 8, 7:53 AM

Mar 2024
One Piece, easily. got caught up 500 episodes ago and then watched it again.
The new seasons of Bleach are very good.
I don't want to watch MHA anymore but I will.
May 8, 7:55 AM

May 2024
One piece, ten years I've been watching this show.
May 8, 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
Date A Live, Danmachi and One Piece.
May 8, 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah quiet some. On the top of my mind I can mention:
- Attack on Titan, first killer season to then drag on and twist the story, keeping us in the dark till we finally got all answers in S3 part 2. What came after is, was just a huge dessert. You don't need to watch that if you preferred the open ending of S3 part 2. If you do watch the dessert, it starts pretty good, but as you near the end, the sweetness fades away to make place for sourness.
- Naruto Shippuden, I haven't been there since the start, BUT I blazed through Naruto when I started it and catched up to the seasonal episodes of Shippuden in English dub & then switched to sub to continue watching the serie. Since then, I sticked around it to see it all end. The ending was excruciatingly painfull, I can not recommend it. I would love to see a rework of the last batch of episodes (not sure when it started going downhill, I would say since the start of the last ninja war), slim them down & make them more streamlined. Take out the whole milking process and endless blast 2 the past memories that were not fun nor needed.
- Fairy Tail 2014, once I started Fairy Tail, I blazed through it & catched up to the seasonal episodes of FT 2014. Since then I was watching it faithfully, I love it & I don't get it why it gets so much flak tbh. I'm super excited to see new episodes next season!
- Edens Zero, I wasn't a fan of the blatant copy of some characters straight out of Fairy Tail in the beginning BUT I grew attached to them nontheless & don't mind it at all now. I really love this show aswell, a good space adventure. I hope there will come more seasons, I'm ready!
- Black Clover, I was there since the beginning, but dropped it, because Asta was really an annoying screamer. After some time, many people mentioned that Asta stopped screaming and the show was good. I give it another shot and they were right. I can't wait to get more episodes of Black Clover.
- Bleach, I loved watching Bleach but the huge batch of filler episodes after the Espada fight putted the whole serie for me on hold. Till this day I didn't resume it, but when Bleach TYBW released, a friend of mine urged me to see it. Glad I did, cause it resparked the Bleach flame within me. Currently I'm watching Bleach movies and then I'll face the filler episodes or skip them entirely to see the last part, the fight against Aizen.
- Overlord, tbh I expected more, but I can't really complain, overall it's good enough to keep sticking around.
- Kingdom, I followed it when S2 was airing and sticked with it ever since. I love this show, still need to watch the last season 5, but since it's sadly only 13 episodes... I dunno, I"m afraid to be disappointed... It used to have many episodes and I never felt like it was to much, so just 13 episodes now, seems like to little?
- Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, I saw it since the beginning but dropped this show after the long boring political blablabla episode in S2 part2.
- One Punch Man, S1 was funny and really good, S2 however... was different, I didn't like it, dropped it halfway. It wasn't funny anymore either. Since it is still able to generate so much attention, I'm considering to at least finish S2 and give S3 a fair chance.
- Mob Psycho, S1 was hilarious with Reigen, S2 had a different dynamic which I didn't liked as much as S1. I yet have to see S3, someday, maybe.

I'm gonna stop typing here, there's smoke coming out my keyboard lmao
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
May 8, 8:10 AM

Dec 2019
I watched every single season of AOT and definitely one of the best experience i had with anime. Those feelings when you got a cliffhanger every damn episode is unforgettable. An once in a life time experience i would say.
May 8, 9:05 AM

Aug 2018
Attack on Titan. I started watching anime around the same time AoT came out. I watched it season after season throughout the years, even read the manga until the end.

Disappointed. I'd like to imagine Season 3 Part 2 is the ending, and everything after that is fanfic.
May 8, 6:08 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm the only one I actually followed seasonally whenever it aired is Classroom of the Elite. My view of that anime changed a lot over the years. I genuinely liked it when I started, but the two new seasons left me with a bad impression and that it became worse for every new season that came out. Not sure if I will watch the next season if it ever airs. I still find enjoyment but it will probably be a hate watch if I continue.

The Monogatari series. I didn't start Bakemonogatari when it aired, but I watched it before Nisemonogatari aired..maybe even before it was announced. I watched a few seasons after that as it was ongoing but then I stopped and got back to it and binged the last few seasons all together. I remember wishing for all the novels to get adapted and that wish came true - back then I remember seeing somewhere that it probably going to take 10 years to adapt everything and I couldn't believe I stayed this long with anime and witnessed the main story of Monogatari series to be fully adapted as anime.. and that it really took 10 years.. and now we're even get new adaptations of the series. It is never near the top of my favorite list, and some seasons are good, some really good, some not so much.. but I'm glad I've followed this series up to where it is now.

Attack on Titan. Also didn't watch it as it aired, but I was there (actively watching seasonal anime, getting anime updates) when it first aired. I didn't watch it right away because the theme doesn't align with what I like, and I was losing interest in anime around that time. I also didn't watch season 2 and 3 as aired and I think it was a good decision because I was really hooked after season 2 and season 3 was amazing. I finally watched season 4 as it aired. It was still great, just never used to the new art style. I can't think of AoT as a favorite, but I think of it as a legendary show.
May 8, 6:21 PM

Sep 2022
I watched every season of Attack on Titan as it aired. I am not the slightest bit disappointed. It has an amazing story, good fights, and a great ending. Definitely one of my favorites even though I usually don't like action anime.
May 8, 6:33 PM

Jun 2023
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ōki - Watched the first two OVAs, and part of the third as a kid, and just watched the rest that are out.
Fill Metal Panic! - Similar to above. Just watched Invisible Victory this year, and watched the rest back in high school.
Chihayafuru - Watched the first two when they were airing back in the day, but just watched the third season this year.

There haven't been a whole lot, though. I tend to watch shorter series, both number of eps in a season, and number of seasons overall.

I gotta get back into Natsume Yūjin Chō, tbh.
May 8, 7:21 PM
Oct 2019
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (from the beginning in 2015),date a Live (from 2013), shingeki no Kyojin (from 2014 up to last year with the final) and demon Slayer from the beginning of season 1 in 2019.
May 9, 5:50 AM

Feb 2018

"Tenchi Muyo!" was a complete Phenomenon in Japan throughout most of the 1990's...
and Picked up real hard in popularity in the U.S. for a brief period in the early-2000's.

i was there at ground zero... and TM! was, essentially, the first major Anime series i was deeply invested in that was not Mecha-related.

In Fact; My TM! Fandom was centrally responsible for driving me into Anime Character Dolls and their Customization potential.

i started out with a full set of TOYNAMI's very clumsy 12in. TM! Dolls around 2001/2002...
and in 2023/2024, i came back Full Circle, after a fashion, by acquiring TAKARA's two-doll mid-90's Juraiian Alien-Princess pair,
both of which being long-time Grails of mine... and both being very amenable to an upgrade to the fabulous 2018 OBITSU 26cm. Doll Body~

MasterTasukeMay 9, 6:01 AM
May 9, 5:56 AM

Jan 2009
dragon ball
attack on titan
bleach
my hero academia
May 9, 6:14 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Serafos

Digimon and Pretty Cure.
@Serafos Oh, I used to watch Digimon when I was a kid. I remember always begging my parents to allow me to stay awake a little longer just to catch an episode. Nostalgia...
May 9, 1:21 PM

Jan 2021
Only demons slayer, I watched aot when 2nd season aired but it didn't leave much of an impression on me to keep watching I quit shortly after

Years later I picked it back up because everyone was talking about it
May 9, 11:49 PM
Sep 2023
Mobile Suit Gundam franchise. I've been watching it since 1989
May 10, 12:18 AM
May 2021
MHA, Demon Slayer, AOT, Danmachi, Misfit of the Demon King Academy, One Piece, Bleach and so on.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

May 10, 12:27 AM

May 2018

Random example - Detective Conan.
May 10, 12:15 PM

Sep 2007
Naruto, Bleach, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, MHA, Fairy Tail, Black Clover, Bungou Stray Dogs, Overlord, Food Wars and Fate. That's what I can think/know of so far as there's probably more.
May 10, 12:32 PM

Jan 2022
Gintama, once Ginpachi-sensei comes out, I'll not hesitate to watch it as it airs
May 10, 1:01 PM

Jul 2021
Maybe Kuroshitsuji and Ao no exorcist... Both I watched back when I was 16, and still a high school student.

I rewatched both because of the new seasons coming out. I feel that I was able to enjoy more, especially Kuroshitsuji, now that I'm an adult. I could understand better their actions and reasons. It was a really nice experience.
May 10, 1:23 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to alshu

Random example - Detective Conan.
@alshu that’s a really good random example
May 10, 1:23 PM
Mar 2017
Reply to DarkShame2
Naruto, Bleach, Demon Slayer, Attack on Titan, MHA, Fairy Tail, Black Clover, Bungou Stray Dogs, Overlord, Food Wars and Fate. That's what I can think/know of so far as there's probably more.
@DarkShame2 that’s a reaaaalllyyyy good list full of my favorites!!!
May 10, 4:47 PM

Jul 2016
Boku no Hero, Date a Live, Detective Conan, were the first to come to mind.
May 10, 5:00 PM

Feb 2018
Pretty much all of shonen jump anime. Those anime just hit different for me. Rewatching DBZ or Yugioh usually does more for me than some newer seasonal anime.

One Piece is obviously the “best” choice simply because the story isn’t done yet.
May 10, 5:03 PM

May 2018
Reply to weebtoge
Maybe Kuroshitsuji and Ao no exorcist... Both I watched back when I was 16, and still a high school student.

I rewatched both because of the new seasons coming out. I feel that I was able to enjoy more, especially Kuroshitsuji, now that I'm an adult. I could understand better their actions and reasons. It was a really nice experience.
@weebtoge I was literally gonna mention the exact same ones.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 18, 11:35 PM

May 2016
literally one piece lol; ive been watching it since 2016

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

May 19, 12:17 AM

Jun 2011
There are a lot of them, but I won't mention the ones that have ended like Bleach, Naruto.

Been following One Piece for over a decade at this point, I switched to being a manga reader and only come back to the anime for specific moments.

I used to follow Hunter x Hunter, but I gave up about a decade ago. I don't see the purpose of reading 10 chapters every few years.

As for non shonen, I've been following Skip Beat for about just as long, watched it a decade ago, read it a decade ago, I come back to catch up with the manga once every few years.

For both Detective Conan and Pokemon, I still plan on watching both of those, but I am not actively watching right now, haven't watched an anime for years now, but I still love both a lot, and still plan on continuing one day.

I know there are a lot of anime fans that hate long shows, but I personally have no problem with them. I still love One Piece, Skip Beat, Detective Conan, Pokemon, etc. just as much.

You know some anime fans will say, "what's the purpose of watching one 1000-episodes anime series when you can watch 50 24-episodes anime series", and to that I say, "at least it's a 1000-episodes of something that I enjoy". There's no guarantee that you will enjoy all 50 different anime of the length of 24-episodes. Watching anime is not a speed contest.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 19, 8:12 PM

Feb 2021
definitely date a live, especially with season 5 releasing a month ago

More topics from this board

» what is one popular anime character trope you're tired and sick of ??

ame - 8 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
1 minute ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 minutes ago

1 by mentalmondai »»
3 minutes ago

» Will AI help reduce "crunch time" in the anime industry?

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

27 by DreamWindow »»
7 minutes ago

» What Anime OR Manga Character has the best drip

NessieMAL - 17 minutes ago

2 by Noobmixups »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime ops you never skip

Mattenan - 10 hours ago

25 by Noobmixups »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.